What caused Ace Attorney to lose it's soul?

what caused Ace Attorney to lose it's soul?

Attached: athena cykes ace attorney.png (700x628, 513K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OvQcmmuelyU
youtube.com/watch?v=_sPsqFhdeD4
youtube.com/watch?v=NA-tSeu4MTA
youtube.com/watch?v=2sNgB-j3fd0
youtu.be/_uLxzHOje5o
youtube.com/watch?v=HvIbsInfbDI
youtu.be/PUB5dBRwXGk
youtu.be/limk0rP4NwY
youtube.com/watch?v=F3CBC1ip7uA
youtu.be/Rr9AVYDEeMQ
youtu.be/1RaG123x_wU
youtu.be/62LI-8UtIbU
twitter.com/takumi_gt/status/1061249753621512193?s=19
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Lack of Takumi

nothing, soj is soul. only 4-5 are soulless

>Klavier

Please no.

Also, it didn't. It has a new writer, but Turnabout Reclaimed, Turnabout Storyteller, and Turnabout Revolution are absolute kino.

I mean 4 had Takumi and it was the worst.

Devs ran out of ideas a long time ago. New games just recycle earlier plotlines and twists over and over again with a different cast of characters who themselves are just recycled versions of older characters.

DGS is pretty bad too, Ghost Trick was the last good thing he did seemingly.

4's a weird case, if you look at the credits the director is some guy unrelated to the rest of AA called Mitsuru Endo, then under Planners you have Yamazaki and some other guy, and Takumi's simply credited with being the creator of the AA franchise as a whole further into the credits. Takumi definitely was involved in it but I don't think it had a straightforward development at all (hell we know that Takumi didn't want to make AA4 at all originally)

>Original trilogy
>Soulful, great and interesting characters, excellent cases, solid overarching story, extremely satisfying ending

>2nd Trilogy
>None of this

sigh

Attached: 9CA5BEE7-7653-46BE-85B2-0286CF9B08BA.jpg (1094x1096, 282K)

Muh legal revolution

Danganronpa is better.

They’re different enough that they can’t really be compared user, you can play both comfortably

why the fuck wouldn't blackquill be on there

why the fuck

Original trilogy was hit-or-miss with it's cases too. I feel like it also took itself less seriously than the later games do though, which can be a good thing or a bad thing depending on what you like I guess. "Rescuing the legal system" is some weird recurring motif now that wasn't really present before.

It does a few specific gameplay/mechanics-related things better in my opinion, that much is hard to deny.

Stop trying to force this "ace attorney is bad and Yea Forums hates it" propaganda you cunt

Anyone else out there who would gladly take AA7 being AJ2 if Horiyama composes the whole OST?

What? 6 Is better than 5, 4 and 2.

>DD wasn't the embodiment of shit

>most dry and bland side character
>give her a stand-alone game
oh god no

Fatigue? I'm kinda bored with it.

>no solid overatching story
>what's apollo

>original trilogy
>1 is good, best was 5 case
>2 is shit except for final case
>3 is amazing except for case 3
>6 is fuckin amazing

What are you talking about? SoJ was the best AA game in a long time.

Attached: spirit of justive cover.jpg (948x843, 172K)

Cancerous idiots who want Klavier to be in the series at all.

Attached: 20190414_144853.png (767x470, 312K)

Why does people say DGS is pretty bad, I thought it was fun as fuck and tried to break the pattern a little bit. It while it didn't have higher highs, it didn't have lower lows. it was simply consistently good. While it didn't make me lose my shit it was still a great game, the characters were fun, the atmosphere was kino and the soundtrack is godlike.

I agree that hanging threads are not the best but the game is clearly built with a sequel in mind so as long as 2 is good I'm good.

6 only had two good cases in it, the second and the third ones.

4 and DGS have abysmal cases.

Why are Klavier and Apollo there if it's an Athena game?

A character whose backstory was spread unevenly 3 games with details that have basically nothing to do with each other

6 had case 1, 3, 5 that all together were fucking kino and it was the best thing to happen to ace attorney franchise since aai2.

too bad they HAD to fill 6-2 and 6-4 with boring and irrelevant trash, otherwise aa6 would be the best aa game

They're the main antagonist

At least 6-2 is pretty good and the bad guy is great.
6-4 is utter trash though.

I feel like no matter what aa7 happens to be about, apollo will show up in the final case

still the best in the series, has yet to be topped

Attached: Gk2_boxartjp.jpg (730x659, 122K)

6-1 and 6-5 sucked though.

The Rakugo case is the best on 3DS.

still not localized

>he doesn't know

>DGS is pretty bad too, Ghost Trick was the last good thing he did seemingly.
I like the new additions he added to the trials in DGS. I was upset that the new AA games dropped the multiple witness thing from PWvsPL

>dislikes case 2
>but likes case 1 and case 5 because muh shitty overarching story
AAI2's the only AA that does the overarching story thing well, might actually be because it doesn't try to tie multiple court trials to the plot perhaps. Not saying there can't be any sort of ongoing narrative of any sort but it doesn't need to always be secretly interconnected through conspiracy or whatever the fuck.

Don't see what you mean, the new games are pretty good. They introduce cool new mechanics like Mood Matrix and Divination Seances. DD handled the introduction of new characters better then they did with Apollo imo. SoJ has some really good cases. They're not as high as 1,2 or I2 but still pretty close.

Also I would play an Athena game if only she has Franszika as a rival and Gumshoe for the detective

3 > I2 > 1 > 6 > 5 > 2 > > I1 > 4

Attached: 1555264142981.png (1853x3000, 3.01M)

6-1 was the best intro case of the franchise, and 6-5 was the best case of all games, so if they sucked i don't know why you waste your time on ace attorney

If it stinks it's probably the butts.

>shitting on Furio Tigre

this guy hates fun

When does DGS get shit?
I'm on the third case now and so far, so good

It's good until the end, the game never gets shit, it's a meme. Beware the game is written with the sequel in mind.

>dies
kino end desu

>and 6-5 was the best case of all games
Not him but 6-5 was possibly worst final case in the entire series in my opinion, even ones that get hated on all the time like 4-4 and 5-5 had some sort of distinctive or high point to it. The only way I could see someone liking 6-5 that much is if that they disliked every character in the game except for Apollo and didn't really care what happened as long as he got to be the hero (even though that was done better earlier in this same game), somehow.

>AAI2's the only AA that does the overarching story thing well
that's why it's best game of the franchise, with aa1/aa3/aa6 coming next because all those games has overarching plot but only for 2/3 of the game

actually i enjoyed 6-2, but i wanted to know what will happen in kurain and not the mundane shit back in "america". they kinda felt like forced fillers to separate the 3 main cases

Mood Matrix was simplistic padding and Divination was extremely hit and miss. I'm okay with Apollo, but the 3D games are extremely lacking in soul.

You're past the worst case in the game already.

I get why people dislike it though, it's overarching story is trash. Look at how important an overarching story is for people just in this thread alone. It has mostly fun characters Iris is shit though which is what carries it, what people here tend to like is the opposite of that.

Nothing, SoJ is really good.

6-5 had tons of memorable moments, and unlike 1-5 it never become boring or felt way too long.

6-5 was alright but just way too long, had a lot of dull parts to it that no one ever talks about

apollo's "power" was the shittiest one. even if the mood matrix was also shit, at least it tried at being something more intricate.

divination seance was perfect

the new trilogy falls flat because they didnt prune the old characters but instead repurposed them. if you make a new saga with fresh cast dont put old cast in as well at least not in all 3 games. maybe just the first one to pass on the torch but the old cast seriously overstays their welcome and by spirit of justice wright and maya have completely hijacked the series again

Mood Matrix not having any penalty is the only thing wrong with it.

The cases aren't well thought out, and Rinnosuke has almost less agency than Apollo in 4. Way too many hanging threads by the end which makes the journey there much less enjoyable.

It's easy to say this with hindsight but I feel like AA4 shouldn't have had Apollo in it and have Nick's last game be about him changing the legal system. Bring the new cast in alongside whatever the new legal system is, it'd help the new cast actually feel new and different too.

I couldn’t finish Dual Destinies because the second case was too long and by the third case I was already burnt out.

This. We may not always like new characters as much as the old ones, but they need to have faith in their own characters and let them carry the story on their own, If you put Phoenix in the game in any way, I'm gonna want to play as him

I honestly forgot about Apollo's eyesight, it wasn't very good either but comparing shit to slightly different shit doesn't matter much.
Divination was fucking bullshit though, more than half the time it's cryptic as fuck or overly specific. It's even worse being a video since there are way more places to hide the right answer.

>Rinnosuke has almost less agency than Apollo in 4
I don't think we played the same game.

