What's their fucking problem?

what's their fucking problem?

Attached: ign gothic.png (1172x442, 455K)

Other urls found in this thread:

uk.ign.com/articles/2002/01/16/gothic
youtube.com/watch?v=1PcUQQOODv0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

apparently the inability to pick up items

>caring about IGN

Nothing, Gothic was a terrible game & people only like it for the sake of being contrarians. IGN was absolutely based & redpilled back in the early 2000s

Attached: IGN Best games 2005.jpg (728x727, 158K)

How pedestrian.

Just proving my point by the fact that listing popular games makes you cry about it being "Pleb or NPC" simply for not having literal who garbage. Contrarians are the only people who think Gothic is good

> Halo that fucking high
WHY?

uk.ign.com/articles/2002/01/16/gothic
They gave it an 8.6 though

Attached: Bad.png (1161x447, 492K)

> Contrarians seething so hard about their meme games that they have to use fake articles
Boomers are pathetic

because Halo dumbed down the FPS genre to the point where any retard could pick it up and play it

>inability to pick up items
what are they talking about?

Console fps for the masses.

hes not wrong

They're not wrong, though.

Because it was so much better then the piece of shit PC FPS games people have grown accustomed to that it felt like a masterpiece in comparison

iirc you needed action button+ctrl to pick up items.

What's funny is that the top 10 aside from GoldenEye are the exact same games that everyone still circlejerks as the 10 best games ever.

So basically guy didn't know the controls? How did he beat the game then?

I fucking despise this list

>all that console cancer

>Halo dumbed down the FPS genre to the point where any retard could pick it up and play it
Yeah doom is so hard to play lmao

That's because you are seething contrarians that are obsessed with shilling niche PC games that nobody cares about

There was not much wrong about video game reviews in this era. Superman 64 in a Nintendo magazine now would be 6/10

Attached: n64tribute-supermanb[1].jpg (1259x1653, 1003K)

How the fuck do you even pick up items in this game? I dropped it two years ago and it seemed completely unplayable. It was hard to control and interact with anything.

Zelda is whatever

OOT, ALTTP, WW, MM, TP, ALBW, LA, NES & BOTW are all good games

Unreal shits on Halo

Doom is a very simple game and even that's too hard for the average Halo player

Were you born before or after OPs article date?

> LITERAL WHO GAME GOOD
> POPULAR ICONIC GAME BAD
This is you right now, nobody cares about your irrelevant piece of shit games

>literal who game
spotted the zoomer i guess

Dude, fucking every kid and retard in 1994 had Doom on PC. Literally everybody.

Attached: 1536205674107.png (1080x1593, 1000K)

What happened in 1994 is irrelevant in the 2000s, this generation doesn't give a shit abotu Doom

No, that's not the argument being made. Every kid played Doom in 1994, thanks to freeware you could get it for free with ease. Everybody was playing it, even retards who never played games much.

What games were in the actual list for that year?

They write for a mainstream audience that is not you. And hence you whine like a faggity ass bitch about a publication not for you....not being for you...like a little punk ass faggot boy

10 Super Mario 64
09 Red Dead Redemption
08 Half-Life 2
07 Tetris
06 Super Mario Bros. 3
05 The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
04 Super Metroid
03 Portal
02 The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
01 Super Mario World

>3 fucking mario titles
you're joking me

The same ones as every year, except with slightly different orders

Attached: IGN Top 16.jpg (1200x1200, 1.75M)

20 The Last of Us
19 Doom
18 Chrono Trigger
17 Grand Theft Auto V
16 Dark Souls
15 Street Fighter II
14 Super Mario Bros.
13 Halo: Combat Evolved
12 Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
11 Portal 2

I know right? Galaxy 2 is far better then garbage like Half-Life 2, it should be on the list as well if they were going to have 3 Mario's

It wasn't considered a particularly good game in its own time either; it was only really noticed for its advanced animations and artsy style.

