Grim Dawn

What pairs well with Arcanist?

Attached: e5479f45047987fff542c48d7c0639cfca128850.jpg (1024x646, 371K)

Other urls found in this thread:

grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72691
grimtools.com/calc/a2E5nrm2
grimtools.com/calc/r2BAd5zN
grimtools.com/calc/RZRGE64N
grimtools.com/calc/p25q1Yl2
grimtools.com/calc/vNQv5Mj2
grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81737
grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64584
grimtools.com/calc/RVvOEdjZ
grimtools.com/calc/4NOvEz4Z
youtube.com/watch?v=cJM9EKk0tec
youtube.com/watch?v=McJhA7aFlhY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Pretty much anything, but soldier/arcanist seems to be pretty fucking broken atm

What makes it broken?

>Arcanist
Depends. If you're going cold caster, you'd consider Nightblade unironically for the cold stacking.
Or Necromancer for their buffs and such.
Shaman and Occultist have their highlights.
Soldier if you just wanna fucking have enough defenses to not worry too much.

The fact you can convert 100% of your cadence damage to elemental just by investing 3 points into your skill tree, and that the mindwarp sword and the Krieg set is a thing. Also, Maiven's sphere of protection and Mirror of Ereoctes, which is the reason every arcanist build is busted

I really like Necro/Arcanist. Soldier/Arcanist is cool too with several good build options.

But literally any combination is good though some are more reliant on gear support than others so just pick what seems cool to you.

>used to have necro/arcanist
>skeletons with that arcane landmine devotion linked, AAR with raise dead bound to it
>run with a bitchin skelebro bombing squad while shooting a beam from the backline that would raise more skeleton
>mfw they patch the game and you can no longer put arcane landmines on the skeletons
Deleted the character and I'll be mad until the very day that I die

Attached: 1420345908884.jpg (400x267, 32K)

>playing Necro/Arcanist as a pet build instead of being the master of freezing your dick off.

OH BOY
IT'S TIME FOR ANOTHER SUB-300 HOUR SHITTERS POSTING LIKE THEY KNOW SHIT ABOUT THE GAME
CAN'T WAIT

Not as a pet build, the skeletons were cannon fodder and were there to basically put exploding sigils under my enemies that would then increase the damage of AAR. Not everyone is a metaslave, some of us play for fun

>getting this insecure and defensive over a simple comment like that
wew lad

>Level 32
>found an epic 2 hander that does 1000 more DPS than anything else I've found
Did I get really lucky or something?

A less shitty game

Nah, it probably just happens to synergize really well with your build. It happens sometimes when it has just the right damage types or conversion that it just outperforms literally anything else at that level.

The worst thing about running into an item like that while leveling is that now you're going to be stuck with the same item for the next 10+ levels, because unless you're really lucky you're not going to find anything better for a while.

do I need to follow a build to play this game or can I just yolo

So I've played through the story once and was thinking of playing a new character.
Had a general question regarding what you're supposed to do when going through the game a second time.

Do you just go into the expansion as soon as possible and just run the the random portal things to level? Play through the story again? Bump up to the next difficulty after normal? I guess I just don't know what I should be doing but I've been enjoying playing. But I assume I shouldn't waste time grinding the random portal things on normal when I can bump up to the next difficulty.

i'm yoloing an inquisitor and i have to say i have died to bosses and it feels i have so littel health. Any tips? LEvel 34 atm

It's easy enough to respec multiple times so I wouldn't worry too much your first time around. They just don't let you pick your classes so get an idea of what type of character you want to play before locking into the classes.

Grim Dawn? More like Grim Yawn.

If you just want to finish the campaigns, just #YOLO it and ask for advice on the official forums or reddit if you feel you're hitting a wall. You can finish all normal content even on Ultimate difficulty with just about any build, as long as you pay attention to your damage types (try to focus on just one or two types as much as possible) and your resistances (they're important especially on higher difficulty, unless you like getting one-shot).

