Controllers

What do you use to play games?
This is my Switch setup, but i use some of these on PC too, obviously.

Attached: Controllers Switch.jpg (2062x2318, 585K)

>8shitdo
have sex

discord tranny

Its actually an amazing controller.

discord tranny

incel

You forgot mobile gayman

Attached: s-l1000[1].jpg (1000x1000, 164K)

The SN30 suffers from the same problems the Switch Pro has (misread inputs when mashing left-right on the d-pad, due to how the layout is, it touches parts it's not supposed to touch when mashing).

It's relatively easy to fix just like the Switch Pro, but buyers should be aware of this quirk.
A lot of 8bitdo have this specific issue.
But not the M30.
The M30 is fucking amazing.

Attached: 45747.jpg (1024x1365, 362K)

Is the mobile PUBG still better than the console one?

That's pretty neat, i'd use that for emulators i guess.
But i'd feel like a dork carrying that around with me and playing emulated shit like that.

Is the m30 good for real? I want it for KoF.

>there's no single controller that's pretty much good for everything
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

It's good.
The only two quirks are:
-The upper row of buttons can be very slightly wobbly, but it's extremely minor.
-And the d-pad itself squeaks a bit when you use it.
That's it.
Basically shit that doesn't really matter.

Also not a problem, but rather an oversight, the manual doesn't tell you that it has a feature where you can swap the buttons layout and what the D-Pad is is mapping itself to (d-pad, left stick, right stick).
I found the commands from people experimenting with it and saved it, because it's useful shit:

>Here's how you swap buttons and change what stick/d-pad the d-pad counts as

>UP+MINUS: DPAD
>LEFT+MINUS: L JOYSTICK
>RIGHT+MINUS: R JOYSTICK

>DOWN+MINUS: A-B/X-Y

>Hold 5sec swap layout

Also be aware that there's a SECOND version of the controller called "M30 2.4G".
Don't get that one by mistake, that's exclusively for the actual Mega Drive and such.

Attached: m30.png (1200x175, 56K)

Switch is handheld only, PC is 360 controller for twinstick shooters, beatemups, and most emulation. I went on a huge PC rpg binge back in my younger years and I've found I actually prefer WASD to d-pad for menu heavy RPGs, though.

>fake saturn controller
>you think the dpad is like real saturn controller

lol you dont even know why youre using this shit

If we're talking about the switch, you'll always be forced to get something that fixes the shitty not-really-a-d-pad "d-pad" when playing handheld.
But if you're talking docked, or for general playing video games on other systems with an adaptor, i like the DS4.
People here have an issue with it's d-pad for some reason but i found it to be just fine for anything, from indies to retro shit to fighting games.

Attached: 253.jpg (1024x653, 71K)

Get one of those modified scuff controllers. You can customize a controller to your liking.

This is my go to for anything that doesn't require an analog stick. I fucking love it

Attached: 131299.jpg (500x479, 50K)

what about this?
Let's say i play any normal switch game with it, like mario oddysey or bayonetta or dragons dogma, would i have any problem with it?

Attached: gamepad_8bitdo_n30_pro_2_negro_02_ad_l.jpg (800x800, 86K)

10/10, only thing that would make it better is if the Wiimote/nunchuck would work on Switch so it could be used for Smash.

Only thing i have to add is stay away from gamesir, cheap chink shit.

they have quality control issues, i'm sending mine back because the battery lasts about one minute despite charging for hours

I use a DS4 and a Switch Pro for my PC depending on the game

Attached: 1536884805893.gif (268x335, 2.97M)

The shoulder buttons are next to each other, it's a pain in the ass. Otherwise good though.

how well does this work for switch, bros?

Attached: 8bid.jpg (236x236, 4K)

...what the fuck is that even

What are those official D-Pad joycons like anyway

How acceptable is the bluetooth latency in the real world? I think I want a ds4 but have concerns about its usb jack failing.

Im coming from a ds1 with a failing cable

I use a knockoff 360 controller. Will probably upgrade to an xbone at some point

It's fine, great even.
A lot of people actually prefer those to the newest models, actually.

Firmware wise, they even had better firmware and didn't suffer from a bug that increased latency when too many controllers were connected to the switch (since the 1.30 firmware tho, this has been completely corrected on the new models too).

It's not detectable.

>six button layout

Either a retarded stick player or you clearly don't play tekken.

