The Doom Slayer. Great redesign or GREATEST redesign?

The Doom Slayer. Great redesign or GREATEST redesign?

Attached: 6C03FEBB-0F55-47EF-A2BF-5A597BCC6615.jpg (1080x1920, 224K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/rNRJMYZUzjA
youtube.com/watch?v=a6BbvCC0VI0
youtube.com/watch?v=xe0go5BHLk4
youtu.be/dfi4FxkNzTg
youtube.com/watch?v=rNRJMYZUzjA
youtube.com/watch?v=bkhXSLmRbiE
twitter.com/DOOM/status/1105216174973960192
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The most important question is, does he still have a bunny?

Attached: 358E1702-2E14-450C-8454-B73C2294C6BE.jpg (806x992, 176K)

Do he look him and the pile of bodies that reach the moon look to you like he still have a bunny?

Bunnies are tenacious animals known for their ability to head from predators.

Still prefer Doomguy 2:1

Not really. I'd say mario or zelda had the best greatest redesigns. It's always so wonderfully new. Feels like really going for another adventure. Every game is such a bless with new stories to tell my children.

Doomguy’s great and he always will be. Sent to a shit outpost for decking your drill sergeant, have to guard some ‘science experiment’ by an Earth megacorporation, only to find out that they've ripped a hole in the universe?!

That’s pretty great all on its own. But demon anti-messiah whose only purpose is to close the gates of hell and piss in Satan’s skull? That’s fucking Metal, dude.

True

I liked this redesign but I think the one in Eternal is a bit overkill

Agreeing. Too bulky and way too much bare flesh.

Attached: B22FF681-D03F-4ACA-BA45-A3F1E8A02DE7.jpg (506x1020, 146K)

What if doom was a girl?

>implying the original Doomguy wasn't a savage blood-thirsty animal that still had a bunny

dropped

pretty lame redesign
Eternal's design looks cool though
she's gone but not forgotten

Attached: st,small,215x235-pad,210x230,f8f8f8.lite-1u1.jpg (210x230, 10K)

A lot of people are defending the open skin design because it's "true to the originals" but I'm still not a fan. I dislike the bulkiness more though. But whatever, we barely even see the Slayer during gameplay so I'm not that bothered.

What is the reasoning for forcing this Doom Slayer bullshit? It's always been Doomguy.

She would be Samus?

Looks too derivative of Master Chief compared to the original

Attached: 1548890115074.png (1920x1581, 1.16M)

Doom 2016 did a sort of soft reboot of the lore, it's not the same guy you played as in the classics.

I loved his redesign but his new look in doom enternal looks weird

Just the usual Reboot-sequel thing where they make a sequel that retcons what came before it. A lot of people say that Doomguy is still canon in 2016, and that the original Doomguy IS the Doom Slayer, I just have no idea how.

Who's this Master Chief wannabe?

that shoulder canon and attached sword doesn´t fit to him.
he should have carried the sword on his back

Have them both be retractable and it would fix most of the problems in the design. The sword especially makes no practical sense if it’s always just sticking out.

It IS the same Doomguy, while in Hell after Doom 64 he basically hopped between all different dimensions, got sealed away and then awoken in the world of Doom 2016.

Attached: 1493074869329.png (630x800, 748K)

Well it's not really a "sword", he won't carry it in his hands. It's just a built-in blade, which would be much more usable considering he'll be carrying a gun pretty much at all times. The shoulder cannon also makes sense from a gameplay perspective, but I agree the design looks a little silly. Both of those stay retracted before they're needed though.

If you actually listen/read the lore in nuDoom you'll see it's really not the same guy. The Slayer has his own origin story that clearly differs from the origin story of the Doomguy/marine

I prefer this one because it looks like they're fulling committing to the rip and tear I don't give a fuck empowered by an archangel don't even need sleeves motherfucker vision.

They are both retractable. Both only come out contextually.

more like soislayer

Is he a fallen saint?

>slowly starts looking like a Predator

No it sucks. Too many lines and shit. Too generic. Cluttered. Tame and derivative.

And the worst of all that's bothering me personally? HIS GIANT FUCKING HEAD. He looks like a manlet.

This is better. Much more fitting.

The comparison isn’t inaccurate. Both feared hunters, both nigh-unstoppable, both with an expansive armory they can always access...

>HIS GIANT FUCKING HEAD
It's called a helmet. His proportions look fine. I think he's officially 6' tall according to the lore. I can agree it's somewhat overdesigned, but his head doesn't look too big. Look at a motorcycle rider with a helmet on and his head will look much bigger than Doomguy's

>he

I like this fan theory cause it turns the death of a bunny into an eons long war of attrition and revenge.

Only six foot? I always imagined him being around 6’10”. Just a towering hulk of armor and guns vaguely in the shape of a human being.

I have dumb design like this. Why won't they give you a grenade launcher weapon, instead of having it as a gadget on his back and looking really stupid? Why does he have this stupid assassin's creed tier hidden blade, instead of just giving him a knife he pulls out of his pocket to finish off his enemies?