If you want to do the secret superbosses, and/or grind top-level Crucible and Shattered Realms content, you either need to be really smart with your build or just copy a top-tier build, because that shit tends to get ridiculous.

I yoloswag'd it successfully on hardcore
I didn't kill everything in the game though, just the main bosses, a lot a side stuff that I didn't do
But this was before the two expansions

Attached: 1538843978545.jpg (3024x4032, 785K)

Play Path of Exile

is melee viable? I want to play a 2H big sword guy

no u

When I was leveling my elemental damage based mage hunter I found a prismatic eviscerator at low level and that shit was my weapon until level 75

Everything goes with everything. Sit back and relax, this is not path of excrement

Anything is, really. You can get retarded strong doing pretty much whatever as long as you go for synergies.

The most OP builds in the game right now are melee, though those are sword&board instead of 2H. 2H sword is still great though, especially when using skills with high % weapon damage.

>PoE so dead you have to come into other threads and beg people to play

Yikes

Attached: 1500931863174.png (960x639, 488K)

The only real must if you play a 2H anything is getting all nodes in the Kraken constellation. Even the rogue class works with 2H weapons

cool thanks

Attached: file.png (768x1024, 1.53M)

Take a look at this one, I rolled a similar character and is my favourite so far
grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72691
If 2H maces are not your thing you can use illusions to change the appearance of your weapons and armor anyway

Oathkeeper. Templars are almost as good as paladins thematically

You can easily yolo through veteran(the "hard" version of normal) and have a good chance of bumbling your way through elite, which will take you roughly to 75-80ish. Ultimate mode you do have to know what you're doing though

What's your other class? Just in inquisitor though word of renewal and inquisitor seal are fantastic defensive skills.

By the time you're done with Veteran and Elite, you probably have a good idea of what you need for Ultimate unless you haven't been paying attention at all.

Honestly even ranged in this game is just a flavor of melee. There's no such thing as a character that doesn't need some ability to face tank at least a little bit in grim dawn. But yeah 2-h is very feasible. God bless the kraken devotion

Oh I totally agree, but I'm not going to discount the possibility that someone that bad at video games exists for the sake of explanation yknow?

I'll look into this

Attached: ee.jpg (1920x1080, 385K)

Pet builds rarely have to facetank. Trap/totem builds can kite for days as well.

But yeah, there's not really such a thing as a pure ranged build, mostly because you can't move and attack at the same time so kiting is tedious and slow.

Are there any good ranged builds that don't require kiting?

Doesn't make GD less shit

Pet builds are also complete ass because one tap easily means death.

>it's shit because I said so
If you don't have a reason why you say it's shit, then your whining is invalid.

>Pet builds are also complete ass

Attached: laughingsluts.jpg (600x536, 81K)

i already played through once with a forcewave warrior. whats another build with AOE skills? fuck clicking through every thing

Anyone know if its easy to pirate the expansions? I have the base game but I can't stretch the DLC right now

>have to cower in fear while fights are going on, praying to god that nothing looks your way

Yeah, my pyromancer stands and shoots from the hip while getting punched in the face. Unless it's a boss, in which case i'm dancing and dodging around like a ballerina evading ground targets and lobbing attacks between.

Most classes have a decent AoE option available.

Devouring Swarm Shaman, Bone Harvest Necro or Word of Pain Inquisitor are all easymodo for a significant part of the game.

It's ok to just admit you've never tried playing a pet build.

oathbreaker has a captain america shield throw that upgrades up to chaining to 5 targets. Later in the class you can respec into Spin2Win eye of reckoning. They're both preddy good, shield toss is probably more suited to being a sword&board

I have. I beat the main campaign with it.
Quit that character when I started malmouth.

I'll be honest I can't tell if you're agreeing with me or being sarcastic

Pretty sure he's agreeing, since that's what most ranged builds play like.

Captain america throw isn't great till ultimate ranks or until you have a significant amount of ret damage. Not saying its bad but for leveling builds vire's might and/or judgment are way better

What are your recommendations for a pure caster build?

