Sekiro Help Thread

I can't be the only slowfag.

Attached: 007iocwWly1g1mtaa5nwej31jk0th7wh.jpg (1024x543, 263K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_4ZyvuuddVC_MXLGfBJlMMxDfnCX2T27
youtu.be/sD__8ZwoKQ0
youtube.com/watch?v=AmJc6RG1tRc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

How did people figure out the invisible monkey without a guide? It's fucking impossible. Spent 1.5 hours before giving up and just looking it up.

I killed it accidentally when the shadow monkeys attacked me.

Attached: 1524459696311.webm (274x468, 207K)

i killed him first try
i just chased and killed every monkey i saw, wierd boss fight

WHERES THE DLC FROM?

Attached: wew3.png (960x235, 74K)

You baitin?
>hear steps behind you all the time
>see footsteps behind you from time to time
>turn back and swing a couple of times
>?????
>PROFIT

I remember finding a small deep pond at a dead end, but now I've forgotten where it was. I want to go back now I've found the swimming ability.

Any ideas?

Attached: 1437951520955.gif (330x300, 953K)

It's one of the checkpoints by gunfort (the one with all the icy crags). You just go backwards and climb up some icy cliffs.

Sunken Valley, grapple to where the two gunners are then shimmy across the wall. Don't bother going in the pool, it's shit and you'll find out why.

>see random footprints a minute after I killed every other money
>swing at where the footprints ended
>dead monkey
???

I found the invisible monkey because I heard it, that and the health bar still being 1/4 full and the blank panel kinda gave it away.

I completely missed the NPC who explains the monkeys the first time though. I just chased them all down in the same way.

Thanks, got it.
Yeah I was expecting more desu.

What events need to happen for the castle to be closed off and Owl to appear?

>Kill all 3
>Huh I wonder why it isn't over
>Look around area
>Notice some footprints and follow them
>Huh? They stop here?
>Some more continue to form
>Swing
>Dead monkey

I can't believe I was the 4th monkey this whole time. Absolutely Sekino

I bet that baby-faced freak plows her everytime.

He walks right up to you and makes noises while sniffing your ass. He also has glow in the dark foot prints

I gave up on Isshin first playthrough now I just beat the Corrupted Monk again all I can say is the game is a lot easier if you really explore, the whole Ashina arts skill tree makes a huge difference and now I unlocked another skill tree (Mushin arts) through the rats hunting side quest. Also getting all the prayer beads makes a huge difference first try I got to Isshin at 15 VIT and 10 ATT and now I'm already at 15 VIT and I haven't even unlocked the final area.

Still probably going to go for the Shura ending for now.

I think you have to get the flower, kidney stone, and mortal blade.

Footprints

snap seeds skips the entire fight.

took me 41 hours to finish the game, did the dragon's return ending without looking up things. Missed like 6 beads.
I don't understand how some can finish it in 12 hours

Attached: huh.png (898x403, 345K)

Attached: 1487544469743.png (943x639, 548K)

i bet you feel retarded now.

How far from the end am I? I've killed Guardian Ape v1 and v2, and I currently removed the fog from that creepy area and approached some zombie village.

there are 4 spaces for monkey paintings at the start

also you can hear him, that's how i found him

12 hours is running through the levels and ignoring enemies

You're about 60% in.

I'm also going through pretty slow because I have to work. Having a good time though. Demon of Hatred is up next I guess.

I turned the camera to look around and saw his footprints following me and started swinging.

The village is short, maybe one hour with 2 minibosses and 1 main boss but only one health bar. You then will get a major story event and can decide to end it or play on and get a whole new massive area

I heard it near me, R1. Done.

literally first one i killed
>I hear someone behind me
>but no one is there
>uh oh well
>keep walking
>keep hearing it
>swing a bit

Okay I'm pissed.

I just jumped on snek, and then it puts you over to a cliff area.
I put one foot on the broken bridge, and Sekiro fell through the solid wood and into the water.
I have no idea how to get back to that cliff area. There was an item and a tunnel on it too.

Attached: 1401397405123.jpg (349x344, 22K)

Ok thanks!

Oh. Will it be a clear cut decision so I don't fuck up and end the game prematurely? I want to reach that area I've seen pictures of with lots of water everywhere. it looks beautiful.

It's just some shitty items don't worry about it. IIRC one bundled jizo and some other worthless prosthetic upgrade that can be farmed from mobs.

You will get there anyway.

I'm only the final boss. I definitely think I'm going to get a bad ending. If I didn't beat that stupid dragon on my first try I might've been able to at least give those two snake hearts to the little girl or give the rice to Kuro.

How do I beat Old Man Isshin? I get to the second phase, then he tears me apart every time.

Attached: Isshin Ashina.jpg (1212x682, 73K)

You wouldn't even fight the dragon if you were gonna get the bad ending.

You can interrupt his One Mind with a charged shuriken. Just backstep/jump out of the fire bullshit. It's just phase 1 isshin with fire bullshit.

No but you want to stick with Kuro if you want to get the better endings

I stabbed a big snake in da eye and it kept hitting me, then left to kill a horseman boss and the snake is gone. Is that it or do I get to face it later?

There are plenty more encounters with snek.

I wonder why that's one of the few ledges in the game that you don't stick to. In most cases you have to jump to get down from anything.

I'm at Shinobi Owl , feels like i can't deflect shit because he isnt affected by it. Any ideas how to defeat him ?

be aggressive, parry, and punish his openings

>feel like I'm complete shit at the game
>beat Lady Butterfly on my 3rd try

Feels good, man.

>chasing monkis
>they flee everytime
>constantly hearing footsteps behind my back
>turn 180 degree
>swing sword furiously
>monki ded
mfw when i realised blank palanquin was for invisible monki

Attached: pika.png (469x343, 88K)

I got through everything with 2 tries or less up until the Owl. Motherfucker destroyed my anus harder than my uncle did when I was a kid.

>palanquin
blank folding screen i mean

Is there a third monkey booze for Emma?

Attached: 1503113230933.png (1920x1080, 2.85M)

>NG+ without Kuro's charm
>enemy spams attacks
>I parry them
>health bar full, posture bar 80% filled
I thought parrying didn't fill your posture bar. If I mistimes and just blocked, I would've taken damage from that.

Fuck it, I give up. I’ve been trying to find the paths to this shit and I can’t find it.

First, how do I get to the item on the buddha statue’s head at the poison pool? Second. How do I find Fountain Head’s bull? I was surprised that I was already at the divine dragon without ever finding a way for those.

As long as you're deflecting attacks and forcing him to block yours you're building up posture damage. General rule of thumb is to make sure you've blocked his entire combo before attacking. Keep attacking until you see a big burst of sparks which means you just got deflected and your enemy will go on the offensive. With Owl you just have to be aware when he's winding up to use one of his tools against you.

For this post

You can grapple to this place after Shirahagi.

You can grapple on the roof at the idol before the bridge that the carp smashes.

>Walking across roof
>Very obviously walk into something invisible and slide past it
>Walk back to verify
>Absolutely something invisible sitting on the roof
>Whack it
>Ded

By accident. I got frustrated and went back to look at the screens for clues or something. I was about to stab the monk thinking the last one’s gimmick was disguise or something. Then I bumped into something.

In my defense it was late, I was tired and my brain was running on fumes. I saw the footprints but I thought they were from other monkeys.

parry one mind, dodge ichimoji fire slash then punish him.
His second phase is more predicable than first phase.

>Genichiro jumps in the air to shoot arrows
>hit him with a shuriken
>ignores it and shoots me dead
t-thanks

How do i get better at parrying?
I just panic and mash the button

Attached: sweat.jpg (720x720, 103K)

I was just about to say the same thing about Owl.

It makes the noise, but it doesn't seem to do anything.

Attached: 1504114636824.png (415x317, 67K)

Just got my ass whipped by SSI, hopefully I can down him later tonight.

thanks

If you're having trouble maintaining your healing resources before you get to SS Isshin's 3rd/4th stage, I have two words for you - High Monk.

It is fucking ridiculous and makes quick work of genichiro and the first stage of Isshin. Wait until the perilous sweep attack (for Genichiro he will do this after a jump attack or when he runs around you first, for Isshin he uses right after he does the ashina cross). High monk will launch you into the air to avoid the sweep attack and you bring your leg crashing down on them taking off almost 25% of their posture in one move.

As for his 3rd/4th stage... you'll have to figure that shit out for yourself. No amount of tips will help you.

