When fans do a better job than Sakurai and his team

smashultimatespirits.com/

This is amazing, some people actually amanged to give descriptions for all the 1300+ spirits in Smash.

Spirits having any descriptions was a mistake, they would be a fine replacement for trophies if they actually included it.

Attached: D35SPbFWAAE7B4L.png (885x395, 143K)

Other urls found in this thread:

smashultimatespirits.com/details.php?id=35
metroid.retropixel.net/gallery.php?gallery_id=mzm_manual&image_id=17
reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/bc22zy/here_it_is_every_super_smash_bros_ultimate_spirit/
youtu.be/PosUd8jr1GI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Delete this. Sakurai never makes a wrong decision.

Attached: 1541046619827.png (478x456, 407K)

MR. SAKURAI NO, I'LL BUY MORE FIRE EMBLEM, STOP, PLEASE!

They probably would have given them descriptions if

A. There weren't so damn many
B. Ultimate wasn't rushed out.
C. They weren't adding more over time.
D. They spent more than 0 time on them.

Based

>a collection of paragraphs
>better than a 3d game with 70+ playable characters
delusional

>Shilling your own shit

> Implying anyone on Yea Forums would spend time making this

>Sirius is a mysterious knight of mysterious origin. He says he's from across the sea, but is he really? He wears that mask all of the time, so it's hard to say, but he seems awfully familiar. Speaking of, that mask is allegedly from a royal family across the sea. Regardless, this knight is awfully able, and he seems awfully interested in protecting the Grustian royal children...
Nice prose

>not awfully nice prose
One job

Yeah, this is what happens when you leave writing to fans. Sounds like English wasn't their first language

Sakurai can do no wrong! Delete this right now!

Attached: 1534605582866.png (1718x1606, 797K)

Correct

Attached: images (4).jpg (225x225, 7K)

Things fall apart as soon as the third one.
>States that Luigi first appeared in the arcade Mario Bros., not the Game & Watch game.
>They "killed" monsters? Nintendo would never say "kill" anymore, the Mario Bros. "defeat" monsters.
>The "sewers of New York City"? Again, that's an idea Miyamoto used to conceptualize the setting, but it was never actually made official.
Three strikes and you're out.

Attached: lugi.png (814x323, 87K)

But most of these 70 characters where just copy paste from the past game. There's like 6 totally new characters, because echo doesn't take that much time to make.

To be fair, every past Smash game always said that Luigi first appeared in Mario Bros. Arcade

wow, that, is, so, well, written.

Knowing Treehouse, they'd probably do this if they could (and by that, I mean if they had any time left to care about it) but just mangle the shit out of these with hot memes.

are there more monkey gokus that came from the sky trapped in a sphere?

You have to keep in mind, Ultimate supports 11 different languages. Japanese, English, French, Spanish, German, Italian, Dutch, Russian, Korean, Simplified Chinese, and Traditional Chinese. They would have to make text for every single one.

Not directly. There's a reason they got rid of the one "debut" game in trophies and replaced them with two notable appearances - because that's how it always was in the Japanese version, and converting to the debut format inadvertantly created mistakes, so it was easier to just translate that directly instead of making an unnecessary, error-ridden localkization.

But whoever made this also littered it with memes: smashultimatespirits.com/details.php?id=35

Did you actually fucking read these?
Most of them have typos and run-on sentences. This is garbage.

I wish Spirits had descriptions too, but not like this.

Attached: 1436174341013.jpg (1290x714, 175K)

Read Journey to the West.

Holy shit

Attached: vivian.png (1351x685, 173K)

Vivian was a crossdresser you fricking fricks, why is this so hard to understand?

>We'll never get past this because autists don't get jokes.
She's a girl. Her sisters call her a man to upset her despite being the most attractive by far. The cast takes this at face value because Vivian is too shy to actually correct them. Fucking Christ.

Except the tattle (written from the perspective of Goomba) and in-game pause menu (written from the perspective of Mario in the Japanese version) both say that Vivian's a guy that convincingly looks like a girl, so this explanation is pure bullshit. There's clearly SOMETHING there, it's just somewhere in the middle and not a full-on statement of transgenderism like a lot of people these days want it to be.

In Sakurai's eyes it was either spirits descriptions or more playable characters

Now translate and localise them for the places that smash ultimate released.
Go on, I'll wait.

What they should do is make descriptions for the support and fighter spirits.

>They probably would have given them descriptions if Ultimate wasn't rushed out.
It’s funny because it’s true, but people like to view him as god who can do no wrong even though ultimate has lots of flaws and smash 4 happened, which everyone hates these days.

Vivian is quite literally transgender, it's a biologically male ghost that identifies as a woman.

They should add descriptions for 3.0.0.

That blurb has poor grammar.

t. seething rosterfag finding the most trivial shit to bitch about because they're mad geno/banjo/isaac isn't in the game

Someone is a little obsessed, you're literally the first ones who bring them up in this thread.

>Except the tattle (written from the perspective of Goomba) and in-game pause menu (written from the perspective of Mario in the Japanese version) both say that Vivian's a guy that convincingly looks like a girl
>The cast takes this at face value because Vivian is too shy to actually correct them.

