What would you like to see from a next generation MMORPG?

What would you like to see from a next generation MMORPG?

Attached: FFXIV-2.png (1245x921, 1004K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=O0ikW7pVa_I
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

VR

I doubt it's a new MMO.

Legend of Dragoon

FFXI HD
which FFXIV was originally supposed to be

There's zero chance it's an mmo, mmos are expensive as fuck to make for the payoff and their only competition would be themselves at this point, you're not going to see a new FF/SE mmo until XIV is actually dead and the is Square you know they're going to milk it for as long as they can

I would like to see NO MORE MMOS

An uncompromising world that forces people to work together if they want to get anywhere. No matchmaking systems.

OK, so the least consistent and most aggravating videogame of all time.

It's what MMOs were before zoomer normalfags killed the genre with WoW.

Yeah and you're pretending Ultima Online and FFXI hold up today? Pure nostalgia nothing more

Yes? There is nothing wrong with either of those games except that they're ancient and don't have many players anymore. The genre stopped trying to appeal to MMO fans and started trying to appeal to normalfags who need instant gratification, constant handholding, and matchmaking systems because they don't want to socialize in a genre about interacting with others.

Matchmaking is bad, but it is not the reason old MMORPGs were bad.
They were bad because they were MMORPGs in the first place. Stop liking MMO games, they are trash and you shouldn't enjoy trash.

youtube.com/watch?v=O0ikW7pVa_I

I think about this a lot, all the current MMOs on the market just offer a bunch of boring shit we have seen before, the genre really does need to evolve.

This seems like the next logical step for me. If you could make anything even slightly resembling .hack or even just something old and generic, like runescape or ultima online but fully compatible with VR and with decent combat that alone would be worth playing. It's too bad it would be almost impossible to be immersed in any world anyone could create like this since there would always be a bunch of faggots with ridiculous looking characters dancing around all over the place in town and shit.

Matchmaking is bad, but it's worse when it picks players from other servers. They have no reputation to deal with if they fuck up because you might never see that person ever again. The best solution if you have to have matchmaking is everybody on one server.
But matchmaking is still bad.

Besides I don't think Square wants to risk another failure like the original XIV.

Hot anime girls

Attached: 1550972166786.webm (889x500, 1.56M)

They already made Eureka.

It's FF16: The game they wanted to build when they made ARR but were limited to the shitty 14 engine.
Not even S-E would bank a large scale project on this memetech.

sex, the ability to fuck with everyone and anything, players, monsters, chests, items, gang bang raid bosses, fuck the moon, fuck the stars, fuck a wormhole, fuck literally every element of the game.