Chrono Trigger & FF6 are actually right behind Street Fighter II since they literally named them the 2 best RPGs ever in 2018.

>Bionic Commando is actually listed

Holy fucking based. If only it was appreciated today. Most underrated platformer of all time.

Look, I was a kid when that "game" came out, I remember how fucking cool and futuristic the graphics looked, how everyone talked about them (the graphics) but let's be honest, the gameplay is shit, and it's the very definition of nostalgia goggles. The game is only fun once you know what to do and can ace it. Try beating that game in an era without internet and strategy guides, and then talk to me. See how you feel about it.

Literally every game on that top 20 is dogshit except for Super Metroid, Street Fighter II, and Civilization II.

They sure are salty about getting filtered out of every genre and game that is not completely entry level "pick up controller and turn off brain" tier

>An utterly hopeless, consistently appaling leper of a 'game'. Bordering on the illegal.
Stealing this

>splinter cell trash listed twice, TWICE

Oh how times change. That garbage has no reason being on a best games ever list. I love how that entire franchise has become forgotten and irrelevant.

Dude... I grew up with SF2, but it's a 10-15 minute gameplay session at best. You're high and delusional

That they were

Attached: 1548622445760.jpg (537x163, 27K)

Mad that Thief isn't in the list? lol

based and redpilled

Are there any mods that fix Gothic's horrible controls? I feel like it would pretty good if it wasn't for that.

Take me back... take me back when we had like minded peers doing the reviewing, instead of agenda pushing salty dried up feminists and soi progressive nu-males.

It's funny how literally any congregate of votes/polls anally erupts wRPGfag's anuses because no one give a fuck about their shitty games

Attached: malos laugh.png (564x594, 483K)

st2 is the best in the series you pleb

You'd rather be stuck on a desert island with a copy of SF2 than any of those other games? Lol ok.

They have taste. I played Gothic 1 last year after you fags kept going on about how great it is and it was just shitty Eurojank with nothing special about it at all, and player freedom is gated by plot-progression-locked armour upgrades.

Video games seem to be the opposite of every other media.
Having to think or be knowledgable or even learn a little to appreciate something is seen as bad design and makes them rated low critically.
It is the opposite of most other entertainment genres, where there is a clear separation between mainstream appeal and critical reception that both sides understand and agree with.

Attached: 1383626908088.png (1269x1114, 931K)

i have every issue of that magazine

Holy fucking based.

Splinter Cell is another one of those highly forced games or in this case series. The industry does this a lot with these gaming media/journalists. They get them to shill the hell out of a game or franchise for awhile and then suddenly said game or franchise largely becomes irrelevant because it was never good to begin with. Even today you will see these lists have appreciation for the FF, Mario, Halo, Pokemon games and on and on. You never hear even a peep about SC ever being good because nobody actually liked those shit games.

Could've been a bug at the time of writing.

Seething contrarian, go back to /vr/

>talking shit about 80s RPGs and belittling people who think there are elements in those games that are still ahead of todays games

That is unironically the case though.
Skyrim literally peddled its NPC daycycle AI around, when the exact same thing was already realized in Ultima 5 in fucking 1988.

The only thing that got really better are production values. Often at the cost of game systems.

Which makes sense, cause if you really urgently want every fucking interaction to be correctly animated, you just won't have as many kinds of interactions.
Just like when you want every tiny shit dialogue to be voiced, you won't have as many NPCs or meaningful texts.

Attached: Ultima5.jpg (639x401, 145K)

Interestingly every time a game was shit, no matter how amazing graphics or sound it had a journo would always invent a reason why the graphics or sound are bad or mediocre just because the game was shit. Not saying Superman 64 was amazing looking game but it does bring me back and even as a kid I never got why all of them did it.

>unreal
>irrelevant

jesus

>Original Advance Wars instead of AW2
The rest of them I can at least understand being on a popular game list, but what the actual hell is the reasoning here?

