You wouldn't buy stolen goods in the real world so why do people do it online...

You wouldn't buy stolen goods in the real world so why do people do it online? Most key resellers are criminals who obtain the keys by removing them from physical media, console bundles and retailer databases. The others are from low exchange rate countries. Still a violation of Steam terms of use.

Attached: 432272-maxresdefault.jpg (1600x900, 67K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/devolverdigital/status/466577590606520320
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>implying

>You wouldn't buy stolen goods in the real world so why do people do it online?
Why wouldn't you?

Publishers confirm this.

twitter.com/devolverdigital/status/466577590606520320

Borderlands 3, that's why.

>Publishers

They would claim anything to stop the flow of sales they don't see direct money from.

>The others are from low exchange rate countries

Oh no, how dare we use global markets to buy cheaper goods on electronic items that serve no purpose to be more expensive.

>"HURR, WHY YOU NO PAY MORE TO SUPPORT THE GOOD COPORATIONS?!"

>Still a violation of Steam terms of use.

Good thing it isn't the law.

>tfw australian dollar much better in recent years but they still make you pay double the price of the us equivalent

I think you're mistaking official retailers like GMG with shady unofficial retailers like G2A.

The products are for the economic conditions of that country. People get paid more in countries with higher prices.

>that one time Randy and Co. tried to partner with them

Attached: gearbox-partners-with-controversial-game-key-reseller-g2a-for-bulletstorm-full-clip-edition-bundle-1 (1080x720, 299K)

People who buy keys are less moral than pirates and also several magnitudes dumber. Look at this thread. Hey fuckface, G2A is a company too.

It depends. My guess is you call people that buy keys retards because they might as well just pirate it then.

Sure anybody that buys a key on G2A or other sites for a singleplayer game is pretty retarded, but if a game has multiplayer and you just wanna get it cheaper while still having access to multiplayer without any need to work around it you would be best off getting it from a key site.

At least digital piracy doesn't put money into the hands of criminals. Indeed there are dumb people who think it's ok since they're paying.

Keys can be disabled. Ubisoft have done this and removed games from their Uplay accounts.

Some of it is stolen, some of it is just cheap cdkeys from 3rd world countries. And who gives a fuck about steam terms of use?

>supports human trafficking, drug dealers, criminal organizations
>WHO CARES?

It makes sense to spend 10$ on something rather to pirate it, you get all the automatic updates and fixes. Unless it's some older game with all the patches already cracked.

Learn to code

Every time you buy anything made in China you support all that. Every time you buy any medication you support all that and worse. Your may thing you are holier than others but you are just a hypocrite.

>"Muh lost $100 to g2a"
>g2a: "We can fix that, what problem do you have"
>"It doesn't matter now fuck you"
Ya... G2A are the bad guys alright.

>Using G2A in this era.
Jesus you just like to be scammed. Look for other sites.

In progress, sweety.
Care to explain how?
They charge money for antiscum protection.

>You wouldn't buy stolen goods in the real world
retarded assumption.
>Most key resellers are criminals who obtain the keys by removing them from physical media, console bundles and retailer databases
retarded non-fact.
>The others are from low exchange rate countries
retarded exaggeration.
retarded conclusion.

I buy from a key site if I want to spite the dev as much as possible. Piracy is actually more morally just.

And goods are expensive in other countries due to tariffs.

Which are pointless on electronic goods.

>They charge money for antiscum protection
Which you're free to opt-out of, and odds are, if you're buying from a 99.99% trustworthy seller, there's little chance of you getting scammed.

i buy stolen goods all the fucking time why wouldn`t you

How it is criminal if it isn't illegal?

they got money from the initial sale to a person who only got the code to sell it again, I do not see why they should get money from it twice.
the product was only consumed once, and they got their money for it alread.

unless of course the code was fraudulently procured, but then the code is probably going to be revoked anyway, which costs them money, but thats largely besides the point.

>They charge money for antiscum protection.

Like gamestop?

Fuck no, look at Canada. They pay higher $69-79 for new game while the money they earn is lower.

all of my gaming platforms are stolen goods, lmao. i bought a pc with ryzen 5 something and a 1070 for 200€ from a gypsy that stole it. my ps4 fell of a bus and I paid 100€ for it.

fell off a truck*

Worse. It's subscription based.