I hate* dumb design like this.

This is according to his profile in Quake III Arena, which should be legit considering it's id's game as well.

Attached: p_doom.jpg (560x800, 89K)

Only 180lbs? I would imagine that someone with that much muscles would weight more, unless he's nothing but bones and muscles.

>Distracted and intelligent sounding

lel

#JusticeforDaisy.

Because a retractable sword-length arm blade is much more interesting than a regular tiny ass knife or machete

No doubt that’s official, but they need to update that as of the 2016 release. There’s no way the Doom Slayer is anywhere near 180 pounds.

>doom slayer
fake fan basedboy detected

>showing off the biceps
motherfucker just flexes even harder on the demons

It's absolutely gay

Oh wow super interesting, it's not like I've seen it a thousand times in shitty generic sci-fi games!

but that's what this iteration of doomguy is called user

Attached: 1554848096199.gif (200x150, 2.11M)

I don't hate it but I much prefer the classic look.

Attached: quack.jpg (3848x1659, 1.18M)

Are you implying that we haven’t seen generic knives even more?

>its not Doom 3
>literally calls him "The Doom Marine"
You rack disciprine

Attached: 1554415374714.png (1080x1703, 766K)

Arena skin is the best. They should've sticked to that design.

I like how doomguy has evolved from being just a marine sent on a mission, to being THE marine that is humanity's last hope and the most feared being that could be considered God's personal janitor.

Attached: 1538857063119.png (1260x1102, 658K)

They should do a Gordon Freeman redesign in this vein. Only with a retractable crowbar.

Reminder that Doomguy and Doom Slayer are the same person.

Attached: 51ezcpkx65g11.png (1774x775, 784K)

Only lorelets disagree

No, but I find functional weapons more interesting and badass than some mall sci-fi ninja trash. Really when you think about I doubt that someone like Doomguy would take his time to fit that huge blade on his arm plus it looks like its mechanism could break easily. He would stick to something classic and reliable.

Like the sword he somehow got back from Satan after the end of 2016?

Attached: E68BD3A6-7311-48B6-83F7-F72D325BBB0C.jpg (1920x1080, 1.15M)

>the predator shoulder-cannon
KISS

fixed

Attached: got 'em.png (506x1020, 556K)

That's not made of flesh and shit, tho.

Wouldn't be too surprised if it was just nonsense act they put in the demo just because it would look cool.

NOOOOOO HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN REBOOTBROS DOOM SLAYER WAS SUPPOSED TO BE THE BETRAYER!!!!!!

Disagreeing with you on it just being in the demo, but probably a late-game weapon. Like, if the gameplay demos are in the beginning, then maybe Satan gave it to you as a ‘this is our last ditch effort’ kinda thing and then you get separated when you arrive on Earth.

I like the sword, because it was forged by demons. Having demonic weapons in your arsenal is cool, I liked when doom mods did it. Human weapons should stay realistic, maybe slightly sci-fi though.

Would DoomSlayer suck a demon penis if he was guaranteed that it would kill like 100 million demons?

Attached: sickos this way.jpg (467x524, 108K)

Attached: htfu.jpg (400x384, 13K)

No, because he’d rather rip and tear. No shortcuts when you’re wading knee deep in the dead.

Bad redesign in my opinion. Fortunately it's not "offends my senses" bad and the game was so good it didn't even matter.

Thank god I'm not Anthony Burch.

Attached: montana.jpg (964x1000, 162K)

Technically.

Attached: 3446B454-7637-417F-82E6-BF1BB7F5BCFC.jpg (1793x1242, 316K)

He didn’t just deck him, he sent him to Pearl Harbor in a full body cast.

>who is crash from quake 3 arena

The reason he was dressed like that was because he was on Mars. Now that he's back on Earth he can show off his skin.

Attached: the_slayer_by_kelvinhiu-dcmu0wb.png (2025x2061, 1.63M)

Would you expect anything less from BJ Blaskowicz’ grandson?

I’m just surprised he didn’t kill him.

Man 343 really killed Halo's armor designs.

>Armor is better
>Lore/backstory is lame
Why are there always tradeoffs? I liked him better when he was just a pissed off guy at the right place on the wrong time

Attached: 515XIlMNdAL.jpg (375x500, 47K)

that literally makes no sense as a timeline.

If memory serves, didn’t the drill sergeant order him to fire on civilians or something?

He’s the same Doomguy.

Doom Eternal when? It was supposed to be released December 2018 then they pushed it back to February 2019 and now it seems like December 2019 or some other later unknown date.

What the fuck is the hold up? They better not be fucking this game up.

Doom Eternal looks like a chaos terminator.

Attached: DeathToTheFalseEmperor.png (530x499, 555K)

I love characters like this.
He’s bloodthirsty and off his rocker, but somehow is aimed at the bad guys. Like a sentient hurricane with a to-do list.

Yes. Needless to say, Doomguy didn’t take that order well.

ID has said that 2019 is the Year of Doom, so it’ll come out by Christmas at the very least.