Attached: 1426799305352.jpg (534x401, 28K)

They gave Advance Wars a 9.9/10, so they had no choice but to include it
Literal who garbage, nobody ever talks about Unreal Tournament or has even heard of it

I'll take that as a yes.

AW2 is objectively better though

That would be cs source friend. Yeah i went there.

Wait wait wait, UT is literal who game? What universe are you from again?

Attached: visible confusion.gif (280x302, 3.75M)

Yeah, but a reviewer should be able to contextualize a game's reputation. If they have no idea why Another World has a reputation then their job shouldn't be to talk about games.

>Advance Wars and not any of the billions of turn-based wargames that have far more complex and strategically deeper gameplay

Attached: 1554484586094.jpg (789x750, 94K)

>contra above aria of sorrow

Nigga thats so apples to oranges how do you even begin to compare them

The one where nobody ever mentions Unreal Tournament outside the contrarians on this board

>No one's heard of UT

Yikes, hello summer. I guess if you've only been on this planet for 18 years like you have, then you probably do think "no one's" heard of it, but your ignorance is showing. Just stop now, quit embarrassing yourself.

>Just like when you want every tiny shit dialogue to be voiced, you won't have as many NPCs or meaningful texts.
This is bothering me. Do you think a game with text bubbles could still be popular today? Say an MMORPG or a Final Fantasy big type of game.

goddamn

i would love to have games that have easy mode work like this just so every journo out there isnt rewarded with a proper ending

>Highly intelligent robots, these.
>Pretty unusual, this.

Do Britbongs really talk like this?

What is contrarian about liking Gothic

That were out in 2005/06? Name 5.

Yeah dude. The world is bigger than the 2 horse town your sister had you in, you know.

Literal who garbage that critics hated & normies don't know about.

Why stop at 5? Name 15

>chrono trigger
why does the easiest of all the 90s Square RPGs get touted as the best? its literally impossible to get a game over screen in CT. i'll take FF4 or 5 over it any day

This was before gaming became normified and basedified. I miss these times greatly. Not a single truly awful and offensive game with a driven political agenda in sight.

The jokes don't work if they are actually true

Ignoring that you are moving the goalpost your statement is simply not true. I remember how big it was when gaming mags were a thing.

Difficulty is irrelevant, a easy game is more enjoyable then a difficult one.

>and player freedom is gated by plot-progression-locked armour upgrades.
lol

Also, if you have beaten Gothic 1, go play Gothic 2. Gothic 1 is a pretty okay game that does some neat things and is way too janky for its own good, but is praised for its surprisingly unique setting. It also kinda falls apart towards the end.
But Gothic 2 is legitimately one of the best games of all time. I say that as someone who only just beat it like, what, 2 years ago?

Attached: 1543624342584.jpg (639x561, 115K)

>what, like 2 years ago?

Yeah that sounds about right. I think it was about 2 years ago you did that.

Thanks for playing, you meme loving fuck

You are objectively wrong in stating nobody likes the SC games today. They just arnt autistic screeches like you, so you don't hear from them as much.

>That were out in 2005/06? Name 5.
It's a list of best games of all time, not games from 2005/6.

Advance Wars is just a simplified and dumbed down version of Daisenryaku/Panzer General, there's no reason whatsoever to include it in a best game of all time list.

Thanks, I wasn't so sure, but you gave me confidence.

>That moment when you suddenly realize you're a casual shitter with bad taste and a low skill level, and this is your chosen profession

Attached: 1512664106914.png (305x385, 206K)

Not a problem. You know I always got your back.

Reminder that journalists keep asking for easy modes and skip boss buttons simply because it would make their job easier.

It shows how little they care about the quality of the products. All they want is easy work for their shitty paycheck.

gothic was critically acclaimed in europe, and the tard that made the review didnt look up the button to pick up an item so he said it was impossible.

