They're not the good guys and they did a lot of shady stuff as well throughout the years

>They're not the good guys and they did a lot of shady stuff as well throughout the years.

Attached: 1098px-Valve_old_logo.svg.png (1098x300, 10K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PcCAlmYDpHE
boards.fireden.net/v/search/text/has Valve made anything successful in the past few years/
unrealengine.com/en-US/blog/the-gaming-industry-gets-set-for-an-unreal-2018
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>mindless drones defend them anyway

Honestly, Steam drones, has Valve made anything successful in the past few years?

>Steam machines? Flop
>Steam controllers? Flop
>SteamOS? Flop
>Steam Link? Flop
>Shartifact? You better believe that was a flop
>Source 2? Not even made to even be a flop
>Steam Videos? Flop
>Steam VR? Fired devs

Literally the only money they have is from rent controlling other peoples games like a corrupt landlord, and that's gonna end soon.

Omg, how many threads do you hipsters need to spam of this Steam vs Epic Games bullshit? No one cares after 3 months of these fucking repeat threads!

BASED GABEN

He is the savior of PC gaming the home of the MASTER RACE. Filthy console peasants and their 30fps. Based GabeN gives us video games for super cheap with super fun holiday sales.Check your inventory, you likely have a coupon for a SUPER great game right now!

People who defend their fat asshole gaben make me sick.

>Valve pretty much enabled underage gambling before it even was a big controversy.

>Valve are fucking snakes who sold $30 Arcana skins and begged their player base to fund their own Dota 2 tournaments.

Valve has done more damage to gaming than any other company. They popularized most of the cancers plaguing gaming today. They forced me to start pirating. When they were pushing Steam they used far worse tactics than Epic is using, HL2 is a good example, it was the first online client DRM for a single player game even if you bought it physically, it was the first Steam code in a box. Doesn't matter if it comes with a disc, if it requires Steam then it is a Steam code in a box.
Valve has never made a good game so the only people that want HL3 are Valve drones. Anyone that thinks otherwise is a brainwashed Valve drone.

Tiananmen

They aren't super cheap, they are extremely expensive. Games are more expensive than ever because of Valve and digital distribution. Even $1 is too much for a download.

it's the same guy on his anti-valve crusade

>steals 30% of your profit
>does jack shit in return
It's hard being a steamcuck sometimes. There's days I wish I could stop.

No matter how much Valve fucks its users in the ass they are still far better than the alternatives.

>consoles take 70%+ cut
>does jack shit in return

wow when are you epic chinks going to admit consoles are worse than PC

It's literally PRC bots and/or Good Citizens upping their Social Credit Score.

They still have to actually make the consoles, prgram them to run the games, and make discs so the consoles can actually run the games
Meanwhile Valve..exists.

>>does jack shit in return
You do realize that there is distribution costs and no matter what you're going to pay those ~30% to sell your shit anyway?

Piracy digitally distributes games for $0, what is Valve's excuse?

>Steam VR? Fired devs
Think you meant to say
>Steam VR? Resounding success
And that's all it takes, Valve can afford to fail many times before spectacular success. They're single-handedly saving VR from the clutches of Facebook, so you know what, F U C K Y O U.

>Any VR
>Resounding success
Don't be delusional.

>tried to force paid mods
>good guys

Fags will try to say that this was the fault of Bethesda, but they forget that Gabe said this:

"Actually money is how the community steers work."

I've lived through 3 VR cycles and this is the first time they're actually pushing forward through all the myriad tech that needs to be developed and perfected and it's not just a screen stuck on your nose. Look at this and tell me this will fail and has no potential:
youtube.com/watch?v=PcCAlmYDpHE

It's no doubt the best VR has ever been, but Sekiro just sold 2 million copies; playing games with your hands and a proper screen is still the way to go

Just look at the most popular VR games now: Being beaten by old ass FONV

Attached: 1554462028237.png (769x532, 335K)

It will fail and has no potential. It's the exact same gimmicky bullshit as every other VR experience out there: full of menial tasks because there's no way to make an actually compelling game experience in VR. If there were, one would have surely come out by now in the 4 or so years that these VR headsets have been on the market.

They also ignore that Valve had already had paid mods for their own multiplayer games for years.

Valve is delusional

Valve is like a succubus. They succ the life out of every game and franchise they've ever created.