>and Rinnosuke has almost less agency than Apollo in 4
Not true, he grows through a very blatant growth and does plenty of shit all by himself. It's probably the most well-executed aspect of the game.

>You're past the worst case in the game already.
I agree it wasn't great, but the way it was presented was nice. The Deductions stuff really made it tolerable.
I imagine it being like AAI and it just wouldn't have had the same effect

6 had the best use of the old cast by making Pearl and Edgeworth only show up when it made sense for them to do so, and they don't strongarm their way into the game like Edgeworth did at the end of 5.

Fair enough, I never put much effort into it because of that.

>fans complain about the old character
>the only game that tried starting anew was utter trash
>old characters are back
>suddenly aa is good again
apollo was a mistake, they've should keep pumping out phoenix wright's games

So Maya is the soul, then?

If it's the Japanese village case, I also quit at that and only managed be motivated enough to play it a year later. It's a terrible case, and the one after is very long as well. Still, I'm glad I finished it. After hearing how bad the game was on Yea Forums constantly, I had low expectations and was surprised by how good the final case was.

>putting Klavier there instead of Blackquill
I fucking hate the Ace Attorney fandom with passion. It is full of autistic idiots like you morally equivalent to ponyfags.

i very rarely got stuck with the divination, and the fact that it was a video that you had to crossreference with the testimony was the best thing ever, since it was the first game where you simply can't present every evidence until you got it right, but you were forced to think

I think Ace Attorney became too over the top as the series progressed. I mean, it always was wacky, but the tone of 1-3, even 4, was a lot more grounded than what came after.

I liked Pearl in DD's dlc case personally. Whereas I didn't like her in SoJ at all.

I think fans of Ace Attorney would enjoy Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishment. It's a very good game, that implements player choice in a very good way for a detective game.

>Faggot suddenly play trilogy on console

>They think they can judge the 3DS games

Lol no go fuck yourself trilogy fags

5-5 was also souls, so i guess it's the fey family's blood that's soul

pretty sure the devs have said that phoenix being everywhere is because of Capcom meddling

Uh what, SoJ was a purported Phoenix game that turned into an Apollo game. Maya's actions were even in service of the Apollo story.

>it was the first game where you simply can't present every evidence until you got it right, but you were forced to think
This would be fine if there weren't 5 slides with 5 different senses each to look for at any given time.

because aa4 was trash*

I played the trilogy in 2014 and I think it’s clearly better than 4, 5, 6

Spirit of justice was extreme soul because it actually made use of its diverse cast thought the entire game with each case giving you a different combination of interactions

The DLC wedding case shat the bed though

Different role, she was basically your assistant in the dlc case. In general she's an underrated assistant too. Ideally these games would be primarily Apollo or Athena in the player character status with whoever as their assistant, and Phoenix w/Pearls working on stuff in the background and maybe being playable for a single section here and there.

Attached: aaz9a1nmseo8og4ososgkoks0.jpg (432x243, 114K)

Nothing wrong with repurposing old characters. Not all came back and others like Miles, Maya and Ema moved on in ways that made sense for them.

>Lose it's soul
When did the series become conservative?

That’s incorrect because the last game of every arc was Kino and easily top 3

AAI2 SoJ and T&T were absolutely amazing

>SoJ had proper Maya writing despite not making much appearances, what she did and said mattered.

>The DLC decides to revert her back to trilogy personality which was easily her worst performance in any game

Never listen to nostalgia fags

>SoJ had proper Maya writing
SoJ Maya was shit

>people shitting 2 and praising 6
I'm literally disgusted

What's your favorite AA twist that didn't come from a final case?

SoJ DLC case is shit and just panders to trilogy nostalgiafagging.

Bizarre how a mediocre game like DD had an amazing DLC case, while a good game like SoJ had a terrible one.

That scene where Apollo and Athena walked in on Maya doing cock and ball torture on phoenix was a huge twist, never expected it and it really changed my outlook on the final case

Most overrated game in the series.
I'll repeat it again.

Simon.
Is.
The.
Worst.
Final.
Boss.
In.
The.
Series.

>B-b-b-but Kristophf!
A corrupt defense attorny who learned how to manipulate the system to his whim.

>The phantom!
A secret agent operative who's been right under your nose for the entire game and was willing to do anythig to cover his tracks.

>The Queen!
Power Hungry to the point she was willing to murder her own system and manipulate her after she survived. Created the highest stakes of the series where she could change the laws at will to stymie you and could have you executed at any moment.

Simon was just some butthurt kid who got abandoned and managed to manipulate the people who were after him over a mistake by dumb luck.

>wright and maya have completely hijacked the series again
I don't think Maya hijacked the game at all, felt like she was an afterthought in that game
Also Wright was basically reverse-AJ'd, built up rapport with Khurain's cast all game only to have that dropped in the end and for him to be a useless retard in the final case while another character does everything. No one seems to mind though since Apollo "deserves it" (don't really agree with the whole thought process behind that personally but I get where those people are coming from)

That's a good thing, some of it was really vague and I needed to guess, a penalty system would have been annoying as fuck.

>SoJ DLC case is shit and just panders to trilogy nostalgiafagging.
I think I might've enjoyed it if it pandered to nostalgiafagging decently. Nick, Maya and Edgeworth felt like weird parodies of how they were in the early games, basically all the complaints people had about AA5 Nick being flanderized cranked up to 11 for all three of those characters. I remember people saying that the case had a different main writer or something though so there's that.

Just so you guys know, a new guy wrote Turnabout Storyteller and the Wedding DLC and he’s most likely going to be the new writer for the next game

cringe
klavier is based

I think the Khuranin give Apollo slack because he's the son of Dhurke. Given what Dhurke has done for the people.

>Turnabout Storyteller
The man who gave us "Simon shits on everyone and it was great" case?
Sign me up for more.

I didn't mind Apollo hijacking the game for his own development because Nick kind of did it to him in 4.

If a case like 6-2 was in AJ I'd probably have a much different opinion of that game.

>tfw personally really liked 5 and 6 and everyone else shits on it

I like Apollo and Athena's stories, the phantom was a neat twist and Khura'in was pretty cool, and the gameplay additons where nice in both titles

Attached: 1554579838547.jpg (400x240, 20K)

Nothing, Dual Destinies is good and Spirit of Justice is great, looking forward to the next mainline entry.

I wish that mainline would incorporate elements from the Investigations games though. Not just story but also gameplay. Logic is the best gimmick in the whole franchise, and freeroam investigations are more enjoyable than first-person pixel hunts. Plus I would love to see some characters return like Courtney and Debeste.

The Investigations director took over mainline so it's not like he's unaware.

The wedding DLC was shit but the Rakugo case was a great filler that helped bridge the gap for Simon and Athena.

he gave us based uendo so no objections

I don't think I've ever seen anyone complain about Wright arguably was acting out-of-character for the purposes of 6-5's narrative, we've seen what he does when he's been blackmailed into that exact same situation earlier in the series and that wasn't how he acted in the end. I suppose that instead of being out-of-character you could say that he's just redressing as a character though.

I do think the Simon encounter could have gone on longer (I think they overreacted to complaints about Alba), but hyperfocusing on that while ignoring the rest of the game's arc is retarded.

> and freeroam investigations are more enjoyable than first-person pixel hunts
It's functionally the same thing though.

>I would love to see some characters return like Courtney and Debeste.
>Obstruction bitch and the retarded kid
>Back
No

The problem is Simon doesn't feel like a big threat or a real mastermind. He basically just figured out what everyone was doing, and then sent out notes to play on their paranoia to have them murder each other. It's just dull compared to everyone else.

And let's face it, AAI games were always trash because they lack proper pacing. PW games have investigation and Courtroom parts. Investigation is just investigation and the cross-examination all rolled into one.

he was literally the joker of ace attorney

Agree here. I'd rather see Kay before those two any day.

It would be interesting to see her grown up as a prosecutor like her father or maybe a detective who uses Little Thief to solve cases.

lack of pic related

Attached: 1529077530631.jpg (1566x3162, 273K)

>Dress up like a clown
>He's the joker!
Uhhhhh.....

Athena is fucking boring and Phoenix going back to his old self was an awful move

I want to touch Athena's hair.

simon is far better then kristopf, that detective fuck, and the queen. but that is not what makes this game so good, it's the fact that it is the most consistent ace attorney game ever made, every case is good. It doesnt hold your hand, the gimmick is actually fun, it has edgeworth, and great callbacks to older games. Not to mention it has one of the best prosecutors in the series, Sebastian is a fantastic character

Attached: edge.jpg (512x384, 50K)

>and Rinnosuke has almost less agency than Apollo in 4
Apollo in his debut game didn't go out of his way to learn law in a mere forty days to ensure his best friend's dreams as an attorney would live on. Ryuunosuke had plenty of agency.

