Which platformer to buy on switch?

I'm thinking towards dk country and yoshi the most, but i don't like dk that much, yoshi seems worse than woolly world (especially the music), kirby is also whatever (though i love kirby games), nsmb is cancer but has a lots of content just like kirby.

Attached: games.jpg (2256x911, 558K)

DKC TF is easily the best of the bunch.
NSMBUD gets a bad rep because it belongs in a tired series, but it's a respectable game with a fair amount of content & decent enough level design.
Kirby, you may enjoy more now with all the free DLC: If you can appreciate fan service from Kirby's history, you'll enjoy the game, although the level design is at its dullest in a game series that already wasn't stellar in that point.
Yoshi is meh.

Donkey Kong is the best among those, what do you not like about it? The character himself or did you try the previous games? Tropical Freeze is really well-designed and charming, I'd still give it a shot if I were you.

Yoshi's Crafted World does have mediocre music and shitty optional content, but in some ways the main game is even better than that of Woolly World, or at least on par.

New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe does have a ton of content and while it's rather boring in terms of graphics and music, I recommend it for the strenght of its level design alone unless you've played all the previous games and are sick of it.

Kirby Star Allies has the worst main campaign out of all these games, but the best side content, especially if you're a Kirby fan. Still, ignoring subjective elements like fanbases, I'd recommend the others before it.

If you like Kirby, Star Allies might be a good catch since the free DLC added an actually good end-game (with the best level design and boss battles in the series) after the mediocre and easy campaign that ended just as it started ramping up. Also an extra mode with lots of replayability.

Tropical Freeze is a very well executed Donkey Kong game, but if you don't care about DK I don't think it will move the needle one way or another.

Yoshi is a worse Woolly World. Easy main game and now the 100% stuff is worse.

>what do you not like about it? The character himself or did you try the previous games?
It's hard and kinda clunky. And i think the levels are kinda jungle/forest/cave, but i only played dk country returns and some old snes ones on emulator.

get hollow boi

Attached: 70488047_p5.jpg (980x300, 113K)

DK is the only real game there but a bit hardcore for my tastes

Tropical Freeze is snappier and less clunky than the SNES games. The level themes are generally the ones you're expecting, but there's a lot of variety in them. Without spoiling all of them, there are also beaches, a savannah, a wooden factory, underwater reefs, scandinavian-style villages and more.

DKTF is definitely the top pick there. It has the best of everything in a platformer like level design, movement mechanics, music and looks.
Kirby is more of a combat platformer with the boss rush mode being a big part of the game (which is ignored by many) as it is focused on boss fights. Level design has some interesting aspects sometimes but it is still largely focused on combat.
NSMBU is great with a lot of content if you are not bored of the style.
Havent played Yoshi. Seems it is a good yoshi game which is rare, but I doubt it is aa good as DK.

Donkey Kong is leagues above the others, NSMB is very slow comparatively, Yoshi and Kirby are decent.

DKTF>NSMBD>>Crafted World>Kirby

DKCTF is one of the best 2D platforners of all-time. While there aren't too many levels, they're fairly long and they're all unique and memorable.

NSMBUD is solid and it's arguably the best 2D Mario platformer in terms of its content, although you may be getting tired of the formula by now. If you haven't played a NSMB game then I'd say it's worth picking up, otherwise give it a miss.

Yoshi and Kirby are pretty mediocre. You could skip them unless you're desperate for more platformers after you've played everything else. These two games might be betterfor co-op multiplayer but I've only really tried the singleplayer for these games so I'm not the person to answer that question.

Having a lot of fun with Yoshi. Music isn't a big deal and actually has some good tracks. If you love Kirby get Kirby, if not get DK.

Attached: 1540001404477.gif (540x540, 249K)

Tropical Freeze.

Attached: NintendoSwitchRanked.png (2815x1475, 3.48M)

Dk.