>Also not a problem, but rather an oversight, the manual doesn't tell you that it has a feature where you can swap the buttons layout and what the D-Pad is is mapping itself to (d-pad, left stick, right stick).
Does this work on the other? 8bitdo controllers, because I've noticed the SN30 I have makes the d-pad read as an analog stick.

The Hori Joy-Con D-Pad?
I mean, they're official in the sense that they're licensed by Nintendo, yes, but Hori still makes them, so if you want 100% perfect nintendo quality they're always gonna be slightly "off".

But anyway, that aside, it's great.
It does exactly what it needs to do, it gives you a good d-pad in handheld mode.
It doesn't have any features that a normal joycon has, no rumble, no motion controls etc, basically it just works when it's attached to your Switch, it has no internal battery, it's taking energy directly from your switch and that's it (not much, as it's barebone, so it doesn't really shorten your switch battery life by any noticeable amount).

Pre-release, they actually had a really serious bug where they would drain the switch battery while in rest mode if connected to it.
But Nintendo actually solved this issue themselves with a software update of the Switch itself, and since then any model works fine and bug-free.

Attached: 36434787.jpg (1445x717, 155K)

No, as far as i know this is an M30 only feature, sorry.

It's alright, I got this controller for free anyway.

cringe

Absolutely legit.
But for the love of god never get the Neo Geo Mini version of this controller, holy shit SNK dropped the ball hard on this one.

Attached: For-SNK-Controller-Mini-Game-Pad-White-Black-for-NEOGEO-MINI-PAD.jpg_640x640.jpg (640x640, 45K)

Hori tended to make good stuff last time I checked anyway. Still, seems quite niche if handheld mode is the only going for it.

I noticed they made a budget wireless controller as well in pic related, but I presume they're not going to be great.

Attached: hori.png (1024x1024, 600K)

There's a lot of quality control issues with 8bitdo, and it wouldn't be as bad is they actually had a fucking proper customer service.

Me, personally, am waiting for pic related to get a Bluetooth release (expected summer 2019) before I get a controller for Switch

Attached: D2IYLZFU8AIAAGd.jpg (2048x1088, 244K)

Hori is sorta hit and miss.
For the joycon, the d-pad itself feels great, but the rest of it is very, very light (due to way less internals, i assume) and the shoulder button and trigger...work, but that's about it.
You can really tell those two buttons are cheaply made when you compare it to an actual joycon, and you can't help but constantly compare the feel because you're using a legit one in your right hand, obviously.
The stick too, is very cheap.

Basically only the d-pad is the selling point and the main piece that feels like proper quality.
Wich is fine because it's exactly what i needed anyway.

>he doesnt use a fightstick for fighting games(excluding Smash and DOA)

Attached: Confused_Freezypop.jpg (997x995, 204K)

The retro-bit shit is definitely legit, but the M30 is still solid.
It's 8bitdo hardest effort so far and it shows, i feel it's a definite step above most of their other products.
They actually MIGHT ruin it with a second "fully modern" version that adds sticks and triggers (that they're likely to release in the future if they follow the pattern so far), because that always seems to fuck up the simple initial design they come up with, but so far the base model is superb.

Attached: 1335441467288.jpg (424x417, 16K)

The SN30 tells you on the back how to launch it in different input modes, maybe that's your problem.

Not for the switch, no.
The reasoning is that i have a portable case (not the one in the picture, i have a better, more compact and neatly designed one), and i need to carry with me the switch, the dock, the cables, and the two controllers.
This allows me to set up a fighting game station if i visit someone and they want to play.
Sticks would obviously be the superior pick, but carrying them around defeats the inherent advantage of the portability of the switch itself.

You see what i mean?

Attached: 973d904f8891.jpg (2498x2486, 1.37M)

Yeah, M30 is tempting but I'm always checking their subreddit (kill me) and a lot of people are always having problems with their controllers.
Retro-bit on the other hand seems like a really solid brand, cheaper and with active customer support online, 8bitdo went full chinese with their business.

That's not what he was asking.
Obviously all models have different input modes, he's specifically asking button combinations that allow you to change what the d-pad is mapped to, and button layouts themselves.
As far as i know the M30 is the only one that does this, out of their lineup.

If I get a switch, I'll definitely get a bluetooth version. Already getting a USB one once they're available since my original SLS pad is direct input only and didn't work with Sonic Mania and DB Fighterz. Fucking love the Saturn pads.