He was tactical marine, in Eternal he will be an assault one.

“Point Towards Enemy”

I love how the developers described the UAC crew’s reaction to the Slayer in Eternal’s gameplay demo. They say the reaction is much less respect, and more along the lines of being in the same room as a well fed tiger. It probably won’t kill and eat you, but better to not take any risks.

you are looking a baby
watch this

Attached: 430F9219-D689-4621-8255-49E5CA71F456.jpg (1096x1200, 148K)

I'd like to see nuQuake classic Ranger, but not the already existing one.

Attached: 14386859371680.jpg (1100x750, 152K)

I honestly love this armor, outside of the tiny feet. Fucking hate when developers make the ankles huge to make a character look more sturdy and imposing. Gears did the same shit.

The exposed arms save this pretty hard.

>Why won't they give you a grenade launcher weapon

Gameplay reasons, it's so he can use grenades without having to put his gun down.

The sword is just there to be stylish, and I prefer him just beating things to death with his hands.

People generally overemphasize Doomguy's bloodlust. He's running on angerfuel, but he's not a raving lunatic that thinks only of murder.

Attached: doom - baron of hell - no fun allowed.jpg (378x378, 43K)

>Revenants are former praetor armor users
It all makes sense now.

Will nuDoom 2 be a bethnet exclusive?

Attached: 1534906023730.jpg (800x800, 476K)

I definitely think The Slayer's full name is William Joseph Blazkowicz III. It just fits. His entire outfit, attire, his eyes you can briefly see in his helmet? Those are the eyes of a soldier who has lost just about everything, and all he can do is torment the tormented, and torture the tortured. For all Eternity. He is without a doubt a Blazkowicz.

Attached: 1495802714745.png (398x399, 142K)

Because the grenade launcher on shoulder also doubles as a flamethrower.

Not to mention that this is Doom. You get a rocket launcher, not a grenade launcher. That’s just what the game is.

They had a nice, cohesive design, and just fucking ruined it with deviant art oc-tier faggotry.

>MY doom Slayer is gonna have A SHOULDER CANNON! YEAH!
>and big ass off color pallete BLADE GAUNTLET THAT LE RIPS AND TEARS

Short sleeves look 'aight tho

I really like that lore writing.

Well, yeah, but most people remember him when he was on his Berserker Pack high in the comic.

That’s rad.
DOOM is rad.

Attached: rang.jpg (552x908, 300K)

Wouldn’t his last name be Blaze? They changed the family name when BJ’s son became a famous actor in Hollywood.

Only if she acted and were treated exactly the same.

Attached: 1464231028020.jpg (471x700, 243K)

Based Tanyaposter

>a man pushed to the absolute limit of his ability
>barely alive, firing on all cylinders, pure willpower and spite the only thing keeping him standing
>literally gets kicked out of hell because he's too much for the demons to handle.
>Finally gets freed
>"I can't wait to go home and finally relax after that crazy ass mission, and pet my rabbit Dais-"

Attached: angry wojak.png (700x700, 114K)

>DOOM is rad

I’m so glad the developers remembered that being Rule #1.

>look guys. This is pretty rad, but can we make it even more rad?

Doom guy would probably get along pretty well with the DMC guys.

I think it's the fact that he's so goddamn dangerous plus the fact that he just doesn't talk to them at all. He clearly doesn't want to hurt any humans, which makes sense considering he's essentially fighting for them, but he's been killing for so long that he's pretty much lost the rest of his personality.

Basically he made himself autistic through demon murder.

my penis would become the Big Penis

Attached: 1553847978012.jpg (1017x779, 277K)

Is it true that Doom Slayer is canonically female?

I forget if Commander Keen is Doomguy’s kid, or if the Blascowicz bloodline split somewhere and Keen is just related to Doomguy, but not descended from him.

"Billy Blaze" is a nickname he goes by which was passed down to his grandson.
Seriously, fucking look at this shot. Look at those eyes man. Those eyes scream simultaneous PTSD and Anger.

Attached: big_1474001146_image.jpg (546x615, 138K)

I have to wonder if years ago one of the 12 or less people who made the original doom looked at the open skin parts of the OG design and questioned it only to be laughed at or ignored because no one gave a shit.

Attached: itsprobablycold.jpg (287x175, 8K)

Story/character wise the Doomslayer is the best reboot of any character. The new suit is a Bit to busy.

>animeniggers
fuck outta 'ere

"no"

Attached: 1540334249085.png (1024x1447, 552K)

>Basically he made himself autistic through demon murder.

Attached: 1549457336297.png (467x541, 267K)

"You were there, on Phobos. I saw you running away. I found you now."

every battle scene Tanya has is fucking spite and hate
Tanya is the most based atheist ever

this looks actually better
looks like the other style was just simply garbage

Gotta remember that the original team played D&D during break sessions, and those games have never had the most practical armor designs.

youtu.be/rNRJMYZUzjA
>UUNNG

Keen is BJ’s grandson. Doomguy might be Keen’s kid, or grand kid. I can’t remember.