>when you notice menhir's will proccing even though you were >80% health a second ago

My main is a druid. I would not recommend a shaman to be paired with arcanist unless you really adore the style.

Post your build.

>maxed out Righteous Fervor bound to left click
>max out Savagery bound to right click
>alternate between the two for maximum bonuses
Good idea?

Attached: 1386324343594.jpg (538x530, 65K)

>Nobody has mentioned Demolitionist yet
Sorcerer is one of the best ways to play an Aether Ray build, if that's your speed. Inquisitor is also a good combo, but only if you get that amulet that converts your Ray into lightning damage.

If you enjoy RSI, sure.

just levelling inquisitor actually. ALthough i haven't invested in word of renewal just word of pain and the ice and fire seals

>beating just the campaign in the first difficulty counts as "playing a build" in a arpg game
you have no idea what you're talking about

I was considering buying the new expansion but then I remember how ass it is to get all the shrines and shit.

Not to mention he somehow managed to make a character bad enough to die in one hit on the base difficulty.

Is Oathkeeper/Soldier a decent combo? They seem like they would inherently go well together.

>hours testing isn't enough because my theory says otherwise!
Fuck off

Honestly, solider doesn't really have many shield requirements.

Alright, but they do at least have some shield stuff. Hence why they look like a good combo. Given that Oathkeeper is pretty heavy on shield use, what else would you use? I mostly play casters, so I'm just asking for a friend that was considering trying Oath out.

grimtools.com/calc/a2E5nrm2

It's the best combo in the game at the moment.

Someone made a dual wielding warborn soldier/oathkeeper build and it kicks some major ass

I play both.
Fuck you, mass replyposter.

>2H
You have 3 really strong choices.
>Soldier/Shaman
>Soldier/Necro (this one's considered one of the easiest to set up because of the farmability of the Krieg set) *Requires the Ashes of Malmouth DLC
>Soldier/Demolitionist

yes just pirate the forgotten gods standalone and import your saves

Do you have a link? Sounds dope.

There you go my dude: grimtools.com/calc/r2BAd5zN
Could probably replace one of the gavels with some other weapon. I'm personally still trying to modify it in a way that makes EoR viable because I like the spin to win meme

My cabalist has 14.7k health and basically constant healing from bat procs, and it's not even a final item setup. He definitely can stand his ground while thicc bois delete everything in the room.

>Retaliation damage multiplication out of the ass
>Can fucking make Retaliation damage boost your main hit if you go with his basic replacer
>Become borderline immortal against anything short of Amstrada

Any tips for leveling Sentinel on Ultimate? Been using Blood Pox but some encounters really fuck me up.

Rush yourself in the crucible first

>Occultist/Oathkeeper
Wew.

>blood of Dreeg
>DEE
>CoF
You say it like it's not a good combo

But I want to go full poisonacid

He guys remember that time

revived krieg or theodin maxwell turned a bunch of young girls into breeding cattle and you had to burn them down? Seriously, they should work for Honsu from warhammer 40k or something lol

>conversion to Elemental on Cadence
>"just" 3 points
>on a class combination that has no Resistance Reduction for the damage type and very little RR on items that would synergize with Cadence at all
>invulnerability with poor uptime even with all gear focussed on reducing the cooldown
>broken
lol

>running around Gloomwald vomiting acid at any cannibal dumb enough to attack a servant of Dreeg

Poison builds are the best.

FG gives you 4 skill points most people have no fucking clue what to do with so it's not much of a cost, yes. That if you don't find some sort of weapon that does the conversion for you
>no RR
What's elemental storm?

>What's Elemental Storm
Not Resistance Reduction that is provided by either class and a poor type of RR on top of that.