Attached: 2634.gif (245x242, 628K)

I'm hoping the 8BitDoPro plus is good when it comes out, if it ever does at this rate

Attached: sn30-pro+sf-min.png (400x300, 33K)

Fair enough user. I don't take my switch out that much nor do I have any actual fighting games on it so I wouldnt know the pain of a portable user.

yeah great for homebrew and those SNES mini controllers

Neat, didn't know about these, thanks

I'm also holding off for a Switch revision before I do all of this as well, by then the Sega bluetooth controllers will be out and field tested.
Win/win ... although I'm getting impatient with the idea of fighting games being so portable.

Attached: 1451882173413.jpg (1024x576, 51K)

There's 3 versions, but sadly not one with Famicomc colors coming fom what it seems.
I would love one with the concave X/Y as well as Super Famicom colors

Attached: SN30Pro+ 1.png (1535x966, 942K)

it did not come out in Holiday 2018

Attached: SN30Pro+ 3.png (1527x941, 556K)

You people don't count

at least one of them has the concave, but I hope the travel is good and the response time is decent

Attached: SN30Pro+ 21.png (1512x940, 781K)

it's sort of a meme at this point, they keep saying they need to fine tune them before releasing them.
I don't mind that much, i prefer the current designs, but i can see why it would frustrate people that really need grips like these.

The type of way I play my games the grips are useful, however it seems like they will never come out at this rate

Huge hands user here, I'm afraid those controllers would be too small for me.

Out of the box 8bitdo shit always seems to have slight input lag that is then fixed after a couple of software updates, so it's probably better to get them some time after release (when it finally does release).

I use the Joycon to play emulators (n64 and PS1)

How do you deal with the d-pad that isn't a d-pad?

do you think most Switch owners have ever had to use a d-pad before? zoom zoom

it works great when you're not playing online or local wireless. i believe local wireless caused input lag. but i could play couch co-op smash and still play the same without noticing any lag.

It's a wireless adapter I think, for Gamecube controllers. Lets you connect through Bluetooth instead of the USB dongle.

where do you buy these? I want one

Do they have any wired ones?

w2c?

Ds3 for Action games
360 pad for anything else
M&K for shooters
Madcatz TE2+ for fighting games.

>want 6 a button controller for the ps4
>6 buttons usually have a cross type dpad instead of something like the saturn one

Fuck that, I just cant handle those.

If you mean six face buttons then it was great. The industry just didn't adopt it since ultimately Sega lost and even they abandoned it for the Dreamcast. Its not a bad thing though. Its just an overlooked thing that nobody really wants to go back to. Xbox OG also had this and made great use of the black and white buttons.

Oi, I use those 3 as dead buttons to throw people off, dont knock em.

Are there any good after market Dreamcast controllers?

I have the Mayflash adapter and the Wii Controller
It sucks for the switch, for some reason it’s not as responsive and the stick travels more distance compared to the joycon/Pro Controller sticks
Pretty sad as it has octagonal gates like the GC controller

>docked
I'm sure that's not the only kind of docking you do.

Attached: playstation-prototype-controllers.jpg (600x337, 159K)

Supposed to come out this spring

I think we reached a time where more buttons than the standard PS3/4 Xbox360/on controllers are needed.
something like the 6 thumb buttons or adding some kind of R4-L4 under the controllr.

As far as the DS4 goes, get a separated D-Pad insert. makes each direction its own button entirely, and makes it really good for fighting games.

Redpill me on 6-button controllers

Are these Retro Bit usb Saturn controllers any good? The reviews on Amazon are bad but I'm having trouble finding any other usb Saturn controllers out there.

Attached: rb-pc-0387_1.jpg (1200x1200, 92K)

>As far as the DS4 goes, get a separated D-Pad insert. makes each direction its own button entirely
But why the fuck...would you do that?
Wouldn't that actually make it worse for fighting games?
Hasn't every controller posted here that people use for fighting games consistently had one thing in common, wich is a d-pad that moves along with your thumb for easier inputs? (granted they work differently than the PS controller, but still).
How would separating the d-pad into individual buttons help?

Attached: 1418937766570.png (1280x903, 590K)

>I found the commands from people experimenting with it and saved it, because it's useful shit:
hey dumbfuck you realize this shit is on the official website right? pure cringe. wow.

