Grim Dawn

I heard this game has necromancers now. Is a skelimaster build any good?

Attached: 18eda5bccfb1095c66c64d0fdafef3983355ec5e.jpg (616x353, 40K)

Other urls found in this thread:

grimtools.com/calc/aZqJD6mN
grimtools.com/calc/w26Wx5KV
grimtools.com/db/items/9403
grimtools.com/db/items/8537
grimtools.com/db/items/8653
grimtools.com/calc/q2mdnGlN
grimtools.com/db/itemsets/155
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I haven't used skelemancer recently, but I know that you can faceroll with birbs.

>now
more like 2 fucking years ago

not anymore. it was patched a week or so ago. now they're just good rather than empyrions gift to cairn

Well I haven't touched it since early access so that's recent for me.

Literally why would anyone bother with SR?
I wasted 1.5 hours getting to shard 25 and what do I get for that? 1 (one) shitty lego. I could've done about 15 SoT runs in that time.
Does the loot only get better at SR75+?
Not to mention this shit has happened twice in a row.

Attached: 6575675675.jpg (1920x1080, 1.46M)

Who's the nameless baby one of the Dreeg guys was talking about?

I was very underwhelmed when i beat this game at level 43 or something. I thought the game would be up to lvl 60 at least. I felt empty by the end of it. There was only a few bosses. What gives bros?

I genuinely believe you can make any build in this game work. Some are just better than others.

Depending on your definition of "work"
For clearing ultimate? Absolutely.
Crucible, super bosses and SR? Absolutely not.

HEDHUNDER :DDDDD

Attached: OMG HEADHUNTER.png (144x105, 28K)

CLIP IT

I'm kind of wondering if I should grab Oleron devo over the sand thing. Problem is I'm a brainlet when it comes to this system so I'm not quite sure to swap them without losing Kraken and without fucking over my defensive devo choices like eel and the obelisk/tower and getting enough points to tag Oleron
grimtools.com/calc/aZqJD6mN

You get better loot at 75+ than 170 Crucible.

More like Grim YAWN LMAO

grimtools.com/calc/w26Wx5KV
Something like this? I don't know what you're trying to do though.

So basically you need a warlord.

Or breeze through it with three other people. There has to be an autistic min-maxed build for SR by now.

Yeas and it's a warlord.

I see several SR75 builds in the compendium. Not that many compared to Crucible 170 though.

Pure 2h phys EoR, hence taking Kraken
Thanks for the help though, my brain just kinda shuts off trying to figure out how to get to certain constellations

I've been running a summoner necro/occultist. Havent leveled to mich yet, but so far at level 30 I have 5 skeletons, a crow familiar, a rift hound, and a tanky zombie. I'm not sure, but I think the skeletons are capped at 5. Its fairly effective though. Just summon your small army, pop your heal after it is finished charging, and keep spamming those skeletons.

tl;dr ya it's pretty good.

>his build isn't good enough to farm 75-76

Necro Skellies are capped at 8. Which doesn't include those temporary ones from the devotion that summons on kill.

>implying I'm going to waste 4 hours getting to 75

Which is the better pick for a necro oriented pet build, Cabalist or Ritualist? I have gear for both in my stash

Attached: 1503864098768.jpg (269x306, 17K)

You do know that you can craft tokens to start at 65, 70, or 75 right?

Yes, but you still need to get there the first time and most builds now rely on the newest sets that you most likely don't have yet.

I just join SR70 servers to unlock them and finish the SR quests.

>and most builds now rely on the newest sets
Well i mean octavius warlord, stoneguard retaliation warlord both use older sets.
But
>warlord

Cabalist, no doubt. Any pet build needs to have occultist in it one way or another

I'm so fucking tempted to use this save editor to change my class....

I suppose that building around this thing I have gathering dust wouldn't be too bad of an idea then?
grimtools.com/db/items/9403

Attached: 1408843345368.jpg (1424x842, 107K)

Give me one good reason why I shouldn't change my Necro/Occultist to Necro/Arcanist

Man this game needs some sort of seasonal structure.