First of all, that's 1, not a "billion". Second, try opening the image or reading the filename before making yourself look retarded

Attached: 1487185018023.png (427x634, 686K)

Found the child.
Halo was a big deal when it came out, it did console FPS in a way that hadn't been done properly before. It was polished and well done.

The problem with Halo in 2019 is that the genre has been beaten to death, as well as improved upon quite a bit. The fact that you have to question this lets us all know that you're under the age of 15.

I dont get it, mario is just moving to the right and jumping! shit game 1/10!

Attached: ign AI review.jpg (1148x516, 128K)

The funny thing about these types of lists is how you see certain games wandering up the ranks over the years, like Majora's Mask.

Well, you got me there. I absolutely agree with that.

wut. This is like having a game crashing on startup and putting out a review saying "I couldn't play it 0/10"

Based IGNpc

Can someone explain to me why burgers love Goldeneye on N64 so much?

>Loses the fear
What the fuck does that even mean?

Attached: dogma01.jpg (1600x607, 370K)

>First of all, that's 1, not a "billion".

>What is Age of Wonders
>What is Heroes of Might and Magic
>What is Jagged Alliance
>What is Alpha Centauri

>Second, try opening the image or reading the filename before making yourself look retarded
It's a list where Ocarina of Time is nr. 1. Why the fuck would you think it's about 2005 releases specifically? Advance Wars didn't come out in 2005 either.

game "journalists" should honestly be exterminated

stop it, my sides can't take any more

Attached: 1398310592314.jpg (640x480, 73K)

Wtf is this real

>I dont get it, mario is just moving to the right and jumping! shit game 1/10!
Mario is a game about platforming and it excels at that.

Explain to me with a straight face what Advance Wars does better than its wargame equivalents. It lacks basic features of the genre such as different levels of elevation.

Attached: 1523451916032.jpg (454x284, 36K)

when it was released it was ridden with bugs and even for that time super janky

SC reached it's peak with Chaos Theory and went onto a never ending downspiral since then until it got shafted. the reason why nobody talks about them is that everything about it was already said and discussed. And since it doesn't have any modability like say Thief, nothing good comes up to talk about.

Video game journalists are required to submit their reviews quickly. Therefore they immediately rush through the games on the lowest difficulty as soon as they get them so they have more time to write the review. They keep doing this for every game and never play one properly so they don't develop skill. In their free time when they could play games properly they don't because they're tired of video games. That's why games reviewers are bad at games.

You had to be there. It was a different time. Next you'll want me to explain why WCW vs. NWO games on N64 were amazing. They just were.

>Oh how times change. That garbage has no reason being on a best games ever list.
As opposed to other stealth games?

Attached: 1537541968251.jpg (1024x677, 172K)

Thanks, my eyes rolled so hard my retinas detached. How about a warning first next time?

> BBBBUBBT DOESN't COUNT
> THEY DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING, WHY DON'T THEY LIKE MY PIECE OF SHIT MEME GAME?
PC cucks are pathetic

That would be racist user.

Attached: 18 years of experience in gaming journalism.webm (640x360, 2.32M)

The multiplayer was good. That's it. The single player mode was cool and all but legit impossible without cheat codes or speedrun glitch tactics on higher levels

IGN is more Nintendo biased than even Nintendo sites

Cope AC Fag
Console gaming has always been the only relevant gaming platform for 99 % of the world, GoldenEye was the greatest Console FPS when it came out thus making it the best FPS game ever

Only zoomers could hate this list.

Who the fuck is Cooperman?

Seething Snoygger, there is no such thing as "Bias". Nintendo simply makes the best games. This has always been true, the only complaint about Nintendo is their fucking horrible hardware & stupid business decisions

>lol
It's the truth though, anywhere you're not supposed to go yet is handled by enemies oneshotting you and the only way to get around that is to upgrade your armour which can't be done until you progress the story. No, running away from everything is not a valid alternative.
>Also, if you have beaten Gothic 1, go play Gothic 2.
I did and it was definitely an upgrade but I got bored of it shortly after joining the mercenaries.

