Ultrawide gaming. Yay or nay?

Ultrawide gaming. Yay or nay?

Attached: 125545-133996-i_rc.jpg (416x234, 34K)

yay

Attached: wew2.jpg (3440x1440, 409K)

Totally. Too bad they don't give a fuck about ultrawide.

>paying loads of money for a monitor to play shitty console ports on

wow sounds great!

obviously yay. More than that is retarded though, ( surround or super ultrawide) the sides get distorted and it's ugly as fuck.

Only if you've prepared properly beforehand by consuming buckets of onions

I'd be way down if more games supported it properly. Look at , it's great to have that view but not when the UI is misaligned.

>paying loads of money for a TV to play shitty console games on
wow sounds great!

I'm eagier to try but there is no graphic card that can run 144hz in this resolution on max settings.

Attached: tumb3.jpg (1000x593, 82K)

that cant be good for your eyes

Yay
Makes incels easier to spot

Way to miss the point you mouthbreather.

How is it any different from watching a movie?

That's intentional. It's to keep all the UI elements in your vision without needing to turn your head

The times have tried it I liked it but the hit or miss support and cost keep me from totally getting into it.

It's not though, It's the same as 16/9 with 15%more on each side.
You don't want your UI on the sides in ultrawide. It makes you move your head too much.

I see the curved meme is still going on.

You see that mountain? You can climb it.

When will tv manufacturers finally commit to 7:3, or will we be stuck with 16:9 forever? I want ultrawide to be adopted more for watching movies at home than for gaming.

I personally love it.
But be prepared to invest a little time on some games that dont support it.

I cant go back to standard widescreen anymore.

Attached: 20190328120546_1.jpg (2560x1080, 647K)

It makes sense in ultrawide though.

>turn your head
Are you a pidgeon?

I'd go ultrawide but black bars on the sides would trigger my autism in software that doesn't support it like emulators and older games.

I feel like ultrawide monitors aren't so wide your peripheral vision and memory can't take care of it, but I've never used one so I guess I don't know.

>sacrificing framerate for pumping video card performance into useless peripheral display your eye can't focus on without loosing track of the center of the screen
well

>what is 2560x1080

If you're not turning your head with ultrawide, then you're probably too far away from the monitor

Attached: squad.jpg (3440x1440, 714K)

I can see it being amazing for some games but it not being a standard size means its mostly a gimmick like 4k atm

For the games that can natively support it, it looks beautiful.
Games i didnt even think would have supported it did as well, like Doom 3 BFG and Dead Space.
That extra border space gives way to more immersion imo.

Attached: 20190208162744_1.jpg (2560x1080, 676K)

I'm on 1080p 60hz Eizo monitor rn and I'd rather go for the latest shit so I won't need to upgrade for another 10 years.

ultrawide meme is best meme

Attached: kino.jpg (3440x1440, 608K)

4k is well worth it just for the extra screen space for productivity. You aren't losing a whole lot if you have to play games in 2K or even 1080p

Attached: kino2.jpg (3440x1440, 951K)

Attached: 20190205172257_1.jpg (2560x1080, 378K)

What did he mean by this?

Attached: rattay.jpg (3440x1440, 615K)

I want to play squad real bad (im guessing its like old school flashpoint) but VR shooters have ruined tactical shooters on a screen for me.

preferences don't have binary answers.

he didn't, retard.

Not a fan. I have three monitors, but I use them all for separate things. Having ultrawides would just be a distraction.

4k is being used everywhere now.

Just get a big ass 40"+ 4K TV, then you have ultrawide + some extra vertical periphery for LESS MONEY while having MORE PIXELS.
>3440x1440p = 4953600
vs.
>3840x2160p = 8294400
Also you get to enjoy games without ultrawide resolution/fov support. Honestly ultrawide is a meme, but buying a 330$ big ass 4K screen on sale while sitting comfortably at 80cm-100cm distance is peak performance. My 43PUS6262 is almost 1m wide. Compared to a friend's ultrawide that's nearly as wide it's so much better I almost feel guilty when he's at my place, especially since he paid much more than 330$.

One crucial thing: make absolutely fucking sure that the TV you get does not suffer from any noticeable input lag (so

Not a gimmick, trust me. Going from a small 1440p 27"monitor to a 42" 2160p screen is comparable to going from 1280x960 to 1920x1080 back in the day, you will not want to go back. Just don't pay through your teeth for a shitty small 4K "retina" screen, get a nice big comfy TV for less if you can. Just make sure to avoid input lag addled screens.

elements of the ui farther apart

it's a meme just like 144hz

This guy knows. Even some of them TVs are starting to come with VRR, we only need for nvidia to actually support it through hdmi. And then I have a secondary cheap 144hz monitor on an vesa mounted arm for online shooters.

it only seems that way due to marketing
when it comes to games devs can't even tell what specs you need for 4k/60fps because its not really the standard yet

not worth it imo
japs never support it
games are harder to run
i'd never go back tho

Attached: Squadron 42 - Star Citizen Screenshot 2018.11.27 - 16.38.25.45-min.png (2560x1080, 689K)

Harder to run? It's barely an increment over their 16:9 counterparts.

Standards exist for a reason. 16:9 won, get over it.

>Standards exist for a reason
To make manufacturing cheaper for industries and keep prices lower?

Yeah but what's the point in upgrading then
>extra screen space
>x4 the resolution
did you forget that part where everything looks fucking amazing compared to 1080p?

>massive 4k tvs 60hz cheap as fuck
>smaller 4k monitors at 144 cost an arm and a leg

What the fuck? Why not just go with the tv?

>4K 60hz TV vs 4K 144hz monitor
Are you being retarded on purpose?

Rekt'd em