Will the Nintendo Switch Mini be the next DS?

Attached: mini.jpg (810x446, 92K)

>no gimmicks
i doubt it, it'll need a gimmick like detachable controllers or some fucking busted VR mode

I don't see dual screens, OP.

No but it will still do really well as long as they make the pricepoint low

>the new switch ds

Yes

Nope, but Switch Pro will be next Xbone X

no screen plate means no good portability

Gameboy?

No
The next DS will be my peenus weenus
Bring back public sage, hiro

No, the next Game Boy Micro.

How can we wreck Nintendo supremacy on a handheld market?

Attached: 1q2.jpg (523x328, 23K)

So it should be called the micro?

Hi guys I haven't played Nintendo since the gamecube which of these would you recommend

Wii U
2DS
3DS
Switch

PC Emulators

>cost less
>plays the same games
>no joycons
Yes, anyone that tells you no is an idiot who doesn't understand sells, I was waiting for the true 3DS successor and the regular Switch isn't it. Glad I waited.

It's impossible, both Sega and Sony tried and were driven out.

Nah I'm hung, but I can see why you'd make that mistake, since anything looks tiny next to your mom

2DS or 3DS either or, from there wait for the Switch Mini, Nintendo hasn't made a good home console in years.

Can't wait to play uh...

It will probably be much worse quality with cheaper components all around though.

*sales

Just wait for the new Metroid.

Not him but I'm waiting on the Fusion sequel most likely releasing some time next year.

I forgot about the new Pokemon. This alone should sell 10 million minis on release.

Attached: pokemon sword and shield.jpg (1280x720, 319K)

This, next Mario Kart and 2D Zelda will too.

Nintendo will continue to dominate the handheld space.

no

full price games

As always and as they should.

They really need to improve the battery life though.

>no removable joycons

So they are throwing the whole hybrid thing they've been marketing for it for years? The whole appeal of the system was that you could remove the joycons and dock it and have a semi functional controller.

This shit though, this is retarded. I hope it fails.

terrible stick drift without beeing able to switch joycons after 1 months and having to buy a new switch mini everytime the sticks fail? No thanks. i am not a retard on trannieera.

i assume you can still dock it, just that you will have to own an extra controller

I don't think it will have joycons you can't remove from it. Mario Party is only play able with the joycons, it just makes no sense.
I hope they don't make a new ds. I want every franchise on the switch so it becomes the ultimate nintendo system.

So lets assume it costs $100 less
You buy a pro controller, thats $50 so you save $50 all in all for a gimped Nintendo Switch? Wowza, really loving that deal!!!!!

Attached: d90.png (644x800, 15K)

Agreed

Alright I'm going to say it since nobody else has the balls anymore to go against Nintendo anymore

*Inhales*

The switch is a neat concept.

The detachable joycons are a fucking piece of shit gimmick that should've not been implimented in the first place. Fuck the joycons. I don't give a fuck if you like them they're little twig controllers that are trying to replicate the shit waggle gimmick the Wii had. Instead of just adding a normal controller included with the dock and kept the joycons ATTACHED they had to charge fucking $80 for a pair of little colored dildos that ended up causing more problems than they were worth. (Hackable, left joycons issues, no fucking dpad, waggle shit, low battery.)

FUCK the joycons.

Attached: 1521235268643.jpg (1179x475, 114K)

The joycons are iconic to the system. Without it its a glorified gaming tablet.

user what are you smoking the battery life on the joycons is pretty good

Attached: 1555317330521.gif (286x210, 2.17M)

But 100$ cheaper tho

No. NDS was right before the smartphone craze. Now every kid is running around with an iPhone. Why should they also buy a Switch? There's a reason why Nintendo chose to merge markets. They're no longer alone in the handheld space. They're in fact the underdogs of that market.

With that said, it's about fucking time Switch got a revision with a real d-pad and OLED.

