Name ONE(1) better written character in a game

Name ONE(1) better written character in a game

Attached: Dutch, the man with a plan.jpg (1280x720, 159K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5JckHCKzaNs
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Lists_of_video_game_characters
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>muh plan
>muh mangoes
>muh Tahiti

Even the widowed lady north of Annesburg was better written than this lazy caricature

Dutch was one of the best parts of an already great series but one flaw in his character is Micah. A better handling of Micah's character would have improved Dutch, as it stands its a little odd how Dutch gets so taken in by such a transparent and creepy dude.

Back when people were really excited about Trelawny's character model being the Strange Man's I thought he was going to be kind of a mentor/adviser figure to Dutch that would lead him astray. I still think its a much better idea than what they went with. Of course, they would need to figure out a way to not have him interact with John.

Micah just appealed to his ego. Dutch was a hypocrite that got off on the rush of another score and money. Caring about people was just a facade he was able to keep thanks to his charisma.

>muh X
epic fucking argument, you mouth breathing orangutan

Shit, that's actually not bad. Could have been incredibly eerie. Then you don't get the revenge plot though.
I don't buy that. I think Dutch genuinely cared about Arthur, John, and Hosea at the very least which is why he's so conflicted at various points in the story.

Cared about them enough to leave two of his sons to die and let his brother get killed over a potbellied creep.

The whole reason why Dutch leaves them die but doesn't directly kill them is because he cares about them, and that's all he can bring himself to do when he thinks they betrayed him.
>You left me to die!
>John, my boy. I had to son, I had to.
Just look at his face when Hosea and Arthur die, how he turns his gun on Micah instead of shooting John, and how he avoids trying to kill John at the end of RDR. Dutch was a bad person but he did care about those three which creates a ton of conflict with his selfish and manipulative nature.

I was pretty disappointed with how they handled the Strange Man in RDR2.

Literally any other character

Name one

uncle
youtube.com/watch?v=5JckHCKzaNs

>lol what if he's just some dude
>who lives in a swamp
The cursed mask and the strangers picture are terrible aspects to reference so haphazardly.

Why?

I know right? It's like he was written by someone who completely failed to understand him in RDR. He's a classic case of removing some of the mystery which makes him less appealing, not more. He was a lot cooler when he seemed to be a supernatural manifestation, my leading theory was that he was a classical interpretation of Satan but now he's just some weird fuck from the swamp.
It also is weird af that Josiah's model is basically his. I feel like there was an early idea that got scrapped.

See

He's still supernatural. But I agree that they explained too much about him. Should have been just the cholera and his picture in Armadillo, that's it.

I got a better one
Name ONE(1) well written character in a game

Leaving it at that would have been fine. I agree he's still supernatural, I guess more what I mean is mythical/spiritual type supernatural.

Why didn't they just send one of the women in the camp to go collect the money from blackwater at the very start of the game?

I dunno, that whole part of the plot is incredibly contrived. I find it hard to believe that it was completely impossible to sneak back into Blackwater. I kept thinking the entire time that most of the plans Dutch was trying were way more complex than simply sending someone into Blackwater in a disguise to get the money.
The women I imagine weren't trusted enough for such a big task though. I could see Dutch entrusting it only to Arthur.

>Name ONE(1) better written character
NamelessONE(1)

Attached: micolashpepe.jpg (435x750, 102K)

>sending some thot to go collect the entire gang's savings for likely years
Not a fucking chance

>michah "only been here 6 months "shoots grimshaw after she stands up for another gang member whos been there from the start
>OKEY DOKEY THEN WHICH ONE OF U IS BETRAYING ME?!?!?

Blackwater employs world class marksmen who shoot you from beyond render distance.

No one is trustworthy enough in that group. Micah is shifty, Bill is a psychopath, John already left once before. Of all the women, only Miss Grimshaw seemed like someone who had strong in group loyalty. So apart from her, Arthur, and Dutch, there was no one else.

