Vote with your walle-

>vote with your walle-

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-01-20 at 3.21.16 AM.png (1640x1282, 1.67M)

What is launch dlc? Like pre-order bonuses? Yea no shit most games have that.

I'm assuming that the stats only considered AAA titles?

Someone has to kill all children. Seriously, 70% of the idiots that spend money on this shit are kids with their parents' money, the rest are neckbeards, otaku and the like.

Considering how many asset flips pop up on steam everyday that's a very wrong statistic.

Time to play only 13% of video games then.

I used to but it turns out on person rebelling against this shit dosn't matter when millions are indulging it.

>kotaku shilling
Here they are yet again mods. Do your job

>87% of AAA games are trash
Big gasp

Im glad I only play JRPGs

Is Sekiro a AAA title?

People did vote with their wallets, micro transactions won.

This argument is always made by retards with no self control, who buy this shot and then whine about it being included in future titles

>and thats a good thing
kys kike

You could say its a AAA game from an AA studio.

>despite being 13% of games, games with no microtransactions occupy 50% of players

Stupid Normies spending money on unreal items. News at 11

Well, I'm going to /tg/ and get into miniature painting, bye guys

I don't even buy games you mongoloid

How big of a budget does a game need to be considered AAA?

>kids play video games
Shocker. I know.

Attached: really.jpg (433x427, 86K)

People do vote with their wallet
It turns out the number of people who can resist the conditioning set in by advertising is in the cast minority

Normies are the biggest fucking brain-dead retards you can possibly imagine

They are the same people who say that 15 dollars a month for a WoW subscription is "too much" and yet they spend hundreds of dollars on Hearthstone cards everytime a new expansion drops

Nice dog whistle.

All you fucking idiots supporting Kotaku's gay faggot shit by posting in their threads

Underrated post

Rather pay. And the only reason there are more kids than adults playing is that most adults are sacrificing their soul to society once they grew up and kill off all of their hobbies.

Voting with your wallet never works.
Because guess fucking what, normalfags are in charge and they will buy anything as long as it's trending on twitter.

Gambling addiction never changes, bro.

Activision so yeah

Couldnt pick a number, but considering its published by Activision, is safe to consider it AAA.

Correct. If it considered every game made recently, it'd be closer to 1%.

>DLCs = basically knew expansions/addons
>not really bad
>more content overall, but at a vastly higher cost
>targeted at everybody

>microtransactions = bad, if they sell power
>mostly targeted at whales/addicts
>gets companies a lot of money

That is the reason why these things will continue to exist. Voting with your wallet is not really an option. Don't know why people keep saying this.

I have honestly never met a normalfag that spends money on anything but social related shit and clothes. The most defining trait about them I can make out is that normalfags lack the very ability to have actual interests or hobbies.

>Voting with your wallet is not really an option.
Do you realize that if you stop playing games with microtransactions you won't be playing any game with microtransactions?

This is what it‘s come to.

but I love to play card games. Not that I would ever pay money for them. You just have to be good at Arena/Draft etc. .

Just stop playing video games.

Literally just find a new more fulfilling hobby.

I honestly never care enough about a game to spend money for shitty costumes.
There are like three characters in the entirety of games I like enough to buy stuff for but none of them had any kind of alt costume or any extra at all so it keeps being irrelevant for me and I will probably never spend money on these things.

It's fake you fucking retards.

Not entirely. Activsion only handled distribution outside Japan.

Ill never understand why publishers exist while we have the internet to distribute games. Especially when they dont fund it or buy exclusive rights.

So they deal with marketing and other menial stuff related to online presence and management.

What marketing did sekiro have

Yes, I will continue not to buy micro transactions, thank you very much.

Some.

One of the many reasons why my buying has tanked and I mostly go AA or indie.

I pirate and mod all my shit, let it crash and burn. FUCK NORMIES

Because developing videogames requires funding for 3-5 years to pay everyone working on them.
Did you think publishers only pay for the distribution and advertising?

Crowdfunding is an alternative but people have soured on it because it proved to be a complete nightmare more often than not.

>voting doesn't work if i get outvoted
This is what gamers want and you're out of touch. Make your own shitty games that "do it right" or support those who do. But if there simply aren't enough people willing to pay for games that "do it right", then they have no business existing, quite literally.

Attached: 1431816808742.png (477x530, 246K)

Absolutely based

>No DLC
>No mictrotransactions
>Sells millions
>wins GOTY

How can Sony be so based?

Attached: 1520914382225.jpg (1200x675, 114K)

faceapp is fucking amazing. that's actually pretty impressive, but I guess having the beard hiding the rest of the face makes it easier to c+p and more convincing?

>narcisa teeth
Eek

Blame chinks and Indians, always.

>buying new games
Why?
Morrowind + mods can keep you busy for the rest of your life.

Voting doesn't work if the only votes that are counted are braindead retards like you who buy this shit.

We have laws that make people wear a seat belt.
This is because the masses are dumb and make poor choices.
Why can't we have similar laws for games? People need to be protected from themselves.

>only my votes should count
SHE FUCKING WON

It will "crash and burn" by turning into always online microtransaction fest.

I had a friend who quit coming to the gym with me because the $15/month fee was too expensive. He spent about $600 on Dragon Ball Z Dokkan trying to pull a Gogeta.

I've got enough games in my backlog to last me fucking forever. By the time games are always online i'll just focus on my other hobbies. Enjoy the pigslop faggot!

Cope
Enjoy looking at your backlog and then realizing you don't want to play any of that

Listen, games are expensive to make and for some reason they can't cost more than $60. That means that games have effectively become a lot cheaper in the last decades because of inflation. So what do you do? Well, you sell DLC. Now, I can feel the heat from your fuming head but let me explain why this is a good thing for everyone:

What is DLC? It's typically low effort content sold at an exorbitant price compared to the value offering that is the main game. This means that people who buy DLC are showering the publisher with money for basically nothing, and that their effective price of the game can be maybe $80 or $100, while the added costs are virtually zero. What do some reskinned armour items with +1 stats really cost to compared to a whole fucking game? Nothing.

So, when the developer counts their sacks of money from sales and divide them by the number of games sold, they don't get $60 but let's say $70. They effectively sold the game for $70, while you (and probably most gamers) only paid $60 for this $70 dollar game. Effectively these fucking idiots who buy deluxe editions are paying to keep the base cost of the game $60 and as such effectively decreasing every year thanks to inflation.

Thank you DLC!

Activision also did the translation and voices for all non-Japanese/Chinese regions.

'Vote with your wallet' fags are most likely the ones who actually won the wallet battle aka they are the whales

I agree, a big brother facist government is the only way forward.

Zoom zoom!

Why is commando such a shitter? Legitimately felt like I was dealing more damage with opinion procs off scythes than m1 or m2

Attached: comm.jpg (1920x1080, 283K)

retardo, the market accepted microtransactions, that’s what vote with your wallet means. Just because your wish didn’t became a reality doesn’t mean the system doesn’t work.

Remember online passes for games? People voted with their wallet and that stopped.

no crowd control, slow start

t.
I don’t know why you couldn’t finish your sentence.

voting with your wallet assumes everyone is an informed buyer and that 90% of them arent complete retards who just buy shit while barely knowing anyting about it

There's nothing wrong with microtransactions in online games

What are you saying?

Are you proposing we need “informed ones” to decide for them, mr. Leftie?

20 million is my definition.

just look at the numerous indie crowdfunding debacles in recent years to see what often happens when there isn't a publisher around to keep the devs on track. scam citizen is the textbook example of why publishers are necessary.