Wtf Yea Forums, you said the surge was shit

wtf Yea Forums, you said the surge was shit

not falling for your memes ever again

Attached: 20190414154136_1.jpg (1920x1080, 328K)

the souls clone games aren't bad they're just not as good as the souls games

shit game, might try it again with trainers

I see you also bought it on sale. Its an alright game the first boss is boring as fuck though and has so few moves. I'm glad the level design is pretty decent though and the armor sets you get are pretty fuckin nice all things considered. I hope we can make our own character in the next game not that it really matters since you can barely see Warren at all when hes decked out in metal shit

It IS shit. I forced myself to play the entire thing just so I could speak from authority when mouth breathers like you show up and try to claim it's good. The aesthetic is fine, even the story isn't bad. But the combat is floaty, the bosses are trial and error and at the same time repetitive, the balance is terrible, and it's so full of bugs that I'm 100% sure you can't get through without at least 2-3 hard crashes. And that's not even counting the innumerable less severe ones.

its not shit but its not great either
also
>ever listening to Yea Forums

I've watched a little. It looks laughably bad.

The space suit made the game for me.

Yea Forums got me into a few games like Stalker so I'm glad I listened there.

Attached: 1486976024758.gif (500x515, 706K)

i think that level design, combat and armor/weapon design is at least on par (if not better) with souls games.

the biggest problem is the lack of variety in enviroments/enemies (and the walk in the park was a step in the right direction).

but it considering its length, it's definitely worth playing if you enjoyed other souls games

Always remember that when it comes to souls like games, there’s a group of very faggy cringelords like bronies that surround every game and spew hate and anger at it because it’s not exclusive to their console or it’s not exactly like the first game they played. They are absolute retards and should not be listened to.
Typical complaints include complaints about artificial difficulty, the dodging doesn’t work, and other nonsense.

It is shit
But it's 20 times more enjoyable than Sekiro

Attached: 1551176562171.gif (1090x1035, 183K)

This. Yea Forums was always good for potentially showing you games that may slip under your radar. If you're not a brainlet you learn to decide which ones are worth it by yourself instead of being told by some random shitposting child.

It's shit and the only reason I got it was due to having fuck-all to do at the time it was released.

Attached: molassouls.png (1920x1080, 1.15M)

The armor design is the shit

Attached: the-surge-dlc-cutting-edge-free-2.jpg (1920x1080, 1.22M)

It’s not bad but it’s too short and looks boring. t. 100% completion

oh so that's the type of cocksucker you're gonna be today huh?

Attached: 1532892445152.jpg (960x540, 51K)

Heavy weapons are way better than anything else

>But the combat is floaty, the bosses are trial and error and at the same time repetitive, the balance is terrible, and it's so full of bugs
It did a pretty good job of copying the Souls games then.

>But the combat is floaty
it's literally the same as in any souls game but with cutting limbs mechanics which is a great addition

>the bosses are trial and error
this is objectively true, but there are only 5 of those

>the balance is terrible
it's not

>and it's so full of bugs that I'm 100% sure you can't get through without at least 2-3 hard crashes
works fine on my machine, dumb third-worlder

Yeah it certainly did do better at having the same problems Souls games do, but worse.

Not only that, it's better than DaS 2 and 3 since it has effective build variety, armor works and no nerfs to everything because PvP faggots are screeching

Attached: 1553351811996.gif (479x272, 1.22M)

>trainers
You mean cheats?

I said what I meant

Not him, and I genuinely enjoyed the game and thought it a huge improvement over Lords of the Fallen, but you’re wrong.

Combat is definitely way floatier. Honestly feels like you’re on a space station sometimes. Not a big deal but very obvious.

Balance isn’t very balanced at all in my experience. There’s not much point to faster weapons since heavier weapons hit just as fast on the first hit, do more damage per stamina, and stun enemies. Also the more specialized builds like a gorgon (IIRC) drone build isn’t worth the effort.

And the game crashed a handful of times for my PS4

Got it "free" from ps+ but haven't played it yet.
Anybody know how well does it run on PS4pro?

Well I'll agree with you on that the PvP aspect has hurt the Souls games and wasn't even that good in the long run

Attached: 1491926874282.png (418x553, 386K)

It a generic souls games clone, they are all the same quality if you ask me
No clue why i even play them, everything from DS1 to Nioh and Lords of fallen was garbage
I skipped DS3, i will try Sekiro next week, i always hope that someone finally will get the formula right and fixes the piece of shit clunky animation and controls and fucking From piece of shit hitboxes, but so far all clones seem to copy the flaws too
Also what the fuck is with those game and retarded badly written incoherent stories, soul games plot theorists are as retarded as zelda timeline nutjobs
I will still probably play Surge 2 since i hate myself

The Surge is good, just don’t expect as much variety as you can find in Souls. I thought the game was really interesting and I’m looking forward to the sequel later this year

Nice spacing

So cheats. Got it.

Phoneposting and wasn’t about to bother copy pasting his garbage

>. The aesthetic is fine, even the story isn't bad. But the combat is floaty, the bosses are trial and error and at the same time repetitive, the balance is terrible, and it's so full of bugs
So basically every From game?
Its not From game if you werent killed through a wall, if you cant break enemy ai and dont clip through the floor at the worst moment imaginable and didnt hit a random fuck you difficulty spike mid game.

>You can not miss what you have never seen before, but deep inside you know there must be more

>no rebuttal
>muh reddit spacing

enjoy this reddit spacing

and then

kill yourself

Well I always thought of cheats as codes you input the game. Trainers are those little programs that run in the background and let you turn cheats on with a press of an assigned button. And since there's no cheats to input ingame in The Surge as far as I know, I will use a trainer.

>There’s not much point to faster weapons since heavier weapons hit just as fast on the first hit
objectively false, i literally just switched from a heavy to a fast weapon because i always got hit while lifting it, before the first hit

as for the build, there is definitely less variety than in souls games, yes, but still haven't noticed any big balance issues (besides drones being useless)

>they are all the same quality if you ask me
the surge is at least 2x better then lotf desu

>this cope

Lmao ok zoom zoom scrubber

it is shit though, I played it for a while when there was a free weekend

it even has shitty western dialogue choices

>And since there's no cheats to input ingame in The Surge as far as I know, I will use a trainer.
the first public release had bind to quicksave/quickload with f5/f8, but they got patched out

>i literally just switched from a heavy to a fast weapon because i always got hit while lifting it, before the first hit
You should always be starting your combo with the dash attack, it’s instant. If you don’t have time for a second attack and didn’t stun on the first hit, just dash out again or block. You’ll still have done more damage than quicker weapon.

What cope? kek, you're projecting on me something I never said and assume I hold a certain view. Yeah, I intend to cheat. Do you think I care what some anonymous autist thinks? lmao
oh yeah I remember that
but I'm looking for more like god mode etc

Not him but nice fucking phoneposting then you fucking faggot?

60 fps not aure about resolution

>security guards with their shoulder tasers
WHY DON'T WE GET THOSE

>listening to the board that praised zelda games and pokemon as the best games ever
And don't even get me started on dark souls, a game where the only way to see any difficulty is by having self imposed rules on items

Attached: donot.png (224x225, 50K)

Scrubby dub zoom zoom

>shitting on dark souls in a souls-like thread
yikes