Give your ideas on how they should do the rival prosecutor in the next game

Attached: Prosecutors-e1475582988254.jpg (1280x720, 96K)

>Little Thief
God I hated that thing. Edgeworth and Kay getting forbidden to investigate the scene set her up to do some actual thief shit, like sneaking in and investigating the scene anyway, which also could have made her interactions with Edgeworth more interesting as he'd be chewing her out about that crap and unsure whether he could use what she uncovered in good conscience
Instead she just happens to have a piece of magic tech that's unbelievable even by Ace Attorney standards, a literal portable holodeck

Attached: 1291449449773.jpg (444x322, 22K)

>>The phantom!
>someone defending the fucking phantom OF ALL THINGS

God, what a terrible timeline I have to live. DD is awful writing and anime plot: the game

>game is based on apollo again
>main prosecutor is a milf who flashes you in court to distract you and sucks your dick every time you beat her

Attached: AB526D02-966A-49F8-9788-8338E97DF031.jpg (598x533, 300K)

>The problem is Simon doesn't feel like a big threat
>threat
What you want him to do? Shit out extraterritorial shotguns?
>He basically just figured out what everyone was doing, and then sent out notes to play on their paranoia to have them murder each other.
Just like Mastermind... woah...
>It's just dull compared to everyone else.
He got an actual motive.
>And let's face it
...you are faggot.

One that doesn't have a personal connection to the defense and is just a dick for dick's sake

Give the character the same approach as Blackquill. He plays an adversarial role but he also doesn't outright cheat or hide things like early Edgeworth, Manfred, and Franzy did. There's a balance between that and then outright helping you along like Klavier.

Nahyuta was neat but his song was more memorable than most of what he did.

Depends who the protag is this time.

>if it's Wright
bastard child he had when travelling Europe, forcing on-screen Wright-Trucy interactions for once

>Apollo
Basically a Khurain version of Barnham

>Athena
I guess someone fanatical? Mood matrix wouldn't work on someone who is deluded about what they believe in, right?

It's not like it asspulls any info, Edgeworth making a mental recretion of the crime scene would do the job just fine, Little thief was just an excuse to have multiple characters be able to talk in the recreation scenes while also being able to make the recretion use the same gameplay as the normal investigations
It may be unrealistic but the rest of the gimmicks asspull information out of thin air, so they are worse

gee shipshape, how come you get to have two orcas?

I absolutely hated the dynamic between Klavier and Apollo. I feel like they were trying to rehash the "Prosecutor is better than you" idea without adding Edgeworth's moments of weakness and levity. Even when you hold Klavier against the ropes, the camera pans back to him and he's looking smug/solemn or playing his air guitar, showing that he was always in control and he was willing to condemn an innocent person or let a guilty one get away because Apollo couldn't solve it on his own.
I was okay with Phoenix being shat on by everyone because, at the end of each case, he would recover his dignity and the respect of the others.
Apollo ended each case happy that he had succeded at all and without the satisfaction of seeing the smug asshole being caught off guard. Because Klavier was ALWAYS a step ahead and knew what was going on.
To any starting game devs who are stupid to come around here for advice. Keep this one to heart. You can take away the satisfaction of winning away from the player to make a point, do so sparingly. Very sparingly

Can't comment on the following games. Do they do away with this dynamic?
Also, i am trash because Maya is my favorite character and i really don't care much about playing as Phoenix without Maya around as i like their interactions. But that's on me

>Simon doesn't feel like a real mastermind
nigger what?
He manages to pull off all the manipulations that lead to the crimes in a way that feels natural while leaving behind so few evidence that until the last case it doesn't become aparent he did it
You can dislike him all you want but he is the biggest mastermind in the entire series

DD has Edgeworth 2.0 as the prosecutor
SoJ has someone who shomehow is even worse than Klavier
DGS has a nice Von Karma that barely gets caught off guard( in fact, in his first case he loses but never has a "oh shit I'm losing" animation) but is still very good

Attached: 👌.gif (256x192, 494K)

>Muh Rayfa flashback repeated ad nauseam in an attempt to make Maya seem more mature despite being the same otherwise
>proper Maya writing

Van Zieks is scarily competent. He manages to be a very intimidating rival.

AJ was the start of the end. Forcing a new protagonist into the spotlight when no one wanted him and then forcefully adding in new backstory for him every game to the point he somehow knows or is related to every major character and conspiracy just makes for forced contrivances in narrative cohesion.

I think we need to go back to basics and finish Phoenix's new story or just prune everything and go to an entirely new cast.

maybe that's how it'll work if it gets an anime

we need a last trilogy, with 1 game being focused on athena, another one of phoenix, and the last one where all 3 die

I love Athena!

Attached: Athena.gif (305x240, 758K)

Calm down Apollo

too busy having Gumshoe's children

Mainly through blind luck and relying on other people through said luck. To call him a mastermind exaggerates what he did greatly because it was just a revenge plot and not something greater than that. If they had it end at the chief prosecutor it would have had more satifaction because that was a real conspracy.

Even though I really liked SoJ for the time I was playing it, I couldn't finish the last case because I can't stand the prosecutor. I don't even know how much he's in it, but I figured he'd be in it a lot, so I didn't bother.

I'm also kind of sick of secret parents and siblings and I'm pretty sure that's where it was leading.

Attached: cat.jpg (501x544, 66K)

I thought 6 was excellent, t b h
>Plus I would love to see some characters return
Where the FUCK is Franny???

>SoJ has someone who shomehow is even worse than Klavier
I liked him

>Turnabout Storyteller
I hope the prosecutor for the new game has more personality than fucking nahyutrash

Giddy up!

Attached: GIDDYUP.gif (256x192, 969K)

I just want a prosecutor who is doing his job and being a dick, they don't have to have a personnel connection to the character

He would've stayed in grorious Los Japones if he felt that way

there is a solid fan translation

Demon-controlled Maya as prosecutor

Gumshoe got sick and tired of being shat on and become a prosecutor to get some respect.
Still gets shat on.

Punisher-like. Someone who doesn't have a gripe with the defense or any sort of connection, but has a tragic backstory. Hates criminals because of what they did to him. Killed his daughter/wife or something dark.

>case 2
>good
>doesn't hold your hand
>logic chess doesn't hold your hand
>sebastian anything other than a larry-esque filler character for most of the game

New series completely lack the GBA aesthetic which is the back one of Ace Attorney series. Also, Capcom really angered the fans by not allowing GK2 into the US/EU market. Most of the fanfom were pissed off and left afterwards.

>>sebastian anything other than a larry-esque filler character for most of the game
now you are just too obvious

who cares, everyone who was interested already played the fan translation

>haha listen to my logical argument
>its not logical, adds nothing to the mystery, nothing to anyone's character or anything to the game at all, subtracts a considerable amount of time from my life
>repeat several times over the course of the game

It's pretty clear that the developers don't really know what to do with it anymore. Plenty of franchises outstay their welcome like this.

>New series completely lack the GBA aesthetic which is the back one of Ace Attorney series
What do you mean?
I suppose character design has gone down in some instances.
Haven't really had that issue in AA6, DGS, or PWvPL.
AAI 1 and 2, as well as AA5 were mostly shit, however.
Kay a best

Maybe this isn't the right place to ask, but can anyone tell me how to get DGS running on citra

Athena is cute! CUTE!

Yikes. Imagine thinking 6 is anywhere near as soul as 4.

It's not about character modelling or design. It's just that all that HD, 3D stuff really kills off the original atmosphere of those games.

a cool soundfont and a more atmospheric courtroom color scheme don't make a game soulful

I liked both SoJ and DGS1
although the overarching narratives in them were both sort of underwhelming (for different reasons), but that's always been a weak point in these games I feel

The cases in 4 are better, besides 4-3 anyway.

aa6 graphics/animation are literally perfect in 1080p, i wouldn't ask more from a visual novel.

the main problem is what this guy said: the devs tried pretty much everything: introducing new protagonists, bringing back old ones, dick prosecutors, bro prosecutors, female judges, etc....

i think they did the right move with completely changing the setting like in dsg, but they also did the same in soj and it was way more successful because of the old characters.

so, imo, what they need to do is to make another time jump, give a proper growth arc to athena, bring back more old character (gumshoe and franziska come to mind) and to move forward with the story

Apollo is trash and Athena is plain as fuck. They should make good, new characters before even considering removing Wright.

NAME A WORSE CHARACTER

Attached: tumblr_oqdsy7Z7s11rqp6teo1_250[1].gif (250x149, 738K)

all cases in aa4 are full of plotholes. the only redeemable ones are 4-1 and 4-4 and it's because phonix wright is in both.