It's gonna be embarassing when Yea Forums start having a meltdown against nintendo at the end of the year because none of those items will be released, just because you can never put your source in front of their shit.

>real d-pad and OLED.
I mean, assuming they don't fuck that up, right?

I don't give a SHIT about your little iconic colored fairy wands. I want them OUT.

Attached: IMG_20190415_042500151_HDR.jpg (4032x3024, 2.43M)

There will be 50 types of screen protector
available the day it released.

Dunno why you hate them so much I've never had any problems with them.

You got the nice dark red ones. The best colour available. Why are you complaining?

I call them soýcons

>4/5/9
huh

No. The DS was a different phenomenon and smartphones weren't a thing yet. Not to mention the library for the DS was immense, almost to PS2 levels. Fuckton of good games, fuckton of shovelware. The switch has a much smaller library.

That said, given the 3DS is dead and buried and some people want a more appropriately sized current handheld (and I'm sure some parents still want cheaper handhelds for their kids as well instead of handing them a phone with easily accessible youtube videos about drinking piss) this isn't a bad idea.

I think Nintendo should go back in the next gen to the home console and handheld market, but the next big console should not overdo it on fucking gimmicks. Plain console, moderately modern controls (so you know, still put gyro on a controller and do the shit that sony would, usually, but with some measure of build quality, ergonomics and battery life instead), actually powerful and no bullshit with third party devs.

Like I know everyone's all "that'll make it just another console with no exclusives worth buying over the rest" but frankly the alternative seems to be only first party stuff + shovelware + maybe an "enhanced but slower" version of a really popular game that can run on toasters anyways, that's just shite.

if they release a switch model that doesn't have the retarded joy cons and instead has a real d-pad just like the 3DS then I will buy one.

I think the future of Nintendo is hybrid. If they make a real console, they'll just get curbstomped by Sony and MS again. Nintendo lost that war. Wii was a temporary fluke that couldn't reverse trends in the long run.

Was the psp actually more powerful than 3DS?

I was playing Burnout Legends on psp yesterday and I can't believe how great it looks. How they managed it. The only thing on 3DS that looks as good is Revelations.

we've moved past this as a species and only dumbasses uses the modern gameboy "smartphones" instead of the superior "smart flip phones"

you use both, but no way to close and it's literally not useable

No, but it has a higher-res screen so it looks nicer anyway.

It had a higher resolution screen. Nintendo was so cheap that their 2012 handheld was outdone by Sony in 2004.

Attached: 1391247441758.jpg (1550x1824, 746K)

>no gimmicks
? He said the next DS

I call the the joykinos

Do not ignore the fact that it had two screens and the top one had to render everything twice in 3D mode.

3ds can play ds games so get that

3D was the dumbest thing Nintendo ever did. A fucking gimmick that crippled an entire system that nobody even used. Imagine instead of that, they focused on performance and resolution.

Post pics for proof. Faggot.

But that's their own fucking fault really. They decided to put everything on a technology that then they would remove from half the games/the 2DS anyways.

If Nintendo put the money and time they put on gimmicky shit no one needs into an actual console Sony and MS would shit themselves. But nah. Here's some 3D that you can't look at for more than half an hour.

>tfw Nintendo will never develop another meat and potatoes GBA-style handheld with no gimmicks and only focused on getting as much performance out of it as possible

>autistic screeching
>getting the year wrong

lol

Whats with your retarded looking thumb?

Attached: 52123777_1939807182795525_3619455320721457152_o.png~2.jpg (756x655, 51K)

Not that user but I'd suck your cock.

Why the fuck would nintendo shoot themselves in the foot by completely ruining the concept of the Switch

I don't understand why people think a mini with integrated joycons will be a thing. It erases the main selling point and central gimmick of the console and makes some games impossible to play. I'm more inclined to believe in a Switch Pro.