Attached: h7qco8p5bmp21.jpg (1080x1528, 433K)

Ng+ with the bell and no kudos charm is hard af. I’ve done 3 ng runs Including my first playthrough and the later 2 I beat in 8 hours each. Feel like I can beat every boss pretty easily but now genichiro is smacking my shit

Sucking his dick daily became a ritual of mine. I would load the gamesuck his dick for an hour or two and then ragequit.
Today I've finally beat him after like 8 hours combined. Still think it's the best fight in the game and it was really fun.

Attached: 1295681472221.png (600x600, 168K)

How do I get up there? This is the cave with the second headless ape fight

Attached: 1539003626454.png (1920x1080, 2M)

Just before the pit to Ape V2 there's a grapple point to the left. There's a point where you have to crouch. Don't go all the way through, there's a path in the middle that opens up to a wall-jump point to get to the prayer bead.

See but go all the way through the area where you have to crouch. It's monkey booze.

>How do I find Fountain Head’s bull?
First get to the idol after the courtyard next to the bridge then turn around and go to the right.
Recommend that you grapple to the roof first and figure out a way to the bull to stealth deathblow it, takes off half its health (it only has 1 health bar).

Yeah just found it after posting, domo

Attached: 1535484584770.png (1920x1080, 1.36M)

All paths have funnelled into fighting Owl on top of the castle.

How far am I?

Attached: 1504382447259.png (498x492, 437K)

How did you beat him?

Attached: maxresdefault(1).jpg (1280x720, 74K)

Depends on which ending you're going for. End-game for Shura ending, or 1 more area for the other 2 endings, or 1 more area and a repeat of half a zone for the fourth ending.

lots of cheese

I fucked up and threw firecrackers in his face by accident.

Thanks amigo.

>got Ishin to final phase with bell on 3rd attempt
>die on 2nd phase for 30mins straight after
WHY God fuck this guy.

What was the deal with that fight anyway? Why does the hall of illusions exist? If the priestess in the inner sanctum was chill with the monkeys, why is she ok with helping after we kill them?

What are some good prosthetic upgrades?

Tbh, I barely use prosthetics as it is, because I just simply don't know what is good against certain enemies other than the obvious ones like axe for shields and firecracker on beasts.

who is we?

Monkeys are her dead friends trying to protect her.
>why is she ok with helping after we kill them?
They already dead.

Can you ignore the stealth elements and just kill things? The stealth looks pretty shit imo but the rest of the game looks good

Sure, but you are gonna get buttfucked by some minibosses like the drunkard as he has a lot of adds you want to kill off before engaging

>be sekiro nigga
>giant gorilla
>kill it in 3 tries
>that wasn't that hard.jpg
>no heals left tho
>try to leave
>can't, turn around
>this mfer chasing me headless
What do i do bros? This shit is hard

Return ending worth it? I kinda want to see what it is but I really really really don't want to fight Magnum Saint on NG++

Oil + Fire is a reliable way to chip health if you're not getting posture damage to stick.
Umbrella is all-around great: negates fire/terror, posture-free parry with a large window, free confetti with upgrades.
Shiruken lets you safely clear weak enemies without breaking stealth.
Sabimaru whallops the Snake-eye bosses.
Cracker is great against beasts as you mentioned, and also forces openings for human enemies.

My default two are Shiruken and Umbrella, changing up the third to match what I'm facing.

All the umbrella upgrades are good, the fire prosthetic gets a range boost, the lazulite final upgrades for shuriken and axe are good too.

They're just not as good as having proper timing on bosses though.

Deflect and use spear. Or run around, wait for him to slide and swipe, jump and punish hard.

Phase two is deceptively easy. Unlike phase one with several unblockable attacks, the only unblockable thing in phase two is the scream.

Parry the fuck out of that bitch, and run(!) away when the scream windup starts. When you parry the overhead chop (big windup) and ape falls down, double-tap the spear to do loads of posture damage.

If your posture is filling up too fast, remember to hold block to drain it, or throw out an Ichimonji after ape finishes an attack sequence.

get the umbrella bro

Tips on the ghost girl in Mibi village?

She's not actually that hard, but she has one combo which completely wrecks my posture and then she perilous attacks for like 90% health

>go to the waterfall room
>read the text
>some riddle about the invisible monkey
>see footprints
I thought he was staying in the room, and the rest of the apes were doing the same.

>just figured out how to be more aggressive and how effective it is
>kill Lone Shadow longswordsman using the sweep counter I just practiced on undying training guy
Feels like I'm slowly getting better at the game. Minibosses no longer feel like impossible ordeals.

I think it's just that it's impossible to be posture broken if you do a perfect parry. Parrying just fills your posture bar less than if you blocked.

Parrying and jumping over her sweep is pretty easy as far as the game goes, might want to practice for the later bosses. She can also be backstabbed by running away, since she'll turn around and walk back to her spot, if you want to start with the advantage.

firecracker spinned on accident

The only perilous attacks she throws are sweeps, which means you should instantly jump when you see that kanji, no need to read if it's a grab or thrust. Her attacks have a fairly regular pattern of 1-2-123 which you can parry through. If you start seizing up, hold block and watch out for the sweep while you compose yourself.

I am parrying her, the problem is that she does this combo which fills and destroys my posture bar complete, and then I'm open for some perilous attack she does when she seems to grab me.

I only need 1 more prayer bead to increase my health and posture though, maybe I should look it up if I missed one. I'm currently 14 vit 7 AP

the two big lessons I learned were to stay in the enemy's face, and to only attack until they deflect you (it makes the same sound + yellow sparks as when you deflect) and then you can immediately parry their follow up attack. Most enemies will deflect you after 2-3 hits, then you deflect their combo, then repeat.

NOOOOO SUCKIRO YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO BE JUST LIKE A PUPPY
YOU'RE STILL A PUPPY NOOOOOOO I WAS SUPPOSED TO KILL YOU EASY

Attached: suckiro.jpg (2048x1224, 379K)

I watched someone else's gameplay. I'm sorry, user.

>Most enemies will deflect you after 2-3 hits
Yeah I was under the assumption that any wrong move equals losing half your health, so I was way too hesitant when fighting. Once I realized enemies tend to go straight to blocking rather than hyper-armor through their attack the game got a lot easier.

Bumped into it when I turned around at the very start.

I'm curious. How many bosses can you actually anti-air deatblow?

You might be missing some, pretty sure I had 15 vit at 7 AP. Either way, you shouldn't be having your posture broken if you're parrying attacks, you're posture will only break if you miss a deflect and block instead.

Hey so I gave kotaro and red and white pinwheel and told him to head to the peddler. Thing is, I was under the impression he won't move on his own and I have to spirit him away, which I did. Hes now in the monkey area, did I fuck up?

3 I think

Shichimen warrior #1
Shichimen warrior #2
and
Shichimen warrior #3

Depends on which route you want his questline go. If you actually want him to go to the peddler, then you're fucked.

That's real lame.

>hesitation is defeat

What does that even mean? Aren't you supposed to be patient and parry, not being impatient and attacking constantly

Attached: 1463273155657.png (1280x720, 1.25M)

Use dodge instead.

>feels like i can't deflect shit because he isnt affected by it
Go for hp dmg like a normal person instead of relying on parrying crutch all the time?

Fuck, user

It would be turbo retarded if you could use it on normal bosses since like half of them jump at some point

Have you ever waited a few seconds for the enemy to attack you when you could've applied pressure on them instead?

Can someone please explain to me how lightning reversal actually fucking works?

>Fighting the dude with the bow (Genchinro?)
>Get him down to his second phase where he strips his armour
>The game literally tells me to press RB while jumping a lightning attack to reverse it
>It never fucking works

What am I doing wrong?

Hesitation only gives the enemy options.

Get struck by lightning on purpose while in the air, press R1

I think you have to block while in the air dude. Which means you need the skill for it if you don't have it already.

No, you are supposed to pressure him so he doesn't use his crazy 'fuck you' moves.

When he shoot the lighting arrow, you jump and hit RB. Make sure the lightning hits you.

No, you don't need to block. Just let it hit you. You won't take damage if you're in the air.

How do I even know if I'm deflecting or blocking?

Anyways, I got her now after upgrading my hp and posture once.

You don't jump and RB1 at the same time, you jump, then RB1 before you land.

Jump
Get hit by lightning in the air (Sekiro will do animation of sword hitting it)
As you fall down press R1

Just beat it yesterday. Isshin was tough but nowhere near what I'd call impossible. I'm convinced you all have brain damage and are incapable of remembering enemy movesets.

>How do I even know if I'm deflecting or blocking?
From the sound and sometimes from the enemy's reaction.

Do this except also block when you jump.

No, user, no blocking needed.

>tfw no mortal blade duel cutscene at the end

Blocking is not needed.

>make sure the lightning hits you

How the fuck am I supposed to do that? If I let it hit me I won't be in the air, therefore wont be able to do the reversal. You're gonna have to explain this better, user...