6 is the most soul game of the new trilogy

The problem I think is people loved the Dhalia story too much.

AA1 and AA2's overarching story was moreso a thematic thing. Edgeworth has to come to grips with his life and what it means to prosecute in 1, and Phoenix has to learn what it means to defend in 2. 3 wraps up their world and Maya's past. But people just think WOAH COOL GHOST GIRL and now we're stuck with overarching "villains" that get shittier each time.

The main problem is that it took too long to establish who Apollo was. And then we had Athena's backstory added in as well. And then they still wanted to make games for Phoenix, so he has to keep looking like an amateur long past when he should.

Also, the series feels like it ramped up the goofiness to Danganronpa levels recently.

>Capcom really angered the fans by not allowing GK2 into the US/EU market. Most of the fanfom were pissed off and left afterwards
I remember the shitfest in Court Records forums at that time. Fun times indeed.

Also, Kay Faraday is still the most underrated character in overall series. I wish they could more focus on her instead of that boring Kurain bullshit.

Nope. SoJ is worst than AA5 and even then, AA5 is only good because of 5-3 and 5-5 and of course, BlackQuil. SoJ is just nostalgia pandering to people who played the original trilogy.

>Also, Kay Faraday is still the most underrated character in overall series. I wish they could more focus on her instead of that boring Kurain bullshit.
BRING
HER
BACK

4-2 is fucking awful too. You spent half the time talking about Trucy's panties and having to deal with shitters like Stickler and Wocky.

4-1 is a great case the first time you play it but if you really think about it, nothing Nick or Zak did really made any sense.

Official phoenix ranking:
3>1>6>AAI2>DGS>4>AAI1>5>2

Blame Capcom for forcing them to add Phoenix. Even though Hobo Phoenix is best Phoenix.

I actually wouldn't mind playable Athena with Nick in the assistant/mentor backseat personally. We had that for a couple scenes in AA5 and it was nice, brings out an interesting side in Nick that we don't see much while not overshadowing Athena either.

Kay's alright but a shit partner for Edgeworth in my opinion, they've got virtually no chemistry with each other. She'd be better off being Gumshoe's assistant or something.

Attached: TrainAttorney.jpg (500x667, 51K)

6-1, 6-3 and 6-5 together are better that all aa5 combined. nostalgia has nothing to do with it, because phoenix, athena and apollo are in both games, and kurain is a completely new setting. the only "nostalgia" thing is maya because edgeworth don't count since the whole last case was shit, but she wasn't the main reason soj is considered one of the best games in the series (plus aa5 had pearl and edgeworth too)

Was she right?

Attached: floaty.jpg (400x92, 45K)

Adding Phoenix doesn't give Takumi a free pass to make two fucking terrible cases.

AAI2>AA3=AA6=AA1>AA5>AA2>AA4>AAI

The first trilogy was pretty cohesive now when I think about it. It explored both sides of prosecution and defense and what each role means in the greater context of the justice system. The main characters were tied back to these themes in some way even fluff like Godot and Franziska.

AJ1 brought it back again with themes of corruption that were already explored in AA1 Case 5 and on top of that had no idea where to go with Apollo's character.

4-2 is actually good though. It's a fun little case with memorable moments and doesn't over stay it's welcome like most of the cases in AA2, AA6 and AA5. Better than 4-3, 5-3 and 2-3 by a long shot.

Attached: 1551034856231.png (446x435, 79K)

Playing AA6 right now. Is there any DLC bullshit like AA5? Am I missing something if I don't care about DLC?

>Also, Kay Faraday is still the most underrated character in overall series. I wish they could more focus on her instead of that boring Kurain bullshit.
absolutely based opinion

Attached: kay.png (750x460, 295K)

being better "by a long shot" that the 3 worst cases of the whole franchise isn't saying much, really

dlc i meh, just enjoy the main game

It's not a Takumi game

4 above anything
4 above DD and AAI 1
Shit taste

This, actually Payne in 3-1 is one of the best prosecutors in the series.

Just pirate it, it's the 3ds

>it's a "judge asks if the statement is important enough to add to the testimony" episode

This animation was so fucking over the top and retarded for no reason at all. I really don't get it. It's not at all related to his character gimmick either.

Cringe and most definitely bluepilled.

>It's a "you not only have to disprove the prosecutor's case but also find the real murderer for him" episode

What filler cases are good.

1-3
2-3
3-2
4-3
AAI-3
AA12 -3
5-2
6-3

KINO:
AAI2-3
Playable:
1-3
AAI1-3

Rest unplayable.

Is there ever a time it wasn't?

Do you think they will continue to make ace attorney games? It will obviously be on the switch, but I wonder if they will be much different because of that.

What a role reversal that would be. Wright's now like in Mia's shoes as a mentor. If they don't do any dumb asspull for Athena or Wright's backstory then I'd be game

>it's a "you can only press one specific statement, and pressing any other gets you a penalty" episode

2-2 was was the best case though.

They confirmed a while back that AA7 is in the works, we know nothing about it though

Play DGS, you fucks.

>literally anything happens in the 3ds game court
>gives a "watchers are murmuring and surprised"camera cut

The DLC case of AA6 is pretty bad and also not terribly memorable or important. I'd say only play it if you like Larry.

Tell me how

>If they don't do any dumb asspull for Athena or Wright's backstory
Why do you think they're conveniently leaving out the details on how Athena and Wright met?

>Yea Forums hates SoJ now
wtf?

There are times where you have multiple statements that can be added and one is a decoy.

Since it's release it's had people who love it, people who don't and people who seem to think that it only has a couple standout cases. That's the same general opinion being shown in this thread.

How is Investigation's third case filler?

I wouldn't be surprised if they met because he defended her in court in Europe or something and that's an entire episode. Although it would be refreshing if that wasn't the case.

Hot take: DD has the best soundtrack

>1st trilogy
>made in 3 years

>2nd trilogy
>made in 8 years

Matters a lot when it comes to cohesiveness.

more like hot POO

The court music is amazing, but Phoenix and Athena's objection theme in SoJ is better though. Apollo's is better with the guitars in DD.

>but Phoenix['s]... objection theme in SoJ
REEEEE
STOP REUSING THE TRIALS AND TRIBULATIONS THEME

I'm still mad about that. The relationship Phoenix was building with Rayfa was great.

SoJ was always divisive. Mainly it depends on whether or not you like Apollo because he keeps getting shoehorned everywhere.

where is he

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (340x510, 23K)

Next game. He's getting the same hints that they did for Ema in 5.

What's wrong with the theme from Phoenix's best game?

Attached: giphy (4).gif (269x240, 2.49M)

what a cutie apollo, shame the whore is in frame

it doesn't. you fell for the memes

It felt satisfying to blow him the fuck out in the first case you fought him in. But it got boring that he got the same breakdown in every case.

They're both cute user.

Attached: 58635185_p0.png (2998x2431, 2.61M)

why such a popular Capcom series don't have many doujins? what the fuck

Nick stop this is why everyone keeps leaving you except Pearl who keeps coming back for more but she's a freak

1-3, 3-2, 3-3, 4-2, 5-DLC, 6-2 and 6-4

It doesn't get shit, it's good, people are just eternally butthurt that it deliberately ends with loose ends untied. It'll take until the sequel's translated before you can even have an honest discussion about it.

Actual best OST coming through.

Attached: 1466944821-456420647.jpg (1920x1200, 864K)

I'm playing through DGS right now and the entire game is pretty much the animation team flexing.

It's amazing

I'd be comfortable saying Keep Pressing On is better than Cornering Together, but not much after that.

>AAI-3
>Good
INTO THE TRASH THE ENTIRE LIST GOES

The reasoning segments are so cool to watch. As much as Sherlock's autism annoys me watching him do all those flourishes is great.

I liked Apollo Justice
Hobo Wright was kino

You have to wait years for the next release as you slowly move on to something else instead of having a big chunk of the series readily available like when you first started and were engrossed by it.

i did too
i dont get the hate for it
However i always thought apollo punching phoenix was weird, its a part of his personality that was never touched on again

Wait, I did not remember that. When did that happen

Nahyuta was a dense dickhead that refused to accept obvious shit until the last case

Attached: dense.png (313x425, 318K)

Apollo

I still enjoy the series, but AA7 is either going to revitalize it or finish it off entirely. AA6 was a good recovery after AA5 but the DGS experiment was costly and failed to resonate with the only audience it was intended for. Now we have rumors that Takumi is assisting with AA7 and signs that it'll address the only two major plot points they haven't resolved (Gumshoe's whereabouts I'm guessing the joke is he's now Chief of Police and Ema's boss, which would make the part in 4-3 where she's complaining about her Chief teasing her funnier and telling Apollo and Trucy about you-know-what), so it'd be a good point to close the book if they're out of ideas.
Whatever happens, I'm glad to have been on the ride. I really, really want a Gumshoe/Ema dynamic.Ideally investigating Kay's murder.
PWAA > AAI2 > SoJ > DGS2 > T&T > AJAA > JFA > PLvPW > DD > DGS > AAI

Well he is supposed to be more aggressive than Phoenix and nobody's cheated him like that since.