Eric Fucking Sparrow

Attached: BSrIW.jpg (832x749, 111K)

Attached: 1551976226222.png (383x364, 139K)

Attached: 3d9cbbe15216a1a2fe3347b0818fcafa.jpg (856x1045, 122K)

Probably the same reason why they didn't just sneak back in during the night, grab the money and then run. "Crawling with pinkertons" isn't a fucking excuse when you spend the next couple of days afterwards fighting literal armies of men 10:1 and winning without even getting hurt. It's not like Dutch hides the money literally in the middle of town, right? I'm assuming it'd be out in the middle of the wilderness somewhere. Just grow beards, cut your hair, wear different clothes and be in and out in a day. Of course that would mean you wouldn't have to rob trains for absolutely no fucking reason and do all kinds of other stupid shit while the law is chasing you.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Lists_of_video_game_characters
More than ONE(1) here.

John in 1. Everyone in 2 felt too "Hollywood" for me, meanwhile John felt very human

It's not contrived at all. The only people Dutch could probably fully trust in the gang to carry out such an important task were Hosea and Arthur, as well as himself, but all three are well known and prominent members of the gang.
Also, certainly the only reason why the Pinkertons and law enforcement were keeping the area on such a heavy lock down is because they had correctly guessed that the gang didn't have time to take the money from the heist before fleeing the area. This explains the constant patrols even though Dutch's boys were clearly out of the area. They're on watch for a gang member to try and sneak back for what was left behind. What IS contrived is that you're also wanted dead or alive in New Austin for some reason

See
The whole "armies of men" thing is probably because its a videogame and you need to have shooting galleries. If this was an actual story I doubt Arthur is singlehandedly killing upwards of fifty people in town shootouts.

Why don't they just pay $100 bucks to become free men like you do after murdering half the town of Strawberry?

Kek

>he paid his bounties
Lel

He can't trust John?

John bounced out of nowhere for a fucking year, is that the kind of dude you hand thousands of dollars to and hope he decides to come back lmao

WHERE'S YA GODDAMN FAITH ORTHUR?

Attached: Insist Dutch.jpg (1024x775, 49K)

I'd really love if they did a game where you play as Uncle when he's young. I really like his character and I get the feeling that there's a lot we don't know about him yet.

That would be fucking hilarious, imagine an RDR3 announcement with Uncle as the fucking main

Red Dead Lumbago

>You know, they used to call me the One-Shot kid!

>The whole "armies of men" thing is probably because its a videogame and you need to have shooting galleries. If this was an actual story I doubt Arthur is singlehandedly killing upwards of fifty people in town shootouts.
thank you. It boggles my mind when people can't wrap their heads around this.

Arthur is the reason I like the game really. I only play free roam in single player not advancing anything in fear he'll eventually die. Thanks for the spoilers brehs.

>Uncle had Abigail too
I CAN'T EVEN RIGHT NOW

I'm doing that on my second playthrough. I like John a lot, bu this is Arthur's game. So I'm going to play up to a certain mission and do all the side stuff from there.

>Don't own any current gen consoles, just my PC
>watch the entire games missions and stories back in October when I knew I wasn't going to play the game anytime soon
>In December, I win an XBONES at a holiday staff meeting They actually marketed the console on my packaging like I got Fortnite as some kind of free game.
>RDR2 is my first game for it
>Figured I'll take my time with it, since I never actually watched any of the side stuff
>Been sitting on the bank robbery mission in Saint Denis because I know that as soon as I play it Hosea and Lenny will be gone, I'll have to do Guarma, and Arthur will get full blown TB
I just can't bring myself to do it.

I'm actually playing the game as we speak, with headphones and on the base ps4 it still looks amazing technically. hud options are great imho, i played from the start hudless but you just press down on the dpad for a bit.

Attached: Sans_512.jpg (345x345, 18K)

Same. I thought it was impossible that I'd like the protag better than John but here I am. It was a nice surprise too, my expecation before the game came out was that you'd be playing as a rookie to Dutch's gang that died in the end, a classic boring and safe pick. Instead we got the right hand man.