If you have the jump kick or high monk you can cheese her by staying at long range and when she charges you use jump kick which evades her attack and gets you a guaranteed hit. You can can also use a little exploit to get a deathblow when triggering the fight

Don't listen to these guys, they're either trying to sabotage you or they didn't play the game. There's literally no downside to blocking.

if you've ever played metal gear rising the stealth is kinda like that

it's totally shit but it's there just to make some fights easier. you can totally just run in and manfight everything, but some encounters are designed for you to pick off one or two key enemies so you're not getting assraped

You can tell if you deflect or block by the sound and animation that plays. Try against some random dudes and you might notice the sound difference, then it should be something you never not notice.

yeah but there's also literally no point to blocking when he's doing a lightning reversal

it'll hit you no matter what since it's an unblockable and you just have to press R1 before you hit the ground

There is no point in blocking lightning.

It hits you in the air and you press R1. The fuck is so difficult about it?

Deflect = big orange flash and loud clang

>adding a newline after a >>#
Are you from reddit by chance?

I don't know what else to say. If you got hit by lighting in the air, you won't even stagger.
>he jumps and pulls bow > he shoots, you jump >you got hit by lightning >press RB to send it back to him
That's it. No need to block. Your brain won't handle it.

If you can't get it to work though, try blocking when you do it.

Attached: 1369596227295.jpg (640x480, 24K)

you have to let it hit you while you jump. you need to time it so you're high enough so you dont land before the animation finishes

>There's literally no downside to blocking

Most of the time you're right, but some attacks you straight up aren't able to block. If you try blocking a thrust or grab attack you're gonna have a large chunk of your health vanish in an instant.

gamefags

Literally unnecessary, but whatever blockfag.

I'm using a trainer to play this game :D

Talking about lightning reversals but ok.

I really wish 2nd Genichiro was a real multi phase fight instead of him just being there to be a pitiful grandchild.. Also 4 phases was really rough and I still felt salty even after I finally beat it.

a 2nd fully fleshed out genichiro fight would've been sick but it's pretty much just there for story purposes to show you how weak he is. also to further tilt people by dying to the pathetically weak phase

>Also 4 phases was really rough
Would one big hp bar be better then

JUMP
GET HIT IN AIR
PRESS ATTACK BUTTON BEFORE YOU LAND
IT'S NOT THAT HARD

>tfw rage quit at le monkey man because I used up all my estus during the fight, let go of my controller in relief after I saw the shinobi execution come up and while I was happy he got up, I panicked and then got destroyed and I know I'll never be able to get him to that stage with any estus

So came an end to my sekiro run, I've always had way more trouble with bigger enemies in from games than with human ones.

>block
>try to r1 after getting hit for the reversal
>end up doing a mid air combat art instead since you were just holding L1
>SHOCKED

You know what? You guys are fucking faggots. I've had so many conflicting answers to my original question I'm more confused now than I was 20 minutes ago.

I'm going on Youtube to find out how it's actually done.

not sure if retarded or just pretending everyones literally telling you the same thing except for the other retard who is telling you to block in midair for some stupid reason

1. enemy fucking jumps in the air and starts charging some lightning shit
2. jump in the air and GET HIT ON PURPOSE WHILE YOU'RE IN THE AIR
3. press R1 to reflect it back at them before you hit the ground

if you get hit and shocked by lightning you're either on the ground or hit the ground before you finished the reflection animation

Genichiro should have been a real 2 or 3 phase fight then the same Isshen fight with resting in between.

>estus
Now I know you don't know how to parry, user.

>getting toasty over and over from 2nd SSI
>start jobbing to genny
Closest the game had me to reeeeing.

I regularly play games like DMC and Bayo and I feel Sekiro is noticeably easier than the Souls games.

It's definitely hard, but not incredibly so. I recently beat Owl in like 10 tries, Guardian Ape and True Corrupted Monk took me like 3; and I got Headless Ape on the first try. I feel the game gets way easier once you just sort of stop giving a shit and go in balls deep, sure you'll probably die a few times, but most enemies have very clear tells, so it's better to just eat the loss so you can learn the boss's moves. You also shouldn't be afraid to use your prosthetic tools.

Attached: 1494789507572.png (438x500, 21K)

How long would you guys say Sekiro is on average, assuming that you beat every single boss on the first try?
Not taking about length as far as how long it takes to see everything in the game AND counting the time it takes to stop dying to each boss and finally beat them, but over all unique content time assuming you're not rushing it and exploring to find everything.
Also, how much more shit do I have left to see if I
>completed mibu village
>got up to and beat the centipede in senpou temple
>just found sunken valley
>just reached kuro for the first time after the fight with tomoe
am I more than halfway or do I still have more unique areas to find and go through? Just worried that it feels like I'm about to hit the ending and I'm loving this game so much.

I parried the shit out of the 3 big bosses so far, they've made parrying in this nothing compared to souls. What's wrong with calling a spade a spade? I call sen souls, my gourd estus. I don't see a problem with it.

Are you actually retarded? There are some things in Sekiro that occasionally don't make sense, or that are relatively hard to find on your own.
This isn't one of them you dumb fucking faggot, the game literally tells you what a lightning reversal is and how to pull it off so that you can deflect the lighting back onto the boss when he shoots it at you. It lays it out for you step by step in very clear terms and even explains when to use it.
Faggot

>can no damage fast kill phase 1 SS Isshin
>struggle to Owl 2
What a cunt.

Then you could've just parried the shit out of that headless ape.

Doesn't matter, m8. Found out how to do it properly now.

i remember i got to a point where i started getting hit by the mortal draw at the very beginning of the fight and i had to take a break

I Made a list of some bossfights and i love the lady butterfly fight

youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_4ZyvuuddVC_MXLGfBJlMMxDfnCX2T27

And how is that?

Right, but why ask people on Yea Forums how to do something the game explains very clearly, and then whine and complain that people are trolling you when they're telling you to do LITERALLY THE EXACT SAME THING THE GAME DOES.

but you can hear him

Roundabout 30 hours, but only if you take your time to explore for all items and sidequests. You've still got like 60% of game content left.

Jesus Christ user I hope to God this is bait

I was like you, but eventually I could kill his first phase with one or two heals.
Luckily his second stage is easier, you just have to be more careful about distance.

Oh fuck I wish I wouldn't have levelled the monk tree last. This stuff is actually pretty fun and on top of it all it has a passive ability for more money, now that I have literally no more use for money at all

How are you supposed to find the invisible monkey if you are deaf? Miyazaki is an ableist cishitlord

>Hear about Demon of Hatred
>Finally come across him
>Get my ass remodeled about 50 times during phase one
>Learning more and more but starting to feel bad
>Barely get his health bar halfway down
>Decide to switch tactics, before I was circling around him to dodge attacks because the parry timing for his moves never seemed quite right
>Now I parry everything he throws at me, die a few more times learning his shit
>Get the first healthbar down
>Second phase oh shit, time to die to all new attacks
>Manage to get second health bar down
>OH SHIT
>Remember the malcontent whistle
>Start abusing that shit
>Get his health to 25%
>Get his out of nowhere while trying to use pellets to recover because gourd is empty
>DEATH

I feel quite proud of myself for getting to the final phase and I feel like I learned a lot but I'm willing to accept any help or advice for this guy now. I took a break and I'm ready to go back to him refreshed but any tips to better parry or straight up dodge his attacks would be cool

Attached: sekiro-bosses-guide-demon-of-hatred-900x506.jpg (900x506, 78K)

Deflect can be called parry because thats literally what it is, but calling the gourd estus is just being a faggot.

Honestly, only one person in this whole thread explained it how it actually is, the rest of you are fucking idiots who can't articulate things correctly.

From the visual clues. You can actually run around and bump into an invisible wall where it stands.
Next you're gonna complain how blind people play this.

Is like a bloodborne boss. Just run and Dodge

>the rest of you are fucking idiots who can't articulate things correctly.
>the rest of you are fucking idiots
>fucking idiots
that's a tad bit ironic coming from someone who had to go online to be spoonfed an answer that the game already gave him, dontcha think user?

This would unironically be a valid point but the invisible monkey actually attacks you for like 1 damage very rarely

>Juzo the Drunkard didnt drop unrefined sake
Anyone know why is this happen?
Is it because i use NPC help?

Return ending, beat dragon, go back to kuro room, can't find the secret passage, am I the king of brainlets? Where I go?

Spent one week on isshin now
mikiris randomly fails at part 2
seriously fuck this game ant the tryhards who defend it

>Next you're gonna complain how blind people play this.
Duh, they use the audio cues
don't ask me how deaf blinds play this

Do you have the fire umbrella? It's literally designed for this one fight.