It's a play on okama humor. Vivian is extremely shy and reserved and self-conscious but is confused for a loud, vain, showy archetype. The game overtly makes her sisters more stereotypically unattractive to emphasize the point. Beldam is shown to consistently lie and put down the middle member of the group. Her final interaction is the denouement of the game-long joke with her about to finally correct Mario but deciding against it.

You'd have to be an idiot to misunderstand this. It completely goes against the game's writing style and sense of humor, which is to be coyly misleading in an obvious way where the little kids point out the trick/error. From Flavio to Hooktail to the Glitz Pit, the game's humor is deeply rooted in Manzai standup tradition. To say only this one character bucks the trend through a series of coincidences (Beldam just HAPPENS to be honest this time and Vivian is DEFINITELY confessing her love instead of continuing the joke, etc) is moronic.

Don't worry, they won't.

This is low-quality

Glanced through half of the Mario ones. I could go on, but I'll spare myself the trouble.
>Daisy, princess of Sarasaland, now lives in the Mushroom Kingdom. Uh, citation needed?
>Bowser playing tennis or go-kart is not, by any means, a recent development.
>Nurse Toadstool is called Nurse Peach in the in-game tips, and I'm pretty sure they'd make sure to mention that she was only originally called Princess Toadstool -outside Japan-.
>Rosalina is called a "powerful princess", but she's only been called a princess by secondhand sources like Prima, not by Nintendo directly.
>It's the Junior Clown Car, not the Jr. Clown Car.
>It's the king of Water Land, not the Water King.
>They made sure to mention that Larry's apparently "Bowser's number one Koopaling" (according to some guide everyone forgot about), but not that Ludwig is "Bowser's second in command"?
>No way they'd randomly mention that Lemmy was named after Lemmy Kilmister of Motörhead.
>When is Morton lazy? Also the full names are something they sort of bury now.
>"There’s an entire species of Toads, which look exactly like him!" Actually, the Toad character no longer exists and is a legacy concept, and if you read Toad's previous trophies they all refer to it a species.
>Hothead also appeared in Super Princess Peach, not just Super Mario World and Smash Bros.
>Chargin' Chuch should have an apostrophe.
>Goomba is a character as well as a species?
>Pidgit mentions "Bullet Bill Blasters" (it's Bill Blasters), and really puts an emphasis on Wart when even THEY are in way more games he'll ever be.
>No way they'd be that direct about Birdo's gender.
>The same King Boo didn't take over a hotel on "Delfino Island" (it's Isle Delfino), that's a mistranslation.
>Magikoopa is also known as Kamek in Nintendo of Europe translations
You know how Kaptain K. Rool was stated to be King K. Rool's brother (which may or may not have been a dig at his disguise anyway)? It's like that, but for every other trophy/spirit.

Attached: toobad.png (811x363, 120K)

You fucking know they'd just give it to treehouse again... After Smash 4 I'm over it.

Jesus, I only read the descriptions for the more obscure characters that didn't have any before.

Its literally obvious she is trans, even the devs have said so, so take your inflammatory bullshit elsewhere pls

Wow fans spent all this time doing something so worthless? What do you mean they don't want to waste Dev time and money on giving descriptionz to things that don't matter at all?

If you've got confirmation, post it.

Huh, learned something new today

I'd rather have no descriptions if they're just going to be as cringeworthy as these.

Attached: cringe.png (1398x412, 107K)

Let me guess, this was written by some Bandana Dee fag

Attached: waddledeedescription.png (1246x710, 180K)

Well, they didn't play it.

Attached: RareFrogCoin = Cricket Pie.png (814x352, 94K)

Earthbound ones are pretty based though

Attached: Screenshot_20190413-150508_Chrome.jpg (1184x933, 358K)

jesus christ these are awful, congrats on making me not want spirit descriptions

Attached: dedede tired.png (950x596, 178K)

I think there was confirmation from one of the localizers, not sure about the devs themselves but I'd gladly like to hear it if true. Also Clyde Mandelin was supposed to do an article on it but he's probably saving it for one of his books.

>copy/paste shit from wikis
>healthy serving of headcanons and theories treated as facts as well
>done by a dozen autists who would be worthless to game development in every other regard
NINTENDO!

H
I
R
E

T
H
E
S
E

M
E
N
!

All right I said I wouldn't torture myself any further but this cracked me up for some reason. Remember when Kammy Koopa said "It is I, the Lieutenant of all of Bowser's army?"

Attached: Lieutenant.png (816x362, 73K)

>Not awfully mysterious prose
Come on dawg

OH NO NO NO NO NO NO

Attached: LiterallyWrong.png (973x362, 80K)

As cool as this is, it's a complete waste of time. Did you know Ultimate has over 1k+ tips and is the first Smash game to have move descriptions for every special? How many of you guys went out of your way to read them? Probably only the really autistic ones, cause it's a waste of time, why would I read the in game descriptions of moves when the internet is a much better resource? Same thing with Spirits, why go out of your way to write 1.3k spirit descriptions when 99% of the players will ignore it? Even if someone body cared, they could just google them.

As a game developer i can assure you game development is really not that different from what youre describing. Very few people work in engine, me included, and most do creative design work to flesh out characters, the world, story etc

These text limits are all over the place.