>plenty of other sorts of RR available for elemental damage from devotions
>normal stars, not even celestial skills
>"it doesn't count because I said so"
Ok

Post your build.

people talking bout things they have no idea about the thread

I don't have a battlemage, but you an find plenty of crucible facerollers out there
grimtools.com/calc/RZRGE64N
grimtools.com/calc/p25q1Yl2
Most people out there use Beronath's to convert elemental shit to physical instead, so that's three points you don't have to spend

Play path of exile. This game doesn't even have map generation. Also, the character customization sucks dick.

yes because one must play 1 game and 1 game only, you can never play anything but that 1 game

Go eat a bag of dicks

have sex

But I thought Elemental Cadence was what's supposedly broken about Battlemage?

As I said in my previous post I was talking from speculation alone since I don't play that class, and I remember players throwing a shitfit when they nerfed that cadence modification to give electric damage instead of elemental
Mindwarp and Krieg are still something that synergizes perfectly with battlemage for aether (not elemental, my bad) damage, as you can see here
grimtools.com/calc/vNQv5Mj2
Now kindly go fuck yourself

>What pairs well with Arcanist?
Only Soldier and Nightblade apparently because he can only reduce physical resistance

>0 posts ever mention pierce blademaster
Am I playing a shit build? It's my only character (93) and I really can't be bothered starting a new one

>Now kindly go fuck yourself
No.
>players throwing a shitfit when they nerfed that cadence
Yes, just like the forum shitters will complain about anything. In fact it wasn't even nerfed. Conversion to just Lightning is superior because it's easier to build around, which was the reason why it was changed in the first place. People just didn't like it for whatever reason so it got changed again. And then the flat damage got added because it's just that awful. Maybe it's usable now but certainly not with an Arcanist.
>not elemental, my bad
Good, you admit that you were wrong.

>No.
Your loss

What affects elemental damage resistance? Like if a monster has 30% cold damage and 50% fire damage what takes priority?

It's completely broken right now and by far and away the best build in the game, straight up trivializing a lot of the hardest content. Devs have already confirmed it's getting nerfed though so maybe avoid building it if you'd rather not deal with that.

>Item literally made for oathkeepers
>Not a single Oathkeeper skill buff

Attached: Grim Dawn_2019_04_10_02_44_11_259.jpg (1920x1080, 1.64M)

Elemental damage is 33%+33%+33%+1%. Every increase or decrease of a certain element works only on its part, *elemental* damage works on all of it.

How do I level my Ghol's pet ritualist?

I'm doing skeles and having briarthorn and blight fiend tank for them but they're pretty flimsy without blood of dreeg. Should I just focus on briarthorn + blight fiend?

Eh, I meant to put "+1%" under spoiler as a joke. It's 1/3 of damage, actually.

Attached: 549467.jpg (395x394, 40K)

Noted, though I imagine the nerf will make it fair instead of OP. We're holding off a bit before picking up the expansion anyway. Hopefully that balancing will go through by the time we start up.

>having briarthorn and blight fiend tank for them but they're pretty flimsy without blood of dreeg
Transute blight fiend, thank me later. He basically has an unlimited health and works fine as a living bomb.
Or as a main pet in a certain builds with a certain item.

You can play whatever you like. Usually people ill tell you to get to ultimate as soon as you can. Here's some advice on levelling grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81737

Justicar was always a demolitionist/commando set more than anything else for some ass backwards retarded reason

I'll give it a shot. There's briarthorn that's always there anyway with the skeles.

This is my third pet build after Cabalist and Conjuror. I feel retarded for having 3 of what is effectively the same character but I just want to give all of these a shot now that I have the full set for this too.

Attached: rupy.png (600x573, 154K)

didn't install the game yet, but is that cyclone/whirlwind ability good?

Attached: 1355575824691.jpg (600x896, 310K)

I used a save editor to change one of my classes because I am scum

yea is pretty fucking good

Necro/Occultist. Can't say I'm enjoying the synergy between Occ/Arc and Arc/Demo

I haven't played since AoM but this was good then:

grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64584

Does elemental damage just increase all of your damage or what? Is it like fire/ice only or something like that? I don't get it.

Fire, Ice, Lightning

All 3 rolled in one.