The Blade is too pussy. Ripping a Baron open with your bare hands is way heavier than slashing around.

The optimal design would have been No stupid shoulder Canon, leather gloves and normal cloth pants but keep the boots

>inb4 epic exclusive

I hope it becomes a BFG like power up, something like a select-able berserk pack were he can melee kill enemies for a short duration.

The demonic weapons are always cool though, like the soul cube and the big laser gun from Doom 64.

>Doomslayer
>Personality
his eons of fighting demons outside of the normal timestream have reduced him to a robotic shell of a man with a singular, undeviating impulse:
youtube.com/watch?v=a6BbvCC0VI0

Attached: RAT.jpg (600x533, 57K)

This designs way better. Having his arms covered made him look way too much like master chief.

I hope they just drop the doom slayer name and just call him doomguy honestly. You could just have some random spacemarine guy go "so you're the doomslayer huh, that's a mouthful, how about we call you doomguy" and just have the rest of the game refer to you as doomguy.

Attached: bloody-doomguy-59ed59f074be4.png (490x450, 4K)

I would actually assassine the CEO.
I'm not even fucking joshing you my dude. You think DOOM isn't worth it to me?

Attached: DEUS VULT.jpg (736x552, 60K)

dear god that looks like trash, you can see how bad the input lag is

Will it get a non-streamshit Linux port this time? Stadia servers run debian and the lads from id wanted to make one for Doom 16 but Zenimax shot it down.

Attached: 1541182190887.png (378x349, 34K)

Basically. his eternal anger damn near broke him. He may be sane, but he may have damaged his fucking larynx while screaming in hell. Who knows.

He does use hell weaponry from time to time and in 2016 he seems to be running on Argent energy, so he isn't completely against utilizing tactics that are enabled by hell's own machinations, though.

Attached: big demon dick.jpg (894x795, 380K)

>you wouldn’t buy Doom Eternal on whatever fucking platform you need to

>big demon dick
I see you are a man of culture as well

>too bulky

Attached: soyjak.png (1217x1015, 708K)

Like that heart thing from the Doom 3 expansion, only less game-breaking.

And then John was a zombie

Attached: 92C4E72F-2939-428B-B45E-A1736EC701EE.jpg (1920x1080, 323K)

Guard 1, oblivious and new to the position, Doesn't respect DS
>"Who is this dude? You're not supposed to be here, guy!"
Other guard, shitting his pants
>"Doo... Doom... d-d-Doodoodoom doom doom"
>"listen... ""doom""guy you can't be here. you need to leave.
>Guard bars DG from entering
>DG doesn't even register he exists at all as he simply pushes him aside.

Where are all these screens coming from? Has there been some doom eternal news recently?

I'm pretty sure I heard him grunt like the first two in the stadia gameplay of eternal.

>dat ass profile

Underappreciated post

>Hayden screaming through intercom to his totally not hell-corrupted mooks
>"FOOLS, YOU MUST STOP DOOMGUY FROM REACHING THE PORTAL BEFORE THE RITUAL IS COMPLETE"

God it's pretty unlikely but if they do something like that that's be so dope.

I liked that he was just a marine in worn down, mid quality armor rather than a power suit, but that didn't stop him from being an unstoppable force. But I appreciate where they took his character. He's not just the surviving marine anymore, he's a legend that the demons fear. And the suit is kinda cool.
That being said, it's too close to Master Chief. The Eternal changes are a big step up. Make it look badass, but not like he needs it to get by. Doomguy should be able to clear out hell naked if he needs. I would even tone it down a little more next time.

Attached: serveimage.png (1200x664, 720K)

Imagine.

Attached: AEFD976A-3621-4AC2-9653-B3065C45CD0B.jpg (680x963, 66K)

Something kind of like this. I want to see his Doom Eternal suit get battle-worn.

Attached: doom_eternal_classic_by_kelvinhiu_dcs4ubb-pre.jpg (698x1144, 55K)

>keep meeting the shitty guard throughout the game
>he keeps calling you doom guy
>he keeps getting very very nearly dead before DG pulls him out of danger and throws him or some shit.
that would be 10/10 opportunities for slapstick

It's so funny that Doomguy is Literally Not giving a fuck about Story. I Hope eternal keeps the pace of 4.

He already broke through chains made out of god knows what and smashed a head open while he was naked in the beginning.

Thread theme song : youtube.com/watch?v=xe0go5BHLk4

Sadly I don't see this new alias going away anytime soon. Besides him going by the names "Hellwalker", "The Slayer", and "Unchained Predator" are all just too good. As much as I love "Doomguy" that doesn't exactly sound like a good title for a nameless marine feared by Hell. It kinda just ruins it. The titles I mentioned are kinda more... realistic.

Attached: 20181113_110645.jpg (950x1520, 120K)

The open skin at the stomach is clearly because his shirt has been ripped open there. The remnants of a black undershirt can be seen above the left hip.

It would be like the Johnny character from Metal Gear, only that would actually be funny instead of cringey as fuck

Besides the fact that it’s a game series based on heavy metal, and now the main character is called Slayer.