Has Nintendo hired you yet?

>most do creative design work to flesh out characters, the world, story etc
Except these guys aren't even doing creative work. It's a large team of guys who's only job is to regurgitate facts, and they can't even get that right.

>I think there was confirmation from one of the localizers
I wouldn't doubt that for a second. At least one person on staff clearly took it at face value given how it was steamrolled over instead of replaced with a different joke.

Thing is, there's a myth that TTYD's JP script sucks, but it's actually just dry. It writes things out in very simple terms to accentuate the goofs and to make it easier for kids to grasp. While a lot of the punched up localization dialogue is good, it also glosses over or outright misses some of the original humor. It isn't an error free translation, and Vivian is one of the jokes that doesn't directly refute the misunderstanding, so I can totally understand how that kind of misunderstanding can occur.

But if Tomato says it's a dude, I'll take his word. The guy has a far better grasp of Japanese writing than I do. I suspect that if he is writing up about it he'll be saying she really is a girl, however. "Internet common knowledge is correct" doesn't make for an interesting write-up, and he usually has keen insight.

Nintendo is n e v e r going to acknowledge the Hudson Soft computer games. It's a dirty deal they sweep under the rug like the edutainmen and CD-i games.

Attached: neverever.png (471x199, 21K)

What the fuck?

Attached: 80644FF8-544A-44B8-A9CE-75BF2BC4904E.png (1242x493, 208K)

I mean the Kirby games do always poke at him "deserving a prize" so it isn't too out of place here
The problem with that description however has to do with
>He has literally never been called Bandana Dee canonically, it's just some fanon nickname
>It runs on for way too long. Cut everything from "In Kirby's Return to Dream Land" to "big enemies that threaten Dream Land," as well as the prize shit

Attached: 1530218750522.jpg (1024x576, 54K)

god fucking damn it

Attached: Cranky.png (180x14, 1K)

Keep doing this, love to see people get stuff wrong.

Lol @ Rosemary\s description.
>Unfortunately, their love wasn't meant to last, as Raiden would always come home drunk, trying to forget the memories of his past as a soldier for Solidus.

How is OP going to recover, holy shit.
He tried shilling his retarded fanfiction thinking that people would call it based.

Underrated post.

Tr4.5h BTFO lmao

No, but I work for a well known AAA studio in north america
If you work on any game that is a part of an existing franchise this is pretty much what you do. Lead designers are responsible for most new content.

based

>He has literally never been called Bandana Dee canonically, it's just some fanon nickname
Apparently, he was called Bandana Dee internally in Kirby Super Star Ultra and Kirby's Dream Collection: Special Edition.
>inb4 he first appeared in Megaton Punch
fuck you, he wasn't a character back then and no one I repeat NO ONE called him Bandana Dee. Bandana Waddle Dee is not an "ascended fanon" in any way, shape or form.

>draw a girl
>call it a boy
They can't keep getting away with it

>I work for a well known AAA studio in north america
*WHEEEEEEEEEEEZE*

>Apparently, he was called Bandana Dee internally
That doesn't matter, he's always been called either Bandana Waddle Dee or just Waddle Dee

A cursory glance at the speed stats tells me that Funky is not, in fact, the "fastest character in the game", but someone with more knowledge on the game is free to prove me wrong.

Attached: Kapture.png (806x337, 84K)

>Donkey Kong often looks up to him as a role model
>This bodacious ape isn't too fond of adventuring
These two "facts" have never been mentioned. In fact, the new Funky mode in the Switch version disproves the latter.

He is the fastest character in Mario Kart Wii, so that's right
However,
>"This bodacious ape isn't too fond of adventuring"
is a flat out lie considering Tropical Freeze

There's also this. I know she was DK's girlfriend in the French cartoon, but as far as I know they never confirmed it in the games (hence why she was called a "rumored girlfriend" in one of the actual Smash games).

Attached: bigenoughtofapto.png (816x539, 194K)

I know Funky was arguably the best character when using a specific bike, but don't think it's just purely speed. Actual text by Nintendo wouldn't mention metagame shit anyway.

This is basic stuff
He doesn't even have the same last name

Attached: Nathan.png (1571x330, 271K)

>doing it for free
vs
>paying someone to research and type this

Attached: 1450742740672.png (800x1280, 223K)

I like how the writer refers to the Donkey Kong Country animal friends as "animal buddies", it's like "wtf calling them friends is so gay, i can fix this."

Okay now accurately translate it into 13 other languages. Oh, and bring those people back if you ever want to add more spirits

>Hey! That's not a Golden Dash Mushroom!
Yes it fucking is
Golden Mushrooms and Golden Dash Mushrooms are literally the exact same thing

Attached: 1535729054957.png (1878x954, 480K)

Whoops, looks like you missed a spot.

Attached: FRIENDS.png (446x221, 18K)

Don’t forget to get approval from all the character owners!

Attached: 32C6ECF6-C3CD-490C-9573-C9EA17868A8C.gif (510x235, 2.35M)

Doing a fan project like this takes less effort than if it were official

Did the guy who wrote this have a stroke

Attached: Akira.png (1309x579, 159K)

C'mon man, they got it wrong and they corrected it later, they don't need to keep reinforcing a previous localization to you. Shit like this is why we'll never get a namefix on the scale of Peach or Eggman ever again.