So? Dunno about you but if I had to choose between retards who care about cosmetic shit paying for my games and paying for my games myself, I'll pick the former any day
This applies to all games with cosmetic only microtransactions

>Valve is delusional

Ya better believe it honey
-Jojack from King of the Hill

Attached: 1544409250805.jpg (1275x676, 115K)

Sony ruined japanese gaming.

Witness the power of China!
boards.fireden.net/v/search/text/has Valve made anything successful in the past few years/

I knew it seemed familiar

Its really strange that they can be at this 24/7 but keep using the same core posts.

Attached: again.png (673x879, 60K)

Literally the same as your beloved Sony. Why aren't you shitting on Sony as well????

Motion controls haven't even been developed fully and Knuckles will be the first actual viable controllers with sufficient inputs to make fun gameplay to appear, you just need patience. I don't see much of a difference between waiting a year or two for a game I'm looking forward to and waiting for VR to become a reality.

Well yeah...not gonna deny it
That is true, but I'll give them credit for trying to do something new, even though they should've continued making vidya and not try to become a hardware company, also I doubt it will end soon, Steam is still big and many Epics exclusives are gonna come out there anyways

>has reviews
>has forums
>has community guides
>has workshop
Sorry OP, get some BTFO

>Source 2? Not even made to even be a flop
Source 2 has been used on Dota 2 since 2015 though, granted they don't use it on any other games

Attached: 4zzhjo522wq21.jpg (640x640, 164K)

honestly I'd rather valve get the 30% than sjw devs or tencent unironically

Gabe isn't cucked by the jew

And unlike Valve, Epic makes a pretty profit from selling their engine

unrealengine.com/en-US/blog/the-gaming-industry-gets-set-for-an-unreal-2018

>"deep thinking" contrarian writes rant riddled with grammar and spelling mistakes
wow how surprising

>51% stock meme
>capatalism

>devs benefit from the lower store cut
why would epic need to pay them upfront if devs benefited so much from this?

good point about the steam reviews though

Valve don't really need to sell their engine anymore, they're already getting a lot of money with microtransactions in TF2, CSGO and Dota 2, plus all the money they're getting from sales of other games

You're right, he IS the jew.

Attached: epic birds.jpg (640x662, 110K)

>plus all the money they're getting from sales of other games

Like I said that's coming to an end soon.

remember when valve wanted to sell mods on their platform?
wonder why nobody does

I will never forget all the freebies they give out to the community consistently.

I will never fall to communism and accept the insect mindset the forgets that Steam saved pc gaming.

I work within the TF2, DOTA and CSGO workshops they'll actively blacklist you within the workshops for disputing anything they say.

We often have problems with getting paid, valve says they'll look into it but it used to be we'd get paid straight away then it become later in the month and then it was just IDK maybe i'll pay you later

They're all shit but I don't understand why people spam that steam doesn't do anything.
Steam provides;
Easy access to multiplayer
DRM
The actual fucking client to the users
A bunch of shit nobody cares about like items
A bunch more shit nobody cares about like letting companies use news posts for fucking advertising
reviews (which is good and bad)
fucking forums so people can ask for help and be ignored by devs because they've run away with your money
There's more but I'm bored of typing shit you already know and just ignore cause you work for epic.

Lets for example say I said "It took me five minutes" on an item that got accepted.
Would they black list me from future contributions?
Could this be why nothing else has been accepted?

Asking for a friend.

Name those shady things. None will be as bad as buying exclusivity.

Attached: 0e9.jpg (600x600, 30K)

He is a literal Jew

I work with epic and they'll actively blacklist you within China for disputing anything they say. We often have problems getting paid, president Xi says he'll look into it, but it used to be we'd get paid straight away, then it became later in the month, and now it's just "idk do you shills even need money?"

Valve are at least trying to be innovative. Everyone else is playing catch-up.

>We often have problems with getting paid

I've never had a problem getting paid desu.

Winnie the Pooh created another pasta
so I guess your keywords to be added on the word filter at this round will be
>Valve
>Shady
and
>Throughout

Right?

Hello, chink shills

Attached: 33d7.jpg (576x499, 54K)

They are slaves to capital just like everyone else.

Mine literally can. I don't understand you image.

>I'm venting my teenage rage
Try to have sex for once. It might solve your depression.

