Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=b7T1SVnXYsk
youtu.be/tJ56sqi1VJ8
youtube.com/watch?v=GHMkRHk9lgI
youtube.com/watch?v=IJT5i5NmONc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

mgs2

nice job

> Overrated piece of shit that's only liked because it came out in a year where nothing else good was out
FF7 hands down

IS THIS A PICTURE FOR ANTS

What is the Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei of video games?

Attached: Kafuka Fuura_LIE.jpg (1280x720, 79K)

Drakengard Ending E

Sin and Punishment.

Xenosaga, but last time I said that, I upset Xenofags.

Ghost in the Shell came out the same exact year.

Half Life 2

xenogears. this thread happens all the time and the answer will never change.

Whoops. Yeah, that's what I meant, Xenogears, not Xenosaga.

What is the Lucky Star of vidya?

Attached: anime question.jpg (433x380, 25K)

Recommend me an anime to watch, guys. Please.

Harvest moon

You'd have to find a game that's about certain subjects, but has fake imagery thrown in as well. Specifically, it'd be a game where all the brainlets zone in on the fake imagery instead of what's actually there, and obsess over the wrong things/write if off because of it.

Attached: mfw no one talks about u except for DUDE ITS ONE OF THE WEIRDEST MOVIES EVER LMAO clickbait lists.jp (735x1146, 270K)

Exaggerated representation of the mid 2000s? I don't know, VtM:B?

That movie is great but like your filename its only remembered for these two things
>Dude drugs lmao
>Bat country
What games are like this, things that people talk about a game cause they heard of it but never played it themselves?

What do you want?

So Eva was about relationships and puberty and muh hedgehog's dilemma. But what the fuck was Fear And Loathing about? I genuinely have no idea after watching it. I just zoned out and the drug binges started meshing together.

An anime.

Based. Xenogears will always be the Evangelion of video games.

fpbp

>calls others brainlets
>uses terms like "fake imagery"
loving every laugh

Giant Robo: The Day the Earth Stood Still.

Code Geass.

this

Attached: unnamed.jpg (220x298, 38K)

xenogears

>
>Ghost in the Shell came out the same exact year.

>nothing else good

Can't you read, cunt?

Thanks.

>things that people talk about a game cause they heard of it but never played it themselves?
Deus Ex
Earthbound
Planescape Torment

Ff7

watch some of the most wholesome animes out there.
Mob Psycho 100 is a good example.
I personally can't go without Space Dandy.
then there's the most influential, humorous and action-packed DB and Z, if you like the series then maybe add Super.
also, I really, really enjoyed Digimon Adventure, Digimon Adventure 02 and Digimon Tamers.
if you like to be pretentious and generally drool from your mouth watch NGE.
if you realize how shit it is proceed to /m/ anime with Gundam being one of the best mecha animes out there.

Watch Made in Abyss. It's about some cute kids going on a journey into hell.

Thank you guys too.

Azumanga Daioh
Lucky Star (fast forward the choco coronet part in ep 1)
Welcome to the NHK
Death Note
Akagi
Black Lagoon
Ghibli movies
Lupin III (everything after "Woman named Mine Fujiko")
Fullmetal Aclhemist: BROTHERHOOD (not the first series)
Cowboy Bebop
Mushishi
Samurai Champloo
Kill la Kill

ugh idk watch hunterXhunter pretty good for a comfy shonen

Tomino is shit, Gundam and Ideon were important and influential but Evangelion took those surface level ideas and infused them with much more depth and nuance. I got memed into watching hundreds of episodes of UC shit, it all sucked except the shows Tomino didn't direct.

Attached: 1521432441415.jpg (612x612, 100K)

Shit, forgot Great Teacher Onizuka and Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei.

> Is it okay for me to be here?
> *silence*
> AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Attached: 51kgT7eWF-L._SY679_.jpg (456x679, 19K)

Nier Automata

literally? warframe
figuratively? bloodborne or mgs2

Attached: Evangelion.jpg (3840x2160, 2.48M)

came to post this

Super Mario 64
youtube.com/watch?v=b7T1SVnXYsk

Attached: maxresdefault (3).jpg (1280x720, 90K)

Also Votoms is a much better real robot show from the same period, stop recommending shitty Gundam.

>hedgehog's dilemma
never had a term to describe that eva shit, nice
outlaw star, especially if you liked cowboy bepod, but think it could stand to be more like mass effect.

