Base Grand Theft Auto 4 is the ultimate pleb filter. It oozes pure soul

Base Grand Theft Auto 4 is the ultimate pleb filter. It oozes pure soul.

Attached: clipping thumb.jpg (1920x1080, 322K)

Fuck GTA 4. I hated it so much when it came out with the slow as fuck moving, butter coated roads, and muh realism. Headshots with snipers didn't even pop people's heads like the ps2 GTAs. I was 16 when I got it at launch and knew I hated it pretty instantly so don't say it's because it's an old game that I just played recently. Fuck shitty GTA 4.

>I was 16
you had shit taste as a kid

>I was 16
nuh uh, playing gta at 16 is illegal

Oh shit, there's a nigger running towards Roman!

You have to go back

>Headshots with snipers didn't even pop people's heads like the ps2 GTAs
Unless it's an anti material rifle, you're not going to take someone's head off their shoulders with a rifle. Dumbass.

>base GTA 4
>posts modded GTA 4
Imagine being this retarded.

Attached: 1494599605585.jpg (500x412, 54K)

Base GTA 4 as in the base Niko story, no graphics mods either as they ruin the look. The only mods I have are a trainer so I can spawn Roman to walk/drive around with me, first person, and a mod that increases ped/vehicle density.

>brown and grey "aesthetic"
>muh grimdark story
>nothing to do outside of missions besides bowling
>goal of game is to make money, but there's literally nothing besides 5 clothing items to spend it on
>""""""""""realistic"""""""""" driving where cars slide around like boats
>every mission is "go here and shoot these guys dead"
>no planes, no tanks, no crazy weapons, no parachutes (until TBoGT)
>protagonist regrets past actions, wants to be a better man
>runs people over because the way they go flying away is funny
>people claim it's the better game because people fall down stairs realistically

GTAV is flawed, but at least it knew what it wanted to be and did a LOT more things than GTAIV.

nah the last gta with soul was SA.
But the new physics engine was perfect for messing around, nothing like driving into a cemented object at 100 km/h, watch Nico fly out of the front window and collide with a wall, only to be perfectly fine walking away right after.
The game was going so hard for realism that it made all the crazy stunts you could pull off look way more ridiculous than it would on 6th gen.

>nothing to do outside of missions besides bowling
Play billiards, play darts, get drunk with Niko's friends, go on a helicopter tour, do vigilante missions, do assassination missions, find cars for Brucie, did you even play the game?

GTA IV is a soulless Hollywood "Deep and real" Cinematic experience that's just like all other Rockstar games in how comically linear it actually is

HEY COUSIN! LETS GO BOWLING!

Have you tried the mod that makes Niko react to gunshots like npcs do in gunfights? You can take a lot less bullets too, so the game is actually tense and pretty difficult. Doable though.

No shit, did you miss his “muh realism” part? Not that guy but I still think it’s pretty damn satisfying to watch heads explode.

no fucking shit dumb fucking retard, but it's a fucking video game not fucking boring ass real life simulator. the ps2 GTAs were infinitely better because it was more arcade-like and you could turn on a dime and it was extremely violent. not fucking sliding around while driving and watching ragdolls fall over like fucking gta 4.

still the most soulful GTA

Attached: MV5BOGMxMTk1MWYtMTU1Ny00NzY5LTliNmQtN2U5YmU4YTBmMGQ1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTUwNTgxNDE@._V1_.jpg (680x510, 60K)

I actually liked going bowling with Roman. Roman is a good character.
>not fucking sliding around while driving and watching ragdolls fall over like fucking gta 4. The realistic ways they react to being shot/stabbed/hit with cars makes the game more violent.

I fucked up the formatting bad. Why does arcade-like = automatically better game to you? You're basically admitting you prefer casual mechanics that take no time to master. I'm actually quite good at driving in 4.

I liked GTA V better because the asthetic was closer to that of GTA VC than IV and driving vehicles was more fun, but both are amazing games.

>driving vehicles was more fun
You can magically flip your vehicle over if you land on your roof, where is the challenge?

>QoL improvements are bad >:(
>I'll say it's just easy!
>Man I look like a Hardcore gamer now

I suspected you wouldn't reply. You get all your points against GTA 4 straight from Yea Forums.