There should have been an option to play the whole game naked.
>no armor bonuses
>no health drops from killing monsters

eh, i prefer doom64guy, but DEguy is pretty cool.

It's a bit in conflict against itself. As you said, the old Praetor suit is a bit of a master chief suit, but the new one looks more like if master chief was running without armor on arms, rather than a rrespectable throwback to old Doom designs.

Thinking about it now, wonder how it would look if his non-knife arm was fully armored, and the knife arm was more fleshy and burtal as it is now.

>Lmao pooping

The state of Japanese "humour"

>doomguy becomes general butt naked

that would also include no ammo drops ever, so virtually impossible

He would cut the demon`s penis out and use it as a weapon to kill those 100 million demons.

id were nerdy
nerds didnt lift back then

That would be awesome. I love Doom levels that barely give enough ammo.

youtu.be/dfi4FxkNzTg

There’s still ammo throughout the level.

The only thing which makes Doomslayer's design close to Master Chief's one is the futuristic armor texture. The only other possible alternative I imagine is taking current "classic design" skin from QC and adding demonic runes or sigil. Yet it sounds more like chaos space marine armor from wh40k.

Attached: hvqv8b64c9n11.jpg (873x627, 121K)

I don't chug sѹ so neither.

>Unchained Predator

Attached: dog very nice.png (500x522, 116K)

Reminder that the Death Battle match between MC and DG was absolute bullshit. There’s no way MC would be able to take down the Doomguy in any possible reality.

Tbf Season 1 was where they were more braindead.

search more about MC dude

I tried to draw modern Doomslayer. And only through drawing at that I noticed how much of a mess the new design is. It's cool looking, but they went all over the place with it. There is not a whole lot of cohesion. The random patches of leather everywhere make it more difficult to focus on a single part of the suit

Doomguy is Keen's son, at least according to Romero and Tom Hall in Twitter.

cute navel

>Carried the sword on his back
There is a reason everyone carried swords on their hips and not their backs, it's impossible to quickly draw a sword from your back without it getting caught in the sheath

Dear fucking god I wanna fight this fucker.

Attached: standinghereirealize.png (1200x905, 1.56M)

this is your new doom gu.. doom girl

Attached: 1541068245522.jpg (601x802, 79K)

Yeah, you only carry bastard swords and the like on your back, and that’s only cause otherwise the scabbard would be dragging on the ground.

Reminds me of the Death Knights from Quake 1.

The thing I most want to know about Eternal, and that ID is being most closed mouth about, is Heaven’s impact on the game, since it looks like we’re at least getting levels set there. I love the sterile technologism of the concept drawings. Like, there’s definitely some disturbing shit going on here.

Attached: F0453D22-19B7-4520-9366-AE2C92BA15ED.jpg (1600x900, 322K)

So I guess Doom 16 unintentionally got you invested in the story?

This looks like what I imagine Giger would do if he drew "vanilla" porn.

what the fuck

God damnit.

Like if he woke up one day and was like “you know, white and gold are good colors too.”

Is that actual heaven or some Hayden fuckery?

Pretty bad redesign honestly, much prefer original Doomguy.

Sounds like something we won’t know until we have the game in our hands.

Besides being way too distinct from an already iconic design, that armor has way too much fucking detail and it doesn't even make sense.

Time travel shenanigans wouldn't be too much out of place in the Doom universe. If you assume that the original Doomguy somehow went back in time during his dimension hopping, or that time in some dimensions just works differently, it all works out pretty well.

They listened to Brutal Doom retards. Expect future releases to delve even further into the wacky "ur huge so u hav hyooj guts XD RIP AND TAAAARE i'm so angry lol" cesspit.

Doomperson is non-binary, I think you'll find.

Doomfag boomers were already pushing that stupid narrative that Doomguy was all about ripping and tearing. ID just catered to that group. So if you wanna blame anyone, blame them.

doomslayer is chad enough to quickly draw his sword even from the back.
but ok even better replace the sword with and axe which he carries on his hips

Doom Slayer’s gender is .556 FMJ

Eternal better have more than 10 enemies on screen at once. The low monster density was one of 2016's biggest flaws

Look at the gameplay demos. Certainly looks like more than ten. Dreading that I’ll need a new graphics card, but whatever.

would be cool if doom 2 has a speed run secret ending where you save her soul from hell

no we see him naked at the start of the game

It's stupid though. I you asked me, Doomguy's general attitude was stern and slightly on edge. He wasn't screaming swear words while cannibalising people and jacking off. The new game looks fun and I'll probably get it, but it's like a wacky bouncy on-the-nose parody of the original. It's Saint's Row 3 all over again.

I wonder how the shotgun works
fighting the shield guys with shotguns in doom remake was kinda bullshit because you hardly could doch it close range

DOOMGUY, ILL SWALLOW YOUR SOUUUL

Grenades, man. You just chuck a grenade behind them.

>"so you're the doomslayer huh, that's a mouthful, how about we call you doomguy"
That's on par with "I guess we really are the last of us".