>Military veteran prosecutor discharged due to losing a limb in combat
>Used to do court-martials and tribunals, decided now to do criminal law
>Thinks of the courtroom as a battleground, trials as campaigns
>Fights fairly, isn't really disrespectful but may tease here and there
>Uses cringe military lingo
>"Cease fire!" or "Halt!"
>Wears his prosecutor's badge like an Iron Cross
>Adopted Armie Buff
>Actually has some pretty bad PTSD and survivor's guilt, but is able to cover that fact up so Athena or something doesn't notice
>Final case has you trying to cover when he actually someone with his prosthetic limb holding a gun (Think of that guy who has the mind controlled arms from DARPA) but the bad guy hacked it to pin the blame on him

Attached: 220px-Bundesarchiv_Bild_146-1977-018-13A,_Erwin_Rommel(brighter).jpg (220x296, 20K)

>Uses cringe military lingo
I want reddit to leave
We've already had a military character too, she was a Russian loli.

Who has a criminal lack of art.

I didn't mean it like that, I meant to keep it in the usual spirit of Ace Attorney humor. Also I agree with the lack of cute Russian girl

Wait, this is a thing? Oof.

It was bound to happen I guess...

Military general/admiral type deal would be pretty based. Doesn't take shit and only acts like a dick when you deserve it over not meeting standards

No user it is not

Honestly can't tell if soul is just the good feeling you get when nostalgia kicks in or some certain type of aesthetic/aura that surrounds certain games that my pea brain can't see.

It's still bound to happen anyway.

I was thinking along those lines. Unlike early Edgeworth or Blackquill, he doesn't use underhanded ways such as manipulating the judge or witholding evidence, but will absolutely destroy you for dumb shit.

Any fan games out there that are good?

Its too japanesey now

like near the beginning
when phoenix tells him he cheated

ace attorney online

Is it dead or not?

Sounds like a certain prosecutor already.

>tfw he's never coming back again

Attached: tumblr_inline_nb75vpmhud1reukpo.png (275x340, 142K)

He got cucked so hard in the final trial it's not even funny.

It already got shit the bitch destroyed evidence in front of an audience and a capable detective somehow missed a big bloodstain on a beef steak plate.

DGS IS SHIT.

im surprised they tutorialized DGS2-1 unlike AAI2-1
DGS2-1 was pretty mediocre save for the ending which i thought was funny

the Wright Anything Agency is a wholesome family

Attached: 198238239823.png (1000x1414, 498K)

Hey man don't be rude to Phoenix's little cocksucker

Attached: 9293e22638c4f888091a7508e1f3cd51.jpg (543x733, 325K)

>Franziska as a rival
Cake Franny would do terrible things to my dick.

>18 years old
>Still a midget.
IMAGINE.

It's not the best objection theme, for starters

Mia took all the real woman genes

Moe the clown

Which one is?

Not trying to be mean, I actually like all of the themes

all third cases are garbage

>it's a "your assistant straight up tells you the solution if you press all the statements" episode
Fuck you, AA5.

Nick's AA1 objection theme is the best, but Apollo's is the best overall.

I think the first game has the best Objection theme.
I also really liked its inclusion in PLvAA

>AAI2-3
The fantranslation team really outdid themselves with that whole game!

He was based though

How does that even make sense, she and Pearl are only cousins

Fuck it, since we're on the topic of best themes, I'll go with a few of mine.

>Objection: youtube.com/watch?v=OvQcmmuelyU
>Court: youtube.com/watch?v=_sPsqFhdeD4
>Prosecutor: youtube.com/watch?v=NA-tSeu4MTA
>Villain: youtube.com/watch?v=2sNgB-j3fd0

It's a good thing Phoenix likes petite chicks then

Attached: 5821.jpg (397x192, 30K)

If you don't think DGS has the best Cornered them, then get the fuck out of my face
youtu.be/_uLxzHOje5o

But what's the best Cornered theme?

youtube.com/watch?v=HvIbsInfbDI

I really liked how different most of the "recurring" songs in DGS sound so different from the rest of the series
youtu.be/PUB5dBRwXGk
youtu.be/limk0rP4NwY

I spit my coffee at that

Good shit

Attached: Godot_Surprised.gif (256x192, 29K)

I'm really liking the music in DGS so far after just finishing case 1, especially the new suspense theme and Asogi's theme.

youtube.com/watch?v=F3CBC1ip7uA

Going past a trilogy.

>duckduckgo.com

That's not AAI2's theme, which would coincidentally also make a good Mega Man level tune.
youtu.be/Rr9AVYDEeMQ

*cracks knuckles* is there a problem

was going to post this one
what a good song

>*Legal Revolution*
kek
seriously though why is this such a prominent theme now, the AAI games have it too?

Don't feel like copying a bunch of links so I'll just list stuff as I remember

>Defendant Lobby
AJ
>Court Begins
AA1
>Cross-Examination
SoJ
>Objection
AA1
>Pursuit
AA1
>Confess the Truth
AA3
>Won the Case
AA2
>Detention Center
AA1

I don't have an opinion on Logic

no.

JFA is the best game in the fucking series, dipshits.

full pic?

Oh yeah, the new suspense theme is pimpin'

you can't be serious

Fake and gay

Oh shit, I forgot how great this one was

>tfw the "guitar" kicks in
>tfw AAI were the only games in the series with Presto examination themes, one of the best gimmicks of them all to add tension
The sountrack in Edgeworth's games are heavily underrated

Attached: 1472983367034.png (256x192, 27K)

kinda sad that dgs does it only once

The song from the original game was also great
youtu.be/1RaG123x_wU

The original trilogy ended the story. Apollo Justice was supposed to be a separate story and Phoenix's arc was shoehorned in (though Phoenix is the most interesting part of the story). If it were up to me, I would retcon and re-do the series from 4 onwards.

Tell a different version of Phoenix's downfall and rise. I like the overall idea, I dislike how little of Phoenix's past is part of the AJ arc, it feels like a cop out especially considering all the things that happened in the original trilogy. Phoenix being a mentor to AJ is a good idea, but the way it plays out is wrong. There should be greater delineation between the two of them, with the series transitioning to Apollo as the upcoming rookie and Phoenix as the hardened vet. I also hate how AA5 retconned Phoenix's AA4 character, which was the best part of AA4.

>I also hate how AA5 retconned Phoenix's AA4 character
Well, you know the nips
Generally, when things get too weird with their established characters or series, they riot

Oh I'm Fucking serious, 2-1 is underrated as shit, it still had a great tutorial formula that made you feel like the coolest dude in the universe when you pointed out base level contradictions, just like 1-1, but with better characters and with perfectly setting up the darker content, themes, and foreshadowing for the rest of the game.

2-2 is hands down the best seconds case in the series, with kino aesthetics of a small Japanese village, a great set up with tonnes of suspense, the introduction of classic characters, like Pearl and Franszika, it is one the best in the series even without mentioning that it single handedly started the Fey story line that you all love T&T so much for.
(1/2)

Phoenix has never once felt like Apollo's mentor in my opinion, not in 4 and not in the later games including 6 which really tried to force the idea at times either. Whenever both Phoenix and Apollo are together in the same case at least one of the two are written to be wildly out of character (sometimes there's a plot reason for it but not always), probably to disguise how they're basically the same character I guess.

Maybe it's just me but I always found Apollo more competent than Phoenix
Phoenix is always all over the place during the trials segments, but other than thinking "holy shit I'm so boned" Apollo tends to gradually gain traction slowly until he just wins cases, while Phoenix always goes from "I won" to "holy shit I'm on the verge of losing time to bluff" in all his trials

Attached: 1487555733081.png (750x508, 349K)

>6-1
You mean that 4-3 tier retarded case?

>dude yeah this kid totally smashed this grown man's head with a box while he was facing him in front of a staircase, oh and the police didn't even check the blood on the box, all we have is this fucking magic video as proof. Give him jail!

Attached: tegaki.png (400x400, 6K)

(2/2)

I'll give that 2-3 is shit, but I will defend Moe the clown for being the only interesting new character introduced. But 2-3 does have some of the best acting cast, with Franzy, Nick, Maya, and Gumshoe. It also continues with the darker moral ground of the game having your defendant be an asshole and the murderer likeable, similar to 2-2 in that regard.

