10 years ago, this was on literally everybodys GOAT lists

>10 years ago, this was on literally everybodys GOAT lists
>today nobody gives a shit about it
what happened?

Attached: file.png (1200x1146, 2.14M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cgGq1WVUEP0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

All that people that had it on their GOAT list ten years ago were really really annoying.

>today nobody gives a shit about it

Attached: 1422656016276.jpg (625x626, 82K)

Big fish small pond

People realized that games like it and OoT were great games, but definitely overrated

small cars big wheels

OoT is a hundred times more cohesive than FFVII.

I'm playing it for the first time, reached the Shinra headquarters yesterday
how far into the game am I?

I'm kinda bummed because I was completely charmed by Aeris' character and it sucks knowing what'll happen

you're on disk 1 of 3. In all seriousness you still have a ways to go to finish disk 1.

you're at the end of the intro

That's like the beginning of the game. The whole Midgar section is a small chunk of the game. The real game begins after that

It still one of my favorites.

People realized IX was the better game

Because every contrrarian faggot on this site can't fucking stand the idea that someone likes something that isn't something THEY already like. Going so far as to warp their views of things they did like to hate them just because they're so deluded and brain dead.

I bet if you said you liked something they liked, they would instantly start to hate it.

You're still in Midgar, user, all of that shit is basically a prologue. You'll still have plenty of time to hang out with Aerith across the rest of disc one. Pay attention to dialogue options though, they control hidden values that determine which girl you'll go on a date with later in the disc.

even as a kid when it was new, I thought it looked and sounded like hot garbage.
IX is the superior PS1 game.

the game's world is about to open up dramatically

the hasn't even started yet to be tbqh

aw shit, I thought the whole game was gonna take place in a dystopian cityscape, that's cool

>Not liking 7, 8, 9, and 10 all for vastly different reasons while acknowledging their flaws along with their strengths

Attached: Laughing Mad.jpg (480x640, 45K)

yeah the blocky lego models and the gba tier OST never sat well with me either.
it's aged like milk.

Attached: 2ed.gif (300x300, 2.13M)

Not even the best final fantasy

Final Fantasy is a very mediocre series. Play real JRPGS

cherish it, game ends after the bike chase

take 10 off that list and you're correct

>the game's world is about to open up dramatically

I love FFVII but this post is nonsense. The game itself is incredibly linear with the illusion of freedom.

Sure you can backtrack back to the phoenix reactor and do that every now and then, or you could go to Yuffie's town after you get to rocket town, but realistically, you do everything in a very specific order. There is no real sequence breaking. The only things you can choose to do later or early ultimately don't affect the rest of the game unless you want a 100% run.

>nobody gives a shit about it

Guess that's why it still has almost daily threads on Yea Forums then, more than any other game from that era

Fucking retard

I'm afraid I can't do that, user. I like the character-switching mechanics, the sphere grid, the general concept of the setting, some characterisation, how the HD remaster looks, and blitzball. It has its place in my heart along with all the others.

OoT actually was revolutionary, VII was just well marketed

wrong

You can't deny the feeling one has when they first get to the world map with the main theme playing though.

The graphics aged like milk
If it used 2D sprites instead, it would still be GOAT today.

The game has a scale that would make most of today's younger gamers shit their pants, because no games this ambitious are made anymore. In other words get ready to shit them.

Also keep in mind there are extra scenes that happen sometimes if you have the right characters in the party, so if you like best waifu Aerith, be sure to keep her in your party. Don't drop her just because you know she's not staying around forever.

Yes, it FEELS like you could do whatever you want in the world, but ultimately it's an illusion of freedom.

Don't get me wrong, it's an amazing game and that first step outside of midgar was incredibly memorable, but once you play it a second or third time you realize it's not much different than the set-up of FFX.

The HD remaster looks like garbage, so you are obviously retarded.

Attached: ffxpuke.jpg (2560x1440, 355K)

How long is the game, anyway? I too played FF7 and only got to the Shinra headquarters before getting stuck and losing interest.

FFX is actually good, though

Only normalfags had it on their list. Yea Forums had been shitting it up for years. It's a shit game anyways user

what the fuck why did they make it worse

If Yea Forums hates something, 9/10 times that means it's good.

Attached: 1508117324197.png (1313x1146, 551K)

they actually changed the model?

The world "opening up" doesn't mean its non linear or that you have player choice. Player choice is a meme anyways and ruins good story telling imo. Novels > choose your own adventure books

Fufufufufufufu hua hua hua hua hua pukakakakakakakaka you make me laugh anony moose ;) but please don't joke like that someone might take your post seriously

You have to do the plot in order, duh, but there are PLENTY of optional diversions with their own plot content. There's several locations you can just skip if you want, like the chocobo farm, fort condor, gongaga(zack's town), wutai etc

So it's not at all true that the freedom of choice is an illusion.

Fact millions were tricked by the misleading commercials. Snoy would have never sold as many systems as it did if not for FF7.

oot is a trash with grade 2 story and shitty MIDI music and a trash dungeons that are either too easy or shit design like water temple, FFVII is the greatest game ever made only filthy nintenhoes disagree

One of the rare cases of a game being so overwhelmingly overrated that it wound up doubling back to everybody hating it, and gained niche appeal among fans who actually played it instead of just parroting that it's the "Greatest RPG ever made".

FF7 was better than OOT

They changed the models and facial animations so they all look lifeless, especially Tidus and Yuna. Dumb zoomers probably think they always looked like that.

Never play a Square Enix remake, they are ALL shit because they're all outsourced to cheap Chinese teams.

>458639589
>being so delusional as to think that FF7 is the sole reason why PS1s sold

Attached: hahahahahaha.webm (1280x720, 911K)

>ffvii OST
>gba tier
you must have either played the PC version or are a total retard

because it's cool to hate it

I was talking about the feeling mainly not that the game turns into some open world adventure. Leaving Midgar feels like a dramatic departure from the environment one experiences for all of the game up to that point.

>before getting stuck and losing interest.

It actually took me years to get past this part as I had no idea how to unlock the top floors. The game had so much random crap at the start like that fucking pink pole near the playground that confuses you.

Nobody cared about the PS1 before 97 seethe more.

you got Grand Autismo as the top seller but it didn't break an extra million over the second place best seller FF7. generally you assume consoles are sold due to these games getting pack ins.

Blitzball is the shittiest excuse for a shorts minigame I've seen. The RPG elements completely break it, the first match you have is by far the hardest because you are forced to swap out team members mid match.

I know, its pretty funny. The game is good, exceptionally good at certain things like presentation and plot, but the core gameplay just isn't good enough to carry it as some kind of GOAT experience.

I completely understand why people hate it and I know it's not good but I love it for illogical reasons.

They're both great. FF7 popularised a genre in the West while OoT was a huge step forward for 3D games

Thread theme: youtube.com/watch?v=cgGq1WVUEP0

Last train out of Sector 8 Station.
Last stop is Sector 7, Train Graveyard.
Expected time of arrival is 12:23AM, Midgar Standard Time...

>10 years
maybe 15

Yeah, that exact part, where you're going up and down between floors. Had no idea how to progress and just kinda stopped playing.