This guy is lying and what he says is baseless.

my friend hasn't said anything of the sort when I asked him

Attached: 4chan got overrun by soy gobblers.jpg (1000x1000, 243K)

given the amount of games releasing on Steam and still online, it's not going to happen within less than at least 5 years, unless that's your definition of "soon". From what I can see, Epic's strategy doesn't seem very sustainable on the long term, they seem to be investing more money that they're earning. what I mean by that is they throw in tremendous amounts of cash to developpers to "convince" them to make their game a timed Epic store exclusive, but right now the store's reputation is very mitigated, because of all these shady practices, and allegedly very poor account security (80 millions accounts potentially compromised in January).
Right now, they can afford this type of strategy while Fortnite is still a big player and a cash cow, but people will eventually move on sooner or later, the same thing happened with Minecraft : boomed in popularity, was a heavy success and spawned a lot of merch, but it eventually started to fade and people jumped to another game. Also, because Epic refuses to disclose any number of sales whatsoever, you can't really measure the success of their store, you can only take their word for it. They're going to be struggling in the future with only 12% revenue once Fortnite dies, combine that with the fact they refuse to show any number that could give an indication of popularity, they're probably trying to hide something right now.

who am I kidding though, you were probably just baiting

Minecraft is the most played game today.

yeah I should have known you were baiting

>I will never forget all the freebies they give out to the community consistently.
you mean like epic is doing right now, only with actually better games?

Who are you quoting?

>only with actually better games?

Attached: 1503417623616.jpg (900x900, 149K)

>Competition will make steam improve
Can anyone give an example of how Steam can compete with epic exclusives?
They going to buy their own exclusives?
Like what the fuck benefit is going to come to me as a consumer?
Fuck publishers taking money while devs and consumers get thrown in the ditch

I only care about video games and Valve hasn't made video games since 2004.I don't care about Steam, I play on PlayStation. Call me when Valve or Epic make a video game cause I can't play digital stores and PS Masterrace don't have time for this shit, the PS4 is killing it with awesome fucking games, and it's all carefree comfy fun, with exclusives. PC has become a toxic cesspool of greed,virgins and whorish multiplaform games with evil

Steam has never given out anything as good as Subnautica, quote me on that

>fanboying and defending billion dollar corporations unironically as if they're your friends
Americans are so weird.
You should be using the best service available. Not clinging onto one because you think they're your pals.

Attached: 1555010740741.gif (408x408, 382K)

>"Steam has never given out anything as good as Subnautica, quote me on that"

L4D2 was given to everyone who got falsely banned from CODMW2.
TF2
CSGO

Attached: 3567363452435.gif (245x225, 1.05M)

Steam IS the best service, Fact.

L4D2 is a shit game though

Attached: left 4 dead sucsk.jpg (943x818, 149K)

what's your point

Portal

Digital distribution is neither a good or service. I don't want service to be a part of games anyway, give me a physical copy or I will pirate. Download code obviously doesn't count.

Well if L4D2 is shit I'd hate to know what tier Subnautica is

Dota 2
CS GO

NOBODY IS SAYING THAT VALVE IS PERFECT AND THEY DESERVE IT WHEN THEY GET SHIT UPON. BUT EPIC IS PURE UNFILTERED CANCER THE LIKES OF WHICH EVEN EA ISN'T.

.t boomer who won't get with the times

Attached: 1542226878110.jpg (861x929, 201K)

I got with the times by switching to piracy

Burn what you download to a disk you fucking retard

>Steam is DRM
Discs are DRM as well faggot because cd keys exist faggot

wrecked

Tiananmen Square Massacre

OP here.

I don't even have epic store installed on my computer computer because i transformed into a 100% pirate fag i wish i could return all the money i gave to valve since i opened my steam account back in 2007/8 with the copy of CSS that i bought

>07
He will never be one of us bros

it's really is amazing how inhuman it all feels

>not giving a fuck about Epic Shit Store because I have 110 games on GOG, 670 on Steam and various other games without launcher and counting
>clinging
also
>implying Yea Forums is one person and is American
Isn't it bedtime for you soon or haven't you earned your 50 cents yet?

Sell your Steam account to me. I'm offering 2500$.

>You should be using the best service available
....So Steam?

>Been using the Epic launcher for 3 years
>China hasnt kidnapped me to work on their farms
Yea Forums was wrong again

But who could have posted these?

Attached: Its chinkachu.png (640x853, 1.28M)

>First time this photo was posted we all just laughed at made fun of it
>It has become the norm now for this place that people like that are shitting up these boards
How old is this photo now?

Steam drones ding dong diddly seethin'

i think the people seething are the ones making 24/7 "STEAM BTFO" threads but that's just me