>I've already purchased the game in the past/on another account/platform and I just want it again on my new steam account because you don't actually own the things you buy on steam
>I can't purchase the game officially anymore
>my friends want me to play something with them but I'm not paying 21+ USD to do so when they could very well drop it tomorrow
>if I buy it legitimately the money won't go to the original developers, maybe some tyrannical publisher/license holder or nu-devs instead
>game is still like 30+ dollars despite being ten years old and receiving no remaining support
>what said, how is key thieving even real in 2019

They do not. The shield makes your complaints high priority but they still resolved my complaint without shield the one time I had one.

Is it better to pirate or use cheap keys?

For me, I pirate every single player game. I use cdkeys for online games or if I'm impatient waiting for a crack to come. I haven't bought a steam game since 2014.

If you can get a game for cheap it's better, you get instant updates and patches, you can use a workshop and never have to think about it. If it's some older game that's been patched out and fixed (like Borderlands 2 or Deus Ex: Human Revolution or whatever) no reason not to pirate it.

>They charge money for antiscum protection.
Who would any be stupid enough to opt in for that when almost every bank provides that kind of protection?

>they got money
Stolen money.
You directly support criminals.

>You directly support criminals.

How can they be criminals if they aren't doing anything illegal?

Attached: 1515732879321.png (1280x720, 790K)

>pay less for same product that works perfectly on steam

no amount of moral grandstanding is gonna stop me using g2a, you can't guilt me into spending more money than I have to

At least the criminals don't jew me.

And Bayer once intentionally sold medications infested with HIV and spread AIDS across the globe, nike, addidas etc all use child labor in China, Coca-cola etc all do it. Holier than thou approach doesn't work unless you live alone in the forrest. But you probably use INTEL chipset and guess what type of labour they use for shit ton of simple work.

>Keys have to be legit to be distributed
>Legit keys get distributes
This form of circular logic is why i don't really care. If they don't want stolen keys in the wild, you disable them.
Nothing more, nothing less.

Nice service you got there:
> Mar 28, 2019

> DO NOT do business with them if you…

> DO NOT do business with them if you don't like getting ROBBED.1 star is too many for this website. I purchased an account and waited for the seller to send me the information. Sent me the information and it was wrong information. Seller said I was typing it in wrong. I tried it around 50 different times with even different variations in case of mistype on the sellers end. Would not allow me into the account. Told G2G that I could not access the account and wanted my money back. The website shows I was refunded but I never got my money back. Emailed them over 2 months ago and have probably emailed them 20 times. Keep saying they are investigating the issue and sending my requests to the correct department.

Probably a retard who actually did something wrong, the only time I've ever had a problem was when I bought a game and received a key for a different one, I spoke to the seller, told him I wasn't interested in that one and he refunded me.

You should be using cdkeys instead.

>G2G
based retard forgot which website we were talking about

for you >what is money laundering
sure thing shill
>Right after making a order and paying for it with my paypal account they claimed that they had not received any payment. I thought this would be a minor mistake and so I created a ticket and sent proof of payment, they rejected it. As far as I'm concerned they're a bunch of crooks, stay far away and never do business with them EVER. I'm now fighting to get my money back with PayPal as they don't care about money that they apparently never recieved.
Non-arguments.

How are they non-arguments? This is like arguing with my cousin who has a down syndrom but less entertaining.

Post a sceenshot of your steam/GOG library

>based in dubaï

Totally legit

Attached: 11362208-diversity-concept-with-young-arab.jpg (861x1300, 131K)

Why pay money for stolen goods, just steal it yourself.

Cheap keys are for multiplayer or wanting updates easily.
Piracy is for everything else.

Pirates are more morally correct than you faggot

Saved me 10 bucks the other day. Globalism is not just getting stabbed by Achmed but also buying games from Hong Kong :^)

>seething ubisoft employee

Why support developers when I can support myself?

