Here's your VR, bro

Here's your VR, bro

Attached: vr.webm (1280x720, 2.25M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wnspfa8h5p0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

bump

I'm not sure how to feel about this. I want VR to be successful and grow. If this can serve as a gateway to give people a small taste and get them interested I am all for it. However, I am worried that the limitations of the hardware and videos like this will give people the impression that VR is a meme gimmick fad that is already when it actually has a lot of potential. It makes me think it might be better to just keep VR out of reach of the poorfags and casuals for a bit longer to make sure people can't mistake an $80 mini game pack and cardboard as being equivalent to a dedicated VR headset.

Attached: 1459386101085.png (400x400, 47K)

Holy fuckin soi Batman!

Attached: image.jpg (1280x1080, 892K)

vr is trash and will always be trash. VR is NOT the future of games

True

Can i just buy valve knuckles and use it without vr in vr titles(or even non-vr)?
I'm not that retarded to use helm, since i'm fine with monitor i guess.
But knuckles looks very good.

Attached: ds2.webm (1440x900, 2.26M)

No sane person will look at this compared to, let's say, the Vive and think that cardboard shit is the future. I genuinely don't know what the fuck nintendo is thinking with the labo garbage.

Cringe

Is the Nitendo lab marketed to kids?

I don't really care about the future of VR becaues I know anyway the tech and research will be used someday. Nor I care about the reputation of the userbase.

But when I people like you, all I can wonder is: is Nitendo Lab marketed for kids? Because I'm all for fun but man this setup looks very minimal for a man of this age to enjoy it that much.

But I don't judge more than that, I laugh gently but I respect and I surely do similar things in other aspects.

Why are you saying that like you are worried that it will be? It will definitely have a place in the future, but it is not going to replace traditional games.

People are pretty quick to judge things with limited information. I would like to think people will know the difference between gyro with acceleration sensors compared to position tracking with external sensors, but I'm not sure that will actually come through. Yea Forums regularly makes comparisons to Wiimotes and I know that Yea Forums wouldn't make exaggerated claims just for emphasis.

It doesn't help that every labo game is basically a glorified tech demo. If Nintendo showed me some actual games maybe I'd stop laughing

>VR is not the future of games
Yeah man coal is coming back too. Horses about to replace electric cars.

Sure it's not, thirdworlder :)

and here comes a thread going to bump limit with people arguing back and forth about vr being a gimmick fad

How the fuck is vr profitable when you need the space and dosh to use it?

Call me back when we get a Lawnmower Man vr game.

VR is a meme gimmick. It's nothing but shitty tech demos and pathetic movement controls

VR should be something like the 3D effect of the 3DS, but with a visor, I mean, a huge sense of depth but with regular controls via gamepad or any other peripheral, looking around should be an option only for racing games and even in that case it should be limited to watch what's next to you.
Every other way is gimmicky and makes for simple games with no quality or incredibly hard to make.

what

When the fuck will people learn the difference between augmented reality and virtual reality?

Attached: 1527022871209.png (444x480, 180K)

I agree. They should go back to 3D TVs with 3D glasses.

Motion controls are a good thing. They give you much more control than buttons or sticks can provide. Don't forget that you also move a mouse to control games and that is what makes them work so well compared to analog. VR controls work well for the same reason, but you can do more since you are moving in 3D space. Coming back from VR makes regular controllers and mouse feel very limited in comparison. In the event that you were just talking about how you move the character in the game, it works the same as any other game.

>WEEEEEEE I'M FLYING!!!! BING BING *1-Up* YA-HOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attached: 1537881662616.jpg (677x677, 295K)

that looks pretty fun actually

Everyone can tell the difference between this and a high end vr headset you fucking retard. What not everyone believes is this "vr is the future" shit, but apparently you do.

There's nothing to worry about, nobody will visit you anyway

>I-I am having fun, guys, I swear!