Attached: whatislocalization.png (268x16, 1K)

Usually, the Zelda trophies are relevant to the character incarnation it's depicting. So why describe Zelda II's backstory with A Link Between Worlds' image?

Attached: ZeldaIIBetweenWorlds.png (814x319, 111K)

motherfucker

Attached: wemeetagainmisterdragmire.png (137x16, 868)

The classic amateur mistake of getting the name of the console wrong.

Attached: Gamecube.png (436x91, 8K)

It's canon to me and you can't disprove it. :^)

>still can't do this with spirits
yikes! imagine unironically wanting soulless jpegs in a game instead of soulful 3d models

Attached: Trophy.jpg (1024x768, 1.41M)

what the fuck am I reading

Attached: 1531441466351.jpg (818x960, 103K)

>Part pig, part goblin,
>While depicting bulldog design.

Attached: Molbin.png (817x378, 141K)

It was removed from the partially-retranslated Game Boy Advance version along with Mandrag Ganon. That alone should suffice.

>Censorship by modern Nintendo is "canon."

He put in Dark Pit, you know, the fighter NO ONE ASKED FOR?

Because this person did the stupid but semi-common mistake of thinking the Zelda II backstory of Zelda's name applies to all Zeldas, even though that's impossible since that would mean the Triforce of Courage has been missing since the first Princess Zelda.

>Armed with her magical staff, Krystal and Fox unite to save the planet from the plans of General Scales

What about the part where she was trapped in a crystal the whole game while Fox did all the heavy lifting?

Attached: krystaldescription.png (1245x507, 117K)

It wasn't censored, it was ADDED to the SNES version manual and wasn't in the Japanese text at all like all the localizations you claim to hate.

>Historical revisionism
tsk tsk

It's admittedly explained pretty poorly, but it's generally agreed that Agahnim was an alter ego of Ganon, not really his own person (except in the manga).

Attached: truemaster.png (816x358, 116K)

>A more accurate translation of the original text is historical revisionism.

Attached: dO9G5jS.gif (460x276, 152K)

>It's literally just the plot of Lilo and Stitch

friendly reminder that being good at something =/= liking doing it

Wait, NOW they're listing two games?

Attached: twogames.png (807x409, 130K)

I mean, it's not wrong in the real-world sense, but chronologically, there was an Epona previously in The Minish Cap.

Attached: original.png (806x356, 76K)

It's because Impa was only mentioned and didn't make a physical appearance, even though the same can be said of Ganondorf in A Link to the Past.

What makes you say Ultimate was rushed, out of curiosity?

The whole river/sea Zora thing comes from such obscure dialog from Oracle of Ages that was probably written by Capcom instead of Nintendo, and is probably only relevant to Labrynna.

Attached: riversea.png (804x385, 107K)

>BitF reference
>how do you do, my fellow Waluigi fans?

Thanks, now I have cancer.

You're getting memed you autistic fuck.

It should be obvious that it is not the same Postman in these games. I bet the writer was a samelinkfag until it was proven wrong.

Attached: Postmen.png (813x393, 111K)

Disney is not known for original stories.

Not much to say about this one except I thought it was pretty amusing for how mean-spirited it is. It..ALMOST feels like something that would be a 3DS/Wii U trophy. Good job on this one.
(Okay I lied, I do have a gripe - some of the Twilight Princess spirits list the first appearance as Wii and others say "GameCube/Wii". Believe it or not, by official trophy logic, the former would actually be correct since the Wii version technically predated the GCN one by approximately a month.)

Attached: Agitha.png (813x448, 213K)

I knew that, I was just pointing the absurdity. Also lol not him.

"Princessly" is a word. Why the weird formating?

Attached: Princess-ly.png (814x436, 139K)

>Has the shortest description of any Champion by a mile.
Something tells me the writer did not like Revali.

Attached: fuckyoufalco.png (786x311, 78K)

This humor is such swing and miss.

Attached: longswirlsonthebeach.png (788x353, 87K)

Sakurai's team is full of hacks confirmed. They actually wanted the 8th FE character in.

Wasn’t Impa in Skyward Sword and BOTW?

Adding Mr. L humor to these Zelda trophies is so forced.

Attached: groan.png (814x814, 273K)

No joke Smash would be in a much better spot if Sakurai left nintendo after making melee

NINTENDO

Agitha is based as fuck and doesn't need therapy.

>No joke Smash would be in a much better spot if Sakurai left nintendo after making melee
lmao

What makes you say that?

I promise you, if DP wasn't in, you'd have just as many threads like those falseflagging tard threads with Steven, banjo, geno etc. user made it a hobby to support the least likely or most obscure faggots there is to be different

>attempted surgery
No, they performed some degree of surgery, otherwise the suit wouldn't be different.

Attached: attemptedsurgery.png (817x452, 141K)

>"Sakurai never makes a wrong decision"
>removes cool modes like break the targets or some shit
kek

"The wiki told me about this! It's not like the point of a description is to help set the record straight or anything."