I unironically agree with this image and I absolutely love Dragons Dogma, it just doesn't have nearly enough to do in the world to justify a score higher than 7/10. Skyrim is one of the games that is closest to ever being perfect, I still play Skyrim in fact I was just playing it last night for a few hours. I would love to replay Dragon's Dogma but there just isn't anything to do through the whole world. Skyrim is just the best game of all time.

You know who he is. He's that one dude.

What?

Back when reviews were real and not just paid dick sucking

>Yea Forums acting like this list is controversial
You wouldn't have thought that if you saw this thread 10 years ago. You people just want to act outraged

My favorite Skyrim description "Wide as an ocean, deep as a puddle."

Games should not be 400 hours long just for the sake of longevity. I haven't played an Assassin's Creed game in awhile, but I played enough of them to know that's the major glaring flaw with those.

Yeah back in 1998 when we lived in a communist utopia where corruption had been eradicated and everyone was just honest and virtuous. Then you grew up and the world became shit and everyone became selfish liars. What a strange coincidence.

>TIE fighter
Based and Sienar pilled

ExDeath was in a Hero Shooter?

Yeah totally. That magazine called Nintendo Power always had the most unbiased and real video game reviews. No dick sucking whatsoever. A totally new phenomenon.

>game has a "Journalist" mode, where you cannot lose, you can skip bosses, and the ending makes fun of you

Attached: 1537029253746.jpg (1280x720, 88K)

>You wouldn't have thought that if you saw this thread 10 years ago. You people just want to act outraged

>the highest ranking stealth game is mgs, a game where you couldn't even hide bodies, a feature other stealth games have had since 1984
>the only 2 rpgs in the top 10 are titles with some of the shallowest and simplistic rpg mechanics ever

>anyone who has a problem with this 'just wants to act outraged'

Attached: 1553805098884.png (808x740, 1.09M)

I just find enjoyment differently than you I guess. I prefer an Atlantic ocean's breadth with only an inch of water in my games. I want there to be 100 different systems to achieve the exact same goal of getting a +1 weapon, I want the freedom to choose even if it doesn't actually change the eventual outcome. I love redundancy if it serves the goal of role playing and I think that radiant quests are one of the best features of Skyrim along with respawning so that you never run out of battles and every play through is slightly different.

also half life, and most shooters. it wasn't that hard of a genre unlike real time. Halo just took the formula and removed shit that wasn't needed to get to play on a controller and considering console shooters are more popular than pc shooters now, and they almost all follow the halo control scheme

It did alright

At least he loved the original title music. Most reviews are filled with bad opinions.

>also half life, and most shooters. it wasn't that hard of a genre unlike real time. Halo just took the formula and removed shit that wasn't needed

>halo: "combat evolved"
>can only carry 2 weapons at a time
>vastly slower movement speed than other fps
>relies heavily on auto-aim

Also, Master Chief:

>described as "a towering biochemically and cybernetically-enhanced supersoldier, raised and trained from an early age to be a weapon"
>moves slower than any FPS protagonist of his era, even a fucking female librarian (e.g. the protagonist of the Wheel of Time FPS) runs circles aroud him

Attached: 1552492891652.png (800x729, 48K)

>this entire fucking post

Attached: 1552860885770.jpg (596x443, 117K)

Saying a game is more popular is not a fucking argument as to why it deserves the amount of praise it gets. You're confusing causation and effect, IGNshill.

That's fair enough, I didn't mean anything by it. There's plenty of room for both types of RPG's to co-exist.

halo was more successful than your garbage overrated shit, and basically killed pc gaming until mobas came and saved it

:)

>Mgs 2 so far behind
Gay

Based. Literally the best Easy Mode implementation of all time

Yeah, if you don't know what you are doing you can just facetank stuff, sure, but the game has options to avoid damage, you know? Like blocking and dodging.
Anyway, the game is not that big, there aren't really any regions "you aren't supposed to be yet" other than the orc region, and even there you can get fairly early if you know how to utilize your spells.