I found this and everything just melts when it attacks me

Attached: weapon.jpg (371x910, 72K)

the reason is that on the initial release the game didn't have enough items for all the builds and the first expansion more than doubled the amount of unique items
all this is mostly due to the retarded decision of having 10x2 different damage types in the game that basically all just differ in color and force the player to farm forever and still can't use 99% of what drops

that being said, if you write on the forums about that set, maybe the devs will change it, they are really trying hard, despite all the conceptual flaws of the game
obviously they will miss some stuff on thousands of items

in general after the first expansion things have gotten better in the sense that now there are at least unique items available for every slot for every class combination

everything melts below lvl 50 / on normal difficulty by simply stacking points into any ability of your choice

I don't think there is a single class combo that doesn't work. Sure some are less item-dependant than others but unless you actively sabotage yourself with your build you will be fine

some are more tedious than others

I honestly don't think they'll change shit, given how they keep implementing blue/purple items and sets and even green MIs that look interesting on paper but end up being absolutely fucking useless since every player falls back to items that have been there from release that are several times over more powerful

'+X% Elemental damage' stat increases your fire, ice and lightning damage by X%. However if a skill deals "Y Elemental damage" then you deal Y/3 of each element (ie: 600 elemental damage = 200 fire + 200 ice + 200 lightning)

Trading on HC is a pain in the ass

Attached: 1534506096342.png (722x720, 554K)

(dual wield) pierce blademaster is on of the highest dps combinations in the game, only beaten by frost blademaster / infiltrator (because they have much higher resistance reduction to frost)

the issue is just that the endgame challenges aren't very melee friendly, while ranged buils have a much easier time

also it's always easier to just use a full pet build that kills everything, albeit not as fast, but with 0 risk

How do you level a nightblade?

Class doesn't seem to have a decent clear at all.

you could change it yourself with the editor the devs published

though I personally wouldn't do that, since it's tedious and kinda cheating

Two handed + Ring of Steel and that one constellation or maybe the throwing knife skill

I could never play hardcore
just the other day my 18k hp, 3k armor, 20% phys res, 83% overcapped all other res char got oneshot for 20500 damage
I was wearing the amulet that heals you back to 100% when you fall below 25%, but I guess that doesn't work when you instantly go to 0

>seething about your dying game instead of just joining the competition
lmao

What's the funnest pairing for Oathkeeper

also what should I be picking up? I've just been buffing shield toss, smite, and the upkeep with retaliation and block

As a warlord (oathkeeper + soldier) is it worth speccing into summons? Are they buffed by pet stats? Should I just go spin to win?

What's a good class to pair with Necro? Also when should I start clearing the DLC content?

>but I guess that doesn't work when you instantly go to 0

As you found out, it doesn't

occult inquisitor for max chaos and splash vitality/fire

Somebody salvage this plzzz
>grimtools.com/calc/RVvOEdjZ

Attached: 355421.jpg (301x167, 7K)

Fuck you, they screwed over Commandos in favor of the new class for everything else. OKs are swimming in gear

By what? So I can not go through the same.

I usually feel the same way in ARPGs. In GD I feel that I never really get surprise oneshot by anything. If I die I see it coming. In PoE there's always that one-in-a-million map mod + rare monster mod combination that destroys me when I have a momentary lapse in concentration. I've occasionally played HC in PoE to 90+ but I can never commit to it for an entire league. In GD HC just gives that extra bit of challenge I've ended up liking.

Necro / Occult for muh pets
Necro / Soldier for baby's first class

>How do I level my Ghol's pet ritualist?
Pohx put out a nice guide on YouTube for this

see

IIRC heard those oathkeeper summon scale of player bonus

fabius with the notched bone something axe

that axe has a x% on hit chance of 350% weapon damage (both hands) with +125% crit damage on a 2 sec cooldown

that isn't even as rare as it sounds like, in about 50 kills he was wearing that axe twice

though once you get your DA to like 2800 or so he can't crit you anymore and you are good, that's how I dealt with it the second time

Help I'm level 30 and have no pair for my fire damage demo

Attached: 1554341937364m.jpg (819x1024, 184K)

>TFW newer classes are drastically superior to old classes

Pointless to even acknowledge them.

just use some random green items
also at that level just putting all your skillpoints into your most used damage ability should already kill everything regardless of items

Oathkeeper and inquisitor have good support for fire damage, along with much needed resistance reduction. Arcanist could work too.
Other classes will either require you to get conversion or to go fire+something else

>tfw found 3 Ultos set mythicals with my shieldbreaker
So lads, which class pairs up best with shaman to bring the motherfucking lightning on everything? Soldier? Demo?