Attached: Zoomer.png (807x333, 51K)

Fantastic. The autists here will actually go through 1300+ descriptions just to thump their piggy noses at, and feel superior for it

They wouldn't spoil the big twist of the entire game

4 had descriptions for its combined 1000+ trophies, and that game also had DLC trophies with descriptions. The lack of official descriptions is easily my biggest disappointments with Spirits.

t. smashultimatespirits.com writer

Actually, you spergs got played HARD. Why do error finding when you can have the retards on Yea Forums do it for you?
Such a delightful feeling, watching smug autists think they're the clever ones when reality is the opposite.

Doesn't matter, it's you faggots who will actually commit to this

No, this isn't some big unknown mystery, it's made pretty clear that Mother Brain usurped the Space Pirates and became their leader.

Attached: known.png (811x352, 107K)

How did Sakurai get away with this?

>Implying they'll be arsed enough to fix any of this shit.
Yeah okay.
And hey, if they DO, then cool.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure the highlighted part is just a fan-theory.

Attached: theoriginallifeformofzebes.png (812x337, 74K)

struck a nerve
if i called out a stevenigger, you'll scream rent free like a bitch you are.

That's actually pretty cool, even though people on Yea Forums will scream autism because it's not officially made by Nintendo.

>Regardless, this knight is awfully able, and he seems awfully interested in protecting the Grustian royal children...
SIRIUS NO

Attached: B15-026N_artwork.png (596x811, 682K)

Siriusly?

The Japanese Super Metroid manual actually states that Phantoon is Mother Brain's thought-waves given form, so we know what it's all about.

Attached: PhantomMotherbrain.png (823x308, 95K)

False, the Mecha Ridley costume color was only in the demo and was removed by the final game.

Attached: isthatcanon.png (813x349, 80K)

Attached: presented without commentary.png (870x626, 241K)

It's still there. They just moved the palette to the Meta Ridley model.

Attached: 1526279089277.png (670x548, 642K)

can we talk about more retarded fanshit decisions?:
>PMDT adding characters to the Clone Engine
>among the gba wank and contrarian bias the PM community and devs had, they were adding a Advance Wars rep.
>they pick Sami, who isn't the headlined MC of the former games, because all they could think of is giving Snake an offshoot fighter
>also waifufag bias, because somebody on tumblr did her a model already

>they didn't do Andy, despite the fact they can rip a page from JoJo and ArcSys games
>Bad Company, a stand that controls a tiny powerful army at whim.
>some GG character that has a tower defense moveset
>his clone engine character would be built off from Olimar since they have summon-based functions
seriously
first avoiding Ridley because of a retarded debate for Dark Samus and avoiding Shadow because muh 100 shadow mods, now this.

i hope they never come back finishing what they wanted to do

Attached: 275.png (1587x1587, 852K)

Yoshis don't come in more than one gender. This is repeatedly confirmed in practically every Smash game since Melee. Also, Nintendo doesn't refer to them as dinosaurs anymore for some reason (seriously, look it up).
So it is, my mistake.

Attached: Yoshie.png (806x370, 118K)

>the Yoshi

Sounds weird to me

trophies were only good and soulful in melee since they were done by scratch and still had classic mode trophies
the other real soul was the descriptions, but its been butchered by Treehouse jews

only retarded modders care about recycled model trophies, which they should've thrown out since.
a waste of dev time when we could get a better version of OP's shitty site

I'd replace the last two sentences with maybe other notable appearances like Yoshi's Story and Yoshi's Island DS, but if not, Koopa Kid from the Mario Party games is probably worth mentioning as well (though we're not sure what the relation is).

Attached: bytheway.png (795x363, 97K)

actually Sakamoto admitted Ridley gathered the Space Pirate swiftly out of pure evil sake.
its unknown how long Ridley had these guys before he shared his Supreme Command power to Mother Brain and Grey Voice

Wasn't she given the job when the space pirates learned she could control the Metroids or is that just Nintendo Power Comics bullshit?

There's a reason the spirit wasn't called the Baseball Boys, and that's because it's a term that sort of got out of hand just from the level's title. Even the wiki considered deleting the page.

Attached: BaseballBoys.png (813x306, 64K)

Smash bros would never have a description like this.
0/10 not reading any other spirit

Wait how does phantoon eat
If you punched him would he be crying or drooling

Should probably clarify that this is referring to Super Mario World.

Attached: ilearnedsomethingtoday.png (803x335, 90K)

>corporate money focused company
versus
>unlimited autism and some programming knowledge
who wins?

Attached: 1363195884310.jpg (240x311, 15K)

Congratulations op. You played yourself.

Attached: gplus1551700005274316150.jpg (1020x1588, 228K)

>3DS remake of Yoshi's Woolly World
Just say "Poochy & Yoshi's Woolly World". It's what Nintendo would do.

Attached: remake.png (809x347, 106K)

See this? Don't do this. You know what you did. Don't do it again. Seriously.

Attached: anime.png (803x349, 74K)

HIRE THIS MAN NINTENDO

Alot of the melee trophys were N64 models.
And if they could import more models they would. Why would they make a model from scratch if theres models of the same character that exist already? It makes no sense.

