Dead Space 2 is better than Dead Space

Dead Space 2 is better than Dead Space

Attached: f065fec21bc520cea4a7aa9dbdee88b8.jpg (640x960, 80K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/-fpTVgamGS4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Tell us something that we don't know user!

Wrong.

Giving Isaac a voice was a huge mistake.

3 > 1 > 2

1 = 2 > 3

1 was better than 2 but 2 wasn't a bad game. The things I didn't like were that 2 used to rely more on jumpscares while they were almost absent on 1. Also they put enemies behind your back regularly, making it predictable while in 1 they rarely did so it was actually unsettling when it happened.

man fuck EA. killed the fucking series just because Dead Space 3 didn't sell 5 billion copies

Anyone seen this yet? youtu.be/-fpTVgamGS4

I thought it was a slight step down.
DS - 10
DS2 - 9.5
DS3(+DLC) - 8
They were all such a lot of fun to play. Prefer them to the Post-Nemesis RE games.

Attached: crossover.jpg (700x750, 35K)

Fuck you and fuck your marker !

I'd say it's rather
DS1 = DS2 * 0.9 = DS3 * 1/0

Deaddy Space 1 > Daddy Space 2 >>>>>>>>>>>> Death of the series 3

That notation is confusing. Should be:
DS2 = DS1 * 0.9
And in the last part 1/0 should be a limit to even make sense, and even so I doubt DS3 is calification should be infinity

Attached: ackchyually.png (700x700, 21K)

Looks like shit, and the dead space inspiration is way too heavy handed.

2 was more polished, but more of a standard tpp shooter with setpieces

2 did horror better than 1.

It really did.

The only part where 2 surpassed 1 in that department is act 10 and it's mostly thanks to 1 anyway.

Attached: deadspace2 2011-02-04 19-42-52-90.jpg (1600x1024, 79K)

At this point, it is all just... dead weight.

Attached: deadspace2 2011-02-05 02-54-49-99.jpg (1600x1024, 593K)

post yfw you had to go back into the Ishimura

Attached: 1551117490368.jpg (460x406, 35K)

>long corridor to get the the ishimura
>bet something will attack me, how predictable
>nothing happens a good way into the level
>going back
>get fucked by the black brutes

More like huge improvment
>The whole history of Dead space have a personal meaning for the protagonist since he comes to the ship to save his waifu
>All the shocking moments,twist and betrayals lost the impact since the protag only stares quietly for the situation
>Giving Issac a voice not only correct these mistake but they really nailed in his personality making a very likeable character

Was it that hard or tense? I barely remember this part. And nothing beats when they set a fucking dark nercomorph to attack you once you access a save station in 1 anyway.

Spoiler that shit in future, my man. People are not only born all the time but those who are old enough can become a new player at the very same rate.

Nah
The beggining when you are on a strap jacket
When you go to the unitology church
When you go to the school
the ishimura part

All way more memable than any part of the first one

All Dead Space are trash and it's a good thing EA shut down Visceral

Attached: 1552999124613.png (409x404, 132K)

>Spoiler that shit
I merely advertised the fact

When that chick shows that nicole killed herself and isaacs shoulders slump was well done. The only memoranle line isaac has is the fuck your marker line. The regenerating necromorph, dropkicking baby necromorphs and that fucking one that falls apart don't require a voice protagonist.

>All way more memable than any part of the first one
Medical, second time. And think the first time you got there, not the subsequent ones when you were psychologically read.

>on tram
>"Isaac the are necromorphs pouring out of the medical sector"
>"good thing you're not going there"
>"Warning. Obstruction detected. Diverting tram to ...medical. Have a nice day."

Well, I was more talking about how you get fucking no air (and so very little sound) while getting buttraped by necros from every direction, with no obvious way out. That was fun. I wonder if these games can be used on impressionable enough people to see if their heart is strong enough.

What about when you restart the engine? The god damn thing starts making so much noise you can't hear the horde of necromorphs that is about to fuck you up in 5 seconds

DS2 is a big, dumb action game pretending to be Dead Space.

How do you go from this clunky, slow, claustrophobic experience where Issac moves and acts like an actual person to flying around on jets like he's fucking iron man in the first hour of DS2? To anyone who didn't notice this and immediately be turned off by it, fuck you.

Attached: 1368999391460.png (570x489, 407K)

Fpbp

I had plenty of suppressed memories, thank you. At least now I can justify a replay on max difficulty.

DEAD SPACE
NEGATIVE ATMOSPHERE
are people even trying anymore?

