Ace Attorney Thread

user, do you buy it for getting Phoenix out of no games hell, right?
While i understand the 2D Sprite guys, i was playing this remake on switch and it look gorgeous, even have touchscreen

Attached: images.jpg (783x391, 47K)

Other urls found in this thread:

3ds.hacks.guide/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I'm tired of throwing Capcom money just for them to continue dicking me over so no.

I played trilogy on the 3ds, I'm not going to buy the same game again

Attached: 1554649803679.jpg (1024x790, 109K)

The times i could play ace attorney games was using freeshop or DraStic, so it feel nice buying the games for once

Godot still do nothing wrong
FUCK DAHLIA
FUCK LIGHT
AND FUCK JANNIES

Attached: 22nQMJd.gif (562x544, 523K)

No. How many times are you going to ask me to buy the same game to just "support the franchise".
It's not even as though I care if we get another Ace Attorney game. Spirit of Justice was boring and trite, they're not making Phoenix Wright games I enjoy anymore, and i'm not buying the 6th port of the same damn game.

I'll start caring about the franchise again when they start making good games again.

Attached: 1551248929901.jpg (1438x802, 464K)

I have two versions of these games already and I don't really want to support them for not actually making a remake, so no. I do love the series but come on, Capcom.

Plus, hey, the DGS translation is out, so I got my fix.

Attached: naruhohou trick.png (400x240, 83K)

i grabbed the originals but never beat them all
my eyes got really shitty over the years so i'm glad there's a version for bigger screens
no way i'm paying £30 for gba games, though

I still don't understand why Capcom doesnt want to translate the games, i don't think they arent aware of what people want
I heard something of Sherlock Holmes being a problem but that doesnt explain AAI2

As someone who play the DS, 3DS and switch ports y could say the switch port looks wayy better than 3ds one you play it first hand

How would Sherlock Holmes be a problem?

>SoJ boring

Attached: 1554833855444.png (492x334, 147K)

It's quite amusing when you realize that ever since 2001, we have gotten an ace attorney release (main or spin-off) every 1.5-2 years (if we count 2005 DS rerelease with Rise from the ashes as new content).
It's seriously 6 main line games and 5 spin-offs.

I expect an announcement for a new game soon

SoJ just felt like it should have been two games, the not!Tibet stuff went down a bit too quickly for my tastes.

Something about diferent rights for the character in other regions, being free in Asia, i don't remember right desu

No because it's ugly as shit compared to the originals.

If they put AA5/6 on Switch I might rebuy.

Sounds weird. Though Aniplex could rights for Holmes for NA with F/GO, so Capcom should logically be able to do the same if need be

What do you expect for Ace attorney 7 anons?

Attached: images (1).jpg (400x240, 18K)

this

to not exist

DGS was fun, but more because of the presentation than the cases themselves. Looking forward to DGS2.

Attached: pwtiers12.jpg (1171x4500, 661K)

I expect Athena to not do anything relevant again, making us question why she exists in the first place

It'll probably be Athena's game.

Dual Destinies already was her game. She played a major role in every single case (except DLC) and her backstory is pretty much fully explored. Also she's a retarded bitch who I hope dies.

Spirit of Justice sucks, man.

>HOPES
Athena vs. Franszika von Karma case, the reveal to Apollo and Trucy that They're related, a good prosecutor (Blackquill was okay but Nayhuta was kind of meh), maybe learn about Phoenix's past a little more but not need for a lot, good cases, a good relatable villain
>EXPECTATIONS
Still holding off the Apollo-Trucy thing, meh cases, bad villain, asspull backstory for someone except Apollo, an unexpected new game mechanic that may be good, it's a Maya/Trucy gets indicted episode

>Elder god and god tier cases ALL have Edgeworth in them
Really makes one think

Attached: 1472983367034.png (256x192, 27K)

I really think The Inherited turnabout of AAI2 it's the best case in the series so far, wraps everything we know about the series do good and it's actually a very mysterious case

She's gonna get another game.

I just want the Phoenix vs Franziska Remach, so she could give him the card, maybe with Maya life on the line again

Probably. Capcom seems desperate to rape this series into the ground with nostalgiabait and remakes anyways. It seems like they spend more time on making fancy character animations then they do on making actually good stories in their recent games.

>tfw I genuiley like Athena's character and backstory

Attached: 1554918488841.gif (208x200, 2.03M)

The main issue is they're only focusing on the wacky, outrageous and zany antics of the characters and world without even giving a shit about writing a cohesive plot. Does Japan only play this shit to see what new crazy breakdowns the defendants will do? It's sad when you have to play fan made AA games to get a reasonably good plot and still have a crazy cast because it can be done but Capcom doesn't seem to care.