THE definition of soul in videogames
If there was a Yea Forums dictionary under Soul would just be a still from VC with "You're out of touch, I'm out of time" written underneath

>QoL improvements are bad
Being able to flip your vehicle back onto it's wheels after being upside down makes no sense and only exists to ease frustration of people who don't want to take time to get good at the game.

You should be able to just tap a button to magically regain all your health in a gunfight, that would be a great quality of life improvement. Rockstar's already taking steps in that direction with their inclusion of regenerating health.

Wow, you're hardcore!

Now you're resorting to the same tactic you were accusing me of in .

GTA 4 isn't a fun game.

I can get the appeal of the mood, kind of, but the mission design is awful, the characters are all perpetually miserable if not outright parodies in human form, everything is painted over with this hideous grey tint, the cars handle like boats, the guns don't feel good unless you're one of those people that worships euphoria...

Gay Tony was a lot better, at least.

>unless you're one of those people that worships euphoria...
Literally the greatest ragdoll physics ever seen in any game.

San Andreas dumbed down Vice City and 3, making it worse and more accessible for casuals and shitters. Prove me wrong

You're lying if you say GTA 5 wasn't an unnecessary simplification of the game.

The best GTA is GTA1, because it didn't have easy mode like a third person perspective

I haven't tried the PC version, I would if I felt like replaying the game, though I'm afraid they've cut out a lot of the licenced tracks at this point, not to mention all the other issues with modern hardware.
Cheat codes satisfied my needs for the most part with gta.
I remember a glitch near a slingshot that would shoot your car up 100 meters in the air at complete random, hours of entertainment right there

Shut up faggot, I'm not sitting here refreshing the thread so I can argue with a retard that loves GTA 4 even though it's boring, slow shit. I like the arcade-like stuff more because I prefer how it allows for much faster-paced gameplay. It's your fucking opinion if everything being slow as fuck and having a ragdoll move it's little ragdoll arm when you stab it makes it better, but that's not the case for me faggot and I actually fucking hated it in gta 4 because it was unbearably slow.

>unnecessary
You could say this about literally any change since the dawn of video gaming

>driving around Broker
>come to a road overlooking the docks
>has a long ass vertical drop and no guard rails
>get out of car and just nudge into people and knock them off
>spend nearly 20 minutes to nudging people of the ledge and watching them plummet to their deaths
>because its not technically assaulting them, I never get a wanted level
It was fun, mostly because the ragdoll physics were very amusing

Attached: 1535996996163.jpg (285x319, 40K)

>458386951 (You)
>though I'm afraid they've cut out a lot of the licenced tracks at this point
If you do decide to replay it on the PC, downgrade to the 1.0.7.0 version. It gives back all the cut songs and is just as stable as the 1.0.8.0 version.

They added a bunch more shit though.

All unnecessary bullshit that casualizes the experience

It's so fucking obvious this was one of OP's first fucking games the way he's childishly taking all the arguments way out of context

That reminds me of another reason I hated GTA 4, no good fucking cheats.

>have more shit to do outside the main missions casualizes the experience
g8 b8 m8

>Giving the ADHD school shooter generation ways to distract themselves from the core game which is "Too hard" for them
Yep, casualized to extremes

Couldn't agree more.

>16
>kid

missing the point
doesnt know what casualizing is

>Casual crying about his casualized game being exposed
Enjoy your "Streamlined" Driving, shooting, and gameplay experience, you fucking casual

if pure soul means annoying phone calls sure

Feel like replaying it since my PC can handle it fairly well now. What are some essential mods that don't radically alter the experience?

Confirmed autism

how many ADHD school shooters played SA? Do kids in school still play SA? I don't think the kids that are currently still in school play PS2 games and that's the generation that is having school shootings more often than ever, lol.

I accept your concession

Autism

see
You know you lost when you can only fall back to "le autism"

And i Accept yours

Glad you conceded defeat and admit that San Andreas was a casual experience

This isnt an competition, retard.

This isnt a comepetion retard

Teплoe мecтo нa yлицe ждyт
Oтпeчaткoв нaших нoг

thank you user, I'll look into it
yeah, the flying cars cheat is dearly missed