And he left glowing footprints. This guy's obviously retarded

The second and third stage are pretty easy

You're also playing normal mode and guarding.
Let's talk again on NG+ without Kuro's charm

>Binge Sekiro on my day off
>End up beating Father Owl and Demon of Hatred in one sitting
Today was a good fucking day

I was starting to panic a little but still had some snacks from based rice loli that saved my ass

How do I beat him

Attached: shinobi_hunter_enshin_of_misen_two_sekiro_wiki_guide.jpg (300x168, 11K)

Did anyone else complete their first playthrough barely using any prostethics? The only one I ever had equipped was the shuriken. Now that I'm checking vods on people beating bosses and spamming firecrackers on every boss to stunlock them I get a really abstract feel.

Youre a mega brainlet because emma tells you explicitly where to go.

New game + 2 without kuro charm is they real game

No, not really. Explain yourself better or don't explain yourself at all.

I'm done.

the window for mikiri is literally the entire dash animation which is like a second long. thrust attacks are free posture damage and double ichimonjis

Just follow what the wiki says.

Literally under the bridge, did your mother played the intro for you?

>Owl can Mikiri counter
I just came.

Attached: 1471818553055.jpg (1280x720, 109K)

I fucking love the poses he does

>Sen throw
What a fucking letdown. I thought you could throw a retarded amount of money for super damage FF style but instead the charged one throws maybe 5 more sen and ba rely does more damage. The biggest disappointment prosthetic wise.
It would actually have given money some use in late game or NG+

Attached: 1547122229738.jpg (417x749, 63K)

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
FUCK OWL 2

I'm at the end of the game and I just learned that I should have eavesdropped on kuro & emma to get access to another area, I'm a bit pissed desu.
Any proesthethics tools useufl against Ishinn? I'm starting to get short on ammo but I can manage to get him to phase 3 consistently at least

Is more easy than owl 1

How many sen do you have on you? Its power depends on it

Fucking not.
Fuck firecrackers and fuck his moveset.
SS Isshin literally way easier than him.

He can also perform deathblows on you too, shit's fucking amazing
Everything he has is just a sightly more exaggerated version of the shit Wolf himself can do. During phase 2 I caught him between attacks with an ichimonji, and instead he just poofed away with raven feathers. That, more than anything else, really drives hom the father figure aspect for Owl and Wolf

you can use the mist feather or shield to punish some of his slower attacks more effectively and the shuriken to close gaps as usual, but I don't think any prosthetics really help a huge amount

it's just sword on sword and spear and gun action

No?

I used the spear a whole bunch. Definitely the best prosthetic in the game.

>firecrackers
Just dodge left at the right time, easiest move to counter. Also Owl 1 has it too

20k. Doesn't really feel stronger than it did when I had way less

I did past midgame.
Before Jobichiro fight i abused hard firecrackers.

with firecrackers just dodge backwards and then close the gap with shurikens

if you wanna be a big dick madcunt you can dodge into him at a slight angle to go straight behind him

I've seen a webm of a dude with millions of sen doing fuck all damage.

Just beat the first boss in the castle (the boss version of the guys in the blue robes) and there's a couple NPCs standing on a roof outside. Seems like a pretty major thing, should I confront them or finish the other areas first?

>People say firecrackers are good
>They're actually shit

Is this a meme? It must be.

Brainlets.

Attached: kotaku.jpg (521x768, 81K)

>tfw about to face monkey trouble

god damn niggers have made this boss seem too hard so now I'm feeling anxious about it

>any help or advice
Stop circling and deflecting. Just get close to him and the only thing he can hit you with is a stomp.

Back to lazulite shuriken I guess, it's the last upgrade anyway

At close range it does hilariously high posture damage. I cannot stress how shit the range is tho

It's a major plot beat, but not so major you'll lose out on shit you haven't gotten yet

Mist raven is useful for the charges he does.

>free hit and stun on 99% of the enemies in game
Are you?

Attached: 1390824421029.jpg (720x720, 167K)

I sometimes used the firecrackers to get a few hits but it's not worth it I think. The thing that fuck me up the most is the attacks he does when he seathes his sword, I never manage to parry them and it destroys my posture and remove some of my health.
Fortunatly Genichiro is easy to beat, can't believe I used to have trouble against him

pretty much every boss gets staggered by them (obviously just don't throw it out willy nilly in the middle of an attack string but wait until they're not attacking) and lets you get free hits in

Is not that hard.
youtu.be/sD__8ZwoKQ0

Everyone told you exactly how to do it. You just have zero critical thinking skills and poor reading comprehension.

How? They're OP as fuck and interrupt nearly every single enemy, including bosses, for three or four hits.

Outsidr of doing more damage to the fat retards and the unique animation on the ape, why?

No, you don't have stamina so if you are waiting you should be pressing R1 instead. In general. In this particular case it's better to run away and bait his jump attack.

The game would be much easier if the camera stopped sperging out as much during fights.

Prove me wrong

Attached: 1531179332234.jpg (910x1024, 72K)

I dunno, I'm using the Spiral Spear and it's utterly OP. It's essentially a free hot on EVERYTHING since it penetrates blocking.

the timing is not too bad, it's basically a split second after the sword flashes in his sheath. if you're really struggling with that, just try using the mist feathers instead since the timing is much more lenient and you can teleport behind him. it's probably better to deflect anyway since it does a lot of posture damage, but you can use it as a crutch (I always used it when he did those big sweeping spin moves since I always fuck up the timing on jumping over those like a retard)

>long reach
>free damage
Why not?

No camera in Sekiro is nowhere near as bad as the BB camera on Darkbeast Paarl

Shitty camera is a excuse perpetuated by shitters. git gud

Who do I have left after Demon of Hatred? Kind of curious how close to the end I am.

Attached: 1429855121254.jpg (500x375, 35K)

You're at the end.

mandatory? only the final boss

fighting the kicking ninjas in small hallways are the worst because they always push you up against the wall and then the camera starts going fucking nuts and you can't see shit. should've just made the walls transparent once you get pushed against it instead of going fucking ham

>SSI does a jumping lunge
>camera just gives up and de-locks off him
>he does the quick follow up and stabd me in the back while im guarding against the air

It could at least do some posture damage.
Sekiro's combat loves to take the fun out of absolutely everything.
I feel so limited despite all the options it supposedly gives you. They're all less effective than just spamming block and attack because that'w what they designed 90% of the enemies and bosses for.

That is true but it only means as long as you have like 15 sen in total you can do the full damage lol

Because i coukd just ichimonji for free instead

>long animation
>no combo R1 available
Worse option I would say

I heard someone call Sekiro a puzzle game because the fights are all about finding the one trick necessary to beat the encounter

I beat SSI and savescummed to get all 3 endings. I got all Gourd Seeds, Lapis, and Prayer beads. Is there anything else I should do before NG+.

That was DSP who said that

the trick to beating all the bosses is to hit them and not get hit wow

I didn't say it was someone I respected

Sekiro is a Rhythm game

Are you kidding?
>Good range
>Brilliant for fast counter attacks
>Spiral version goes through blocking
>Relatively fast to upgrade

The Spear is incredible.

Cheaters like you can't even beat NG+ without Kuro's Charm, so don't bother

Attached: 1554241095251.jpg (737x673, 701K)

there is only one boss in the game that require you to find a trick because you cant damage him, any other boss have multiple various strat that you can apply, but the best course of action is to
>parry any hit
>never stops attacking instead of doing the dark souls thing of 3 hits>roll away

Isshin's second and third phase seem impossible. Been on him for 4 days. Orphan of Kos didn't even give me this much trouble.

>No range
>Massive wind-up

How about no.

>muh kuro's charm
Kuro will take your charm but nobody wants your virginity.

The spear animation is just as long and it literally does have a combo. But anyways the only decent usage for spirit emblems are the EZshield and shuriken gap closing.

How do I beat Sword Saint?

Fuck that bastard, his attacks are too fast and have like no tells on what he's about to do. I can beat Genichiro without taking a single hit but I've barely lasted like 30 seconds against Sword Saint.

Attached: 1550516506031.png (480x465, 173K)

>mfw enemy with spear
>mfw miniboss with spear

Attached: bandicoot_screaming_for_2.5_hours.png (408x408, 461K)

Git gud

Attached: Sekiro™_ Shadows Die Twice_20190407235651.png (1920x1080, 2.09M)

More about solving what is enemy moveset and how do you counter each move.
Like, you can mikiri attack1, you need to jump when enemy uses attack2, also it's better to dodge to get free hits when enemy uses attack3, but past 75% hp it's better to parry, to bait enemy to next move.
But it's pointless when you have good natural reaction time.