Explain supercharging skills.
I heard you get some extra effect at rank 26 of a skill or something like that.

It's an okay item, I guess, but you would get much more out of these two:
grimtools.com/db/items/8537
grimtools.com/db/items/8653

>I heard this game has necromancers now. Is a skelimaster build any good?
It's had necromancers for a long time. And yes, pet builds are among the strongest builds in the game. They're also really easy to level, since skellies start with pretty high flat damage so they shred early game content.

>Which doesn't include those temporary ones from the devotion that summons on kill.
Those devotion summons are kinda crappy, since they scale with player bonuses, not pet bonuses. If getting the maximum amount of skellies is your main goal then it's a good devotion, but on the average pet build (where pet bonuses will obviously be your focus) they just don't measure up to your own properly boosted pets.

Okay how do I farm celestial lotus? I got a shitton of 94 legendaries and want to complete a set, any fucking set, I'll make an acid paladin if I have to, I just want a full set. I'm too goddamn squishy for higher tier stuff in ultimate and need more power.

High level shards give really good loot, but right now it's not really worth it becaus of how very few builds can actually farm high enough levels reliably to make it worth the effort.

>spend months hyped for the new chaos set to put on my main guy
>turns out it's shit

Attached: 1391704019009.gif (245x263, 2.75M)

beat port valbury

Might not be the fastest method, but Nemesis Bosses have a 9.75% chance to drop them. Iron Maiden and Zantarin are the easiest to find, but require quite a bit of reputation grinding. Next best option is probably Fabius.

>new oc build is playing like trash
>finally hit level 94 to equip endgame gear
>everything liquefies in his presence
He's still a little squishy but it's a relief I didn't waste my time on a garbage character.

Attached: 1548734087292.gif (355x225, 1.5M)

I've had this game since early access but never bothered going beyond Veteran. Since FG is going to be the final expansion I decided to do a full Veteran->Elite->Ultimate playthrough of the game and both expansions. Currently running through Elite for the first time and I've just maxed out my devotions.

This is my character at the moment: grimtools.com/calc/q2mdnGlN

Can anyone give me some tips on optimizing my devotion setup? I'm mostly using Vitality damage, so I tried to pick up devotions which boost that. I was going to max Typhos, but I ran out of points to spend. Advice on building the rest of my character and what gear to look out for are welcome too (I know my resists suck), but for now I'm mostly interested in optimizing my devotions.

Attached: Untitled.png (667x773, 1.13M)

Can you actually get this armor set or is it another case like AoM's loading screen being a tease

Attached: 1554747208964.jpg (1024x646, 371K)

>Can you actually get this armor set
no, just like you can't look like byscilla

This is going to hurt. I keep encountering that big ass murderbeast kupacabra accidentaly, might as well make use of it. Thanks user.

>Final expansion
And the game just now got a hold on me after what, 5 years? I still don't have idea what is going on most of the time with the fuckton of factions fighting each other

I believe it's the Baldir's Regalia set, except it doesn't have the open chest.

>Explain supercharging skills.
equip gear that gives x to example blade spirit until you get 26/16 blade spirit. Summon blade spirits, re-equip your regular gear. Blade spirits will still be 26/16 blade spirits rather than 14/16 or whatever. Works for pets and their abilities too

Can we all agree that FG turned out to be pretty fucking terrible?

grimtools.com/db/itemsets/155
But like says, it's not bare chested. Even if it were, all characters wear undershirts by default

I enjoyed the new areas and the whole witch gods quest. But everything else was really underwhelming. Especially SR. And warlord just made all my other builds look like fucking shit in comparison. I have thosands of hours in vanilla grim dawn + AoM. 100 hours into FG and i'm already bored

I like it a lot. The only problem is that it's too short.