>Arcanist could work too.
The fire RR doesn't even work

Attached: 1534631127663.png (600x659, 539K)

I don't really get that shit either. How could they not see that a +450% aoe dmg skill with tiny cooldown and retaliation damage added to the weapon dmg on a tank is just way too much.

It's not wrong to give that new class a damage ability, cadence can hit for over a million too. But the difference is that for cadence to hit that hard you need to sacrifice your defense.

oh you are right i forgot the rr from flash freeze only applies if the enemy is frozen. fucking bullshit honestly

Krieg's set

>no gear
>fire build without thermite mines
At least finish your build if you want help.

What constellations for Oathkeeper?

I got the Anvil binded to retaliation passive.

Do I go wolverine next for dat fat retiation boost?

why do you even play this game if you want everything spelled out for you? surely not for the awesome combat and artwork

Gonna check that out too. Thanks.

I don't even know what you want to build honestly. Also like the other user said we need to see your gear.
Right off the bat I can tell you the following
>You are playing demo and do not have points in blast shield. People have died for mistakes smaller than this one
>Adding on to this, you do not need turtle devotion when you have blast shield
>Remove points from Shattering smash -you are going fire damage so you don't need phys RR- and Smite -Unless you have enough phys-to-fire conversion and even then you already have enough AoE-
>Put points into thermite mines, great source of RR and procs Fiend like crazy
>You are playing demo and not making use of flashbang
>You probably should remove 10 points from your Demo mastery bar
>You have 4 points in crossroads that you don't need
That's all i can say without knowing what you want to build

>What's the funnest pairing for Oathkeeper
Poison Dervish.

I would if PoE was a boring mess.

Why are you upset about discussing a video game on a video game board made for discussion?

I got a lot of vitality damage items on my main, what's a good combo to make? I think it's Necro + something, but what exactly? I want to play like a caster if possible, no melee shit and no summons

POE is gay because GGG intentionally design one-shot enemies to "troll" hardcore players, or whatever.
GD I never felt like developers were intentionally being assholes and doing that. It is possible to be shotgunned in GD, though, but it never feels so cheap as in POE when you're on a map and suddenly some shithead Piety decides to instagib you from outside of your sight range. Shotguns in GD are more like "Gargobolg dropped a volcanic vent on your feet and you ate 6 fire fragments directly to your face" which can be stopped through a chainblock build or by just not ever stopping moving.

Necro/Occ probably.

You're not a casual right Yea Forums?

Attached: Steam_2019-04-09_13-04-37.png (927x83, 19K)

Be honest with us, user. What build did you use?

>Grim Dawn too slow
>Path of Exile too fast
>Diablo III just right but builds are boring
I wish the genre pumped out more garbage for the gems inbetween.

Sounds like you just have shit taste in everything.

My Warlock chaos AAR build is pretty shit at the moment, can someone help me fix it? What gear should i look for, what skills are good, what constellations to consider, etc. That doesn't seem to be a lot of gear that support AAR that gives you Chaos and Vitality damage as well.

Oathkeeper with all the fire devotions and tons of fire items proc, all self-found, no dual class cause im not a casual

I've tried to play this game twice and both times (started a new toon for the second run) I just lost all interest after you kill the first "boss" in the laboratory. Not here to pass any judgement or give my hot take, but I wonder if this game is sort of an acquired taste, that there's a certain hump to overcome before it "gets good", if you will, or if I've experienced the core of the experience and just didn't like it and should move on. Thoughts?