>Alluding to the ancient "Nightmare-possessed Meta Knight" fan-theory from the heyday of Kirby's Rainbow Resort.
Holy shit, I never thought I'd see this one again. But it's moot because Kirby Star Allies confirmed that Revenge of Meta Knight was legit since the Jamba Heart (briefly) reignited his old ambitions.
>Dreamland
Every single time.

Attached: you're nightmare-inducing.png (811x386, 58K)

Attached: Dvm5cZJU0AATl_m.jpg (1070x1200, 157K)

You clearly didn't play the spinoffs where King Dedede is still a bastard.

Attached: ohreally.png (809x416, 132K)

>Alot of the melee trophys were N64 models.
only a few and most of it is jist pokemon since GameFreak are hacks
even 64 Andross's trophy was entirely redone
>Why would they make a model from scratch if theres models of the same character that exist already?
because the modeling team actually had fun doing this. just porting models is pure laziness and no port to it if it isnt all redone like Viridi's cut Stage prop model in Smash 4

This also applies to Kine and Coo, but I'm pretty sure Kirby was already friends with them before they were captured.

Attached: AnimalFriends.png (799x365, 79K)

Gryll is not a girl because Drawcia is considered the first female final boss in the Kirby series. I'm pretty sure this was mentioned on Miiverse while it was active.

Attached: Gryll is kill.png (806x342, 78K)

To be fair, they're called Zoomers in the ZM manual
metroid.retropixel.net/gallery.php?gallery_id=mzm_manual&image_id=17

Maybe, but they seem to be fine spoiling other things

Just "game" would work. Sub-games refer to mini-games like Megaton Punch and Samurai Kirby.

Attached: sub.png (795x348, 77K)

It's never outright said but most people agree that Ridley sort of let Mother Brain take over since he doesn't so much care about the planning and strategic parts of the Space Pirates conquest as much as he just wants to fuck shit up.

>implying photo studio was soulless

Attached: 151EC5ED-B843-48C7-BA23-C615DE3C6B52.jpg (800x450, 99K)

Were you there? How do you know the modeling team had fun? Have you seen how awful some of those trophies look? Considering melee was rushed out the door they were probably under stress to get shit out.

Honestly, I'm just glad people acknowledge all the good he's done overall.

Even when's he's a bastard it's mostly just to fuck with Kirby.

"Zoomer" is the result of a translation error, and for that reason would be unlikely to be mentioned in a trophy (or spirit) description. Retro Studios did try to split Geemers and Zoomers, but the Japanese translation made them separate enemies entirely, so that only added to the confusion.

>All those commas
>Those terrible descriptions

>implying anyone would read the description of 1300 characters

Attached: thisistoomuch.jpg (247x324, 26K)

>Were you there? How do you know the modeling team had fun?
the simple fact they put the effort on custom trophies models than any other game did
also japs love to work.

>Have you seen how awful some of those trophies look?
they all looked good for its time. especially the Wario, Unmasked Samus, and K.Rool models.
or are you the underage spammer that got mad some twitterfag stole your Wood DK meme?

Even Kirby fans do this all the time, but the name of that thing is just "Nova" 99% of the time. One of the Treehouse Logs uses "Nova, the Galactic Comet", which suggests that it may have been intended as "Galactic Comet Nova" (ala other planets in KSSU) and so the level descriptor was probably shortened for space constraints.

Attached: GalacticComet.png (811x350, 124K)

It also would've made localization hard

you get the same fun by doing fanart or miiverse drawings

It's the "Master" Copy Ability, not the "Master Sword".

Attached: Master.png (814x390, 96K)

this
also the Benimaru Itoh Super Metroid comic portrayed Ridley as a dick
he doesn't care if a portion of his army dies with Mother Brain, he'll scram.

>criticising some random user on the internet for doing a half ass job for free.
Specially when Sakurai didn't put any effort into it.

You disgust me Yea Forumsee

He didn't retrieve it, he attempted to.

Attached: attemptedretrieval.png (812x371, 65K)

The Jamba Heart is the main object, its pieces are the dark hearts.

Attached: darkhearts.png (827x410, 97K)

>I wonder how he knew how the solution to such a rare occurrence

Attached: 5 - Plague Rat of Doom.gif (128x120, 2K)

Technically, it's the Galaxia Sword.

>implying any effort was put into this either
This is the equivalent of using mud to paint a black and white picture because the artist was "too lazy to add color :)", or avoiding plagiarism when writing a research paper by simply never consulting any sources other than rumors you've heard people joke about. If you're going to do something, do it right else you'd be better off not doing it at all. Fucking retard. You didn't even fit your images properly into the pages so you get microscopic horseshit like this.

Attached: file.png (1271x699, 178K)

>shill a garbage website full of errors that prove he (read: you) couldn't be bothered to read a wiki, much less actually play the games
>get called out
>B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-BUT SAKURAI DIDN'T DO ANYTHING!
No information > misinformation
Also, Sakurai knows most of the civilized world can just google them and find more information than a single paragraph can provide anyway. There is literally no point to this website

some people here rather wish for nothing than Dark Samus being an echo
i prefer nothing than getting treehouse writing or awful fan writing.

It's one thing if these were fun little descriptions that floated around among friends or in forums, but as a website with the audacity to call itself smashultimatespirits.com as if it had some authority? Yeah, this was to be expected.