I fucking hate the framerate in kirby for some reason. Yoshi has some blur and low res, but it doesn't bother me as much as high definition game with low framerate. And i'm not even a graphics fag. With yoshi, i only liked first snes one amd woolly world. Others are mediocre

That's what i wonder the most about as well: multiplayer. Dk sounds the best to play with friends and i'm probably getting cuphead as well, cause they love challenge, while i prefer both fair challenge and relaxing game but not to an extent of it being boring. Kirby star allies though seems very boring to play together and Yoshi does as well? They feel more like family games.

DKTF hands down how is this even a decision? Yoshi games are casual tier garbage.

>I don't like DK that much

Doesnt change the fact that it's easily the best game on that kust

This is a very good first post.

Yoshi is engaging enough if you're going for full completion of the levels. However, note that I'm only talking about the initial collectibles (max health, all red coins, all flowers, and all Poochy Pups in the flipside stages), not the unbearable souvenir hunts that unlock afterwards.

I'd put Yoshi above Kirby because it's really nice to look at and getting 100% is really fun to do because it gets a litlle challenging

Yoshi deserves to be two tiers higher IMO. It's not like DKTF, the chill mode is easy enough for my 6yr old, but its still a charming game with plenty of content. I enjoy it more for the neat concept work; every level has different riffs on the craft style, not even counting stuff like the mechayoshi level or rail shooter level.

Damn this is entirely accurate

Get topical freeze

I would get them all desu, but I'm poor.
I love Kirby, Yoshi is a game made by goodfeel which I like a lot. DKC is called one of the best modern platformers and mario would be the first one of the new series that I would play.

>Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Super Mario Bros. U, Hyrule Warriors, Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Pokken Tournament, Bayonetta 2, Mario Kart 8, Fire Emblem Warriors, Code of Princess, Monster Hunter Generations, Street Fighter II and Octopath Traveler* are exclusives.
They're not fucking exclusives.
They're not. Fucking. Exclusives.

Attached: shitlist.jpg (512x334, 50K)

DK. Always go DK.

Get Mario or DK for normal platforming, Mario is easier and DK is harder.
Get Yoshi if you want to collect stuff, music isn't great though so ignore it if that's a dealbreaker.
Kirby is Kirby, main campaign is kinda uninspired this time around but the side content is great and can get very hard as usual, there's also a ton of fanservice for Kirby fans.

Like a handful of people own a Wii U, tops. It's an irrelevant non-console that I'm sure Nintendo wants to erase from history.

You type like a fag, period Paul.

DK is so much better it isn't even fair to compare it to the rest

If they're new to you?
DK is a great game
Yoshi is surprisingly solid and fun to 100%
Kirby is fun but so so easy.
Mario is so vanilla it hurts but it's not a bad game at all,kinda fun even.

Hell, I'd toss The World Ends with You and maybe even the Let's Go Pokémon games as well (since that one is just a Yellow remake in Go's engine).
That list has terrible reaching. We disown, try again.

Attached: mairo.png (483x346, 364K)

DKCTF is fucking amazing, get it if you didn't have it on WiiU
Yoshi is cute but too childish and easy
Kirby is kinda eh but it has improved a lot over time thanks to constant additions and updates
NSMBU+NSLU is actually pretty good, really nothing wrong with it, you get tons of content in one pack here

And make sure you buy Mario Maker 2 in June or whenever it's out. It's going to be the GOAT, trust me.

Attached: smm2.jpg (395x640, 78K)

>(since that one is just a Yellow remake in Go's engine).
It's a massively different game in the way it's made, it's a proper exclusive.

Only thing Kirb has going for is the sheer amount of content, callbacks and lore. Otherwise the level desifn ain't that great

Tropical Freeze us fun but not exactly made with multiplayer ik mind so it can get a little rough sometimes

Mario U is easily the best of the new marios, but if you have already played the one on the wii many times you might wanna skip it for now

No idea sbout yosho

Jesus fuck 3 outta 4 is a horrible choice. Dong is the only good one and maybe kirby if you are a die hard fan. The rest are just straight up rehashed shit.

>Hyrule Warriors, Pokken Tournament, Fire Emblem Warriors, Code of Princess, Monster Hunter Generations, Street Fighter II, Octopath Traveler, and The World Ends With You were all Wii U exclusives

Attached: iamofsave.jpg (1280x720, 133K)

Donkey Kong is the best one.

