Why has the west given up on good combat systems after this?

why has the west given up on good combat systems after this?

Attached: 597b6187ae653a4baa6a36c4.jpg (470x470, 45K)

The Arkham combat system is complete garbage though and western devs have always been creatively bankrupt

Attached: western 2.jpg (1286x1018, 236K)

>has to use Arkham twice
>GoW having one button combat
>Half Life is a fucking FPS
what kind of shitty bait is this?

Attached: 1452878053163.webm (640x360, 2.98M)

If that's Dark Messiah, how old is that fucking game? Proving my point for me

its newer than fucking Ninja Gaiden black

Sekiro and DMC5 just came out, literally trouncing anything western devs have done in the past 15 years, oopsie daisy

Attached: goal-posts-moving.jpg (640x426, 157K)

>WEST BAD
name a japanese game better than RDR2

Attached: rdr2_officialart_3840x2160.jpg (3840x2160, 2.9M)

>Triangle
>Triangle
>
>
>
>Triangle
Great combat system.

Sekiro

>westnigger cant read the fucking OP

Why is the Bamham combat system so unjustly shat on? Yes, it's easy, but that doesn't mean it's bad. It's one of the most kinetic and fluid implementations of 3rd person combat in existence.

never claimed it was
just saying that basicly everyone gave up on making a good combat system and just started using Arkham as a template

oh but when i do it it's bad.
shut up woman, you dont know what you want.

Attached: 1545551560899.jpg (1126x1115, 205K)

Mmmmmmm. Well, what about Teteis?

It's just the combat system of Assassin's Creed

This. Tighter timings and more punishments for button mashing to make it require thought would make it great.

>Why is the Bamham combat system so unjustly shat on?

No, it's justly shat on

>It's one of the most kinetic and fluid implementations of 3rd person combat in existence.

It's literally not and any Japanese game before and since AA and AC shits on them

Attached: arkham shitty is easy.jpg (1343x718, 286K)

its because dozens of games use it where it has no right of existing

Can we stop talking about shitty games and talk about how good the Arkham games are? I really liked all of them.

>This. Tighter timings and more punishments for button mashing to make it require thought would make it great.

AA was the only entry that had that and it was still easy garbage

Attached: arkham.jpg (360x523, 31K)

Seinfeld is unfunny. Arkham's combat system is great but since every fucking game under the sun uses it now, it's called shit.

Image unrelated? You could have actually used an example of a western game where the combat wasn't complete garbage.

Heck, the Arkham games don't even have jumping. How lame is it that the mighty Batman can't even jump? They're such cinematic garbage.

Attached: Jedi Academy.webm (640x360, 2.95M)

>Can we stop talking about shitty games and talk about how good the Arkham games are? I really liked all of them.

That just means you have shit taste to be honest.

The Arkham series is a good gauge to find out if people are easily impressed by all flash and no substance though

Attached: arkham hours.jpg (944x294, 57K)

did this game release after Arkham Asylum?

I disagree, I thought they were pretty good games, I was a fan of the story and how they made the characters.

>If that's Dark Messiah, how old is that fucking game? Proving my point for me
It's newer than half the Japanese games on that bait image, you mongoloid weeb.

Attached: 1523451916032.jpg (454x284, 36K)

Seinfeld is funny and the Arkham games are trash for the easily impressed - the kind of people that want their games not to challenge them or they'd rage quit

Both Jedi games were before the Shitsylum games.

Attached: arkham shitty challenge.jpg (1680x1050, 476K)

>Both Jedi games were before the Shitsylum games.
read the fucking OP

>Ninja Gaiden vanilla
dude just do flying swallow haha

>I was a fan of the story and how they made the characters.

What's to like? Talking from a storytelling perspective, they're fucking shit games that tell halfassed stories that need you to have read the comics or watched BTAS (which I love)

Good example is Talia: Why the fuck should you care about her? She's like a Mary Sue character inserted into the story that we're supposed to know automatically she loves le batman xD

Attached: talia arkham city.jpg (496x606, 81K)

>lmao2sabers
Pathetic little mary sue!

Attached: rosh penis.jpg (1024x768, 257K)

seinfeld are four sociopathic jews practicing the anti-christ revolutionary spirit, promiscuity into their 40s, and abortion. watch it without the laugh track

Attached: maxresdefault-485.jpg (1280x720, 114K)

>have done in the past 15 years
You don't even believe that.

>Jerry: "Outside of us, you don't really have any white friends either."

What is with the Jewish need to be white but also shit on white people?

Attached: george jerry racist black friend.jpg (1646x872, 189K)

>We will never have Rune or Jedi Knights combat ever again
Why must weeb casual shitstain who like DMC and Soulshit ruin everything?

Quote me on this - western devs haven't made a good combat system since the PS2 era

Like one of the most popular western games is Witcher 3, which has an absolutely abysmal combat system

The only grasp western devs had on game design and gameplay was FPSes when we got the amazing build trilogy+redneck rampage - then fucked that up with generally shit FPSes like Half Life 2

Attached: Duke_Nukem_3DHRES.jpg (900x506, 85K)

it's part of their persecution complex. nobody actually pays attention to them, but they need you to, and then when you do they were right all along. a similar self-centered vanity runs along certain immature women too (most women).

Breath of the Wild
Wow that was hard

I really liked the dynamic between Batman and Joker, and how each game explores a different part of their relationship and sheds different light on their characters.
Joker's a big reason why. Joker is a shitty character in the comics. He's a retarded villain sue who somehow one-ups everybody and is almost always three steps ahead of everybody and isn't afraid of anything. He's boring. In the Arkham games, he's much more unique than that; he's genuinely afraid of his own mortality, he's afraid of dying and he's afraid of being forgotten. He's not a villain sue.
Same with Batman, he's actually a complex character who's obsessed with doing everything on his own and in the process hurts the people around him, instead of being LE SMARTEST SUPERHERO EVER.
You can especially see that stuff in City and Origins, though I liked all of them.

>You're wrong because you're wrong.
Good shit there, retard.

le intelligent incel zoomer faggots

Seinfeld is funny, I agree. I was referring to the Seinfeld is Unfunny trope, being that the origin of something that becomes widespread and overused is criticized for that thing despite being the first of its kind.

Anything with fun gameplay. Rockstar games are just movie sims.

Arkham combat is awful. It totally removes positioning from the equation and the game choosing animations for you removes any feeling of connection to what's happening on screen.

>Quote me on this - western devs haven't made a good combat system since the PS2 era
Dying Light
Dishonored
For Honor
Chivalry
Vermintide 1/2
Warframe
Plant vs Zombie:Garden Warfare

FFS why are weebs the most casual shitstain on the planet?