Nigga I'm not playing through it 4 times. How is savescumming cheating?

It's really not that bad, only in super tight spaces or against an aggressive leap does the camera fuck up every now and then.

I actually just started the game, but somehow I got stuck in this pit area with stairs you can walk up, but I have no idea where to go. It's like I'm stuck.

lmao mikiri counter is way more slack with timing than actual L1 parry

>firecrackers

>Nigga I'm not playing through it 4 times.
You bad, bro

Attached: 1554477288469.png (442x530, 260K)

Jesus. Just turn the game off now.

Used 5 times but ok, post yours, then
You could also swap prosthetic before the final hit

What? He always do thrust-like attack before thrust and sweep-like attack before sweep. For everything else you can just spam L1. Oh, and his long windup charging attacks you can just interrupt them with firecrackers.

>tfw 35 hours in
>beat Genichiro
>completed everything in Senpou area
>only just beat Snake Eyes McGraw in the depths

I did. I'll just start over.

>enemy does a stab
>jump
>take damage even though his weapon didnt touch me because HUUUR DUUURR THATS NOT HOW YOURE SUPPOSED TO DODGE IT

Attached: 1514987455398.jpg (245x204, 51K)

Her worst attack pattern is the one where she phases out and spins to the side of you. Run away from that one.

you know you can jump, right?

>The spear animation is just as long

It definitely isn't. Unless you're talking about the loaded poke or cleave version, in which case, what the fuck are you doing either for? The poke is straight shit and the cleave is only good for when there's a whole bunch of enemies clumped together.

I don't think that's what he meant.

Whats the best/cheesiest way to kill Headless?

I've gone through the game with not much issue with any bosses but Headless fuck me over everytime. Tried doing the stay behind technique but the mist just slwos me too much to keep it there.

hold run to get behind him when he teleports

Attached: 1382393611170.jpg (313x286, 72K)

Yes, you can jump up walls similar to DMC5. But there is no clear path. I only played for like 5 minutes yesterday because XIV servers were down then I quit.

Well I did turn it off.

Come... Sekiro.

Attached: 1555159810764.jpg (1113x2048, 214K)

there's clearly some ledges you can grab on to user
just read the tutorial messages
they aren't just there for show

>white monkeys
>strong sword dual wielding motherfuckers
>black monkeys
>retarded as fuck and get posture broken in one attack

what did miyazaki mean by this

Wait until you get the Malcontent. When you use it Headless gets staggered Gascoigne-style.

You fucking brainlets, this line has nothing to do with the fight itself and its all about his motives
Did you fucking skip every single line of dialogue in this game or what?

>people keep talking about these late game bosses like theyre the toughest shit ever
>mfw i cant even beat Genichiro
Maybe i should just give up now

Attached: 1544478763064.png (640x480, 363K)

Is Mt. Kudo(?) a dead end?

I'm right at the end of it and there's fuck all here.

He meant the game isn't for you if you can't figure out the most basic shit.

The best way to deal with Headless is to not bother. It's not required and the reward is shit.

>fighting True Monk
>camera gets stuck on trees
>die
>resurrect
>camera gets stuck on gate
>die again
Fantastic

Just reflect lmao

I never fought him and just interpreted "hesitation is defeat" however I wanted to.

It goes on hold until you finish up the shit at Ashina Castle, then you go back

Don't give up Shinobi.

Every boss seems like the toughest shit ever while you're fighting them. Then you beat them.

I can easily beat this game. I probably just forgot you can do

he's easy
just keep attacking and parrying
you can beat him by just doing attack+parry+attack+parry+.....

Attached: 1554674822405.jpg (265x443, 42K)

Why is the ape burrow idol blocked off?
I already killed it with the mortal blade.

Attached: 1483885314105.png (189x262, 67K)

spooky ghosts

There is surprise, go and check it.

STUCK ON BLAZING BULL AND JINTO THE DRUNK PUNK
PLEASE ADVISE
CONVINCE ME THAT THIS GAME IS GOOD AND THE BONFIRESIDE CU KS ARE WRONG

Attached: beautiful_horses_bust_shots_3_by_wsache2020_d9mupde_2.jpg (1200x748, 141K)

>I can easily beat this game
>gets stuck on platforming in the intro
You're in for a ride, kid

Attached: 1554661683477.png (680x497, 528K)

When is it too late to eavesdrop on Kuro and Emma?

I made the insense and now I have to go to the bridal room.
Emma disappeared and I can't find her.

Attached: 1521586090417.png (300x300, 66K)

I know, my son.

I struggled to but he is not that bad, no bullshit about it's moveset, mikiri him as much as you can and don't you ever stop attack him, he doesn't have a lot of posture but he regains it quite fast.
I don't think I got casual filtered this hard with any other boss in the game

inb4 user gets stuck on Lady Butterfly and begins wondering why the game doesnt have an easy mode

Attached: 1554562993388.jpg (764x472, 350K)

I would never ask for an easy mode, I'll just git gud.

I didn't eavesdrop until I was at Fountainhead

i am playing with the bell on again and i would rather try the bull skip then play this garbo

>Aren't you supposed to be patient and parry
It worked better for me, certainly in his first two stages, to stay on him and attack, because that baits him into using his much easier to counter moves than some of his gap closers and forcefield shit. Hell, the Genichiro phase can be constantly attacked and bodied in like twenty seconds if he sticks with some of his more basic moves.
Isshin's third and fourth phase require a bit more patience, at least until you can whittle away his health low enough so his posture doesn't regenerate as quick. You don't want this fight to take 20 minutes every single time, trust me, all it does is make you a scared little bitch during his last phase, which will get you killed.
>this line has nothing to do with the fight itself
Not true, although it applies to his motives too that doesn't mean it can't also be interpreted as "get in his fucking ass and stop being so passive".

How do I get to the big bell in Senpou Temple?

How do I get across with the kite? I already got the puppeteer ninjutsu but the little guy near the kite isn't there anymore.

Did I screw up the Armoured Warrior fight? I deathblowed him and kinda pushed him off the edge and he fell. Was he meant to do something else?

Attached: 1390460667008.jpg (422x422, 142K)

Literally just keep running, stay on the bulls ass and squeeze in a hit whenever you can. He seems intimidating but he's actually easy as fuck.

Shura is harder than SS Isshin

who was the sleeping cutie next to the boulder?

Oh, a spooky ghost guy.
They're pretty easy when you stop being freaked out.

Attached: 1483915193008.jpg (250x219, 14K)

There's a super cool shortcut from the first headless in ashina outskirts, that will lead you to the bell in Senpou temple.

That's exactly how you're supposed to kill the Knight, don't worry. There isn't any other way to kill him, he just taunts you until you get it right

headless actually has three unblockables, scream, a big sweep, and a giant jumping sweep.
I never saw the big sweep until the rematch fight, but the jumping sweep I saw once in the first fight.

Either beat the 1st headless in outskirts cave or search for an alternative path before the Armored Warrior fight, the are with the midgets on the cliffs.

You got Dragon Tears already didn't you? Maybe that locks you out of that area

No. That's how you do it.

>my first souls game
>all good till that purple ninja
>mfw took me 4 hours to beat him
was it luck or did I Get Gud™ ?

Attached: 1539117690733.gif (500x275, 1.89M)

Tomoe

Oh that fucker. Guess I gotta git gud and try and kill my first headless.

Attached: 1419094841312.jpg (184x184, 20K)

>mfw this faggot bull
>mfw this faggot bull and i are circling eachother for like five minutes just trying to hit the fucking thing
>mfw this faggot bull makes motorcycle noises and kills me

Attached: 1464243113955.jpg (600x660, 65K)

the one armed swordsman?

Just wait until you find the lavender-scented faggot bull and his archer buddies

I saw the footprints, I though at the from the green one I was chasing but I realized what it was about

I honestly thought butterfly would be harder than r1r1r1r1dodgedodger1r1r1dodgedodger1r1r1dodgedodgeshurikenr1r1r1r1

Later on these guys are normal mobs. If that scares you, realize the simple fact about this game already. Blocking AND parrying is essential, dont dodge, never dodge unless its for dodge+run to get some space for heals. Stay in place and parry. Until you get that you'll never be good and every win will feel like a lucky break.

Squeeze some hits and then use firecracker, at some point it spooks him. Then he rams the wall with full posture
You can sneak on him, use firecracker and it also will spook him immediately and he gains full posture damage

A big noodle guy? Are you fucking serious?

Way to completely destroy the tone. A big fucking noodly guy. I'm cracking up.

