Cultist Simulator

Thoughts on Cultist Simulator?

Attached: file.png (639x361, 310K)

Shit

Why don't you tell what it is

It's a gaem.

it's fun
early game sucks though, especially when you have to grind out your reason/passion/hp economy first.

Attached: lantern.png (537x824, 321K)

Shit for the first 15 minutes, fun for the next 2 hours, then shit again.

boring and based on fake superstition instead of the real cults.

The name is really misleading. Its got good writing and some interesting lore but actually managing a cult is among the least things you do. A simulator where you control an evil cult thats better than this garbled mess would have been cool.

Game should be called "reading a lot of fucking books and going into dreamland to find the secrets of the world simulator"

it looked interesting but then I did any observation at all and saw it was a card game

What's the best aspect, and why is it moth?

Attached: 1525838541563.png (848x884, 986K)

I've only done Lantern(which sucked) and Grail currently, which also seems to be bad because finding grail aspect stuff is hard. Only thing I've found is Silver Spintra.

That's some poor luck, those are probably some of the worst cults in the game as it stands. Forge, Heart, Knock, and Secret Histories are some great choices for early playthroughs.

I wanted to make a fun sex cult but the game is really no fun allowed. For being called cultist simulator the flavor and actions of your cult matters incredibly little

You kind of have to make up little stories about your cult as you play, at least that's how I view it. The card game format isn't the greatest choice for natural roleplaying, and it's more about discovering the actions of past cultists up until your ascension.

Spinning plates: The Game

It's a cult management game with cards.
I love it, but it's hard to find the motivation to start over when you finish a game.

Pretty much this.

I was probably missing something but I dropped it because of the grind and new story developments getting buried in the same text you've read before. Guess I only had the patience in me for one of these games. Played Sunless Sea a lot but Sunless Skies and this one felt like a chore.

Can you fug your followers like Allison Mack irl?

Really unironically good, but probably too high brow for most posters here.

Fucking love it, can't wait for more content

I had so much fucking fun with it but I'm not gonna bother with another playthrough mostly because of this the feelings of dread, fascination and restlessness translate so damn well into real life, the mechanics are all pretty damn relatable.

>Shit for the first 15 minutes, fun for the next 2 hours, then shit again
Perfectly describes my experience. Once you get into it, it's fun as heck, but this feeling eventually wears out and you're left with almost thoughtless grinding on your part to maybe reach some new cool lore stuff. Dropped it after like 10 hours.

Attached: 1547646572074.jpg (750x991, 149K)

I love it

Intresting concept but very poor realisation. It's unbalanced and unfinished. Gameplay lacks basic QoL stuff (especially in early builds). You may find youself in a position when there is no progress, you simply grind resources until you have enough. Once you finish game there is no reason to play another character because 80-90% is the same cards and events.

My Grail cult fucking sucks, I want to restart as the dancer. But how do I even intentionally lose at this point? Do I have to purge my save?

What cult should I try next time? I'm thinking Knock or Edge sounds like it'd be super useful to have high level followers of.

Even worse, getting the major victory requires port noon anecdotes

Sadly, this is true

I want to like it but I think I'd rather just have a dump of all the text and read it because that's the fun part.

>Too much of a brainlet to enjoy this game

Attached: auothot.jpg (1280x720, 101K)

Tip to activate easy mode: magnet slots can't steal cards in your hand, you can just hold evidence/notoriety/dread/fascination until the slots expire and you're safe.