Anno thread

Anno thread
so is it worth day one full price?
who already pre-ordered it here?

Attached: 1555112543885.jpg (632x356, 119K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/DkkRJeOT2y4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>so is it worth day one full price?
Depends on your income, but since i'm not poor it's a no brainer.
>who already pre-ordered it here?
pre ordered and preloaded, 11 hours before i can play.

Uh, apparently I can play it in 1 hour, since I'm in Japan?

Attached: servlet.png (1920x1080, 1.74M)

do i buy this on Epic, stream or Uplay?

Uplay, you need it anyway on all stores

pre-ordered CODEX edition

i preloaded back in September

Nobody gives a shit if you pirate, you're not cool, you're not part of a sekrit club, you just come as a poor thirld worlder.

Attached: 949834[1].jpg (1930x1083, 1.07M)

Never played an Anno game before, redpill me on it

I'm buying it on steam as soon as a refund clears and I get my wallet funds.

Should have just put it back on my card but I thought this would be faster.

pre fucking ordered nigga

Attached: 1549409359141.png (512x512, 118K)

I hope you realize it's going to be gone on Steam very soon

Probably not. Wait for few months and get it for pennies like every other game.

Yep, though you're probably already playing. VPN works for people outside of AS/AU.

Attached: Anno 18002019-4-15-5-21-35.jpg (2560x1080, 444K)

GERT LUSH

some germans already playing

I know, but how soon?

sweet, can't wait for my preload to finish so I can VPN this bitch

I'd guess as soon as it releases, which will likely be either 15 or 27ish hours, depending on whether it's a midnight release on Steam or not.

Is there going to be a physical release?
Or at least one on GOG?

It's 2019 user, there are going to be less ways to buy the game once it releases

you serious mate?

85% comfy
15% autism

Would you miss out on a lot of stuff if you pirate it like 2070?

>game about work and building shit
>its made by Germans

Is this racism?

> GOG
You mean actual gog or torrent trackers.

Not much, probably some community features like votes, etc... but nothing gamebreaking

is this on --PS4?

Won't know for sure until it releases, but my guess is you'll miss out on...

>Multiplayer
>Policy Voting and their buffs
>Leader Elections and their buffs
>Special Quests and their rewards
>Events and their rewards
>All of the progress based unlocks, items, cosmetics, rewards, achievements etc

Absolutely, but I think Anno 1404 + IAAM mod will still be my go to, but 1800 is really, REALLY good. 1404 modded just scratches my autism itch a little better.
Pioneer Edition like a week ago.

Just buy it user, don't you want to support the trannydevs at ubisoft?

3~ hours.

I really don't get what you're implying here.

arbeit macht frei

work will set you free

Sure it does.
That ain't racism though.

vergast alle juden

Check your privileges cislord.

when does the crack come?

Attached: 9823489234.jpg (362x346, 38K)

Fuck off you jew mutt.
Your ameritard pseudo-identity politics have no effect on me.

German games magazine gives it a 89/100.

Presentation
>love of detail
>lot of animated production
>huge living world
>a good change between old and new world
>atmospheric soundtrack

Gamedesign
>exciting new gamedesgins such as workforce
>a lot of player freedom

>wars a only material battles

Balance
>no more debt spiral
>its challenging even for veterans
>you can configure literally everything

>tutorial is bad
>diplomacy is costly and not always real smart

Story/Atmosphere
>good AI
>Anno feeling
>every endless game tells its own story

>campaign is weak

Size
>high replability
>good endgame
>a lot of stuff to discover

i heard they announced a piratebay release

omg

what happend to my Yea Forums ;_;

Attached: 1406839750294.png (258x276, 89K)

crack out yet? I'm getting burned out on Tropico.

seething buyfag

>campaign is weak
Shit, i know i'm not the majority but i enjoy the campaign a lot in those games.

When does your suicide come? Fucking cunt

>have to replay the gay intro

Just go straight to the sandbox like a normal person

Don't worry, that's just a vocal minority. Empty cans rattle the most.

Will it make my toaster explode?

the campaign is only a glorified tutorial like it is in every anno

I NEED TO PROTECT HANNAH

i think anyone sticking it to those goon fucks at the yogscast is cool in my book so pirate away!