If I kill Anasteria on Elite do I lose her faction on Veteran?

>Single-class OK
I'm impressed, actually.

Yes

>Acquired taste
100%. It's much slower that something like Path of Exile or D3, which can be a big negative for some.
That said, there is also a hump at which point the game picks up, specifically Ultimate difficulty. Which is where you have access to all drops in the quantities that they should be dropping and all the stuff spawns as it should.

Same for barrowholm?

Obviously.

>lying

He used cheat engine to make himself immortal

>>lying
Not him and I'll never personally try that shit because fuck Hardcore stuff, but Forgotten Gods main campaign isn't so hazardous that you can't clear it deathless.

I want to, but their kiwishit servers can't handle more than 2 enemies on the screen at once.

Post 'em

Attached: 1551916305978.jpg (545x641, 167K)

>all that fire damage and not taking demolitionist
You have to be lying.

>implying
>occultist
>shaman
>demo
their best pairing is with the new classes though

man i love gd but their characters look like shite, its like a combination of shit animations, weird body sculpture and general unpleasant looking armors like yours

Attached: 1371071065570.jpg (344x505, 98K)

inquisitor/demo is one of the best casters in the game, even if you just use demo attacks

>can someone help me fix it
That can't be fixed. You could try it with a Mage Hunter with the Black Scorch Covenant Set, but it would probably be shit no matter what. I recommend respeccing into something else with a damage type that is supported by both Curse of Frailty and some gear.

Here's your game bro

Attached: 1550587263175.png (916x1058, 677K)

I thought diablo 3 was waaayyy to slow early on. it took hours for a build to get up to speed, even worse than GD. in GD you have a lot more experimenting to do while you level

kek
I had already completed AoM ultimate hardcore on another character so I knew how to play, Forgotten Gods is really short and not really dangerous compared to Ashes simply because elemental resist is so much easier to get than aether/poison especially when you're using elemental devotions.
This is what my character looked like when I finished the run grimtools.com/calc/4NOvEz4Z had to use all the royal jelly consumables together for the last two fights though.

Attached: Grim Dawn_2019-04-09_13-07-19.jpg (2560x1440, 926K)

youtube.com/watch?v=cJM9EKk0tec

that will be $160 bro

I don't get why people pay for these shitty glow in the dark clownsuits.

its a game that can take a few hours until you start to experience what it really offers. I remember not having a blast until about level 30 my first run.

i mostly disagree but I understand

just take out a small loan of $480 for the pleasure of using this (cheap for what you get really) effects!

youtube.com/watch?v=McJhA7aFlhY

Every single one of the supporter packs lacks artistic direction and Aesthetic.

Is shaman x oculist bleed build still a thing?

Attached: 73596608_p0.jpg (1591x1083, 1.87M)

Sooo...What's so bad about Korvaak exactly? Why are we helping evil ascended humans to kill him?

It's a slow game for sure, the fun is finding combos of skills/devotions/items yourself for me.
The first two difficulties are fairly easy though, even with a bad build you can do them but in Ultimate it really ramps up.

A powered-up Korvaak would have pretty much no difficulties in exacting his revenge on humans since most of the other gods are gone. Hippie god could probably put up a fight, maybe even beat him but he doesn't care about humans so it's better to have Korvaak power broken up in 3.

CAN I BE A BIG GUY WITH A BIG S-WORD

Attached: 1517366717571.png (1000x800, 252K)

Attached: most handsome man alive.png (746x822, 1.36M)

Lads I had to uninstall Grim Dawn. The early game is just so fucking boring I can't persevere, it feels like Zelda tutorial in its pacing and ease. Does it have anything akin to a /players 8 from Diablo 2 to make it even a little challenging pre-endgame. I mean I started my character on Veteran mode but the only time I felt threatened was when I was pulling bosses 10+ levels higher than me, but even the trash in those areas got 1-shotted by low level spells. I feel like there's way too much passive healing and mana regeneration, lack of resource management is really killing my engagement.

What do?

