Scott Pilgrim

Of all the games that could be eliminated from time and space, why did it have to be the only good one?

And how the fuck can I play it nowadays? I have a PS3 and a MacBook.

Attached: 420ceo9a-600x338.jpg (600x338, 115K)

Other urls found in this thread:

radiomaru.tumblr.com/post/53857149606/q-this-isnt-meant-to-be-an-insult-or-a-rant-or
youtube.com/watch?v=Eg_yoKRmtQM
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/KeepCirculatingTheTapes/VideoGames
lostmediawiki.com/Category:Lost_video_games
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>I have a PS3
>and a MacBook
I was about to tell you but you can get fucked, faggot.

Download it from the net and play it on rpcs3.

>still have the 360 hard drive with this and the knives and wallace DLC on it
Think it could sell for anything yet?

Oops can't do that with a macbook tho. Hack your ps3 and move the game onto it

Games the same on PS3 and 360 so no.

>still have Scott Pilgrim downloaded on my PS3
Hell yeah. It's a shame that it's not on PC. Even Bryan Lee O'Malley (creator of SP) wants it to be available again.

>Scott Pilgrim
>Macbook

Of course. I still have this game on my 360 HD, though and the Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 XBLA release.

BLOM and anamanaguchi would be cool with it, it's just Universal sitting on it at this point.

Why is there so much faggotry in Scott Pilgrim? Is it because the creator is canadian?

Also the game is pretty fucking good and i still have it on my ps3.

Pic unrelated.

Attached: 1554115655112.jpg (1191x1252, 300K)

I find it funny that back then I was a broke bitch and rarely could afford to buy xbla games, scott pilgrim was one of the few I managed to get and now it's impossible to acquire by normal means. I guess I made the right choice

It's funny because the game is closer to the books than it is to the movie

I still got it on my 360, though outside of the music and pixelart it isn't that great. If you want a better experience with your friends then play fight'N rage, shank, castlecrashers and the like or simply emulate the old classics. Scott is mostly for charm.

You can hack your PS3 right now, no downgrades or "must be below this firmware" shit.
Why havent you?

>Afterburner Climax is gone
>Transformers Devastation is gone outside of what discs exist
I'm going to cling to these games as long as possible.

Attached: 1524997709381.png (240x301, 10K)

>faggotry
Explain

>MacBook

Toronto is the San Francisco of Canada.

If you had a story that took place in San Francisco and half of the cast wasn't flaming gay it would just be inaccurate.

a lot of the characters are actual literal fags

Some of them are pretty cool tho. Wallace is one of the best characters IMO

and not saying they are not cool or not. just curious to why it has so many.

wallace is based.

Theres like 1 major character and 1 evil ex, and then that quiet guy who lends them his studio, and then stephen stills at the very end
4 homos. The only one who had no business being gay was stephen

search for it on ebay if you can't find it you can set the price.

The majority of fags are bi women.

Yeah Stephen Stills being gay was kinda weird

What is the appeal of Scott Pilgrim anyways, its so highly praised yet I couldn't get into it

Its "wacky randumb" done well

Poorfag.

Great graphics. Slow, boring gameplay with limited moves. Inb4 Streets of Rage. That was decades ago.

I'd say Montreal is more closely aligned with San Francisco.
I'd say Toronto is more closely tied to New York but with the "accept everyone" Canadian mentality cranked to 11. Pretty gay don't get me wrong but not San Francisco gay.

Attached: 1553912250495.gif (152x170, 11K)

It was a story about a loser in his early 20s that came out at a time when I'm assuming a lot of us were also losers in our early 20s.

Kind of like how Clerks was to all the Gen Xers.

Call me a zoomer, but i dropped the movie 20 minutes in

Bingo.
Also video game references, lots of video game references.

I like the banter between the side characters

for me it was the side characters and their relationships that I liked. They're much better than Scott and Ramona.

>wallace
>steven and that other guy he starts dating that hates his friends
>knives and that chick she kisses
>fiona and her ex

thats at least 7 from the top of my head.

banter and side characters.

Yeah when it came out in a time was right when videogame culture was still mainstream frowned upon, and this resonated with people

Toronto is wierd; every time I visited years ago I noticed how those perpetually triggered charactures were basically real. The guys were so passive and the girls were just so miserable and angry. Girls shrieking at the top of their lungs in public happened a lot and guys around would accept it and be like practically coddling.