Yeah but i want to fuck my sister

Well, it's not that weird. 1404, 1701, 1503 and 2070 are available in GOG

fuck off paypig

Attached: 398459834958.png (540x302, 171K)

>2070 are available in GOG
yeah nah you're a cunt.

basiert

I don't care if you pirate, weaboo trash

IT WON'T BE LONG UNTIL THIS EDIFICE IS FINALLY COMPLETED

Attached: 1555146765831-1.png (165x145, 46K)

What could the addon be about?

China? South America? Civil War?

you will get your chance user, you will get your chance

Greenmangaming has it on sale for about 50€ for like a few more hours, if youre set on buying

Then why did you even bother replying to him in the first place?
OCD?

Oh, fug, my mistake. I thought they had it there

>tfw playin and havin fun

2070 is not available at GOG, and the only reason the older games are (1404 is a decade old now btw) is because they are pre-Uplay.

You will never see 2070, 2205 or 1800 on GoG, there's too much Uplay/Server back end.

Because of the anime reaction image

He cared about not wanting the weeb pirate to think he cared.

I found out that accepting a quest in the wrong world would cause it to glitch out. I had to find animals on someone's main island and I accepted it while in the new world. Did anyone else encounter this?

Well you just made me realize that I have a quest to connect a small warehouse to my trading post, which I did a long time ago.. I think it's bugged. Fuuuu

anyone know when its officially available? Theres nothing on their website or twitter

>2070 STILL has that garbage DRM

I had it issue a quest whilst I was in the old world, but the quest was in the new world, and I didn't have any ships there etc which made it nearly fucking impossible to sail a ship there, complete it, and get back.

Got a similar problem I think.

Some worker offered me an item but I can't collect it, it's nowhere to be found

12am EST

The DRM is the least of it's issues, one day the servers are going to go down and we'll lose access to tons of shit.

To their credit though the servers have now been up for 7/8 years.

Depends on the person. If you enjoy this type of game, then yes. It's probably the best in years
I did, since I own all the Annos. Played the playtest a few months back and realised it's the best Anno I've played so far, so I'm not too worried that my money will go down the drain. I usually don't pre-order, but they gave some 1602 in-game statue that tickles my nostalgia just right, so I caved.

look at pic

Really? Fuck I didn't pre-load it yet. Going to suck when I get home, need to wait for the download to finish.

It's for ecelebs, commoners have to wait a bit more.

Pre ordering is stupid.

Anyone got any clue about how to fix broken quests?

Just use a VPN connected to Japan if you brought direct from Uplay

They also pulled some shit with 2070 where you only got 3 installs. I was fucking furious and demanded a refund (which I actually got). Got it later for 5 yurodollars off some keysite, and apparently they now removed the install limit. I'm so fucking sad Anno is being held hostage by Ubisoft, but I just gotta deal with it. I love Anno, but I hate Ubi.

>tfw not a commoner

I did get it on Uplay. I also did the Japan VPN thing with Sekiro, worked fine. Glitched a bit when friends wanted to watch my broadcast and stuff, but it worked in the end.
When will they stop doing these retarded timed releases? If people can just use VPNs to circumvent the entire thing, why not just release it everywhere at the same time? I never understood that anyway.

Oh shit, any free vpn advice?

thanks friend

tunnelbear

I always used one for Dragon's Dogma Online. I think it's called VPNgate. Has a bunch of Japanese servers on there. The speed is shit (it's a free VPN), but you only activate it to verify your location, not to actually download/play.

Yeah Anno 1404 and even Settlers 7 waaaaaaay back when had the shitty 3 limit installs to, didn't take much to trigger it either, all you had to do was reformat, change some hardware etc and voila, one activation gone. You could *in theory* get activations back, but it was a nightmare.

But yeah, I hate Ubi, but I love Anno and good games will always outlive shitty DRM practices.

>campaign is weak

even back on old school city building campaigns were always the weak part of the game.
just maps with simple objectives like build a temple, have a city with 10.00 population etc.
no problem here.

yeah i mean the story is bad but it's hardly the point, just gives you loose shit to do

>But yeah, I hate Ubi, but I love Anno and good games will always outlive shitty DRM practices.
I'm glad Ubi stepped their nefarious shit down a bit. I mean, you still gotta install Uplay, but at least you get indefinite installs now. I've owned every Anno on release and love most of them to death (the future ones weren't really for me though). So I just gotta swallow my pride when it comes to Ubi. at least it's not EGS exclusive. They said it would be, but they just meant it won't be on Steam, only on Uplay and EGS. Gave me a small heart attack when I heard that

Did the German review happen to mention how much if any of the persistent profile aspects it has?

