How would you improve/fix the command deck from Birth by Sleep and Dream Drop Distance?

Attached: Command_Deck_KHBBS.png (300x185, 28K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/3qeU_GQvKeI?t=1m9s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Balance commands and make them flow easily with regular attacks

In other words
Re:coded already fixed it

Well for starters, don't make normal attacks completely pointless.

it's perfect as is

Re: Coded is as good as the command deck is going to get. At its core it just isn't a very good system even if Re: Coded does manage to make it fun.

Personally feel the biggest problem was the work to actually get moves and abilities being a fairly tedious grindfest and holding up a guide.
It gets shit on for overtaking the natural combo strings, sure.
But having flashier, more grand attacks managed by cooldowns was a lot more fun endgame than strafe-sliding shooting firaga chains for 20 uninterrupted seconds.

Fpbp

Don't lock the good commands behind stupid shit (raising animals in DDD or the board game in BbS)

Seamless comboing of commands with zero downtime between them, like in the early trailers
youtu.be/3qeU_GQvKeI?t=1m9s

this basically
I liked how Re:Coded had "memory cost" for commands on top of slots, so stronger commands would have higher memory cost than weaker commands, but they would always use 1 slot. BBS and DDD had some commands that took up 2 whole fucking slots, and usually they weren't that powerful to actually be worth spending two slots on (except Mega Flare)

Those animations are identical
You can clearly see Ven coming to a full stop into neutral before the next command

Also Overdrive was the best combat gimmick of the series.

There's a brief cooldown period in the final version before you can use another command. Notice the Thunder-Fire Surge-Aerial Slam combo Terra does at 1:40. You could never pull that shit off in the actual game

Make regular attacks not worthless

I think if you have the timing right you can do that.

removing mp for cooldowns was a mistake

this exactly. seriously. re:coded was really fucking good.

It must be really strict then, because I never managed to pull it off. At most, I could only chain some commands together by throwing regular attacks in between them, like Sliding Dash - Attack - Aerial Slam

Re:coded practically perfected. Maybe add in the sleight system from COM and some elements from Days like the desperation attacks, level up system, and the different keyblades having different fighting styles.

Days had a garbage ass leveling system the fuck you talking about? And the Overdrive system is more than enough to make each keyblade unique and worth using.

Re:coded's Stat Matrix is basically Panels 2.0 and is better in every single way

Hmm. Maybe make it so normal moves speed up the cooldown on your selected command? Also were normal attacks the main way to build meter in Recoded?

>he different keyblades having different fighting styles.
Re:Coded did have two sets of two keyblades with different regular attacks. I kinda wish there were more, at least one post-game keyblade with each
Sonic Arts (quick attacks)
>Lionheart
>Three Wishes
Impact Arts (slower attacks)
>Olympia
>Metal Chocobo

Everything built Overdrive. Commands did more than regular attacks and attacks which hit multiple enemies counted each enemy.

So a well-executed Judgement Triad could very well get you from 0 to Finish Command

/thread

Nerf Ballon for DDD and Thunder surge for BBS
Also Re coded style comands like some anons already said