Attached: laughing wotos.gif (445x247, 2.85M)

i await bull faggotry part two with bated breath

My katana accidentaly met with its face and killed it. Not even joking.

headcanon
We only know she's a bridal offering from the Mibu Village for the Dragon

Same thing happened on my end. I figured there was an invisible one running around somewhere, but I didn't think to check for footprints or listen for it. I just slashed behind me like a retard and by pure chance I found him.

Just beat Demon of Hatred
At the end I could predict all his moves and dodge 100%
It was fucking boring chipping his life away for the first two stages.

Attached: 1554027509304.jpg (372x521, 97K)

When do I get to kill snek? I got his dried out heart and i'm in poison pools.

Worst enemy in the game is headless. Try and prove me wrong.
pro tip: you can't

Is there any point of no return? Where some areas or bosses become unavailable? I just entered mibu village. And i think i did everything else expect headless fights because fuck them.

>what are Japanese straw dolls?

When you get Dragon Tears.

Dumb looking.
And the mystical ceremony is just this big guy taking you over to a cliff? Give me a break.

Yes, after you beat divine dragon much of the world becomes unavailable.

He doesn't have a name, you climb on a mountain in the memory sequence and he waits for you on a roof. He guards the feather prostetic

>getting filtered by the monkey

Attached: 56819097_2228360767227187_5219945557539160064_n.jpg (553x311, 20K)

>much of the world becomes unavailable
fug and I wondered why I can't get into outskirts

I won by pareying all of his moves except the sweap kick. Are they exaclty like him or a little diffrent?

OKAY I WILL TRY THESE THINGS AND GIVE IT ANOTHER GO

IN THE MEANWHILE LETS FIGURE OUT WHY GARY FROM DUCKKEK.KEK IS SUCH FUMBLING GAMES SHITTER. WANTS GITGUD TO NOT BE A THING BUT THEN BITCHES ABOUT ME HANICS THAT JUST CLICK WHEN YOURE NOT TERRIBLE THUMBS

"WHAT IS A PODCASTER?
SOMEONE WHOSES IGNORANCE IS AS GREAT AS HIS SENSE OF JUSTICE"

THANKS-ADMIN

Attached: hungrymare_sm.jpg (640x480, 80K)

nice pic you got here
mind I save it?

>Dumb looking.
Bad taste, it was pretty original
Better than enemies bringing you to the next location or fucking warp

Attached: Sekiro™_ Shadows Die Twice_20190328203225.png (1920x1080, 1.92M)

The text at waterfall room tells you about it

you can still get back there, there's a bridge near the Old Grave idol. not all of it is accessible though.

Parry the bull.
Dont try to dodge because eventually his bullshit hitboxes are going to get you

>see 'uh oh kanji' flash

>jump
>it's a thrust attack

>step in
>it's a sweep attack

you'd think this would stop hurting after 15 hours

Attached: 1294042721340.jpg (303x293, 29K)

Bros I can't beat that fucking miniboss with the bigass spear at Ashina Resevoir who guards the Moonlit tower. Lady Butterfly? No problem. Orgre, bull, horse boss? Easy. But this fucking faggot with his 50 combos that instakill is just too hard. Can't even parry a full combo without posture breaking, and his sweep and lunge attacks look almost identical during windup.

Attached: 1466719624927.jpg (1280x850, 228K)

Sekiro is hard
The game has many puzzles
Rice loli is who?

Exactly like him. And you can easily tell which perilous attacks they will do because both are tied to patterns.

When he does his jumping kick, the perilous attack will always be sweep.
When you starts doing his ground kick combo, the last hit will always be a thrust kick, you mikiri that one very easily if you've blocked/parried the rest of the combo.

Try to parry as much as possible but in the case of combos, until you learn them, parrying 1/3rd of the combo and blocking the rest works too. As long as your posture doesn't break you're in the clear.

Look at the enemy, dumbass
That's what the symbol tells you

imagine giving up on the literal shit thrower instead of practicing and overcoming him

i honestly looked behind me at some point, saw those footprints and thought "wtf those weren't here when i ran here" and when i left-clicked i hit the monkey. My invisible wall instincts must have kicked in or something

I feel bad killing these musical aliens. What do they even do?
The hopping guys are cute though.

He's much easier because you can keep him in the narrow area which gives him less space to run around like a retard. Also take out the archers first why the fuck would you leave them up there? You can even jump down on him to take out half his health.

let em succ you a bit you'll see

>aliens
No such things in Sekiro. There are eels, carps and dragons tho

Attached: 1554051338014.jpg (1023x1448, 578K)

They're tied with the rejuvenating waters, which is bad news

>What do they even do?
They give you the soulsucc
>The hopping guys are cute though.
Those are girls

>finally beat Ishinn by doing 3 Lightning reversal in a row
best feel I had in a vidya in recent years, that guy who used cheat to beat him and "felt fine" can go fuck himself

Hint: if you're getting posture broken, you aren't deflecting. Deflecting increases your posture but it can never cause you to get posture broken. Also learn to mikiri counter

His attacks are fucking slower than the mooks, just keep calm while fighting him and anticipate his moves

I cheesed him somehow.
Lured him to the top of the stairs, then jumped off and jumped back on and grabbed the ledge. Fucker just stood there while I hung onto the ledge and kept swiping at his legs for about 5 minutes until I completely drained his vitality.

As I said, I did parry all of his moves, at least I think I did; Isn't the sweap attack unparryable?

What are some combat arts that ate worth the skill point investment?

Attached: eI4HgKu_d.jpg (640x801, 51K)

Hey, if I buy the game on Steam right now, do I still get the digital artbook?
Someone who bought the game recently pls confirm

I killed that guy by spamming firecrackers

So I gave giant carp the very precious bait from pot merchant in Hirata. I feel like I fucked up. Went back to Hiarta and the merchant guy looks kinda...bad news.

HIGH MONK

how are you at giant carp and don't know about dragonrot?

I killed the other 3, noticed that there was still a quarter of a health bar, looked on the floor and saw the glowing footprints.

Nah I meant he turned into a carp an all but the fucker looked ominous as fuck, red eyes and all. Also his behavior when he gave you the bait was suspicious.
Maybe I should have listened to the pot guy in Fountainhead.

I bumped into him when trying to sneak up on one of the other guys

Well you can also make him jump off a clif if you're taking that route

He ascended into a God.
Good work user-sama

Fire umbrella, fire umbrella, fire umbrella. Unless this is NG+ w/o Kuro charm, Fire umbrella is the single best thing for this fight. It blocks fucking everything, for the low cost of 1 emblem. If you have the ceremonial tanto from defeating the Dungeon Shichimen - use it. And get more umbrella uses. Even better if you have the skill that lets you attack out of it.

If he's about to do the fire wave? Umbrella. He's throwing fireballs? Umbrella. Blocks it all. If he's doing a dive explosion? Umbrella that shit and then attack out of it for massive damage.

Other than that, don't be greedy, parry his foot stomps because they have too much tracking to dodge, and always stay close to him because his most dangerous attacks are ranged and AOE

Do you have mikiri coutner? From the shinobi skill path? You wanna get that then try that on all his thrust attacks

Lady Owl is cute!

Attached: 1555166728425.jpg (1079x1100, 376K)

hit him until he dies

Should I bother using confetti on Corrupted Monk?

Feather is better since it's not gay.

finally killed owl 1.
I abandoned all advice given to me by you all. I stopped playing a bitch and just parried and smacked him. Took 2 tries.

It's faster to name those that aren't worth skill points, which are:
>Spiral Cloud Passage
Just worthless
>Empowered Mortal Draw
Not enough of a power up to Mortal Draw to justify the cost
>Praying Strikes/Praying Strikes: Exorcism
Worthless all around, it's undeflectable and fast but deals basically zero posture damage or HP damage whatsoever.

>dont dodge, never dodge
Youre a retard

Dodging is super good in this game when you use it right, for example you can literally just dodge out of purple ninjas combo for free 3 hits instead of autistically trying to get his posture down when he's still at full hp.
Stop giving advice that starts with "never do x" when you barely grasp the combat in this game.

Fuck this makes me so annoyed when you retards think theres one crutch solution to every situation and just parrot each other, and then you run into a boss like Owl 2 and start crying that game is too hard because you never bothered to utilize both parry AND dodge in your playstyle, therefore youre shit out of luck against a boss thats supposed to be dodged for the most part or the fight takes 15 minutes

Attached: 1462710891185.png (680x680, 339K)

Deflect and Mikiri.
Mikiri and he'll almost always follow up with an attack. After you Mikiri, get ready to deflect. If you deflect that follow-up he staggers hard and you get like 5 hits in.

Why do spirit embers increase in prize, and what triggers the increase.
And what is the best way to farm them

I got through both corrupted monks first try without any buff, and I'm still confused about why they're considered hard bosses. They don't really have any bullshit attacks and they're pretty standard bossfights in that you just deflect and hit. No need to memorize complicated movesets or anything.
If you're having trouble go ahead and pop a confetti, but the boss just didn't seem challenging to me.