Attached: when-the-cringe-is-too-strong-gif-5.gif (400x225, 1.04M)

I just shoot at them form far way
my point was that fighting shotgun enemies in doom remake 1 wasn´t really fun so I wonder if they found a way

both of them should just say "..."

They referred to him as a man in one of the codexes

But Doom2016 Doom Slayer is explicitly not from Earth.

>exposed abs
Not doomguy, friend.

lol what if Doom was grill

Attached: QUAKE_Live_-_Crash_(4).jpg (1396x1042, 217K)

I hate it, they just turned him into master chef. I want to see that tummy

>decking your drill sergeant
Thats chimp behavior desu

Attached: Screenshot_2.png (881x147, 31K)

This is better than OP tacticool million plate design.

So what does everybody think? How's it looking for you?
youtube.com/watch?v=rNRJMYZUzjA

Attached: 1528691280672.jpg (2458x1383, 404K)

Day-1 purchase, of course. Getting a new graphics card prior to then too. Possibly new monitor.

greatest but then they fugged it up for doom eternal

The grunts are great. They are pandering to old-doomfags and i like it

Attached: a2768871415_11.jpg (537x529, 125K)

>They are pandering to old-doomfags
They're pandering to zoomers who played E1M1 and skimmed the comic.

Attached: ea87e139c36fdc31e41b6d6e31989bd4.jpg (1600x1050, 203K)

We can hope.

Attached: 1486603343518.jpg (5157x5320, 1.36M)

It looks fun user. Get over yourself

>daisy's abs
goddamn stop trying to make me a furry

Doom 3 worth playing?

Attached: shambling.gif (440x404, 1.37M)

That's Sentinel Prime. There is only the mortal realm and Hell in Doom. There is only neutrality and evil, no good. Doomguy isn't saving anyone, only avenging them.

Was hoping to see the Fortnite default dance

You can tell daisy really loves him.

>We're pleased to announce that RAGE 2, Wolfenstein: Youngblood, Wolfenstein: Cyberpilot, and DOOM Eternal will be released on Steam. We will also be bringing Fallout 76 to Steam later this year.
- Bethesda (@bethesda) March 25, 2019

Doom slayer is not the Doom Guy.

What are you talking about user? it's just doom fanart.

Attached: ee5.jpg (1301x1848, 1017K)

bump

Attached: 1535402973408.jpg (300x300, 15K)

Post >yfw Daisy shows up in Doom Eternal as a trick/illusion for the demons have a cheap shot on Doomguy.
>Yfw Doomguy have to kill a demonic forma of Daisy
>Yfw Doomguy find later the demons that made the trick/illusion

I'm 5'7" with a medium-muscle build and I'm 180lbs...

The 9th circle of Hell is the circle of treachery

I never understood how anyone could ever think otherwise.

But then I remember that people are stupid fucking retarded pieces of shits.

I'm so glad that's working out so well for her.

Oh wait.

I like how, if you say that Doomguy and Doom Slayer are the same person, the people against the notion start pointing out that theory’s logical inconsistencies in a game where an evil megacorporation is mining Hell for resources.

Attached: D0D94DED-72A9-49E1-921F-15F0DC3686AF.png (644x644, 936K)

I'll do you an even better,
>They have daisy's soul
>They place the soul of daisy into a pleasing form of flesh and torture her as a way of getting back at doom guy or threatening him.
>Doom guy sets her free and they do co-ops together shooting demons while she bunny hops off of walls with a shotgun.
>She's literally perfect, girl next door personality, athletic and competitive, reminds doomguy of the shared childhood.
>At the end gonna destroy hells portal, but doing so will kill daisy she takes your shotgun and pumps both barrels into the portal and tells him no regrets before turning into ash and the icon of sin reborn sprawls forth.

>tfw no anthro bunny girlfriend to slay demons with

feels bad man

Seriously. The Doom 64 ending stated that the Doom Marine chose to stay in hell to make them pay forever. And guess where Doomguy wakes up in Doom '16? Hell. He was doing exactly what he set out to do until the demons knocked him unconscious by dropping a tomb on him.

>Doom slayer
>not Doomguy anymore
You just know that helmet is coming off at some point and revealing that "he" is actually a girl

Attached: 1501347425500.jpg (274x337, 16K)

>Remember to have lots of carrots for me big guy!

I think this is the actual model.

Attached: 1548153013870.jpg (936x1510, 491K)

Quake Champions is the only time Doomguy was officially named Doomguy.

It actually doesn't look half bad with normal proportions.

But what about Doom 64 Guy?
What has become of him or is he not canon?

Attached: doom64-3.jpg (960x720, 125K)

Are you fucking retarded? Hugo and Marty basically established many times that the Doom Marine is infact the same one from the previous games. There won't be any retconning.

looks like Gears of War

Doom64Guy is the original Doomguy.

I don't like it. I wanted a big guy.

the architecture reminds me of those martian temples in doom 3

See

In direct comparison, I would presume he would stand a good size larger than yourself.