BING BING WAHOO BING BING WAHOO BING BING WAHOO BING BING WAHOO BING BING WAHOO BING BING WAHOO BING BING WAHOO BING BING WAHOO BING BING WAHOO BING BING WAHOO BING BING WAHOO BING BING WAHOO BING BING WAHOO BING BING WAHOO BING BING WAHOO BING BING WAHOO BING BING WAHOO BING BING WAHOO BING BING WAHOO BING BING WAHOO BING BING WAHOO BING BING WAHOO BING BING WAHOO BING BING WAHOO BING BING WAHOO BING BING WAHOO BING BING WAHOO BING BING WAHOO BING BING WAHOO BING BING WAHOO BING BING WAHOO BING BING WAHOO BING BING WAHOO BING BING WAHOO BING BING WAHOO BING BING WAHOO BING BING WAHOO BING BING WAHOO BING BING WAHOO BING BING WAHOO BING BING WAHOO BING BING WAHOO BING BING WAHOO BING BING WAHOO BING BING WAHOO BING BING WAHOO BING BING WAHOO BING BING WAHOO BING BING WAHOO BING BING WAHOO BING BING WAHOO BING BING WAHOO BING BING WAHOO BING BING WAHOO BING BING WAHOO BING BING WAHOO BING BING WAHOO BING BING WAHOO BING BING WAHOO BING BING WAHOO BING BING WAHOO BING BING WAHOO BING BING WAHOO BING BING WAHOO BING BING WAHOO BING BING WAHOO BING BING WAHOO BING BING WAHOO BING BING WAHOO BING BING WAHOO

youtube.com/watch?v=wnspfa8h5p0

As a Sony fanboy, I am happy that Nintendo is cursed with this nonsense and not Sony. Imagine Sony pushing something like labo. Horrible.

He looks like he's having fun. Also how come this is the only VR thing out right now that doesn't involve setting up 4-5 cameras all over the place in order to get the motion tracking working?

You know switch has games such as dragon dogma, right?

BING BING ARISEN WOLVES HUNT IN PACKS WAHOO BING BING BING WAHOO ARISEN WOLVES HUNT IN PACKS BING ARISEN WOLVES HUNT IN PACKS WAHOO WAHOO WAHOO ARISEN WOLVES HUNT IN PACKS WAWAWAWAWAWAWAWA *PAUSE SOUNDS* ARISEN WOLVES HUNT IN PACKS BING BING WAHOO ARISEN WOLVES HUNT IN PACKS BING BING ARISEN WOLVES HUNT IN PACKS WAHOO BING BING BING WAHOO ARISEN WOLVES HUNT IN PACKS BING ARISEN WOLVES HUNT IN PACKS WAHOO WAHOO WAHOO ARISEN WOLVES HUNT IN PACKS WAWAWAWAWAWAWAWA *PAUSE SOUNDS* ARISEN WOLVES HUNT IN PACKS BING BING WAHOO ARISEN WOLVES HUNT IN PACKS BING BING ARISEN WOLVES HUNT IN PACKS WAHOO BING BING BING WAHOO ARISEN WOLVES HUNT IN PACKS BING ARISEN WOLVES HUNT IN PACKS WAHOO WAHOO WAHOO ARISEN WOLVES HUNT IN PACKS WAWAWAWAWAWAWAWA *PAUSE SOUNDS* ARISEN WOLVES HUNT IN PACKS BING BING WAHOO ARISEN WOLVES HUNT IN PACKS BING BING ARISEN WOLVES HUNT IN PACKS WAHOO BING BING BING WAHOO ARISEN WOLVES HUNT IN PACKS BING ARISEN WOLVES HUNT IN PACKS WAHOO WAHOO WAHOO ARISEN WOLVES HUNT IN PACKS WAWAWAWAWAWAWAWA *PAUSE SOUNDS* ARISEN WOLVES HUNT IN PACKS BING BING WAHOO ARISEN WOLVES HUNT IN PACKS BING BING ARISEN WOLVES HUNT IN PACKS WAHOO BING BING BING WAHOO ARISEN WOLVES HUNT IN PACKS BING ARISEN WOLVES HUNT IN PACKS WAHOO WAHOO WAHOO ARISEN WOLVES HUNT IN PACKS WAWAWAWAWAWAWAWA *PAUSE SOUNDS* ARISEN WOLVES HUNT IN PACKS BING BING WAHOO ARISEN WOLVES HUNT IN PACKS

Attached: 1478177754180.png (620x670, 226K)

yeah because the depth a VR visor can give you is the same of some cheap 3D glasses, I hope you feel stupid

I have seen Yea Forums try to make comparisons to 80's VR, the Virtual Boy, 3D TVs, and Wiimotes that make even less sense. Just because something is obvious doesn't mean people will always get it.

how many of you here realize he is stepping on cardboard toad, thus making it look like he is giving a green toad a footjob.

It doesn't track position, which is what the cameras are used for.