The trophy descriptions in Smash have always been full of errors and made up shit, at least this is accurate in that way

Not as often as you'd think, though. If they are, most of the time it comes down to a shitty translation, with the sole exception I can think of being the genuine Kaptain K. Rool fuckup.

Looks cool but the huge space and lettering really makes me mad. 4/10 work.

>They made sure to mention that Larry's apparently "Bowser's number one Koopaling"
That's what it said in Smash 4 too, when was it said that Ludwig is Bowser's second in command?

>One of Wolf's tips directly mentions Star Fox 2.
>Not good enough for the Walker description.
why.

Attached: SF2.png (814x331, 71K)

>He has literally never been called Bandana Dee canonically
He was called that in the Triple Deluxe site but still, in games it's always either Bandana Waddle Dee or just Waddle Dee

The same Nintendo Power guide that also first called Larry the youngest.

They're all like that. These descriptions are annoying.

>Power guide
I don't know if I'd trust those

Yes, it's mentioned right in the Star Fox Assault manual that Pigma and Oikonny were both kicked out.

Attached: kicked out.png (827x421, 120K)

Yet they call Larry the youngest in Smash, with a giant period in between where they never mentioned his age.

Yeah, but has Ludwig ever been referred as Bowser's second in command in any actual game?

Junior is Bowser's second-in-command these days, while Ludwig ranks third and more or less calls the shots among the other Koopalings in the Bowser's Inside Story remake.

This is so stupid I laughed. Congrats, this is the third description that managed to get a chuckle out of me after Agatha and Adam Malkovich.

Attached: for free.png (807x361, 112K)

>"localizes" famicom mukashibanashi to "famicom fairytales"
>doesn't also translate yūyūki to "Journey to the West"
wew, what retard wrote this?

I'd say Kamek is probably maybe above the Koopalings

Attached: Host Kamek.png (252x223, 56K)

I recall Brawl also mixing up one of the Metroid Prime Hunters bios.

Shit like Piranha plant, stuff getting added in a day one patch, missing modes, but most of all the christmas timing after a year of no games.

>StarJannies.png

I don't have all day so I'll leave you with some advice that can hopefully help you to turn this around.
1) Fix the overall presentation (image size, word/character limit, consistency, etc.)
2) Get a fact-checker who'll verify sources are game-accurate and not just slapped off of some fan-site.
3) Get a proofreader, there are tons of minor errors on top of that which would never make it in Smash.

Attached: 695bf6ccadbdc5c59e983b1b925b8b2b.jpg (480x337, 30K)

smash is also in ALOT OF LANGUAGES.

Isn't Kamek really just an ordinary Magikoopa? That tends to be the case for these interchangeably characters/species in the Mario series.

Even more games than that.

The lack of modes, the fact that world of light takes most of its content from other modes already in the game, the fact that it only took 2-3 years to make, the fact that classic mode only has one platforming stage and not at least like 5 that rotate, the fact that it looks way too similar in appearance to smash 4, and more. I still like ultimate, though, I just wish that it was a tiny bit better.
Also, I am not this guy.

The Oracle games where she's designed as a total lard-ass.

Every smash game took 2-3 years to make. Whats your point? The omission of stuff doesn't mean a game was rushed. Their ultimate goal was bringing everyone back. Once they suceeded in doing that, everything else was gravy. You would not say Smash 4 was rushed because it lacked the SSE, they just didn't include it. The idea behind WOL was to take advantage of all the characters in the game and create scenarios that appeared similar to other video game characters, since this is the most amount of characters the game will ever have, it was unfeasible to add anything like brawl or melees adventure mode. The abence of modes nobody used like Home Run contest doesnt really detract from the games quality, because even though it will likely be added in the 3.0 patch, i can guarantee you no one will be playing that for more than 10 minutes. Stage builder is cool though.

He's still THE Magikoopa, he gets his own boss battles and has been with Bowser since he was a baby

Attached: Kamek and Baby Bowser.png (555x480, 382K)

What's the problem with Star Warrior or should be called the Pink Devil?

>the localizers said so

so a literal who didn't get the joke and assumed the ghost had a penis

>But if Tomato says it's a dude, I'll take his word.

why the fuck would I care what a fucking fan translator has to say? He just saw the magypsies from Mother 3 and assumed that Vivian was the same way.

How do we know it's always the same Magikoopa?

Attached: flat.jpg (706x800, 76K)

Fans can do these things because they:
>Effectively have no time limit or resource allocation limit due to being a conglomeration of autists with nothing better to do
>Don't have any corporate red tape like two-three cycles of editorial approval on every single decision
>Can just get someone who cares about each franchise, rather than being stuck with the team they have

He's a professional translator. A lot of them had to start somewhere.

Because it's obvious, duh

Attached: Da gang.png (1267x677, 171K)

but he didn't work on TTYD so why should I care? he is going in with a ton of biases esspecially with the tumblrfag Earthbound and Undertale community who would rip his throat out if he told them Vivian was 100% a girl.

No, it should be the Pink Wonder.
Joking aside, Kirby games=/=anime.

Don’t you have anything better to do other than nitpick?

For the most part, it seems Kamek doesn't really pull rank and lets the kids do as they like, though he will help as he sees fit.

Don't you have anything better to than write for a fansite?