Nothing I said was wrong, you are a faggot for paying for something you can pirate

>pirating multiplayer games
ok retard

>Most key resellers are criminals who obtain the keys by removing them from physical media, console bundles and retailer databases. The others are from low exchange rate countries.
It's the other way around you fucking dipshit. If you buy a key from a bobby1997 with 7 confirmed transaction don't be surprised it get deactivated in a month because he most likely use a stolen CC for it. If you buy from high volume sellers, you're gonna get a polish/russian key and there's 0 chances you're getting a deactivated one. Some people report duds but it's just human errors. I mean look at ebay, you don't see any sellers boasting 100% positive reviews but it's all 90-95%.
That's why Steam as a steam dev you can generate keys for those so called ILLEGAL grey markets? There's like half a dozen sites supported already and you fucking know that people are using it.

imagine buying games.

Attached: 1529663193423.png (633x874, 64K)

Its not illegal, resellers just buy the game in bulk and sell it for lower because of pricing in different countries.

Attached: all dem keys.jpg (960x638, 103K)

because I can get away with it. Why would I spend forty dollars on a game when I can find it for a tenner?

>corps are allowed to fuck over their consumers any way they want by shoving in microtransactions and cut out half the game to sell as DLC
>be surprised people get tired of this shit and buy games for cheap or pirate them
Guess how I can smell you're a corporate jew mutt.

Attached: eternal mutt.jpg (777x777, 94K)

>still no response
>it's literally one user who bought Gone Home and Fallout 76 and now he thinks he is adult and holier than everyone

>have a spare key that I bought
>sell it on G2A for a few bux
>STOP RIGHT THERE CRIMINAL SCUM!
sorry OP the diagnosis is you're literally retarded

So what's the verdict on CDkeys? I've used g2a and CDkeys over the years but still want to know if it has potentially stolen keys too or its just them cross-region buying/selling. Modern g2a is useless anyway, it's almost always cheaper on CDkeys.

Shit ton of it is stolen but some of it is just cheap cdkeys from some poor countries.

Who cares? As long as it works and they've always worked for me.

Honestly if I get one key revoked on Steam I still saved more money in the long run when some new games are over $20 off.

Steam's systems can't trace where you get your key from.
As long as it's legit it'll unlock the game. Steam doesn't care.
and fuck you janny

You'd save more money pirating SP games.

I don't buy stolen goods or steal them myself. I pirate the goods.

>You wouldn't buy stolen goods in the real world

I probably would if I was unlikely to be caught/punished and the goods didn't feel like they were causing immense suffering to the owner by being missing.

If someone stole a bunch of shit from the back of a truck and sold it at a hefty discount, yeah I would. It's not like the company is going to put that much effort to trace it back to me and even if they did, I couldn't be charged as they can't prove that I knew it was stolen.

You can't even get prosecuted for stealing shit until it goes over a certain value (~350$ where I live) anyway.

No wonder you have a nigger problem.

That seems easy to abuse, why doesn't everyone shoplift if it's not punishable?

Because if you get caught you have to return what you stole. And evry country has that, you can't sue someone because they stole your cigarette in any country, it's not a matter of public interest.

>tfw forgot login credentials and can't remember if I deleted my card information/paypal or whatever I had set up on the account before I stopped using it
One of these days I'm gonna get my card denied while buying groceries to find out some faggot hacked G2A and spent all my money, shit it probably doesn't even need to be hacked it could be G2A themselves.

It's so obvious they're using bundled codes. Jak & Daxter was taken from new copies of Uncharted, Assassin's Creed Xbox versions taken from previous console bundles.

No one actually uses g2a anymore right? They don't have best prices and they are supper jewish with their g2a shield.

I only use paypal on these kind of sites. Only credit cards on big household retailers like Amazon. Just remember to have two factor authentication on PayPal.

it's only a crime if you know it's actually stolen

Their prices are sometimes higher than Steam, definitely higher than GMG. Why anyone still uses them is beyond me.

How can crimes be real if software isn't real ?

I only have good things to say about key resellers. Used them for years, no issues at all.

How can you be real if I'm just watching a movie?

The best part is that because of how contracts work, him backing out of the deal still meant he had to pay them, so he basically gave them free money.

Maybe I am just AI