Attached: 1555120308750.jpg (941x563, 142K)

I just want Franziska and Gumshoe back dammit, just for more comfy dialogue, and pic related.
Who's ready for th disbarment case?

Attached: De_killer_card.jpg (500x455, 32K)

It feels like AA has become a flanderized version of itself.
Apollo Justice seemed to be Shu Takumi trying something new, but then AA5 and AA6 completely undid all of that in favor of just being wacky and "more of the same".

AJ wasn't Takumi at all. 4/5/6 are all the new writer.

>It feels like AA has become a flanderized version of itself.
That's the best possible way to explain it. It's a worst case of misunderstanding what made the series fun in the first place. The twists were good and the wackiness was cool but the plot still mattered. Now all the game cares about is setting up for a big twist to lead into a wacky shocking reveal. It sucks.

I'll give capcom money if they release DGS 1 and 2 in the west
otherwise, they can suck it

Pill me desu
I keep hearing you get penalties easily

Attached: 1554862849537.jpg (173x215, 11K)

Godot could've just given Phoenix the letter and worked with him to make sure Pearls didn't attempt the channeling. Instead he did the retard option just because he wanted a chance for revenge on Dahlia, and in the process got Mia's mother killed.
That is unequivocally a thing he did wrong.

I like it, but I wish the case itself was better. The whole cooking-contest-and-ice-sculptures-no-wait-pharmaceutics-bullshit-no-wait-cooking-contest is really convoluted and silly, it's paced pretty badly at times, and it'd have been nice to have more of Gregory.

Threadly reminder.

Attached: Ace Attorney 7 and Shu Takumi development statuses early 2019.png (1854x302, 65K)

you cannot get penalties if you follow a walkthrough!

heh, screenshotted the same thing

Attached: sherlock lonely.png (400x240, 102K)

Someone tell me how to play DGS fan translation
I have a 3DS but it's not hacked

>Capcom does good with RE7 and RE2 Remake
>Capcom does good with DMCV
>Capcom does shit with AA

On an unrelated note, is AAO still dead? I just beat 5/6 and I actually really enjoyed them despite most people not and I need my fix of asspull shittery

Attached: 1553955829902.png (710x537, 457K)

Hack it and the install the patched game, it's piss easy.
3ds.hacks.guide/

I feel using the raw original artwork would've turned even more awkward unless they fully revamped the character animations to match their level of detail.

AA's Holmes is basically a donut steel, god.

It's a good line, user. You have good taste.

Oh god, we're only six days away from the flashback case, people.
You planning on shitposting about it and/or watching the stream?

I bet that if you got the Og Sherlock you would complain about "woah what a Gary Stu selfinsert"

Attached: miss me with that gay shit.gif (256x192, 452K)

Stream? Where?

Sales for AAI and PLvsAA are bad. So basically no more spinoffs.

i screenshotted so much of his bs

Attached: sherlock cop.png (400x240, 89K)

We've always done a Twitch stream for AA cases since 1-5. Pablo09042

This is the dumbest, most boring case in all of Ace Attorney, prove me wrong

Attached: AJPoster4.png (744x768, 739K)

I started playing on Switch but the gameplay is so shallow. The stories and characters are fun but the little 'gameplay' is just a chore that requires no thought at all.

Nice assumption, but nah. I really love FGO's Holmes, who's very similar on the whole to ACD Holmes. Holmes complaining about being single is just way too donut steel, sorry.

unmissable

>Athena's game
>female prosecutor
>boy assistant
Having the assistant, victim or judge be the final villain would be cool. We already have prosecutors, defense, witness, defendant and detective as final villains.

How far are you in? Most people agree the first game is the easiest (or among the easier titles). The second and third game are harder in comparison from the original trilogy.

I was going to say 2-3 but even then the culprit is more interesting. 5-2 comes close.

Why would I buy games I already own to "support" a franchise that isn't nearly dead yet? I liked SoJ anyway.

And Apollo Justice was already "Apollo's game" but he got another one to actually flesh out his character.

That one's the worst but 4-2 is just as bad.

>ACD Holmes
>not a boring gary stu
>defending Sakurai's Holmes
Absolute shit taste my dude, I would take DGS Holmes any day of the week over those two

>Finished DGS
>Go on youtube to listen to Asougi's theme
>Asougi's return in DGS2 is on the results, with the spoiler in the title
For fucks sake

PLAY THAT RECORDING AGAIN!