The company making the handheld would actually have to make their own games to fill it with and not just rely on third parties

t. incel

Attached: 78789.jpg (300x400, 21K)

>hung

Nah, I'd say 6.5" at best.

Get a switch, you can emulate the 2DS/3DS easily enough, most important WiiU games got a Switch port and the rest can be emulated reasonably well these days anyway

You don't understand how they did 3d. This is clear. Also you don't understand how insanely low resolution the 3ds was even if you account for "three screens" like you imagine it is..

There is a second rendered image underneath the first one that's inactive in 2D mode and goes further inside the screen as you raise the 3D slider up, bumping the resolution to 800x240.

And I'm not making excuses for the low resolution, I'm just saying it was a conscious decision on Nintendo's part, which the 3D likely influenced. Look at how they bumped the resolution to 720p now that 3D is out of the picture.

Get a 3DS and put homebrew on it
If you're only looking to play newer titles then just get a good computer and emulate them all

I love the idea of joycons but they need to make more ergonomic models.
They have this controller format that's meant to be versatile but for some reason they still haven't made a new model? What the fuck
just make it the same thing but with a shell that has grips on it so you can hold it more comfortably, guaranteed people will buy it because handheld and wand controller setups are comfy as shit and sometimes necessary

Japan sells dockless Switches so clearly Nintendo doesn't care about "muh console philosophy"

A PSP couldn't even dream of running a game like REvelations.
Screen resolution doesn't equal to hardware performance

It will be the new PS Vita with all the weeb games and VNs

I guess I'll have to eventually buy one.

I like the idea of the switch and think it could be the future of the consoles. I'd like it if the dock would also boost the performance of the portable part.

Shouldn't it be the opposite, trying to beat Nintendo on first party games seems like a bad idea.

name 5 good original games for the switch.

No. Will it boost Switch sales? Yes, but it's not pulling DS numbers. Most of the people who want one have one. The others are a minority of poor people and people who can't justify the price

>dock would also boost the performance

This was a baseless, stupid rumor that can't really be done.

Golf Story

Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Octopath Traveler

Splatoon 2

Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle\

Super Mario Odyssey

you got 3 good games in that list I will give you that
switch isn't comparable to the ds because of the stark library difference.

>people still expecting a Switch revision
It's been 2 years, give it up

Attached: e7a.jpg (680x335, 43K)

Odyssey, Splatoon 2 octo expansion and Octopath traveler?

Yeah it can.

do you guys actually think mario odyssey is good
lmao

so the third one is Xenoblade or Golf story then?

3DS XL came out one year after launch.

Rabbids is a good game.
Golf story is nice and wholesome.
The third one is players choice but anybody picking odyssey is a fucking moron.

That doesn't help you

>Rabbids is a good game.
a man of such shit taste should not have this much freedom to talk about quality games

Attached: 1470929360984.gif (330x166, 2.11M)

babby detected
imagine thinking odyssey is anything but the worst mario game ever produced

Attached: backwardds.gif (80x70, 20K)

As we talk about the joycons, does anybody know where to buy cheap ones? Or maybe some "alternative" ones.
We want to play smash with some friends but nobody is willing to spend $70 a piece.

Attached: 1446027458182.png (469x447, 3K)

I fucking love contrarianism for the sake of it!

you know it bb

Attached: contrarians0.jpg (3737x2208, 2.03M)

If all you want them for is Smash, they sell cheap-ass GameCube style controllers for 25 each but, as you can assume, you get what you pay for with that

WHEN NINTENDOOOO
WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN

is there any reason to not buy mayflag adapters for old gamecube controllers over the official nintendo ones.
those fuckers want like 70 dollars for an adapter.
I found a number of old official controllers in a box and wondered about it.

I don't know what the reviews are like but Nyko makes a GC adapter

People really think Nintendo will skip on all that sweet Joy-Con and Nintendo Labo money to release a mini revision that might not do well and wouldn't work with the Joy-Cons or Labo? Maybe, very maybe, can I see them releasing a Pro revision with some better hardware but similar look, or even a Pro Dock, but aside from that I doubt it.