>playing a loot based rpg without any kind of background noise
lmao look at this absolute n00b
listen to a podcast or something you dork.

Attached: 1330677194779.png (327x337, 57K)

Theres an item that allows you to skip to ULTIMATE mode now but it comes from a DLC Rep.

stop releasing dogshit leagues with god awful mechanics then

Ultimate difficulty is far from end-game, there's nemesises, super-bosses, crucible and now shattered realms.
If it's that easy you can just walk through mobs, you know you don't HAVE to kill every single mob, just run and start exploring at ultimate.

Attached: 20190414012818_1.jpg (1920x1080, 612K)

I'm tempted to buy this game. Can someone please try to sell me on it?

wtf?? he wants some advice chill the fuck out dude

Attached: 20190413193339_1.jpg (418x432, 177K)

If you liked Diablo 2 and/or Titan Quest and you don't mind a muddy color scheme, you'll probably enjoy this as well.

If you like Diablo 2 (as a single player game) you'll probably like this. It's just an endless grind to get to end game, farm items, make new characters and theorycraft builds.

It's not spectacular action wise and can be a bit slow but the devs made an effort to make a huge amount of builds viable end game. Also there are just so many items and stuff to do end game you'll never run out of contents.

Did you like Diablo 3? Grim Dawn is like that, but with far more variety.
Grim Dawn is made by the same people who made Titan Quest, another classic in the ARPG genre.

It somewhat recently got another expansion, expanding the amount of content vastly.
It's always being updated.

Have you played Path of Exile? Unlike PoE, your level up choices matter here, you don't feel like you're playing different variations of the same class every time you make a new character.

Okay, I have played Path of Exile, and I understand what you mean. I bought the base game for now, might buy the expansions later.

One thing to remember is that every single place is hand-crafted, there are tons of secrets and hidden areas in the game so exploring is actually fun.

>I bought the base game for now, might buy the expansions later.
That's the best way to go. The expansions slot into the main game anyway so unless you really want to play one of the expansion classes you can just add them later and keep playing.

itll be slow at time in the first two acts, but if you like the genre, its the best it has to offer

C'thon would see everything dead.
The Aetherials would see everything dead and then they'll wear the flesh-sculpted bodies like tailored suits.
Korvaak would protect humanity but only to keep them around as toys for his fickle and cruel amusements. In any case, his anger towards the Witch Gods would probably result in much more malicious treatment than what he used to dole out.
the Witch Gods are the only ones whose conspiracy theoretically is for mankind. Theoretically because Solael is really obviously a fucking self-serving dick, Bysmiel is a manipulative woman and Dreeg is so high right now holy shit man he can see forever.

What about Yugol

Don't remember who/what Yugol was, unless it was the tentacle monster who lives in the swamp. Nobody worships that one, unless the snakemen do.
and Mogdrogen doesn't give a fuck he just wants to be left alone. I just remembered him, he's a cool hermit, only the blood cultists pissed him off.

Is Yugol even aware of humanity?

Yugol was added into the lore in FG, I don't think I ever heard of it before that.

>Yugol, the Insatiable Night
>"When Empyrion's light first spread beyond creation, the gods discovered that a great darkness sweltered within the nothingness. It had but one name: Yugol. Yugol's insatiable hunger threatens to consume all that the primordials had painstakingly crafted, its advance thwarted only by the merciful light of a thousand thousand stars."Yugol, the Insatiable Night
"When Empyrion's light first spread beyond creation, the gods discovered that a great darkness sweltered within the nothingness. It had but one name: Yugol. Yugol's insatiable hunger threatens to consume all that the primordials had painstakingly crafted, its advance thwarted only by the merciful light of a thousand thousand stars."

Seems like he's the closest thing to a cosmic horror and the inescapable end of everything.

Attached: Constellation_Yugol.jpg (592x664, 237K)

Mogdrogen wants to chill in his little cuckshed grove. Ravager is just hungry.

>Ritualist with that outfit
Nice.

>Dreeg is so high right now holy shit man he can see forever
Kek.