>got bored of Gothic 2
Huh. Guess it makes sense that someone like you would join the mercs. Because apparently, you are scum.
All jokes aside, if you did not like ther early game in Gothic 2, like exploring the city of Khorinis, you either didn't really experiment with what you could do, or this type of game simply isn't for you. The greatest thing about Gothic 2 is its quest design, and if that didn't catch you, chances are you just don't like it.

Meh. It's probably more important as an art piece than it is for any gameplay. MGS3 did gameplay better.

With a quick look, why am I not seeing Jumping Flash or Medievil there?

>Meh. It's probably more important as an art piece than it is for any gameplay. MGS3 did gameplay better.
Then why does MGS1 rank higher than MGS3?

>Sekiro adds an ez mode
>But makes it so when you meet Owl the second time he kills you in the cutscene and the game ends there
I would be fine with that.

>Like blocking and dodging.
Let's not pretend that either of these work well enough in Gothic 1 to actually allow you to fight orcs in the early game. Gothic 1's combat is terrible.
>Gothic 2
Like I said, it was definitely an upgrade, but going to it right after finishing 1 didn't help. Also there was that one quest about the pacifism skill in the village that pissed me off because I couldn't figure out why it wouldn't work until I looked it up, and it turned out you could only use it on a few specific NPCs in specific circumstances, and one of them I'd already removed the option from and the other one was far too strong for me to beat up.

Tell me about Medievil. Never played it, don't really know anything about it, but people keep throwing it around every now and again. What does it do to earn a place in a top 100 list?

>the highest ranking stealth game is mgs, a game where you couldn't even hide bodies, a feature other stealth games have had since 1984
>implying a stealth game is made or broken on being able to hide bodies.
>the only 2 rpgs in the top 10 are titles with some of the shallowest and simplistic rpg mechanics ever
I don't look at the listing, because it's pretty much semantics anyway. What makes a game listed as number 5 but not 4? What makes a game listed on 35 instead or 34 or 36? It doesn't really matter. I was also talking about the general games on the list. To act like it's a affront to gaymers is disingenuous. Saying a game like Deus Ex is one of the best games ever is not controversial, and it's agreed upon by the vast majority. That's pretty much what this list is. Vanilla as fuck

>pacifism skill
Spell, rather.

>most cliche ever top 5
>based & redpilled

Oh that's easy. Because MGS 1 was the majority of the Western worlds first experience with a Hideo Kojima game, in an era where 3d gaming was in its' infancy, a game like MGS1 was unlike anything else those people had seen before. It's weird in all the right ways.

Yea Forums BTFO

>on this board
oh god oh jeeze we're starting to get users who are younger than Yea Forums itself oh heavens to betsy

>Let's not pretend that either of these work well enough in Gothic 1 to actually allow you to fight orcs in the early game. Gothic 1's combat is terrible.
Point taken. But you're kinda making a fuzz about the game being sequenced by difficult encounters, when that isn't really a big deal, and orcs only exist in one section of the game anyway.

>pacifism spell
I'm actually not quite sure what you mean, but I played the game in German, and I don't think I did every quest anyway.

In any case, do yourself the favour and give it another shot once you have some time on your hands and feel like it. Or, don't, not like it matters. I'm just saying that you maybe didn't have the right mindset when playing it. Some quest not working properly is not representative of the game. (There are like five different methods to get into the town at the beginning, you just gotta look for stuff like that.)
Also, if you're playing for the first time you might now want to start out with the Night of the Raven version.