Doom64 has the same protagonist as Doom. They even shoot one-handed guns with their left hand. Which by the way is the only compelling evidence I've seen to indicate that Doom4guy isn't supposedly the original.

He is a big guy, he's not just Spess Muhreen huge like in that concept art.

I like how ridiculous it is. 2016's armor is nice as well, but he looks too much like Master Chief.
Only complaint is that while the knife is cool, I do think it's cooler to just have doomguy rip and tear with his hands rather than slice n dice with tools.

I meant the proportions too.

Yeah, that's a shame.

>id said they wanted to bridge the Doom and Quake universes
>post yfw you are fighting not only demons but strogg and Eldritch abominations

Attached: Bugs.jpg (500x552, 83K)

You can see into his helmet and it's the same face from the original games, you huge faggot

He still does just that.

What exactly was her plan?

Attached: 250px-Olivia_pierce_p01.jpg (250x322, 14K)

I kinda agree with this, but with as much close quarters combat as there was in 2016, I think a true melee weapon would be a welcome addition to the arsenal.

demon dicks
you can tell

She literally tried to make a deal with the devil. And didn't exactly think it through.

Her arc was a less fleshed out version of Betruger from Doom 3. And we didn’t even get to fight a goofy dragon with her head on it.

You can tell her conversation with the demonic voice in her office that she was actually thinking of the ramifications of her actions, but something came at her.

I would put it that the entire time she was partially possessed fueled by her desire to get her old body back so that super arthritis didn't kill her.

You mean her boss?

Attached: 51EF4DB5-20F6-4144-B25D-374EDD3944B4.jpg (540x502, 46K)

Well sure there were some classic barehanded glory kills but most seem to utilize the knife now. Not really an issue though, just more of a nitpick.
True, with the sheer amount of different glory kills in 2016, it certainly opens up a few options to have a knife.

>he looks too much like Master Chief.
I've tried designing sensible space age armor too and unfortunately that just inevitably gravitates towards a Mjölnir armor design. However the Praetor suit is ridiculously overdesigned so that distinguishes it from a Halo armor.

>TOOT SOUNDS STOP

Sadly, you end up either having to go with Master Chief or something like the armor Batman wears. Not much room for creativity unless you wanna go Space Opera with it like Starcraft or War Hammer.

what like a save the animals shit from metroid, that would be good

Attached: n8QkfLl.jpg (569x627, 71K)

I want to save daisy,

Judging from the official Doom twitter, Daisy making some kind of appearance or at least being referenced in Eternal doesn't even seem like a far shot.
iirc the devs talked about how they would delve a bit into exactly why doomguy is so angry, so I wonder if that's where Daisy comes in, although it may be something else entirely.

In other words you have to juggle between "lol that's stupid design" and "it's just a Halo ripoff" because originality by definition requires impracticality due to any deviation being simply a functional downgrade and practicality by definition makes it resemble functionally sensible armor designs from the past.

What about Tony Hawk?

Serious Sam is a much better series than Doom though
I hope they manage to get a quality sequel too

Pretty much. With a space marine design, functionality overrides any other concern. At the end of the day, it has to be practical and provide total protection from the elements.

It's worth playing so you can voice your own opinions on it. It's not "bad" by any stretch, but it feels more like a survival horror game with its "audio logs" and spaced out encounters. But it still does silly Doom things like have a wall drop away with a zombie in a closet. Or have an imp jump in your face as if to say "OOGA BOOGA" which really take away from any immersion you have in it as a survival horror game. If you wind up not liking it, then play the expansion, Resurrection of Evil which plays more like Doom 3 if it had better pacing.

Attached: 50681636_p2.png (437x708, 153K)

Attached: 848.jpg (680x383, 55K)

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-04-14 at 12.12.14 AM.png (672x415, 259K)

I was hoping for Quake 5 to just bridge the Quake and Quake 2 universes.
plot twist: The Strogg insignia is a phoenix bird because the Strogg are actually an alien cult worshipping Shub-Niggurath and are working towards resurrecting their goddess

Attached: strogg insignia.jpg (225x225, 6K)

I don't care what Quake Champions says. Doom guy is not the doom slayer.

Will we ever see Crash in a mainline Doom title?

>everyone's reaction when he paused it
Right on point, I need this

Attached: sadharold.png (552x478, 525K)

looks like master chief if he was a manlet

>Hugo has literally referred to the Slayer as Doomguy in interviews
You're dumb

I absolute hate all these overdesigned armors and guns that have become the norm ever since the turn of the millennium. Lines and bumps and angles added just to get that samey concept art look. I hate it so fucking much.

Leave Quake 1 alone.

>large open, boring spaces
>waves and waves of the same enemies
>just strafe in circles and back peddle
>bad voice over
>terrible humor
No.

>how about we call you
I just cringed so hard. HOW ABOUT WE?... ugh

This. His head is just too big. This argument falls flat on its face since Master Chief also has a helmet yet is proportioned much better.

Back to Quake II with you.