In 1404/2070 you could earn/unlock a lot of shit by reaching various milestones, unlocks etc, combined with the regular online events, voting, bonus missions etc it was pretty great.

Also does 1800 have scenarios, or is it just Campaign + Continuous Play?

PS4 is when bros?

Whats the city building game with 85% on autism?

>PS4
Probably never ever user, Anno pushes literally every aspect of PC hardware to the limits, CPU, GPU, RAM etc, it's just not something you're likely to ever find on a console.

I believe Tropico 5/6 are on PS4 though if you want a city builder.

hopefully never

Dorf Fort, Factorio, Sim City 4 with mods.

shit. kinda regretted that I bought bb machine

ok so i used a VPN to play
i played the campaign and as soon as i get a ticket for old world the game crash, never happened in open beta. fml

but only sim city is city building game unless if you count the bots/inserters as your citizens in factorio
or maybe the

Campaign/Endless + Multiplayer. You can play everything completly offline (except for multi).

The milestones are in and are expended with expiditions.

Didn't talk about the persistent effects.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-04-15 Anno 1800 im Test - Das Aufbauspiel-Eldorado - GameStar.png (955x541, 775K)

Even a half a decade old half way decent PC will play Anno 1404 and Anno 2070 awesomely if you can manage that, and I can assure you even with Anno 1800 just releasing they're both still absolute god tier games.

SINAI IN THE HIGHEST! A SPRING HAS SUDDENLY SPROUTED FROM THE GROTTO!

Attached: Benedicta_01.gif (265x140, 25K)

Sweet, thanks user.

that would make me worried, in recent memory I havent seen pc game that actually does that without being terribly optimized
or it being unity which somehow caps out on my gpu without doing anything

damn that looks comfy as fuck

>that would make me worried
Really, why?
Name another game that is simulating up to 40+ cities with 8 AI, intricately detailed economies spread across two maps running simultaneously with Anno's level of visuals.

That shit doesn't come free user. How many cities do you see games like Tropico simulating at any one time?

Attached: Anno 1800 Closed Beta2019-2-4-21-0-11.jpg (1920x1080, 663K)

youtu.be/DkkRJeOT2y4
>32:50

Attached: serena_s_tears_of_joy_by_willdynamo55-dafg7sh.png (702x720, 614K)

>German game
>Eastasia gets to play first

Attached: 1425842679161.jpg (400x350, 28K)

>still haven't got my cd key

Attached: 1529144680817.jpg (1024x576, 55K)

>tfw some tracks made me remember the loading screens of Medal of Honor: Pacific Assault

Attached: das it mane.png (408x498, 485K)

grid

>Anno
>Grid
No shit?

its ok, Im not really fan of string instruments they still give me ptsd to arcanum ost that was nothing but goddamn strings

>Not liking the Arcanum OST
Are you gay?

Does this game have co-op for its campaigns? I'd love to play it with a friend.

unrelated but yes

Not at launch, but they're adding it since so many people requested it during the betas.

Now I really have to play it

Attached: 1539813743317.jpg (563x353, 47K)

what kind of multiplayer/global features does this have?

depends on who you are and what your relationship with Anno is. Deluxe edition was worth it for me.

12 hours to go, baby.

Attached: Capture.jpg (604x668, 100K)

>unrelated
lol

Do people really pay ubisoft just to have multiply layers of DRM shoved down their anus?

kek

Don't you mean gay ben?

Of course. I don't even play the game. I just put the DRM on my computer and watch as it does absolutely nothing. Just knowing that it's there gets me off.

>Do people in the current year really play games on PC that require a launcher and contain DRM.
Yes user, they do.

That's too bad, I guess I'll wait for that feature to be added before getting it. Do they have any ETA?

You can use Uplay directly for a single DRM instance

They just said post launch, so nfi.

Okay, anons, I picked up Anno 2205 and I'm having fun, honestly. My cities look like shit as I ain't that good at planning, so it's a mess, but they work. I like the futuristic setting, so how good is Anno 2070? I know it's an older game, but is it shit or not compared to 2205? 2205 was my first Anno game.

Does anyone else think that these online platforms are much more preferable drm if compared to the way securom/starforce worked in around 2005

You stupid fuck. You have not yet played an Anno game.

>pre-order
Unironically end yourself.

We already know it's good from playing the beta, user

Attached: 1531489894045.jpg (769x789, 100K)

It's preferable to even consoles which are nothing but software DRM stacked on hardware DRM. PC DRM is such a non issue to everything else, by comparison.