I don't need to say that 2-4 is amazing, and possibly the best cast in the series, but I will say how the character developement feuled and build the ground for T&T to give that conclusion all of us love so much, Phoenix learns how to be a lawyer, Gumshoe is given more depth, Edgy of course gets to shine as a good guy, and the climatic and foreboding atmosphere perfectly set up by the rest of the game comes to a conclusion in the most aestetic case so far.

In short, you all think JFA sucks because you havn't played it in years, and it's success on building the formula and story of the first game is what led to T&T becoming such a fan-favorite. Don't forget JFA children!

>the villain literally has just 1 (one) testimony before they transform
6-1 was fucking dogshit. One of the worst tutorial cases in the franchise, if not the worst.

Attached: CdJmBeRUIAAaa0y.png.jpg (400x240, 13K)

I dunno, they're both pretty much the same in that regard as far as I can tell too. Both just stumble along until near the end when everything suddenly clicks for them, the player character in these things never has any sort of specific direction that they clearly follow early on in a trial or anything.

Apollo happened. Anyone saying otherwise is delusional.

I think a big problem is that it feels almost like there's no plan or smooth progression with the second trilogy of games.
The connections between AA1, 2, and 3 feel clear and direct. They don't feel like completely self-contained episodic stories.

Meanwhile AA5 retcons a whole lot of AA4, and AA6 just doesn't really care much about what happened in AA5 and 4.
Klavier is the main prosecutor in 4, and yet he appears for a total of five seconds in AA5, and not at all in AA6. Kristoph is just never mentioned again.

The new trilogy of games are hard to even call trilogies, they weren't meant to be, and they weren't planned. They all came out half a decade apart from one another. The only thing that connects them all is "muh dark age of the law" shit.
The future of the franchise really just isn't bright, there's no chance that we'll ever have AA games as good as the originals.

Attached: 1542561792702.jpg (575x603, 35K)

>AA5 retconned Phoenix's AA4 character

I've never been terribly convinced by this line of thinking. In AJ, Wright's been working a single case for seven years and before 4-1 he already knows he has his target dead to rights. In this situation of course he'd be more confident and aloof. When he gets the badge back in DD and immediately chooses to defend a killer whale, of course he's back to confusion, he's returned to square one.

>Kay Faraday is still the most underrated character in overall series
Fuck off, she was only ever interesting in AAI2 where she acted nothing like herself. When she got "better" it actively made me angry.

Hand holding during the final parts of the trial.

The first one was better.

>handholding

But that only happened during 6-2's investigation

I believe I can honestly say I have never heard this shit opinion before.
What makes you say that?

But it's been so long since we've had truly ruthless prosecutors opposing the main character.
It's dull having every prosecutor be some even-handed guy who is just trying to put away the defendant on fair and just terms. We haven't had a truly ruthless but also competent prosecutor since Manfred, which is bizarre given you're supposed to be in some "dark age of the law" in AA4, 5, and 6, yet every prosecutor is just playing fair.

The only underhanded characters in this "Dark Age of the Law" era have been Hobo Phoenix and Kristoph, both of whom are defense attorneys.
If there's one thing the games need, it's a competent and ruthless prosecutor. One whom is playing dirty in clever ways like Edgeworth and Von Karma used to.

source?

Attached: 1481490427228.jpg (640x640, 97K)

Congrats for having the least common opinion in the history of Ace Attorney threads

what about the retard saying that Jfa was the best game in the series?

>We haven't had a truly ruthless but also competent prosecutor since Manfred

Attached: 1554554463914.gif (256x192, 2.22M)

I see that one sometimes, but still rarely

I've literally never seen someone say that about AAI before

They had that in all of the 3d games final bits where you had to do that line thing.

Now to get away while he still hasn't realized that I posted that opinion.

Attached: download.jpg (236x214, 9K)

van Zieks is tough, but fair. I think what user's asking for is a prosecutor who's willing to play dirty to get his victories.

I had no respect for Nahyuta because he had virtually no control over his witnesses, they would frequently talk shit back to him, and the only thing he did was basically tell you to stop and kill yourself.

The twist that he didn't really buy his own shit helped a little bit, but it was still dumb as shit.

I would hold hands with Athena desu

Attached: thenie.png (800x800, 420K)

I played JFA last year and still thought it sucked.

I just finished the first game for the first time ever in my life. PS4 version. Pls no bully. What was the point of case 5? Such a drag and nowhere near as interesting as case 4.

It was a bonus case added in the DS version

you see 2 of the newly introduced characters sprinkled throughout the rest of the series

other than that i guess its nothing more than a really long DLC case

I don't think JFA is the best game but I do think it has the best OST
youtu.be/62LI-8UtIbU

The original GBA game only had the first four cases. When it was ported to the DS they added the last case, and they made it lengthy with tons of new mechanics to try and get people to rebuy the game.

The only good AA games are the ones where Phoenix is the protagonist. Do not debate me

Attached: 5ea.gif (180x218, 177K)

Can someone tell me where the fuck Detective Gumshoe is?

Attached: 562.jpg (600x600, 37K)

>Meanwhile AA5 retcons a whole lot of AA4
That's not a bad thing.

Couldn't find the picture but I was just joking, there's a part in 6-2 where Apollo is afraid of heights and Athena offers her hand.

Anyway I don't remember the final thing in DD but I think the final Thought Route in SoJ was fine, it's an inference that doesn't seem obvious until it's worked out.

Play AAI2

Attached: 1554689751762.jpg (473x355, 156K)

This.
>b-but it gets good after 3 bajillion hours
The first one is already top tier for the OST alone.

Reminder Missile is fucking dead.

Attached: ttt.jpg (540x627, 85K)

Was the transition to 3D a good thing?

Attached: wakana-wake.gif (256x192, 18K)

It gets good 1 second into the game and never gets bad though?

But that's arguably all of them besides SoJ and maybe AJ. But even AJ, ironically, probably has more to do with Phoenix than Apollo. Plus SoJ is sick.

Apollo is a shit character that hasn't developed in any meaningful way over the course of three games with backstories pulled out of his ass that don't make any sense

Athena is an irrelevant, superfluous character that never should have existed

They don't know what to do with Phoenix Wright anymore

GK2 > AA3 > AA1 > AA2 > AAI > AA6 > AA5 > AA4

Garan?

NONONONONO DELETE THIS

Attached: 1535020299860.png (960x948, 443K)

based, JFA's objection theme is underrated

God I wish I wasn't retarded and so fucking lazy and knew how to get the DGS translation on my PC.

Yes. It didn't affect the liveliness of the animations or posing and everyone who used to be a sprite was recreated just fine. Characters like Ted Tonate and Pierce Nichody show that they aren't bound by the models themselves either.

the diversity of character appearances and animations was kept intact in the transition so basically nothing was lost aside from pixel art if you prefer pixels to 3d models.

my favorite characters in a 3d animated sense thus far the tinpillars. they're fucking hilarious. megundal is also great.

get bluestacks, buy the game, apply the patch

They did phoenix wrong by disgracing him in 4.

I'm not counting DGS since that's technically a spinoff and I haven't played it yet.

With how beautiful DGS' visuals are, I don't mind the shift to 3D one bit.

it was a fantastic thing

Attached: best.webm (854x480, 1.32M)

It doesnt, literally finished it today, the "bad" thing is that it will end and you wont realize it until you see the credits, you will feel like you just got a glimpse of the overarching story and then, bam, the end.
Thats why im starting to learn japanese, Dekinai bitch will not defeat me.
Im gonna say that Case 4 is kinda bad overall, or weird, its kinda hard to explain, but everything that happens there never happened in any other case in the series, and not in a good way.

him walking off was so great

its still good

>looks up bluestacks
Oh. thanks, user, I'll do that tonight!
I told you I was retarded and lazy

I prefer 2D sprites, and would've rathered they'd stuck with sprites, but they transitioned to 3D as smoothly as possible.

>worse than 2-1
Lmao, no

He will come back in the next game married to Maggie mark me words matey
he is too good for Maggie though

souseki is based and makes case 4 great.

I was sad when they retired him by making him a killer, he was easily one of the best witnesses in the series
>fun gimmick
>fun animations
>fun to cross examinations

2-1 is underrated as hell. why do you guys hate it so much?

i got through dgs 2-1 with n4 level and understood most of it but vocab was a bitch and it took a few hours

but i have to know how this resolves so even if its inefficient i'm gonna do it, and thankfully the wiki has summaries of the cases so i can double check

here's my rankings
3=i2>1=6>DGS>2>i>4>5>secret layton shit tier
6 legitimately made the second trilogy based
I swear to god every time he told me to kill myself I got angrier at his shit character
a fucking glove and amnesia

Attached: 1545150270411.jpg (799x1024, 165K)

better than the portrait artwork

>amnesia
>guy broke his neck
>yet still had plenty of time to write the name of the "killer"
2-1 was retarded. Not saying 6-1 isn't, but I don't find it worse than 2-1

>3=i2
opinion discarded

Aww, when did this happen?

