Why the FUCK does this game have such good reviews?

Why the FUCK does this game have such good reviews?

Attached: omikron.jpg (460x215, 22K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FiodKBLDpys
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It's a nice game, great atmosphere.

Still very worth playing today for its originality. It's a 1999 game and there's a bit of jank, but only shallow retards care about that

KOOPI SANDWICH

Just because your favorite LP channel thrashed it because they all suck at vidya, doesn't mean it's bad.

dude david bowie 10/10 lmaoooooooooo

Because of its originality and "soul". I replayed it recently and feel like it aged like fine wine despite some archaic gameplay elements. They don't make them like they used to anymore.

people were wowed by the 3D open world, it was one of the first after all.

I still distinctly remember when it came out and it went mostly unnoticed even in its country of origin.

It wasn't even that immpressive, it came out at roughly the same time as Shenmue and 3D MMOs were already a thing on PC.

Attached: maxresdefault (1).jpg (1280x720, 204K)

youtube.com/watch?v=FiodKBLDpys

>that part with the pulleys where you just die

Because it's a game that despite its incredibly high ambition and innovative blending of genres managed to retain a certain level of competence.

What are you talking about? It fucking sucks. Omikronfags are insane.

Reminder that this is the last David Cage production that features actual gameplay and can be considered a game.

It's nowhere near the worst game I've ever played, and there was a lot of shitty shovelware at the time. And again, just consider how much genre blending and how many systems they were trying to shove in there, it should have gone much more poorly than it actually did.

I'm not sure. I don't remember it getting anything but mediocre reviews back when it came out (mostly on the level of "it's an interesting game with some cool concepts but it just isn't very good) and it was forgotten shortly after that. I have no idea why people are suddenly interested in it again.

It went as poorly as it possibly could.

>gets 4/5 of the way through the game before discovering there's a map that they are too stupid to read anyway

That was the best LP

>triangular coins
THEY WOULD WRECK YOUR POCKETS

it's a shit game but I have to admit half their problems came from their insistence on using a controller with the PC version, which doesn't have anything resembling proper controller support so it controlled like shit the entire way through.

>having Woolie read the walkthrough
Why would anyone think this would end in anything but disaster?

They needed Liam.

LA Noire is their swan song.

They killed Liam for it

The best LPs are the ones where the game fights back.

Liam would have tried to defend the game and they would probably actually slit his fucking throat.

fuck off david

This game is so broken on modern pcs. This should not be allowed on the steam store or gog. Even emulating it is a nightmare that doesnt really work. The only way to play this shit is with a real dreamcast apparently.

>Woolie gets triggered over everything
>The best
Fuck no.

Because they only played the first bit.

t. Liam