Scopes feel nearly useless in VR

Scopes feel nearly useless in VR.

Attached: multiline-scope-large.jpg (960x760, 43K)

k

Thank you for bumping my pathetic thread user.

elaborate please. I'm too sensible to spend my money on a fad, so I don't have any firsthand experience with using scopes in VR.

I didn't, but my reply allowed you to.

They are. You can't physically control recoil for follow up shots,the popular Fresnel lens are often too blurry to "hold" a rifle naturally and even when you manage to do so you have no physical object to hold and properly brace so your reticule is dancing all over the place.

Without using a virtural stock or real stock, the natural tremors of your hands make using them really hard. Most battles in most games take place at a close enough distance that a holosight or red dot sight have them completely outclassed. 2x sights are decent though. Any higher than 4x and you'd be better with Iron sights.

What's that supposed to mean?

I think a developer could get away with artificial steadying. It isn't a nauseating disconnect and the player thinks their hands are steady anyway.

Depends on the game. Games with virtual stock options like Pavlov VR steady something like an Awp enough for you to get some decent shots in.

But devs /do/ need a virtual steadier, you're not supposed to operate a rifle with only two points of contact otherwise you might as well wing it without a scope.

Attached: scope.webm (640x360, 2.94M)

Wot game, user?

Out of Ammo.

Do you have to stand up playing VR?
Can't you just steady your hands on a table?

Do you REALLY want to be fumbling around a table when in VR?

I've never been in VR. Can't I just sit at my desk?

Again, depends on the game. Some games let you sit, some let you stand. In that webm I'm standing and not resting my arms on anything.

Yeah. Sounds like a good way to end up breaking your monitor or something tho.

When using a sniper rifle in a VR game I will crouch IRL so I can steady my arms on my thighs or go prone and rest them on the floor.

It's awesome.

In the case of VR my monitor is attached to my face, right.

Stick a real stock on it.
You could set it up so that you sitting down in a swivel office chair would be recognized as you standing, but it will dramatically limit your mobility if you need to actually crouch or lean your body around.

Attached: il_570xN.1184519795_izks.jpg (570x321, 48K)

Sitting at my desk is how I play stuff like Elite Dangerous and Sublevel Zero Redux; Not every game uses vive wands. So with games that don't use motion controls I sit at my desk.

>the player thinks their hands are steady anyway.
ARMS STRONG LEGS ARE READY
CAN'T GET MOTION SICKNESS 'CAUSE I'M TOO HEAVY

Mom's spaghetti.

It's ready