I enjoyed it and had fun

Attached: 1552158334573.png (109x112, 48K)

twitter.com/takumi_gt/status/1061249753621512193?s=19
10 Nov 2018

Rest in Peace, Missle (; _ ;)7

Oh, he is great, my problem with case 4 was The fact that theres not an actual murder, the whole thing was an accident over some stupid bullshit, getting sidetracked in a mistery that seemingly has nothing to do with the case at hand, starting the trial with no evidence whatsoever despite having a full day of investigation, the whole trial being Naruhodo cornered grasping at straws until you find the one piece of evidence that turns the whole thing around on its head like a deus ex machina. Most of what I said there I feel could apply to most cases in the series, but somehow I felt they were glaring issues when I perceived them which didnt happened in other cases/games. Also what the hell was that with those 2 weirdos arguing on the street that lived in the Garrideb building? I was sure that flamboyant dude would end up appearing in court. Im gonna assume they are charachters from DGS2 getting teased.

Attached: thats kinda racist.jpg (1280x721, 102K)

What was wrong with the glove?
Amnesia, though a cliche, was a creative and quality way of foreshadowing how this game would be about Phoenix re-learning what it meant to be a lawyer as well as leading to some quality jokes and goofs.

The case also had Magie(ey) Byrde and the killer, both entertaining characters who also show the increased moral complexity of the game compared to AA1, now a policewoman is accused instead of some random asshole, and the first killer actually has a motive unlike 1-1.

its the same shit over and over again
they never do anything new or interesting, they never take risks to try and change the series
>get case
>client is clearly innocent
>all these coincidences caused these unfortunate events and makes the defendant look definitely guilty
>backed into a corner with no way to fix everything
>ass saving evidence appears out of nowhere by coincidence
>win case

How the hell is anything from AAi-2 filler? Its the only AA game where every case had a purpose to the overarching plot of the game.

You mean gain soul?

no

yes

>gain soul

Slash at enemies with your nail.

DD is the best in the series. Come at me T&T faggots

Attached: 28430513_660546104120376_610063807628181504_n.jpg (590x737, 73K)

maybe

the banana part was kind of bullshit
might be because the case translated badly, but idk

That doesn't excuse the sheer retardation broken neck and writing in the sand. So much shit could be skipped if you could just say how impossible it'd be for him to write the name, but nope.
Also, the glove and the comparison with bananas was just plain stupid

I want to FUCK Athena!

Attached: PW_SoJ_Athena.png (384x814, 163K)

AAI 5> AAI 1> AAI 4 AAI 6> AAI 3> AAI 2

>Im gonna assume they are charachters from DGS2 getting teased
They are. A lot of case 4 sets up a case in DGS2.

Who is the absolutely most craziest motherfucker in AA?

Attached: t.gif (480x272, 262K)

A waifufag's opinion is worthless

what caused DGS to lose it's two donkeys?

Attached: DGS `fanslations`.png (400x240, 79K)

>terrible opinions
>waifufag
>athenafag at that
checks out

Attached: miss me with that gay shit.gif (256x192, 452K)

Bananas never felt too unrealistic for me, made some sense.

and with the neck braking shit, it wasn't hard to figure out the actual answer so it's just one, admittedly quite bad, plot hole.

Many other first cases don't even have anything memorable about them, at least this one has bananas is all I'm saying

The DGS2 subbing on youtube ends at the end of Case 2. Are there any other subs for DGS2?

Not a lot of crazies in AA, but Dahlia and Kristoph both seem quite messed up and sociopaths but there isn't really any character that's flat out completely insane

AJ - Detention Center

AA1- cornered

AA5- Keep Pressing On

AA5- Apollo's objection

AA5- Athena's objection

AA5- Detention

AA3- Detention

AA1- Objection

AA1- Cornered

Basically every remeniscence theme

Basically every testimony theme except AA2

t. mayafag

How come Apollo got 3 different backstories in 3 separate games?

nice projecting, Maya is shit and so is Trucy

Attached: 1516365465680.png (255x174, 25K)

>VN virgins constantly praising Phoenix wright because it was their first visual novel

Get better taste

Attached: cover_large.jpg (600x538, 110K)

Scars Etched by Flame is the best song in Ace Attorney: Change my mind.

That's not what projecting means but ok.

This shit always drove me up a fucking wall. About 1/8th into the case you can at minimum determine it wasn't your client, or at least raise a damn reasonable doubt. But the game fucks you and goes 'well if you can't prove this person's motive, we're going to ignore every single other piece of damning evidence against them!'

This + CAPCOM calling it digital only because "niche" + going 3D + Shitty forced characters like Athena =

Attached: 1554687906503.jpg (997x995, 99K)

For DD at least Clay was nothing more than a shoehorn attempt to get Apollo personally attached to that game's story. The guy doesn't even have a 3D model for fuck's sake.

Thers the Mastermind in AAI2 who is pretty much the Joker, the Phantom in DD who has the best acting skills in the world while actually not being able to feel emotions at all, Dahlia in TT is not crazy but sure as hell one of the most evil and ruthless charachters in the franchise

>if you disagree with me you have to a waifufag too

I can find better escape-the-rooms on New grounds, faggot.

Because it was his trilogy.
Phoenix had 2 backstories in his trilogy. Apollo simply had 1 more.

>VN virgin constantly praising 999 because it was their first "Visual Novel"
Get better taste

Attached: 1434814572138.png (354x299, 96K)

Cant get it to work in my 3ds even with the patch, sorry.

tried playing this and didnt get very far because it was so boring

>implying AA 7 isn't absolutely going to be about Apollo again considering how AA 6's cliffhanger ended on.

I can't. It's still the best reminiscence theme for me too.
Close runner ups are DL-6 Incident, Bitter Taste of Truth and False Relations

Guy, SoJ was the only game in the series to not end with a return to the status quo. When they made Apollo stay behind, that;s because they wanted him gone from the main stiry.

He'll probably show up for cameos like what Edgeworth does, but won't be a huge character anymore.

I can see him returning for some DLC cases but he won't be relevant to the main plot at least. He's too popular to the japs for them to drop completely.

Based

Wasnt the introduction of the jury system in Apollo Justice a change in the status quo? Yeah, I know it got promptly forgotten forever, but maybe the same could be said of SoJ

The only games i played from this series are the original trilogy and Apollo justice, got extremely bored from DD and im not even interested in SOJ.
Is there something wrong with me?

Attached: 1553288590544.jpg (100x174, 4K)

How can it be his trilogy if only one of those games has his name on the title?

DGS having a jury system really felt like the mechanic was planned for AA5 and AA6. Too bad it was dropped.

the final case of DD is pretty boring
and the characters are lame, except for athena and woods because they are cute

Because muh localization.

DD put me to sleep several times, the last case was alright from what i remember though
SoJ was actually pretty good and maya comes back

Considering Apollo Justice was an abysmal sales failure for the franchise, they probably wanted to distance themselves away from the title and decided to milk Phoenix Wright into the title despite Nick's arc being completely over.

I'm playing the trilogy on the switch, Holy fuck this game is great desu. My pee pee went hard mode when i begone the thot, Also Gumshoe is a cute.
Which one is the best and worst desu? Are there ones not release in the west?

Attached: 1554925830383.jpg (400x400, 29K)

So, Ace Attorney 4. I don't know whether its development was a mess or what but it reveals the thing about Apollo and leaves it at that, making much of his life make no sense.

The AA5 team knows this. There's some notes in the concept art that indicate they wanted to cover Apollo's dad here, and you might notice Punished Apollo bears some resemblance to Dhurke. But they also want it to be the story of Phoenix's grand return, and they also want to introduce this new protagonist (remember when everyone thought she'd be the killer?). So they push him to the side, and his stake in the ending of the game is pretty weak and falls flat.

Enter AA6, which can finally explain how Apollo's life worked.

Attached: I told you not to contradict it.png (540x360, 86K)

999 is good, don't get me wrong
But so is PW
And both are inferior to Steins;Gate
Umineko, G-senjou no Maou, Fata Morgana, and Muv Luv

Who had the best breakdown and why is it this guy?

Attached: yz83s61c9f9y.jpg (561x342, 31K)

I miss him

Attached: In justice we trust!.gif (549x326, 633K)

Investigations 2 is the best game in the franchise and that wasn't released overseas.

Currently playing through Great Ace Attorney right now and it's.....fine I guess but apparently it only works together as a sequel so I'll withhold my judgement on that.