>Capcom does shit with AA
How so?

Apollo Justice barely focused on him at all, Phoenix and Trucy were practically the protagonists. The focus of that story was Phoenix and Kristoph. In fact you barely learned anything about Apollo by the end of the game except that he and Trucy were siblings. So they added all that shit in SoJ to give him a backstory relevant to that game. Meanwhile in dual destinies the entire plot revolves around Athena and her mom, and Blackquill to a lesser extent. So I feel her backstory is already pretty well explored. If anything I would expect them to pull some shit out of their ass and give Phoenix an epic backstory with some daddy issues like every other character has.

FGO Holmes is a lazy, drug addict bitch who has a fun relationship with Moriarty. I'm sorry for your lack of taste if you can't see how he's great.

Apollo and Trucy finally talking to Thalassa, Gumshoe and Franz return. After this i will be satisfied and the series can end. Except i also want to see the characcter from AAI2 return

>who has a fun relationship with Moriarty
In Shinjuku maybe, he transforms into a writer mouthpiece after that and only exists as a plot device to figure out everything but only reveal it when it's convenient ot the writer
And it's not like the lazy and drug addict part is new or interesting either
>lazy drug addict but actually he is super smart and a genius detective and can instantly figure out everything at a single glance
Both are pretty shit characters and you lack taste if you think any of them is interesting or good at all

For Nick's penis to not go anywhere near Maya's vagina.

If your female prosecutor is Franszika then I'm sold. I can imagine the banter between her, Blackquill and Athena to be great.

Was going to say Turnabout Big Top but even then the culprit is more interesting.

Constant rereleasing of the older games and not making an effort to localize newer ones.

This is what I fear personally. I simultanesouly want to know more about Phoenix but I also don't want them to go the routes they did with Athena and Apollo. The context they've set for the characters make sense for then; Athena didn't talk of her past because she was traumatized, Apollo since he is kind of a more reserved person on the inside. It would be out of character to something that way for Phoenix.

Based
>Imagine MILF Franziska
That would make a shitstorm in a good way

Will we ever get a Nagito type character?

Attached: nagito_komaeda_sprite.png (350x340, 116K)

Is the anime worth a watch? It looks really bad, what games does it cover?

Attached: 33431efbfbfdd1249e09ca868192b4c0.png (1024x539, 296K)

it covers the first 3 games. it's really fucking horrible, if you've played the games you won't get anything out of it

The anime makes some chapters with Phoenix, Larry and Edgeworth as childs, that could work

I would love to see more Mia with Phoenix being a Maya/Raymond like character tho

except for the original episodes

the AAI2 big bad got pretty close to him in my "Absolute Madman" ranking

Turnabout Storyteller was one of my favourites. Turnabout Samurai is also very boring and drags on far too long. If it didn't introduce the Steel Samurai it would be AA2 tier.

>In Shinjuku maybe, he transforms into a writer mouthpiece after that and only exists as a plot device to figure out everything but only reveal it when it's convenient ot the writer
Nice job ignoring the fact that he's interacted with Moriarty numerous times outside of Shinjuku, and that even whenever Holmes is infodumping stuff, there's usually some color added to the way he presents it, like how he gets so whiny and excited to explain something to (You), he forces da Vinci to put him on call instead.
>And it's not like the lazy and drug addict part is new or interesting either
Not saying they were new, just saying that they're endearing traits. I hope you and your shit taste enjoy every moment he's on-screen in FGO from now on, since he's only going to get increasingly more important.

Turnabout Samurai has the major character development for Edgeworth and to a certain extent Phoenix, it's good. The case itself gets draggy, especially the investigation, but the court sections are really good.

Honestly would put Turnabout Reclaimed in God Tier. Easily the best case in 5. Wasn't bogged down by the overarching story of the game, and was full of good, likable characters.

I'm stuck whether to get the trilogy on DS or Switch, I don't like the upgraded graphics to the Switch version to be honest.

It's a fun extra, mostly. It's not great, but it has small character interactions that are fun, and some enjoyuable original eps.

Good list

I bought it because I didn't play these games at all. I gotta so though, first game was a good game, gonna go on the 5th chapter now. Maya's cute.

I have both and i like it more in the switch version, i think it looks more gorgeous than what the 3ds screen could give,
but the DS port have more comfy controla with two screens, so it's a matter of what you preffer user

I can definitely see that, it reminds me a lot of Rise from the Ashes, where they manage to make a lot of different characters still work in an actually fairly simple case. It's good fun.

Attached: 5-DLC Azure.webm (1136x640, 1.94M)