You really think that every mode that was cut isn’t in ultmate because they chose not to and none were cut because of time limits? Also, you say that the modes cut are things that barely anyone plays, but I would argue the exact same thing about most of the roster. Also, you can’t excuse WoL for just rehashing other modes. Also, if it really is true that they couldn’t even make an adventure mode about the length of melee, which takes a few minutes at most to beat, then you’re just proving my point that the game was rushed out.

I wish we saw more of bowser jr and the koopalings, together.

You just want to trash people’s work because everything isn’t perfect.
>Wah! Poochy’s description should use the full title instead of “3DS Remake”!
>Wah! Walker didn’t mention Star Fox 2 even though Zero was it’s proper introduction!
Like seriously. You’re just jealous cause you couldn’t pull off making something like this.

Apparently, neither can you.

I'm loving this thread. Keep it going.

Attached: 1484641056hj.jpg (598x451, 76K)

> Every smash game took 2-3 years to make.
Melee was made in like 13 months

Based Sakuraidrone

>You’re just jealous cause you couldn’t pull off making something like this.

I'm actually not the guy tearing you down, but anybody can do this. A wiki can do this. Good job showing how butthurt you are at some nobody tearing you a new butthole, though.

Sad it's not melee UI

He's still a specific character when he appears in Japanese games, he just doesn't have his own name (sort of like Yoshi, ironically).

>why would I read the in game descriptions of moves when the internet is a much better resource
Zoomer.

It's totally fair criticism. It doesn't matter if someone is doing it on their own time or not. It's been uploaded to the internet, therefore it's free game for "nitpicking".
Also, the descriptions are just bad and I'd argue that this person didn't try too hard in many of these cases. They probably just checked the wikis at best which is incredibly lazy. No one deserves praise for just checking wikis.

Not that poster. I've just been lurking the thread.

Attached: 1540478083458.png (136x135, 32K)

>still no doomguy

here. How about I just oblige (You) with one of these?

Attached: lets-a stop.png (1246x679, 284K)

you brought this onto yourself
the smash fanbase nitpick everything Sakurai's does to the game and he doesn't give a shit unless he eventually agrees
just because you're a fan that is doing this, doesn't save you from smashfag criticism.

kys OP

cope and proofread
this is worse than whatever Treehouse had to shit out last game
and they did a good job doing Master Spirit descriptions too

The dumb thing with classic mode platforming stage is that there's two extra variants that are unused for some reason and another planned but unfinished

Nice samefag.

Stay seething

Attached: LiterallyWrong2.png (424x173, 12K)

Stop pretending you are the OP retard, nobody on Yea Forums would spend time making this.

This, Sakurai is a big fucking nerd, i bet the next update will have descriptions for all spirits

i bet the only reason why we don't have them is because everytime sakurai gets checks the information he goes "Well achtuary sonic's first appearance was in Rad Mobile as a little toy in the car"

Attached: 3xY.gif (400x400, 101K)

What’s wrong with this one?

Whatever, you’re all assholes

So what if I’m not? You wouldn’t be able to tell either way since we’re all user

Because a team on Discord and Reddit made this, not a seething nobody like you.

reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/bc22zy/here_it_is_every_super_smash_bros_ultimate_spirit/

I think that you're taking things a little too personally.
>Mistakes were made
>People are bringing attention to them
If the people working on these genuinely cared about what they were doing they would go back and make corrections.

Attached: 1553531411227.png (1241x782, 134K)

reminder lads
smash 4 wii u is for chads

Attached: Screen_Shot_2018_12_14_at_1.22.09_PM.png (1130x697, 430K)

They said the same thing about Toad and look where he is now.

Attached: Toad#35.png (766x435, 441K)

Then bring it up to them instead of whining on here.

>a thousand of fans with nothing better to do all day, including showering/bathing and other hygiene management
>vs
>a limited staff under limited work hours
>vs
>fighting polygon team

Attached: will smith at a melee tournament.jpg (640x479, 43K)

>a biologically male ghost
user really

Smash 3ds has less lag and smash run

>They didn't add Saber
kek

>instead of whining on here.
I don't think we're the ones who are whining here.

That Toad could be talking about that game where he was that generic Toad in the background, Kamek is always shown to be a high ranking Magikoopa, even if he has no name outside of America.

>THIS IS WRONG THIS IS WRONG IT’S ALL WRONG
“Okay, but you’re just nitpicking”
>SHUT UP IF THEY WANTED IT TO BE GOOD THEY’D FIX IT
“Then maybe you can talk to them instead of complaing on Yea Forums?”
>NUH-UH YOU’RE THE ONE WHINING!

Okay, hypocrite.

I already said I'm not the nitpicker, but whatever. I'll leave (you) to keep crying your eyes out because big brother Yea Forums doesn't like your shitty Smash site.

Attached: the op right now.jpg (467x393, 43K)

The Monkey King

youtu.be/PosUd8jr1GI

Yeah this site is shit, has the worst opinions, and only shouts “REDDIT” because it’s a better site to share opinions than this cesspool.

Neat.

ultimate is such a lazy game
4 years of development for a minor graphical update, some ported stages, and like 5 new characters
sakurai still acting like he worked himself to death on this lol