I'm glad people enjoyed the ports despite the shit graphics. I couldn't do it.

I really don't want another "mainline" title. I feel like DGS is the correct route for the series to keep it fresh instead of forcing these gaggle of characters into more unnecessary clusterfuck of increasingly complex plot points.

>posts babby's first "serious" VN
999 is riddled with plot holes btw

i fucking love maya and no one will ever know

He should've just been killed between case 3 and 4.

Personally AJ(4) is the worst, Trials and Tribulations(5) the best, but the last case of Justice for All(2) is so good that they are both together in my ranking of the series.
Also, which thot are you talking about? the cat one from 1-2, Mimi(or was it Ini) from 2-2?Andrews? the old women from 1-3?

Attached: b1f26334.jpg (890x1280, 149K)

I saw a bit of the original
I really like the old look, good thing i only got into the series right now. God dam why is Gumshoe is cute ahhhhhhh

Attached: Dick_Gumshoe_Portrait_3.png (340x510, 218K)

It completely caught me off guard that he was the killer, up until his transformation I was sure it was some charachter that was yet to be introduced.
The best breakdown is Payne losing his hair.

First one is fine. JFA was rushed and made in less than a year and its shows. T&T is the best game in the original Trilogy.
As for the whole franchise, T&T, AAI2 and SoJ are the holy trinity of AA.

AA1 is better than AA3 solely because of Rise from the Ashes which is more like its own game.

nice

Uhhh the lady with the huge boobs with the heart symbol

Has there ever been a long running vidya series that didn't lose its soul along the way?

Never forget

Attached: Item3051_l.png (256x256, 42K)

SMT. Some of its spinoffs may have went to shit after a game or two, like DeSu and Persona, but the core games are all fantastic.

pic related and rune factory i can think of off the top of my head.

Attached: file.png (739x691, 1.06M)

Reminder that Rise from the Ashes was not in the original GBA game but added in the DS remake to show off DS tech.(and make a fantastic case in the progress)
Real shame AA2/3 didn't get new cases like it.

There's no bad Ace Attorney game.
Even the likes of AJ and AAI are just mediocre.

Apollo

IT'S NOT A PHASE MR. WRIGHT

Attached: eyepatch apollo.jpg (596x800, 127K)

>rune factory
Please god don't let 5 break the streak.

YUZAI

Attached: vlcsnap-2015-04-05-00h56m56s7.jpg (1280x720, 76K)

I really like both. I think T&T is a better since their aren't any real bad cases in it, but DD is in my top five, along with AAI2, SoJ, and AA1. Haven't played DGS1 though so I'll see if it changes.

Honestly this. Some are just better in terms of either characters, cases, waifus or stories. I don't particularly think it's lost this meme-stuffed "soul" that everyone thinks, it's clear that in each game the programmers, writers and artists all work very hard to deliver a product of something they like and that the players will find memorable.

I honestly like the fact that people debate, shitpost and meme about the games they like in the series or don't.

Attached: fd6c64f66f932c7d3dc7359eee035076.png (2520x1440, 3.09M)

6 is just a worse AAI2

>tfw eyepatch Apollo wasn't permanent

5 and 6 except 6's DLC case were extremely SOULful.

I googled Punished Apollo to see if I could shitpost a meme picture with Snake but I ended up with some neat art looking like Shinkawa

Attached: download (10).jpg (183x275, 14K)

what was the point of this anyway? Athena didn't do much in chapter 4 and just cried for 5 so it's not like him leaving gave her shine

Apollo honestly thought she killed Clay.

The eyepatch is apparently so it would block his bracelet, because whenever anything UR-1 related came up, it would react. Particularly, the thing thay made Apollo become full of doubt in Athena is when she said "I've never seen that knife before.", the murder weapon in Clay's case.

In the end, she saw it because she used the knife to stab The Phantom, but her trauma from the entire thing made her forget about the details, so she thought she killed her mother. Apollo thought she was purposely lying and used the knife to kill Clay, since she WAS in the space center before the launch. But Apollo mistook it for murdering Clay, since she unintentionally lied about seeing the knife.

The Phantom probably put Athena's prints on the lighter gun since she had a PTSD episode in the center the night before the launch (It was the anniversary of the day of the incident, sometimes people with PTSD get that) and thus blacked out in the museum.

It's kind of heartwarming when Apollo, after indicting Athena, reveals that he really does want to trust Athena, to believe she's fine, but he also wants justice for Clay and is torn since the evidence painted her as guilty. It's a great moment of growth for Apollo when he admits he's actually incredibly conflicted and it's one of the reason why I like him.

3D graphics and less charming characters. I played through the first 4 on 3ds last year and tried dual destinies but it just couldn't hold my interest. I even liked Apollo justice unlike a lot of people.

The new graphical style is a hindrance IMO. All the menus are slow and choppy in dual destinies.

haven't played investigations.

This fucking game

Attached: thisfuckinggame.png (400x480, 118K)

the fan translation is just as good as an official localization would have been

I want to play DGS but I can't deal with the pc slow down and I broke my 3ds. Fuck.

I want to do dirty things with this maid and have her clean it all up!

Attached: Maid_Stereoscope.jpg (804x513, 133K)

I don't understand why people dislike 3-2. It's one of the most based cases in T&T.

Don't emulate it, it runs like shit on Citra. I'd suggest buying it on the Japanese Google Play store with a gift card and patching it with IrisMobile.

>It takes Ryuu 4 cases unti lhe finally figures out Iris might be Watson's kid

/thread/

>clearly a maid on the stand
>1 case later they forget they ever saw a maid before

This was an extremely touching moment for me and made me realize I was pro justicecykes

Attached: 051bb8c8fef9ec1f37b8550d294ae413.jpg (500x552, 48K)

Are you implying DGS was bad? Because it's pretty kino so far. Definitely better than half of the series

>not rooting for the incest pairing instead

Athena's reminiscence> Edgeworth's reminiscence

Attached: athena_flashback.png (350x262, 145K)

I thought the implication was that Ryuunosuke and Susato had already figured that possibility, but never went out of their way to explicitly confirm it, potentially because the thought that her father was a man murdered in Japan months ago was uncomfortable?

I meant to link this
I just fucked up

Just finished the final case in DGS. I thought it was pretty solid. Just that, the plot was not directly related to any of the main characters so there were little emotional weight to it, so it felt more like a filler than a true final case.

>*More Character Powers*
>*Higher Stakes*
God, I can see it already.

Attached: 2019-04-12_21-34-09.752_top.png (400x240, 101K)

I prefer 4 over 1

>so it felt more like a filler than a true final case
The thing is that DGS is a duology with both games directly tying into the other and basically covering one big story together, so the final case of DGS1 is effectively just the halfway point of the whole plot.

What's Capcom's reason for not releasing DGS in the west anyway? Because it's a far prequel set in Japan and it would contradict with the localized names throughout the franchise so far?

Too many games. Too much of the same thing?

Attached: 2ddcde52350f4c48b2db988788f2aa4a.jpg (1600x1280, 368K)

Does Moriarty ever show up?
Does the PROFESSOR password at the pawnbroker allude to him?

What's the best gimmick? The deductions rank pretty high for me

Get lost touhoufag

DARK AGE OF THE LAW

JUSTICE

>localization team probably has nightmares about the DGS games, since the plot and setting are very rooted in historical themes and they can't go Japanifornia on it
>Conan Doyle estate might have some autistic problems with Holmes and public domain in some parts of the west
>Capcom may not have any confidence in localizing Ace Attorney games that don't prominently feature Phoenix

>prosecutors and the chief of police literally murdered people and regulary forge evidence
>everything is fine
>one lawyer forges evidence one time
>DARK AGE OF THE LAW

So who's gonna be here for the final stream on Good Friday?

All the spin offs didn't really sell well. AAI1 and PLvsPW sold pretty bad. To make things worst, DGS sold pretty bad in japan too so imagine the risk of localizing it.

>confess the truth
>aa3

What the fuck, it's literally the worst version in the series?

Fucking Lawyers

For what?

>cucking Junie
Nice

Only AA1 is any “good” out of the first trilogy

Explain, fag

What is there to explain? Too many dumb recurring characters and themes.

I like Athena and all but DD was just decent as a whole package.

son i have some bad news for you...

You know, for all of Moriarty's prevalence in later Holmes-based works, he's a surprisingly minor figure in the original source material.

i know, but it still feels awkard when fate grand order somehow finds room for Moriarty, but DGS's 1 and 2 somehow can't.

So how much of him was actually real? He was great but for all we know the original might as well be completely different.

Are all DGS cases based on Holmes stories?
Speckled band and baskerville are, but what about the others? What about clouded "kokoro"?