Modern PC games: Xbone or Switch Pro (usually xbone due to ease of use and the layout/icons matching whatever is in-game)
D-pad PC games (depending on if I need to use the sticks or additional buttons or if I want wireless): Hori Commander Pro, 8BitDo M30, or Wii U Pro
Switch: Switch Pro (I also have a Magic-NS if I want to use my other controllers for whatever reason - like the Wii U Pro's superior d-pad)
Smash: Gamecube
I barely play undocked so I just use the default joycons. And when I do play undocked its usually tetris or some shit so the regular d-pad is fine.

It would be neat to have some new buttons, but current designs may be near that point where normalfags would be overwhelmed if there was anything more complex than what we have now. Six face buttons + paddles as standard I'd like to see, but the meta is very set in stone as barely anyone is trying to do more than just sticking with a Dualshock or 360 layout beyond gyro.

wired 360, ibuffalo snes. all wireless controllers are shit

>wireless controller
>fighting games
Okay buddy.

It actually isn't.
I checked both the site and the manual on the site, and all this stuff isn't there.
Where is it?
Link it.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-04-14_22-33-27.png (1920x1080, 202K)

Nigga, it's the switch.
It's not for serious business fighting games, it's to bring it around and set it up quick and easy.
Aside from smash, obviously, and if you've got the GC controllers and the adapter it's all wired so it's no problem.

Anyone know of a joycon grip with a bit more space than the one that comes with the Switch. I'm using pic related for the dpad, but the joycons don't fit in the grip with them on.

Attached: 51nbNkjF6GL._AC_.jpg (660x844, 25K)

>that inverted format of the saturn controller

Cracks me up

Let's say a fighter, imagine having to press Triangle + X at the same time but fast, yeah you will touch other buttons and mess up. With a 6 button layout that will not happen

Also games these days demand more buttons, so a 6 button controller + 2 triggers/shoulders, and analog buttons would make sense.

Well excuse me princess, that firmware was removed until yesterday due to bugs.
And then re-uploaded (i assume with the bugs corrected).

How the fuck was i supposed to know they put it back up today, with the instructions?

Attached: 1319987367119.jpg (177x278, 37K)

>fighting games
>on the switch

Will that help when I try to press diagonals actually read diagonals instead of reading right/left or down?

It's slowly but surely becoming a weeb fightan machine.
Basically Vita 2.0
But by default your control options don't really suit it.
Thus, why it's probably wise to seek a functioning alternative.
Yes, i'm aware i can play my weeb fighters on PS4, but i can't easily bring my PS4 to my friend's houses and set it up in 2 seconds, can i?
Having a set of fighting games on such an easily portable device is convenient.
You do miss on 3D fighters but that might be rectified once the Switch Pro revision comes out in the near future.

Attached: guilty-gear.jpg (1152x648, 270K)

Logictech G610 keyboard, G502 mouse, but I got a bin of 360, XB1 and 1 DS4 for controller based games and emulators I also use the rock band instruments occasionally

It's pretty great, if you're a smashfag, it automatically sets the default configuration and treats L and R as not analog, so shields come out as soon as you press the triggers. I notice no lag whatsoever and the home button is good to have. The only bad thing, as with every third party controller, you can't turn the console on with it.

Am I the only person with a flawless Switch Pro Controller?
The d-pad has never once given me an issue. I just beat X4 with it the other day.

Every controller that I own

Attached: 20190414_230306.jpg (1440x2199, 1.87M)

Wow. Imagine all the man hours wasted on these just for them to end up jamming some handles onto a SNES controller and calling it a day.

i've got a knockoff switch pro which is alright apart from the huge deadzones on the sticks
interested in the saturn third party controllers

By default, all Switch Pro models have an issue where if you run from left to right really fast, you'll occasionally get up/down misreads (and vice versa).
It's a physical problem, it's the way that it's built.
You can test it right now in any game, just place both your thumbs on the left and right, and mash them, alternating, you'll see occasionally you'll crouch or jump.

But all of this is beside the point.
Even if the Pro worked perfectly, 100%, it's d-pad would still be extremely lackluster, stiff (stiff, not firm, wich would be good, there's a difference), too small, and of questionable overall quality.
I'd just rather use more specialized tools.
When you're just using the sticks the Pro is fine, but for d-pad precision it leaves too much to be desired.

Attached: 25.jpg (1280x720, 96K)

A number of third party fighting games have ports, and Pokken exists, which despite how it was marketed is a legit competitive fighter and uses traditional FG mechanics and systems, unlike something like Smash

Does it work on switch?