>And what is the best way to farm them
Use your balloons of spirits and the one that gives you more coins, and go to an area thick with enemies. (Mibu Village works well.) Farm the fuck out of those enemies that die in one hit, rinse and repeat.

Confetti and snap seeds are both useful but not needed.
Though there aren't many other times to use them.

They increase when the time of day changes
Kill things to farm them. I don't know how people ran out, I never bought any and ended with like 500

It depends on how willing you are to beat the optional Apparition mini-bosses right now.

Later in the game, you can buy infinite confetti, and as people are starting to realise, Confetti increases your damage against everything and chips through blocks.

The main reason to keep Confetti is to use it against the Shichimen in the Abandoned Dungeon, since the drops the best item in the game. Otherwise you just use it whenever you feel like.

I only tried him once so far, and that was with 1 heal left as I explored after ghost girl. Good, I'll just try without then, thanks.

>clear out the entire section except one slug guy
>he cripples and eats me
>resurrections disabled

Attached: 1484949717368.jpg (354x423, 83K)

Yea Forums is just so bad at this game.
I can't believe people are still pretending that parry spam is worth anything or that combat arts or prosthetics are bad outside of Ichimonji and Firecrackers.
Then again, this place doesn't really play videogames so it's not a big surprise.

>since the drops the best item in the game.
I already finished the game and killed this guy, but I don't remember what he dropped.

Owl father is LITERALLY impossible.

Attached: 1554837572313.webm (864x480, 2.88M)

I cheesed Owl 2 by spamming Mortal Draw and sprinting away. I feel like I owe it to him to fight him normally since he's such a good boss.

The Okami guy in the fountain palace too.

Kek pottery

He drops the Tanto, which gives you the same effect as Blood Bullets. It's by far the most useful thing in the game that isn't a Gourd Seed or Prayer Bead.

>lady owl

????????????

I'm sure you're aware already but you can backstab him once if you go behind the tower.
After that you need to go aggressive on him, his attack is very slow and should always be deflected, don't try to dodge unless you have mikiri.

I'm at NG+2 though and Owl 2, Isshin and DoH were pushovers.

Confetti is also raw damage up

>dont talk to Orin, just on her head for a free deathblow
I've done it about 5 times now, no deathblow. Are you jesting Yea Forums?

Is it better than red sugar or the fire sword thing?

he cute

Do apparition enemies take less damage from your attacks unless you use confetti, or do they just have huge health pools?

>fulminated mercury

Attached: 1538956599095.png (438x512, 384K)

those are girls(female)

fuck I forgot again

Attached: 1554637490076.jpg (1121x750, 264K)

Its basically not worth fighting them without confetti. They have super small health pools with confetti, it increases your damage tenfold.

Double Ichimonji and nothing else really
it and Mortal Draw are the only good ones desu, Ichimonji for posture bosses and Mortal Draw for HP chip bosses are all you need

>MFW cheesing corrupted monk with firecrackers

Attached: kek.jpg (640x633, 39K)

Scrub post

Attached: 1554474919915.webm (1152x648, 2.96M)

i killed it without even thinking about it, the one monkey that sees you and the other one that hears you too me 40 minutes.

double ichimongi is the drake sword of sekiro. Only fags use it

bad comparison

What does that .webm have to do with combat arts?

mid air prosthetic, mid air shinobi attacks, double ichimonji, improved deflect skills.

If you like spending all your pooled up skill points before death running bosses, then those skills are entirely attainable.

Anything that lift you from the ground is top tier in this game

Attached: y1Nz2XjR_200x200.png (200x200, 49K)

>easy mode move that negates alot of difficulty while not requiring much from the user
>is used predominantly by people that look up UH I NEED HELP

yeah nah

This was without a doubt the best designed and most satisfying boss fight for me. This game's combat was so well designed.

Attached: Isshin Ashina.jpg (1280x720, 65K)

Is it possible to get to that cave? Also are most of Ashina Outskirt idols got locked permanently after the invasion?

Attached: Screenshot 2019.04.13 - 22.08.10.20.jpg (2560x1440, 1.94M)

What's that jumping swing attack he does at the end?

Just because it's the only combat art in the game that isn't complete and utter trash, doesn't mean it's a crutch.

If you can find me another a combat art that doesn't cost valuable resources, have a suicidal wind-up, or doesn't involve a flurry of pathetic easily blocked hits, then great. Until then i'll stick with the ONLY MOVE IN THE GAME that provides instance posture regen.

Could he not have just jumped and Mario'd Isshin there? I never used High Monk too much since I never really saw an advantage over jumping on them and double slashing.

Nightjar I think
Bonus posture damage

High Monk is god tier, looks cool and requires timing. Ichimongi is just stupid fucking good and doesnt even require good timing. It's just the easy mode button that removes a lot of challenge. Also double ichimongi looks retarded and using it makes you gay

>meme sword that becomes useless after 2 hours
>move that's consistently good throughout the whole game

cry all you want but literally nothing else gets as much off of a punish as Ichimonji does, except maybe R1 spam in some situations (only on bosses like Guardian Ape where they fuckin crumple when hit enough times)

more like black knight halberd.

Nothing clears posture like ichimonji, while drakesword offers nothing besides damage.

>Get Ashina Cross
>Its a limp-dick version of the Ashina Dojo guy's 1-2 slash
I want my fucking skill points back.

Attached: fdsfdsa.gif (244x244, 1021K)

Who cares when you can use both at the start of the fight?

It's fucking amazing I"m not denying that, I'm saying its too fucking good for too minimal of an investment and it makes you look like a fag

>Shit talking Isshin's coolest attack

Did people really go for drake sword?
Thought it was black knight polearm.

The final boss(es) give you the big dick quickdraw skills. Still never really found a use for them though.

Black Knight Polearm became the crutch tool later on as people did speedruns of the game. Launch the drake sword and crystal ring shield (which was then nerfed) were the crutches.

>using a katana like a retard with a baseball bat

Yeah nah I aint doing that shit

black k***ht polearm is if you're lucky, drake sword is a guaranteed drop

That's One Mind tho

Attached: 1529610340895.jpg (720x960, 90K)

Is there a closer idol to Owl?

Im sick and tired of grappling up shit and running past 6 Shinobi and Shadow Dancer references.

Attached: sit still.jpg (740x642, 276K)

I'll admit High Monk is maybe comparable. It does punish and you can use like a Mikiri for sweeps. But it doesn't restore your posture unlike the move you get for a measly 2 points at the start of the game.

The point remains you're mistaking Ichimonji for being "cheap" or "low-skill" when in reality it's the only Combat Art that feels like an extra piece of utility in your overall kit. You have loads of options with Ichimonji, and High Monk's utility is restricted to sweep punishing.

May as well complain that people in Souls use shields because they both block AND parry wtf what a crutch!!!

Now I want to see people hit a baseball using the bat that way.

>Dodge fire everywhere
>Parry his initial hit
>Parry the million following hits and final slash
Super satisfying.

Just finished NG+4 with Demon Bell/No Kuro's Charm and got the last ending trophy I was missing.

Fuck SS Isshin's phase 2, he gets poise on some of his spear combos that just outright one-shots you or if you fuck up the deflect two-bangs you. He becomes easier though when he starts slinging lightning at you.

I do wish Genichiro had another phase, felt bad for him at that point Sekiro was basically bullying him.

I really enjoyed the game but I'm wondering if/what they could do for DLC. More bosses are good but there doesn't really seem to be much they could add to change/tweak anything to the core gameplay though.

Attached: good.jpg (1000x1000, 457K)

...the Dojo? Are you retarded? It's three jumps away

Oh.
For some reason i never played 1. Went from demon souls to dark souls 2.
Is remaster good?

Get back to the first idol you find within the castle and make your way back to the dojo. Beat the miniboss in there and then you'll have an easy way back to Owl.

Go around the castle and you can grapple up the window back inside to the dojo. Either go from there, or run through the dojo again (and fight a miniboss) to get back to the closest idol.

Attached: 1530920358271.jpg (208x250, 8K)

Look most combat arts are definetly underpowered, but ichimongi feels overtuned and I dont think its fun to use. And I think it looks fucking stupid.

Also the monk punch one is fun as fuck. If it did a little more posture damage it would be god tier.

Fall down from uptop. The bonfire above the three wolfs.
Just has a lousy Yu-Gi-Oh card tho

>no combat art where you smack people with your sheath
>no combat art where you do posture damage by pulling your katana out and smashing them in the face with the hilt

cmon from

Finished NG+, parry spam works great, prosthetics are bad except firecrackers (although there are rare occasions where other are good too), combat arts are bad except shadowrush to cheese the second ashina elite.