>never had a term to describe that eva shit
it's literally in the show

>never had a term to describe that eva shit, nice
>t. didn't watch eva

Final arc of Mask of Truth.

Attached: 3e58dde1ce595857ea05b32130c93c43.png (1920x2160, 2.98M)

Still seething about Space Dandy's under-performance in views

I'm playing episode I right now and its pretty shit, evacuating the Kukai foundation.
knows whats up though.

Redline is a fun as fuck film and pretty short to boot. Its a nonstop adrenline ride. Eureka Seven (original series, 50eps) is also fantastic imo, especially if you like good animation and great music.
There are others but I'm just posting those because they never get mentioned in these threads for some reason.

Give me a quick rundown of this movie, is it actually worth a watch?

Attached: redline.jpg (1000x561, 116K)

I'll bet on Death Stranding being the NGE of vidya, what with it being an obvious mediocre piece of tripe that tries too hard to be deep and symbolic but ends up just being dull and "le weird". But then it gets praised for being "poignant" by people who can't get the creator's cock out of their throats for some reason.

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASED

>brainlet still mad that people like something he can't understand all these years later

stay mad brainlet.

XCOM.

Similar themes, two different appeals though, gundam is more a space opera than a predecessor of eva, ideon too.

Btw char's counterattack and turn a are more kino than whole eva, but that's just me.
youtu.be/tJ56sqi1VJ8

I'm not even trying to start shit but I watched Eva when I was 15 and I didn't get "it". Is there anything to get?

Welcome to the NHK for the depressing mood, I'd suggest reading the Light Novel though because it's better. About life as a HikkiNEET.

Angel's Egg. Movie. Huge influence on the mood and atmosphere of Dark Souls.

Haibane Renmei, written by the guy who did Lain. Inspired by Murakami's Hard-Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World if you've ever read that.

Legend of the Galactic Heroes, sci-fi Space Opera 110 episodes. About the conflict between Autocracy and Democracy with Space Prussians and Space Napoleonic Warfare

Attached: 1542060168476.jpg (692x627, 71K)

On a surface-level, not really. It's a generic mecha show with surface-level Christian and Ancient Jewish influences. The real meat of the show is the fucked up flawed characters dealing with the situation to the best of their ability.

Attached: 1550981740606.jpg (600x598, 197K)

Evangelion a shit
Now, what is the Shamanic Princess of video games?

Attached: Shamanic-Princess.jpg (704x528, 399K)

It's about how you determine self worth and how that relates to your interactions with other people. Basically the thesis is that everyone puts up barriers to prevent hurting other people and keep other people from hurting them, but ultimately those barriers are necessary because without them nobody would have their own identity. One has to learn to accept the suffering that comes with dealing with people to also get the joy of building relationships and loving yourself.

Its only relatable if you have crippling depression and social anxiety. If you are a fully functioning adult and/or teenager, the anime is mostly a snoozefest that is pretty too look at

the virgEnd of Evangelion
youtube.com/watch?v=GHMkRHk9lgI
THE CHADOLESCENCE OF UTENA
youtube.com/watch?v=IJT5i5NmONc

Attached: 4Dk4ckk3kSsTRFbqhBR59HT5QRf.jpg (1920x1080, 614K)

Not going to lie, Utena unironically confused me more than Evangelion did. I think like at least 50% of the messages flew over my head.

Attached: Shinji and his mugs.jpg (600x576, 27K)

fuck me i watched in jap with english subs at least a decade ago, calm your tits

well time to set this as my desktop background again

Steins;Gate. Or better yet read the VN.

The meme that only women understand utena is true

t. transitioned and immediately became enlightened

That's odd, because you're not a woman.

Attached: 1537194155395.jpg (300x300, 11K)

I watched it dubbed too faggot, that's no excuse.

Delete ur existence, uggo.
You'll never be a real woman

Attached: 1539269114105.webm (438x438, 2.75M)

>gratuitous religious imagery
>atmosphere of dread in the last arcs
>antagonistic father figure(s)
>bitchy female heroine
>artificial heroine
>older woman that develops a crush on a kid
>fortune social link and chariot social link are literally those two students from eva
>heroic self-sacrifice
It's Persona 3.

Attached: hey kid wanna fuse.jpg (2818x4062, 1.89M)

>watches it dubbed
>thinking it's the same as watching and having to read subtitles
user, why are you getting so mad that i forgot some details about an anime i watched 10 years ago?

Fuck, I meant to write subbed.

>Calling someone out for not remembering a major theme of the show makes you mad.

Ok faggot.