Wallace is probably one of the best gay characters in fiction

>today i decide to play Scott Pilgrim for PS3
Said no one ever

Attached: 0b96f383.jpg (600x850, 131K)

>What is the appeal of Scott Pilgrim anyways,
You tell me. Its a fucking joke within the actual canadian comic scene and the creator, who has become a persona non grata, even hates it himself. Non-canadians love it for reasons that are unfathomable to me.
radiomaru.tumblr.com/post/53857149606/q-this-isnt-meant-to-be-an-insult-or-a-rant-or

"Q: This isn’t meant to be an insult or a rant or anything of the sort, but I was wondering why in scott pilgrim vs the world (which I loved a lot btw) there aren’t very many people of color? There was Matthew but not any or many others, unless I was very silly and I missed them. Is this because the setting? (it is my understanding that there aren’t as many people of color in canada as in the us) or you didn’t think of it? Im just curious and i hope I didn’t come off as rude! thanks!

A: I’ve always wanted to make some kind of definitive statement about this but I think i’ll probably just ramble instead…

first: I think it sucks that Scott Pilgrim came out so white!!!!!!!!!!!

I am mixed (white + korean) and grew up being told that race didn’t matter — that race was kinda over. As with many things you’re told as a kid, it took me many years to realize that it wasn’t really true… It was kinda wishful thinking on the part of my parents, who were in a mixed relationship. I mean, I wish it was true, we all wish it was true, but it’s not true.

I did grow up in an extremely white environment. In northern ontario during the time I was growing up it was really just white people and Native / First Nations people. i moved to a bigger town in high school and i think my school had like 3 black kids and 4 asian kids or something. later in high school and in college I hung out with asian kids a lot, but White Canadian Culture was like 99% of everything around us."

1/2

Attached: 1547731918175.jpg (1286x1109, 620K)

The hell did I just read? All i got from that was bitching about it being too white.

>who has become a persona non grata
Quick rundown? I don't know anything about Can comic scene

2/2

"so anyway, I guess what I’m saying is, what I knew in the first 20 years of my life was white people and a little bit of asian people and so that’s what I put in Scott Pilgrim. I had an unexamined non-attitude towards race and I didn’t think about it until years later.

Honestly, when i saw the Scott Pilgrim movie it was kind of appalling to see just how white it was — to not even really see myself represented on the screen… At least in the comic they were just cartoons. You can project yourself into a simple drawing of a person so easily; race seems to matter less (look at the global popularity of manga, where everyone is ostensibly Japanese).

And who knows, maybe if my books had had more POCs they would have been whitewashed in the movie, or it wouldn’t have ever been made! Hollywood scares me sometimes…

By the time the movie got made, I was just super-proud that I had created a plum role for someone like Ellen Wong, who otherwise may never have been in a major movie, just by being born Asian and Canadian.

I’ve sometimes joked that Scott Pilgrim is my fantasy of being a cute white indie rock boy (which, as an ostracized mixed-race weirdo, was something I occasionally wished for when I was younger). I guess I whitewashed myself out of my own story, and I got what I deserved.

ANYWAY… IT’S COMPLICATED!

One of the main reasons I wanted to do Seconds in color (seriously) is because I wanted characters to have different skin colors… I think about these things way way more nowadays."

Honestly this dude sounds like a huge faggot.

Come over to my apartment and we can play it on my 360

>Quick rundown
>mediocre work gets popular
>creator uses the spotlight solely for self promotion completely ignores the scene that even helped him get his foot in the door
>local community shuns him
>popularity fades
>latter project flounder and fail because lets face it he just wasnt very talented
>nobody wants to work with him anymore aside from dick sucking freshmen who want to ride his now nonexistent coattails
>becomes persona non grata

>Scott Pilgrim is my fantasy of being a cute white indie rock boy
What the fuck is wrong with hapas?

Attached: big oof.jpg (630x630, 32K)

youtube.com/watch?v=Eg_yoKRmtQM

Fav tracks?

>Transformers Devastation is gone

fuckin WHAT

Activision lost the rights to the Transformers games + the Korra game made by Platinum.

Another Winter is my favourite

Is there some kinda list of unavailable/removed from online stores for games like this? Funny how years ago I was told "don't worry about physical, everything will be online forever".

I still have the game on my PS3. Actually tried online mode with someone from Yea Forums recently. Apparently you can't continue past two stages if you don't have the DLC.

I was wondering this as well. That JStars PS3 game got taken off the PSN store (luckily there are physical copies)

This one of the reasons I've buying a lot of low price PS3 games as of late. There seems to be alot of games have been delisted from PSN. Especially early launch games.

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/KeepCirculatingTheTapes/VideoGames

This one is good too
lostmediawiki.com/Category:Lost_video_games

That one is a tad more extreme.

Yeah true.

wallace is legit probably the best gay character in any type of media. Scott Pilgrim actually had really decent gay characters

Wallace and these two are my favorites.

Attached: mission hill.jpg (745x494, 51K)