I really like the desert part of the new area. Reminds me of TQ Egypt, they even have the same enemies more or less.
The movement skills are ok at best, too bad they are the same 3 skills with different damage type AND you need to farm for them.
SR is garbage that only rewards very few builds.
I hate how one class is now the best for everything and you can't help but feel like you're wasting your time playing anything else.

I think you're overvaluing Oathkeeper/Warlord builds. Yeah right now Warlord is OP as fuck, but that doesn't make other builds worse especially if you aren't interested in playing some brainless unga bunga build.

>got soldier's charge
>can't decide if I should swap it out for a shadowstep rune augment or keep it and a war jump

Attached: 1461477479568.gif (480x270, 430K)

>Yeah right now Warlord is OP as fuck, but that doesn't make other builds worse
No, but it does make them look like shit in comparison. If i never actually play my ret warlord which i theorycrafted a month before FG, then i might not have given a shit. But now that i've actually played most content with it, all other builds just don't feel up to par, despite them still being great.

SoT or Grove?

Is this game easy to pirate?

If you can't have fun without playing the most OP build possible, then that sounds like a problem on your end.

Well yeah no fucking shit? I'm glad you're such a simpleton with low standards than can enjoy subpar builds

Grove is faster to get to, and it doesn't have nearly as many map changes that force you to reroute each run. But Gargabol is harder to facetank than Alkamos, and you always have the risked of getting bumrushed by the Deathstalker.

Where the fuck do I get those thingies that let you start on ultimate?

>not making your own builds and playing every character hardcore self-found
never gonna make it

>if you don't make your game braindead easy by intentionally using broken builds, you're a simpleton
Sad.

I use grim internals tp feature

Fug

I haven't tested it yet because it looks like the one GI feature that could ruin my game. I'll have to try it out then.

One of the merchants in FG area

It actually made motivated to grind because I don't have to run through those damn broken hills every time.

Is there any updated tools to edit my character and change a mastery?

I wish I would stop constantly getting the same 5 epics and legos. You'd think you'd see some variety seeing how there are so many items to get.

gdstash

Well?

fuck off

Yea but you can't use Grim Internals with a pirated version I wouldn't bother.
And the devs deserve the money you fuck.

Your supposed to replay it like 3 times at each difficulty before you can progress. That's what made me drop it.

Yes you can, with the gog version.

skellymancers are OP. occultist / necro or necro / elem or necro / demoli are all supergood.

Attached: grim yawn.jpg (2560x1440, 1.29M)

Grim Dawn? Yeah, nah, more like Grim Yawn.

With both expansions, you will probably end up around level 60 on finishing Veteran. Then it's on to Elite and Ultimate.

>skellymancers are OP
not anymore. Conjurers beat them in literally every scenario ever since flame torrent nerf

>playing fotm
>softcore
meh

Yes, pirate it and when ur neetass is able to save 10 euros by not consuming cheetos on an hourly basis, buy the game.

If you're not a brainlet elite takes a couple hours to go through, and if you're twinked normal also takes a couple hours. I never got the hate for this. Anyway in the new expansion you can buy something to unlock ultimate at the start.

Attached: please respond.jpg (222x222, 11K)

>equip gear that gives x to example blade spirit until you get 26/16 blade spirit. Summon blade spirits, re-equip your regular gear. Blade spirits will still be 26/16 blade spirits rather than 14/16 or whatever. Works for pets and their abilities too

This works well with active buffs and immortal pets, but for my cabalist i still have to keep skeletons at 26 since they die from time to time

I don't have time to reply a wall of text right now but a couple things.
You're using lightning damage in the shaman class and cold damage in your necro class as main skills but your exclusive skill gives your +vit damage. The Phys->Vit conversion of Harbringer of Souls won't even work with Bone Harvest since the transmuter Phys-> Cold is applied first. I'd probably ditch Bone Harvest and try Wendigo Totem if I was you.

Just switch gear mid combat, bro.

You're wrong on all counts.