In this case, if you wanted it on Steam, you HAVE to preorder it as it's no longer for sale there after launch.

Anno 2070 is a million times better then 2205. 2205 is the worst Anno game hands down.

Well, shit. Guess I'll try out 2070 then. Thanks user

2205 is considered the worst one by far

Play 1404 instead, although 2070 is pretty much just reskin of it so just pick whatever style you prefer.

2070 is way more than a re-skin of 1404, both are fucking great though.

based

Fuck it, anons. Guess I'll get em both. Already ordered 1800 since I had fun with 2205 so, I'm optimistic.

I am poor as always, thanks to my *wonderful* country I'm living in, so I will buy it after some time. Pirated version will be fine for a while.

I made a really shitty thing.
>Isambard's Kingdom: Build wood, stone, and railway bridges.
>Chartered Company: Reach Investors using only charter routes.
>For Company: Finish the campaign on normal difficulty.
>Queen: Finish the campaign on expert difficulty.
>and Empire: Finish the game on expert difficulty.
>Fake News: Swap all the articles in a newspaper and then publish it.
>Back in Business: Fulfill Sir Archibald Blake's bulk order.
>Isabel Found: Discover the New World in the campaign.
>Discreet: Deliver the letter to Eli Bleakworth unopened.
>Great Exhibitionist: Organize an exhibition.

Attached: Anno 18002019-4-15-8-57-10.jpg (959x981, 236K)

I want a cute brown girl

>Getting Anno 1404, 2070 and 1800 at the same time.
You might want to clear your schedule for the next decade, maybe more considering i'm still playing 1404/2070 a decade later and don't plan on stopping any time soon.

Does the Steam version not require Uplay?

>He got stuck in the New World
LMFAO

They all require Uplay.

East Europe, read a bit how backwards most of the countries are, thanks to stupid Communism before 90s.

thanks user

I'm interested, but at the same time I'm not sure I'll enjoy it after playing more freeform buildin games where creativity really shines.

Is this, in your opinions, worth it for single player? Is there enough content to justify that?
Is it goal-oriented beyond "make money buy thing to make more money"?

I don't see any real benefit to having it on Steam then, why not buy a Uplay key for less money? If you need Steam features like IHS, or want to play it with a Steam controller or something you can always add the .exe and it should work.

There is no benefit to having it on Steam, and as you said, just adding the game as a non-steam game to your library acts exactly the same as it just launches it through Uplay anyway.

But faggots gonna faggot and insist having not one, but two layers of launcher shoved firmly up their ass is preferable.

Guess what's better than having one launcher? Having no launcher.

Attached: 1267387871263.jpg (169x211, 12K)

How come Korean streamers already are playing it?

Guess what's better than having no multiplayer, no character progression, no unlocks, no senate votes, no leader votes, no weekly events, no global events, no bonus missions, no additional content and not supporting a god tier developer?

Having one launcher.

Because Korea, like Japan and Australia are in the future.

i played the demo via uplay and bought it via steam
my net is super shit so do i have to redownload through steam again?

sure do dumb dumb

You were always going to have to re-download it, the beta and the final game aren't the same build.

Imagine buxing a game that is singleplayer. I pirated sekiro and this too not going to spend if i dont have to.

Anno is multiplayer dumbass.

>multiplayer
lol
As for the rest, it's either goes under multiplayer category or will be pirated anyway.
>and not supporting a god tier developer
Not supporting ubisoft.
AND having no launcher.

It really sucks that it costs $80 Leafbucks.

>not supporting a god tier developer
Aren't we talking about Ubisoft here? The memory of having my friends convince me to buy For Honor on launch still stings. They're in the same category as EA and Activision as far as I'm concerned.

When is this launching in EU?

>t.btfo thirdworld poorfag.

No, we're talking about Blue Byte.
How the fuck do people still not understand the difference between a Publisher and a Developer?

Not that lad but Ubisoft is a publisher, not the developer.
The developer are good boys.
Playing devils advocate though, sins of the father etc.

What multiplayer? From what i know its just some fucking stats.

you might save a few bucks here for 3 more hours

Imagine paying for a singlepayer game oh nono i will get this one for free lads and ennoy as much as anyone else without spending a single USD.