>moves and acts like an actual person
>See all that carnage and monsters,he just stares quietly over it
>He barely shrugs when he discovers his girlfriend dies
Top kek user,autism is not a common thing like you parents told you

Have fun running away from the regenerator in that telekenisis maze.

>PTSD: The Act
I've never been more on edge

>See all that carnage and monsters,he just stares quietly over it
>He barely shrugs when he discovers his girlfriend dies
Yes, people are capable of doing that when placed in extremely stressful situations.

I reminder him having some great lines.
>Fuck you and fuck your marker!
>I'll make it.

He shuffles around like a damn zombie in 1, actual person my ass

And a miss. This one I remember vividly. Introducing that fucking thing is another point in favour of 1 being the more stressful one.

>He shuffles around like a damn zombie in 1, actual person my ass
He's wearing an engineering rig, not exactly designed for ease of movement. This was all intentional

DESPITE ALL MY RAGE

dead space is much better imo, but it needs some new weapon mods imo, or rebalancing, a lot of weapons are absolute garbage in impossible/hard mode

Abolutely garbage.

But that line is memorable for a reason...its not only a good meme but holy fuck the ´´Goddanmit i trusted you!``line before totally nail how Issac feels in that point,his voice acting was top notch IMO.Also the ´´i am full of bad ideas`` line shows how humble he is wich i find kinda nice...even more by today standards when quips and one liners to show how badass someone is is in full force.

>Isaac whatever you do make sure you dont...

Just keep maxed out Force Gun as a fallback weapon and you'll be fine.

DS1 is overall better, but the second half of 2 is some of the best in the series. unfortunately the first half is a drag and has you spending way too much time in the hotel area.

I really liked the lack of UI in the games, they will always be better than resident evil

Hmm? Oh don't mind me, just being the best looking suit in the series.

Attached: SecurityRIG.jpg (370x600, 43K)

FUCK YOU
AND FUCK YOUR MARKER

>space era
>ships are a common thing
>expects engineers not having a way of performing outer work while the ship is in space

wew

I really liked how they made the game so it never cuts away to a loading screen. It was very possible to play through the whole thing in one continuous uninterrupted experience.

Why is the Javelin the best gun?

Great for home decor.

Not for me. The best part about playing DS was the novelty. I loved Event Horizon so playing DS for the first time, learning about the story, the weapons and the tools was the best part.

What does that have to do with anything I said?

But it does. When you get on the tram it shows a loading screen.

The whole psychological breakdown gimmick in DS3 could've lead to some really interesting and creative scenarios but it was so underutilised and one sided.

The fact that DS3 has some incredible ideas shining through the clusterfuck of bad design decisions is by far the worst thing about it. What a missed opportunity.

Attached: 1549241922851.png (565x541, 157K)

I agree the weapon customization was great

user the security suit and its reskins are some of the best designed armors in video games period.

All of it was ruined past the 30% mark the moment we make contact with the ice planet

Ice isnt scary. It just isnt.

Dead Space 2

Sounds like some faggot’s never watched The Thing

Huh. Yeah, it has been a while since I've played both.

The Thing is fine you idiot

But thats not what made it truly scary

Any fellow Unitologists present?

yes and no
ds2 ran better, had cooler weapons and enemies
but ds1 nailed the atmosphere better i feel, the gameplay felt more methodical and tense
id argue that both games are equal, with ds2 being an example of how to do a sequel right
ds3 can fuck right off though

Attached: RiotRIG.jpg (370x600, 51K)

The arctic is very much a part of it’s horror and intensity, though. Long, dark winters with no contact to the outside world, hidden horrors being unfrozen in the ice, the outdoors being a dangerous enviroment that forces everyone to stick together, etc.

Attached: all smiles.jpg (171x167, 7K)

Altman be praised, brother

Currently a bit bummed, saw some of EarthGov's bullshit propaganda on the news.
Think I'll make another donation to the Church later today, that always cheers me up.

My wife is trying to convince me to act out the unification seremony so we can be unified in and for all eternity, she's 11

DS was scary first 33.3% of the game though. Then it became the same gameplay loop of clean a room and solve puzzle. Necromorphs stopped being scary fast, so they had to roll with the action side of the game.

Director (((Tiedeman)))

>a black jew
huh ?

>jew
Unitologist

The 26th century is hella multicultural

Like wtf even is Ellie supposed to be

Game should have ended here.

Attached: deadspace2 2019-03-27 17-13-04-47.jpg (3840x2160, 1.09M)

I too must know