>"You cheated not only the Iron Code, but yourself" in Japanese

>Oblivion on the list
>knows enough of Ultima to willingly not include the Ultima game that spawned TES series

Anyone should feel bad for including Oblivion on any list. Just because you can mod it and laugh at it's glitches doesn't make it a good game.

oot is so overrated

Absolute best 3rd person hack and slash puzzle platformer horror series in existence
unique and charming aesthetics, everything from the level designs to the characters, sounds and music
they're just a blast to play through, I keep playing them again every couple of years on an emulator, I suggest trying them

I feel like we have come full circle at this point and people just kinda have this knee jerk reaction where they criticize everyone who praises OoT too much.

Yeah I loved Gothic and Gothic II back in 2004 just to be contrarian, even though I didn't even frequented video game forums, who would have known.

>FF7, Fallout and motherfucking Deus Ex that low
>no PS:T
>2 fucking zeldas in the top 10
Terrible list.

>But you're kinda making a fuzz about the game being sequenced by difficult encounters, when that isn't really a big deal
It is when people emphasise the freedom as a selling point of the game.
>and orcs only exist in one section of the game anyway.
Orcs were one example, there are plenty of strong enemies stopping you from going to certain areas before each armour upgrade tier. Bandits to the south, dinosaurs to the west, skeletons in the north-west. I don't remember much about the eastern side of the map aside from it having the mine and mercenary base. In any case my problem isn't about enemies in areas being strong and requiring better gear, but specifically that getting better armour is tied to plot progression and you can never get better armour without progressing the plot even though you can find better weapons without restriction. I guess they probably did it to manage exp since the enemies all respawn each chapter.
>I'm actually not quite sure what you mean, but I played the game in German, and I don't think I did every quest anyway.
It's the magician's approval quest.

He didn't, reviewers don't really beat the games they review.

>>based & redpilled
This is contrarianism, your arguments solely are about "POPULAR BAD" "NICHE GOOD"

This place has gone to shit and I don't want anything to do with you fucking fornite kids, I'm so done.

Keep crying contrarian, you are just as bad as those SJWs you attack since all you do is find things to be outraged about. Your opinions have never been shared by anyone outside of yourself, your favorite games are nowhere as good as you believe they are

>kids from the 90s
>respect classics and play them to understand why they are so beloved
>kids from the 2000s
>HURR OLD GAME GOOD, YOU FAGGOTS ARE JUST CONTRARIAN ALL GAMES MADE BEFORE 2010 ARE COMPLETE SHIT
What happened?

fucking zeldas in the top 10
Nothing wrong with that. Especially since they are entirely different games.

Based

But games like zelda or super mation 64 aged like shit and are barely playable by modern standards
They are contradicting themself here

>muh super nintendo

i dont miss this era of circlejerking

I will be totally honest, I beat gothic 1 and fucking loved it. I played 2 and loved it, but got to the island final level part and stopped for some reason after like 80 hours

Well I mean, at that part you experience the best of Gothic anyway. If there is one thing Piranha Bytes sucks at, it's making a good ending to their games.

The island at the end of Gothic 2 is essentially just a place for you to live out your power fantasy due to how fucking strong you have become at that point.

DD is the definition of a 7/10

>Contrarians
People like Eurojank because they're creative and take risks gameplay wise. About half the games on the IGN list have shit for gameplay and are only on the list because of the "cinematic" nostalgia experience

But that is not true. Only thing that aged about Mario 64 is the camera, and that isn't really an important aspect for most of the game - and even then, it is not unusable, just dated.

The game did have a problem that towards the end the Alien became very predicatable and with your items at hand you could always either distract or fight it off to a point. But calling that "loses the fear" is just dumb.

> MUH CREATIVE
Means nothing, they all have shit gameplay. Not a single Eurojank game is good. The only people that defend them are jaded nostalgia fags or contrarians. Which is why you are bitter & cry about console games that have actually aged well & claim "Nostalgia".

>skyrim has better gameplay then DD
Thanks for the laugh, I needed that.

Ah yeah that would be why, the appeal was the struggle and I already felt like I got my reward for becoming powerful.