I didn't really pay that much attention to this game. Seeing Ubisoft's logo on a game is enough to drive me away, generally. What's Blue Byte's relation to Ubisoft? Does Ubisoft own them like EA owns Dice, or are they an independent company and Ubisoft is simply just publishing?

>What multiplayer?
You know, mutliplayer as in PLAYING WITH OTHER PEOPLE.
How fucking dense are you, jesus christ.

Seething.

What do you even do in it? Is it like tropico? Because thrn its trash.

Any kind of developer/publisher relationships are consist of publishers paying developer salary and all expenses and grabbing all the profit of a finished product.

Keep crying you third world shitter, and let us know when you figure out what "multiplayer" is LMFAO

alright, guess i wont play today
at least its ready after im done waging

Except multiplayer is fucking bad in this game

This literally facebook tier multi

Can I get creative in this, or is just like Factorio tier autism?
I like seeing numbers go up but thats never the reason I would play a city building game.

Nigger 5 minutes ago you didn't even know the game HAD multiplayer and now you're an authority on the subject?
Ahahahahahah
You are a special kind of fucking retarded mate, fuck off or be ignored, your choice.

I'm aware, but I'm also aware of what happened to many developers who were outright bought by publishers (see: EA's history), lost all their independence, turned to shit and got killed off entirely.

Can you get character unlocks playing endless mode or is that a campgain thing?

It's literally factorio but with roads instead of conveyors.

It's both, character unlocks and progression are a global thing right throughout the game, some will be tied to the campaign, some will be things you unlock just by playing any mode, some will be mp, some will be tied to online events etc

>he still builds with grids
hahaha babbies first city builder

her voice makes me want to kill myself

is this similar to games like emperor?

I never said It has no multi, I said its trash tier, learn to interpret you fucking subhuman

Yes.

Just got my key from CDkeys for 47€. Fuck paying 60€ for PC games.

Price must have gone up, it was 40 yesterday on CDKeys.

You could've gotten it for 20€ with a russian vpn - multilanguage version, too.

Attached: fQN723h.gif (322x178, 2.56M)

>tfw cheapest is $67 canadian from gmg

Attached: 1552936638036.jpg (1200x1196, 117K)

>buying stolen keys
>stealing keys

should I wait for the crack or just pirate 1404.
I played the beta and enjoyed it to an extent, and want to play an anno game.

Link?

>>stealing keys
>buying straight from Ubisoft
The fuck are you talking about you mongoloid?
No link, vpn and you buy straight from uplay.

>Pirating Anno
You should get a fucking job.

Why buy something when you can also get it for free?

Is this one actually good? I enjoyed 2070, but the last one was hot garbage.

How about he doesn't you paypig

It's basically 1404 with more stuff and a different setting. No land combat though, but 1404's land combat isn't something I'm going to miss.

>Why buy food when I can steal it for free
>Surely farmers and everyone else in the food industry will continue working for free just to support my thieving ass
Literally nigger logic, and if people hadn't been buying Anno games for the last 20 years, Anno 1800 wouldn't exist.

If I could copy food with a replicator, you're goddamn right I would. Farmer would still have his original so he doesn't lose anything. :^)

>food analogy

>being this butthurt because you're either too scared or inept to properly pirate games

Attached: 1416855200262.jpg (206x244, 14K)

i don't see the point of this debate, buy it if you want or pirate it, who cares? pirates are not hurt by buyfags and vice versa

Imagine being such a fucking retard that you think games magically appear out of the ether and don't require resources to create.

Thieve all you want nigger, but at the end of the day you're still a thieving nigger.

>being this poor

I love you my friend but you're not gonna convince anyone to pay for something they can get for free with basically 0 inconvenience or risk of punishment.

Yeah and YOU will keep on paying for my games, while I get them for free! Hahahah, go ahead and buy some more games, bitch! Mmmm all those delicious games that I didn't have to pay a single cent for!

I wasn't trying to convince anyone of anything, merely laughing at them trying to rationalize it as anything other than stealing.
Whites have always had to support niggers, why would this be any different?

Cry more

I've nothing to cry about, i'll be enjoying the game and all it's features, you won't.

I start to struggle a lot when times to settle different island for ressources comes. I never seem to have enough beer for example, even if I have one peasant island only dedicated to make hop and sending it away to my main island.

Attached: 2f7.jpg (601x508, 31K)

Are you A) Not making enough beer, or B) Not able to ship it to your primary island fast enough?

I feel like the solution to either is pretty obvious.

Something something developer blah blah store-front yada yada consumer etc.