Storm's Totem's Lightning damage gets entirely converted to Vitality damage by Corrupted Storm, so it doesn't use Lightning damagat all. Harvester of Death converts Physical to Cold, but Bone Harvest has no Physical damage. It also has no effect on the weapon damage component, since the weapon used dewals Vitality damage as well. That still leaves the flat amount of Cold damage that Bone Harvest does naturally, but it's using Vitality damage as its main source of damage by a wide margin.

Out of the skills used, the only odd one out is Ravenous Earth with its Poison damage.

I only have the base game. Are the expansions worth?

If you enjoy the base game, definitely.

Not that guy, but Ravenous Earth can always be kept around as an one pointer to proc devotions, and any points beyond 1 relocated to more useful stuff. Haven't checked the grimtools so I'm assuming

He's got it maxed. It's got Will of Rattosh on it which is a good idea, but like you say it would probably be better to leave it at one point just to proc Will of Rattosh and put the rest of the points into Wendigo Totem, or even better Devouring Swarm for RR.

>finally meet Oroboruuk after hearing so much about him
>he is just a dying pushover with like 5 lines of dialogue

wew

Attached: 3541233.jpg (1280x720, 54K)

Any way to make the movespeed considerably higher by default?
All this walking is making me asleep.

People will tell you there are necromancers but they don't really get into the different kinds.

There is Physical/Vitality skelly build
There is rainbow skelly build
There is also fire/chaos skelly build
There is also a physical/bleed skelly build

The game is very flexible with build choices making it more interesting to tweak builds to do different damage types or use different procs etc.

Yeah that was anticlimactic as fuck.

>one of the most badass living humans in the setting
>gets wrecked off-screen by a literally who and then kills himself to open a door for you

Just sat down to have a look, 100% agreed with this

>play diablo or torchlight
>has auto attack feature to not ruin your mouse
>play grim dawn
>dude just click every single every time you want to attack lmao

Attached: 125101524638.jpg (750x728, 270K)

Nice pro tip

This is plain and simply false

Cabalist is easiest but there is a physical/bleed oriented Skelly build that goes Ritualist and stacks bleeds

Doing rainbow necro atm myself. The best thing about it is that there is no boss/nemesis that i wont deal damage to

Gayskelly party is really fun. I'm doing the Fire/Chaos skelly proc build and everything melts.

I sed to have a Fire-based necro and there was nothing I couldn't damage either, thanks to the magic of resistance reduction.

Is this game better than Diablo 3?

Diablo 3 is more of an arcade game. This is more of a traditional action rpg.

This game is what Diablo 3 should have been in a sense. Suffers from the same bullshit old TQ did tho

Mostly. It will never be as smooth and polished but with this genre that isn't a big deal in desu

Which is to say, the map is static and the speed is slow

Better in some ways, worse in others.

Diablo 3 is more polished and accessible, Grim Dawn is deeper and has better build variation. If you're looking for something you can just pick up and have fun with right away Diablo 3 might be better for you, especially if you're new to the genre. But otherwise, I prefer Grim Dawn.

Pretty much

>literally just assuming i play sc
>fotm
go away sub 300 hour shitter. You don't know shit about the game.

I'm explaining how it works you fucking retard. Don't fucking reply to me with your retarded skeleton shit build faggot

Based shitposter putting skelemancers where they belong

Attached: 1500896936380.gif (720x404, 3.83M)

>go away sub 300 hour shitter. You don't know shit about the game.

get over yourself, it's a fucking videogame

Why is everyone so hostile? I thought we all liked grim dawn around here

I tried getting into this and now I regret it immensely. What a shitty game. Hate especially the way quests work. You don't have an objective marker, it's just "look up the entire fucking area"

It's Yea Forums. There's always some autist getting mad over dumb shit.

>You don't have an objective marker
Can you retards at least shitpost by pointing at the legit flaws the game has? That's not true

Hes in every GD thread. Probably starts them. You can tell its him as soon as you see "sub 300 hour" posted anywhere in the thread. Its a mantra.

This is just another reddit website where people are territorial and need to justify their opinions. moot left for a reason.