Templars are the best faction basically in any rpg imo, just so aesthetic

No shit its dated, thats my point, modern standards
By modern standards its shit, so you cant at same time give games like mario a pass and claim those dang early rpgs and mmos are dated

Attached: gtavre.png (941x343, 48K)

Why do they keep doing this? Is it really all paid reviews?

Attached: trusty critics.png (718x450, 354K)

>10/10
>has a flaw major enough to note in the summary

sparse should be changed to " no story " and meaningful complexity should be changed to " complexity if you want "

Attached: 1550129274003.jpg (2560x1440, 2.4M)

Gothic is one of the worst fucking games I have ever played. It has garbage controls, garbage combat, boring story and terrible world exploration.

All the positive reviews boil down to
DUDE YOU GET PUNCHED IN THE FACE IN THE BEGINNING. IT IS SO HARDCORE.

it is a shit game vastly outmatched by morrowind at the time and is even shitier now.
inb4 MUH NPCS HAVE SCHEDULES

yeah because there are only 10 of them and none of the giant world morrowind has.

get fucked contrarian and hardcore fags.

To be fair, gothic 1 is borderline unplayable with the oddest control scheme in human history

>What's IGN's problem?
They haven't been paid to review the game.
IGN is legitimately corrupt, you can buy their opinion.

fucking brainlet
youtube.com/watch?v=1PcUQQOODv0

Yes, all of their 10/10 reviews for AAA games since Gen 6 have been paid off, aside from TLOU, RDR1, GTA V, BOTW & Mario Odyssey since they genuinely consider them among the best games ever made

it's actually pretty intuitive once you get it and literally, if you think it's a problem you didn't spend the slightest amount of time trying to understand it

COPE, paid reviews didn't exist until 2007 when gaming became a major monopoly. Gothic is genuinely horrible

What an arse.

dude. morrowind. is actual. garbage. It's garbage. It is. Garbage.
This guy right here, this video.

btw I am the pinned comment lmfao

Attached: 1550920231663.gif (470x437, 1.55M)

>rewarding intelligence and creativity in a way few games do
>oi boss, emmerich is in a base crossing this valley, go find that faggot
> realize that you can shorten the way even more if you climb up some hills instead
>spent 10 minutes like an autist finding a way to climb them, realizing that the only way to go to emmerich's place is going through that valley
>reach there and quiet starts shooting at me
it was hard to realize that this shit was more linear that i expected

Don't give up hope user-kun. There's still some of us left. We'll be just fine.

>KNows the exact year video game journos lowered their ethical standards and suddenly started accepting bribes

I'm pressing X to doubt, my dude.

go fuck yourself. it has dogshit controls
>BUT MUH INTUITIVE
by that standard superman 64 has intuitive controls as long as you get used to them. there is no reason for the controls to be as shit as they are. other rpgs released at the same time have far better controls.

Man, all GTA games were a great ride.

that isn't even gothic 1 you retards. and gothic 2 is still shit compared to morrowind

Attached: IGN Morrowind.png (900x430, 52K)

If you really think gothic is a good game please kill yourself. It's only a game liked by contrarians because MUH SECRRRRRET GAME HUH HUH HUH".

I feel attacked

ARE YOU READY FOR

Attached: are you ready.png (967x534, 698K)

Remember when that tranny at Gamespot got fired for giving it a 9/10 or some other ridiculously low score like that for GTA? Good times!

Attached: D5E37220-734B-4BC9-9AF4-A82180DB02EC.png (500x771, 546K)

>gameplay: 9.5

Attached: what the hell.jpg (570x385, 89K)

This nigga played the shitty ps2 port

Attached: 1523891896831.png (1000x988, 753K)

remember when this was posted on Yea Forums?

Attached: Captur1e.png (1165x541, 1.04M)

Based and redpilled. Game was shit. I still have it on my ps2 hd that i rippes from a gamefly rental. Niggas are forcing Shinobi an even shittier game on here now too.

>inability to pick up items
Damn, i didn't know journalists were retarded back in the day too.