>implying a higher resolution would have a significant impact on graphics quality on such a small screen

Literally impossible unless you can make a brand new IP that can actually compete with Pokemon on even the lowest level.

Why would it?

Never?

Personally I see the 3DS successor being basically a Switch and a 2DS taped together
It’ll be WiiU mini with the gimmick being
“Yo you can natively play your DS-3DS-Switch games on 1 device*”

*Requires Switch Mini pad

Depends on the game
Diesga 5
Smash ultimate
Diablo
All have stupid long battery life like 6 hours
BOTW is a battery killer

But then it will have console graphics which makes it a console.

The touch screen was a gimmick, as good of one as it was.

That’s literally the Switch
It’s their least gimmicky system since the GameCube and even that had a fuck ton of gimmicks

It’s literally going to be a bezel less Switch with slightly faster loading times that’s it

What are those gimmicks?

Fuck off
Rabbids Kingdom battle was so fucking good even creators of XCOM himself was impressed

Internet
(This used to be before Xbox live)
Gameboy compatibility
An add on to play gameboy games on GameCube
Transfer tools

All gimmicky as fuck back then

The 3DS could barely run it.

Handhelds are considered consoles

The GBA stuff is a peripheral and not part of the main system, doesn't really count.
Online was never used, hardly a gimmick

Bullshit. The game is a boring fucking slog of shitty flat maps, zero strategy, and a cringe story

I don't think there will be a Mini because they will make sure all revisions of the Switch are compatible with Labo.

Detachable controllers are actually viable though, considering the joycons are flimsy shits you can always just replace them on the spot, no need to open the system up, just spend 80 dollars for "Nintendo quality" products.

What to know how I know you haven’t played it?

Attached: 39CC08D6-1185-405A-B0D3-26B378E13513.gif (414x230, 1.71M)

Mini can be the exception.

Therefore switch is the 3ds successor

/thread

The 3DS had some shader support but the resolution took a hit supporting the touch screen and the 3d screen. Imagine if they didn't have that stupid 3d gimmick and we got a DS with a top and bottom screen that matched the PSPs resolution at least.

Wouldn't be flimsy if they weren't detachable

The Switch makes me wonder if the Vita could have succeeded if they did the TV dock thing.
Clearly people love the idea now but would they have in 2011?

Obviously the biggest problem with Sony's shit is a difference in philosophy (Nintendo = Great games, bad hardware, Sony = few games, great hardware), but maybe the delivery was also a huge problem.

PSP Go had a dock
Vita had Vita TV.

Attached: cradle-psp-go3.jpg (1023x810, 96K)

A Vita with a dock while a PS3/4 still existed alongside it would've held no value. The Switch sells because it's also Nintendo's current home console, if it had to compete with a Wii 3 which could run games on TV better, then it would've just been seen as an overpriced handheld with a useless gimmick.

Those you mentioned weren't a core part of the system though, they were awkward peripherals that were far from seamless, hell, the Vita TV wasn't a two-in-one, it was just a shitty console instead of a great handheld that could also ACT as a console.

That's a fair point actually, but the Switch should have failed then if that were the case, people should have seen it as just a shitty gimmick but didn't, just because it's Nintendo's only current offering means nothing.

The fact that it's a full hybrid system with a single library of games rather than one of two systems (with two separate libraries) capable of doing what the other system naturally does but worse is part of the reason why the Switch is successful. Look at it the other way: the Wii U's gimmick was that you could play its games in a half-assed handheld mode, but that held no value to most people since a real Nintendo handheld was also out at the time and the feature by itself didn't offer enough of an incentive to buy the system because of it. Of course I'm oversimplifying things and both the Wii U and the Vita also had a myriad other issues.

>Nintendo = Great games, bad hardware, Sony = few games
More like bad games and bad games