Just let it die man, nobody gives a single shit about pokken.
I own a Switch and i play fighting games on it and even i am not desperate enough to give a shit about pokken.
I'd rather play anything else.

Attached: 1317588718124.jpg (360x259, 35K)

>Most of my controllers were either pawned by someone else or broken from some other autist.

Attached: 1341858830324.jpg (890x720, 153K)

Yes, natively, that's sorta one of the major selling points.

On your switch go to controllers -> change grip order, then on the controller start + y for a couple of seconds, then you hold the sync button for 2 seconds or so if i remember correctly, and then it's paired.
Any time after that you just hold the start button for a bit to turn it on, or off.

Qanba Crystal, modded with a Hayabusa lever since Qanba's stock levers are kinda crappy.

Attached: 57060804_160673484946356_6944238243843932160_n.jpg (960x720, 102K)

>Qanba's stock levers are kinda crappy.
What the fuck?
Doesn't everyone harp on how much quality Qanba's are in general?

Attached: v.png (425x372, 96K)

Maybe I got a bad draw. I used a friend's Crystal before getting my own. Liked the button feedback, and the LED function was cozy, but I knew after using two in a row, I'd be changing the stick out. (Already used said friend's Hayabusa stick before, which had a fantastic lever but I didn't care for the hayabusa buttons.) My main gripe with Qanba's levers is the diagonals. Instant air dashes in fighters and accurate diagonal inputs in shmups became much easier when I swapped it out with a Hayabusa lever.

You're quite lovely, thank you.

I also got it for like $120, so between that and $30 for the Hayabusa lever, it came to less than a HRAP stick would have cost me. (150 vs 180.. and again, didn't care for the hayabusa hairtrigger buttons) Has held up incredibly well for the last couple years.

Wait what, the diagonals?
Did it come by default with an octo gate, or a square one?

It's easier to test by holding left or right on just the side and trying tilt the dpad up or down from there.

if this controller is trash I swear to god

Attached: tribute_controller.jpg (435x532, 116K)

>keeping that shambling zombie around for a single party game

Square. Octo gates for Qanba at the time were either difficult to come by, or impossible. They may still be a 3D-print-only specialty, I dunno.

The Hayabusa stick's throw distance/ dead zone/ etc. for both 90-degree angles and diagonals is just comfy as fuck. I'd recommend it over Qanba, Sanwa, and Seimitsu, from my own experience.

Also, tried a KOWAL 8-way gate for the Hayabusa, out of curiosity. It's... okay. Nowhere near as good as Sanwa 8-way gates. It feels "sloppy," and given the curved nature of the gate, it's easy to see why. (instead of the angular octogons in Sanwa 8-way gates) But the Hayabusa's responsiveness is so fucking good, I haven't felt a need to use an 8-way gate in it anyway.

Hey man, don't judge. I still keep a big-ass CRT TV and a pair of PS1 Guncons around solely for Elemental Gearbolt.

>GAZE UPON IT
>AND DESPAIR

Attached: 1352013814987.png (640x480, 352K)

I didn't even grow up with a GC, and the first time i played smash using a GC controller i instantly understood it's the only way anyone should be playing that game.
From my completely unbiased point of view, it objectively felt right , from 1 second in.
I'm sorry but meleefags were right all along.
Fuck Melee tho

Attached: jig2.jpg (600x580, 52K)

man, the new Parasyte live-action looks weird.

Because now you never get an input you didnt mean to press. Down is always JUST down, never downback, unless you wanna do downback
Yup, that's what they're made for.

Yea Forums what is the best wired only switch controller? live in city apartments so blutooth will always be janky

This is true, but at that point, you may as well play fightans with a stick.

>live in city apartments so blutooth will always be janky

dude, that shouldn't happen.
You sure there isn't something between you and the switch that is creating strong interference?
Unless you're using really, really crappy devices that have an abysmal bluetooth the problem you're describing here shouldn't be happening.

Im just autistic and dropped inputs making me mad

No wonder why I fuck up diagonal inputs with DS controllers sometimes. For some reason I used on the PS3 a shitty Logic3 controller with a more classic dpad.
Another thing I notice with DS4's dpad are those fighters you need to hold back to guard and sometimes I just fail, like it reads some other input. Everytime I try to guard with the analog stick it never messes up