This is also an option.

Curious as to what makes Let’s Go Eevee a tier better than Pikachu, are they that different?

>Fitness Boxing
Can't believe I paid sixty burger coins to see a toned cheerleader's titties jiggle. Worth it.

really depends. kirby and yoshi are both very easy but also stress-less. i find the handycraft look in the new yoshi very endearing. A trailer can easily tell you if you want it.

Trop freeze is a lot harder but also feels more reawarding because of that. its no shit-talking when people call it the best of the bunch. IF you can deal with the difficulty.

SMBU was quiet a bore to me. no interesting visuals whatsoever. Pretty standard fare.

>start playing the dkc series with tropical freeze, enjoy it greatly
>look up reviews online because I'm interested in what other people think about the game
>they all say that it's way harder than the snes games
>finally get around to emulating them
>playing DKC2
>Can barely get through it, even while using Dixie's floating
I don't understand where the idea comes from that DKCTF is the hardest in the series

Attached: aesthetic.gif (500x436, 153K)

DK is tight as hell. Easily one of the best platformers of all time. Everything else is meh...

I’m a huge kirb fan but I thought star allies was boring

Kirby Star Allies and Yoshi's Crafted World are proper exclusives, but the former is easily the weakest Kirby platformer in Kumazaki's tenure, with Dream Friends nostalgia being the only thing that kept it alive, and the latter is outclassed in every way by Yoshi's Woolly World and wouldn't even live up to the Yoshi's Island sequels.

Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze and New Super Mario Bros. U are ports. Memes aside, the latter is honestly a lesser experience than the Wii U's New Super Luigi U bundle (can't have both Yellow and Blue Toad to balance out the players) and is entirely skippable. Tropical Freeze is a fairly direct port, much closer than the 3DS version of the previous game, but it's also probably objectively the best game of the lot.

>and wouldn't even live up to the Yoshi's Island sequels.
Bullshit, DS is mediocre and New Island is ass. Crafted World is a good game.

None of them are good games, but DKCTF and Yoshi are easily the worst of the lot. Unfortunately there aren't any good 2D platformers exclusive to the Switch or that are best played on the Switch.

>FOUR Wii U games in a row
shitch is pathetic

Attached: 1554823651418.jpg (830x508, 302K)

Crafted World and NSMBU are AWFUL games. I've played them.

Tropical Freeze never grabbed me but it's 100x the game the others are.

Lame bait

Be thankful I bothered to keep the games that aren't actually exclusives.

Attached: switch.jpg (2815x1739, 2.53M)

>clunky
It's the smoothest playing of those 4.

fpbp

dk>yoshi>kirby>=mario
dktf is really great

Attached: 1551984093136.png (627x686, 445K)

Why the fuck are you faggots complaining about Yoshi's soundtrack? It's so darn comfy it makes me wanna stay under my blanket playing Yoshi forever.

Attached: complain games never played peach mario.png (1700x1016, 378K)

DKC2 is "harder" mostly because you can only take 2 hits rather than up to 4, and the fact that it's limited to 4:3 so you have less time to react to obstacles. The limited lives and getting booted back to the map screen upon failing instead of getting put right back at a checkpoint likely also add to the illusion of it being more punishing. Most of the levels themselves aren't actually as intricate or demanding as Tropical Freeze, but that game is far more lenient thanks to the more zoomed out view and other modern conveniences.

DK doesn't really feel that good to play. nsmb is kind of soulless but feels the best.

I disagree with your point about TF. I had previously only played DKCR years ago and thought it was like a 7/10. Played TF this year and it's become my favorite platformer of all time.

They both play pretty much the same though, TF just happens to have more varied levels and a much better soundtrack. Maybe you ought to revisit Returns if you ended up liking TF that much.

Yoshi isn't rehahed it's just boring

Kirby didn't even have a traditional platformer on there, did it?

yeah probably. I think getting rid of the roll to shake helped too.

You don't have to deal with that nonsense if you emulate it

Having played through every one of these games, DKTF is significantly better than the rest.