Attached: 1553062449540.jpg (1920x1080, 230K)

A bunch of people took the Slayer's Testament literally instead of as the demons embellishing mythology because they can't believe that so many of them got killed by just one guy.
It's what happens after you get it drummed into your head for years that things like "subtext" are SJW bullshit.

Doom guy classic is not the same as doomslayer
Also doomslayer is fucking gay and people who like it are zoy fueled normies who get impressed by QTEs and cinematic cutscenes
Fuck nu-doom.

>They added doomguy's grunting back in
Fuck yeah.

Attached: 1544913347195.jpg (424x736, 85K)

no it isn't, you guys have body dysmorphia from too much anime

Doomguy sounds gay as fuck wtf are thouse grunts

And I think the only reason why the demons are losing to Doomguy is that demons are simply chaotic evil. They don't actually have a plan. They just do things. Unlike Doomguy they're incapable of hatred. Doomguy's drive may not be rational but at least it isn't random.

Is this fucking NRS tranny again?

>id is developing multiplayer internally
>game director is driving programmers crazy trying to implement mod support
>post-launch dlc is single player focused
>composer Mick Gordon recruits heavy metal choir
>already confirmed steam release
>twice as many demons as 2016
>releases in 5 months

This might actually be good.

Attached: slayerandsatina.jpg (2986x1755, 2.74M)

Now it needs the Slayer from Darkest Dungeon

So is the OST going to be more heavy metal and less industrial?
I love 2016, but I hate its soundtrack.
I wish it was pure heavy metal.

Attached: 1536946674506.png (1280x1197, 917K)

I'm really glad they got the message in regards to snapmap and multiplayer. I still don't give a shit about mp, but I'm glad any future dlc will be sp focused.
Has a 2019 release been confirmed though? They've been surprisingly quiet, although they said they'd be at E3 so hopefully they'll finally announce a release date then.

>Doomguy starts out in dimension A
>Kills demons leaking out there in doom 1, 2, and 64
>Enters into hell forever at the end of 64
>Is eventually crushed by Temple and sealed into sarcophagus
>UAC from Dimension B finds him in there
>Doomguy kills demons leaking into Dimension B in 2016 and Eternal

it doesn't really matter if he's meant to be the original. 2016 rebooted the series. it's a new timeline, so it's not the same character by definition

the grunts are perfect. now we just need some iconic demon sounds. the enemy sfx in 2016 were non-existent

>music will be more metal
Then why is all of the music from the gameplay released so far worse than the songs in the previous game that were too industrial and not metal enough?

But it's the same timeline?

nothing invalidates the value of your own fiction faster than multiverse theory. look at bioshock infinite

Bioshock tried to be "deep" and shit. This is fucking Doom we are talking about here. Who cares when it's about killing demons.

Storefronts have it dated 12/31/19. So it will almost certainly be within the same fiscal quarter. I also don't care about MP, but they had the same guys behind Halo 4's MP work on 2016's. Anything they create will be an improvement.
I didn't say it would be more metal and I don't think it will. I thought 2016's ost was great so it doesn't bother me.

I knew it was canon all along.

The compelling part of this character is that she had an entire arc going on in the background about how she wanted to sacrifice the souls of all her followers so she could ascend to demonic godhood in Hell.
But none of it mattered because Doomslayer doesn't give a fuck about it. All he saw was a demon in human flesh that needed to die like the rest, her motivations and goals irrelevant to him. Doesn't matter if it's a lowly imp or a lord of Hell. They all meet the same fate.

overdesigned gaylo 4 looking gay vomit

2016 was by all measures a reboot. to pull the multiverse card to bridge canon just devalues your own lore. multiverse is crap fiction. nothing matters if you can just skip over to the next parallel dimension.

Meh redesign. It's not like the OG Doomguy had so interesting design to begin with, but they had a huge opportunity to improve upon it and they missed it. Being fully covered in armor like some Halo cunt is the worst part. Where are the muscle? Where's all the testosterone?
Doom 3 redesign was better because it had interesting looking armor.
Quake 3 version is peak Doomguy, recognizable look, memorable helmet shape, some fancy sci-fi greeble and he's fucking SWOLE.

Attached: 123.jpg (700x525, 36K)

Anally... The mother of all demons is dead!

This. I hated how they tried to make him mute, like Freeman. Hated that, Doomguy always had a voice.

I'm going to post the link to the new Doom movie, but I beg you, don't watch it.

Please.

youtube.com/watch?v=bkhXSLmRbiE

Attached: 1531147593231.jpg (1184x916, 75K)

How mad will he be in this game?

this looks like something that one of those vfx channels would make and it still would be a mediocre video for them

With Doom all you need is an excuse to kill demons, so they got around that by making hell a dimension that touches and absorbs other dimensions. It is the same hell in every doom game, just different dimensions it is touching.

it was so bad that the Doom twitter account had to publicly state that the movie had nothing to do with the game

twitter.com/DOOM/status/1105216174973960192

His Anger broke him a long time ago, user.

oof that's bad

DOOMGUY BTFO

Attached: 1547094321319.jpg (615x888, 154K)