I don't feel like Ichimonji is overtuned at all. It isn't for all situations, but it has its niche where it is better to use than normal attacks. That's where I think all combat arts should be. I could see a reduction on how much posture it restores though.

That's still a problem with the other combat arts, and the simple fact that most of them do the exact same thing as prosthetics or are just worse alternatives to attacking normally.

Ichimonji is like an old friend for when you're tired of turtles and flippy ninja shit. They want you to dance to your tune so you just break out the Kendo stance on their ass and they sit down. It's such a satisfying fuck you to cuntish enemies, I don't know how you can't love it.

Mikiri, same way you beat anything with a thrust attack

just beat SSI with a lightning deflect with 0 chugs left, feels good.

firecrackers were ineffective, but i found torching him with flame vent at the start of each of his phases helped a lot

BB>Sekiro>any Souls game

Attached: 1302071472296.png (407x395, 9K)

Any tips for Demon of Hatred? It's my last thing to do (along with gathering the carps scales I missed) before going to ng+
I managed to go to his 2nd phase but it was mainly because he was distracted by the various npcs on the battlefiled (who won't spawn back)

>kuro's charm
Easy modo
>can't even double deflect
git gud

Attached: 1554447819521.png (323x345, 78K)

Took me 4 days to kill lady shitfly, am I the only casual here?

fml

its just so good and looks so stupid!

Attached: 1554505270521.png (750x730, 560K)

A lot of people advocate hugging his ass, but I never had much luck with that.

I sprinted away from him at full speeds the entire fight (unless I was far enough not to get hit by anything, then I'd sprint horizontally). He'll come to you to do his attacks, which will then be easy to dodge as you're already sprinting away, and then you can sprint in for a hit or two punish. Takes awhile, but not as long as you'd think and it is very safe.

Hold down that run button nigga
Don't lock on

footprints and noises
was pretty proud of myself finding that out myself

Also get Malcontent if you can and spam that on his third phase (you get 3 uses). Not necessary by any means, but it will speed things up.

Stick to the crotch, 3/4 swings, parry/dodge the stomps, use the umbrella when afar, jump when you see the symbol

>tfw it all just clicked

Attached: 1453001439664.gif (426x240, 2.64M)

>blank panel
>footstep sounds but nobody near you
>footprints behind you
i think ur brain is poopy

I fucking did it

In the end I didn't even use the umbrella, I kept parrying and dodging as best I could and abused the malcontent whistle in phase 3. I was really lucky to get the whistle into stagger combo. I'm so glad

Attached: Demon Down.png (821x612, 997K)

How the fuck do deflect both his attacks?
I try spamming L1, but always take damage from the second one

Attached: Screen_Shot_2019-03-22_at_3.47.30_AM.jpg (640x359, 27K)

Suzaku Umbrella
Divine Confetti for free damage
Suzaku Umbrella
Malcontent whistle, you can use three times total for a free stun each time.
Suzaku Umbrella.

When he does his long-winded fireball dance, and then you have to run around until it ends, you can actually spiral into him with quite a decent angle without getting touched by the projectiles, which gets you free hits.

Always be ready to jump his Sweep, it's not always predictable but it usually comes out after specific comboes.

In Phase 3 he will do his Johnny Cash sweep, just get the fuck out of there as quick as you can, then anticipate the gap-closer.

literally didn't realize there was an invisible monkey until I read the wiki page

Attached: 1515299586973.gif (491x704, 3.22M)

Stop spamming and learn the correct timings

>4 Monkeys
>4 Pictures
>1 of the pictures is empty
Hmmmmmm

Should I do the fountainhead palace or this weird Hirata 2.0 thing first?

Attached: 1517682182677.jpg (1280x1436, 243K)

Just practice till you get the right timing, i never get hit by the second one just by having a rythm

>fight a boss
>blow all your heals on phase 1 but it clicks
>flawless phase 2

Feels so good

He is much easier on a keyboard
Sekiro wasn't meant to be played on controllers

Wait for the shine, that's your signal to start.

Either is fine but you should complete Hirata 2.0 before beating the final boss of the Fountainhead.

Few games feel as good as Sekiro when it all works. Getting shit like the monk or Isshin down pat and just doing that dance with them was fucking KINO.

How the hell did people unlock owl2 without using a guide? Literally imppssible

This. Which one?
also is she going to put sausage up vagina or ass?

Use confetti at the start of every single phase

Installing the gaym right now, never played a souls game and I'm a shit gamer, how hard am I going to get fucked from all directions?

I'm an autist that got suspicious when Emma was talking to the sculptor in the early game, and when I found out I could eavesdrop on them, I started checking for eavesdrops all the time.

why does rice loli help you even after you kill all her monkey friends?

They're weird spirits, you can't kill them.

I read a comment here like "eavesdrop Kuro and Emma" after finishing my NG.

>Hirata 2.0
Wait what?

I just started Fountainhead, got past a courtyard full of those slug assholes. Did I miss something?

Sekiro is the easiest one yet, never having played a Souls game is just an advantage

Eavesdrop Emma and Kuro, I dunno if you can still do it though

>estus

This is why you suck

Suzaku's Umbrella is OP there. I used that against his fireball throw, the phase 2 long range fire-along-the-ground thing, when I'm not sure if I'm out of range of his firefist groundslam, when he does the high jump bellyflop. Attacking with it also does massive damage, like 1cm.
Don't forget the Ceremonial Tanto. I started the fight with that activated because half a healthbar seemed worth less to me than a few uses of Suzaku's because I didn't know how to counter the aforementioned attacks.
Always circle on the side with the fire arm.
Malcontent stuns him, use that in p3 when he creates a fire ring around you both. Don't run away from him then btw, when he swirls his fist around in a circle 2-3 times, just jump it and stay not too far from him or the fire circle gets you.
Use Confetti and Ako candy liberally. Reapply between phases as you can't hurt him then anyway.
Jump his perilous dash. He'll still dash through you but you won't take damage. It makes no sense but it works.

He's not as bad as he seems.

he can until the dragon fight

I was suspicious at that time too but there were no eavesdrop prompts shown to me, i've only heard online that there's an owl2

>Sekiro is the easiest one yet
filtered by the ogre

Attached: 1554657045849.png (930x916, 1.42M)

It's more than just eavesdropping on Kuro.
After that you have to keep eavesdropping Emma when she moves locations. She's standing upstars from Kuro's room by the way.

you have to unlock the purification ending to get access to hirata too. it's pretty hard to figure out without a guide. it might still be possible but you're definitely locked out after killing divine dragon.

Killing the last boss of Fountainhead is a point of no return. You can still access Hirata 2: Electric Boogaloo before then.

It's also pretty advisable that you do find all the stuff in the Fountainhead because the upgrades, memories and beads will make his fight less difficult.

user, monkey man is one of the easier bosses in the game. Just go in there and fucking beat him.

Whitepill me on Owl (Father).

My record is about 7 seconds.

Attached: c2d.jpg (663x579, 38K)

treat him like a bloodborne/souls boss instead of a sekiro boss. try to stay under his legs behind him and dodge his attacks or deflect them (mostly the leg stomps are deflectable, the rest should be dodged). if you get stuck in a place where you're going to get hit no matter what like when he does the charge attack in phase 2 and immediately follows up with an attack use the lotus umbrella to block it.

when you see the symbol for his unblockable charge attack just jump to avoid it. save at least 12 spirit emblems for phase 3 so you can use the malcontent 3 times to stun him but make sure he's not in the middle of an attack or it might not work. also if you are finished with the game and did the stops for the return ending the rice/fine snow/rice balls can help a lot if you're close to beating him in phase 3 but almost out of healing items.

Sorry, what the fuck is One Mind...?

Dude, it took me two days to kill the monkey. If you can finish the monkey, you can finish the rest of the game, even demon of hatred is like a little bitch compare to the monkey

Don't give him space, alot of his attacks have long wind up and you can knock him out of them

Deflect everything, show that fuck whos boss.

Disable lock-on, step into him on his left each time he attacks
Repeat for the entire fight

Every boss in Sekiro is terribly programmed and can be exploited

>firecracker then R1 instead
even better

Alright, guess I'll try that then. Thanks.

Suck his cock and make sure he won't stop you from sucking it, if he runs away, make sure to chase him like a degenerate faggot and keep sucking the dick

Combat Art for joining Owl and completing the game.
youtube.com/watch?v=AmJc6RG1tRc

>I try spamming L1
>but always take damage from the second one
really makes you think

Attached: 1554824101187.jpg (780x768, 279K)

Efficiency wise probably, but I just found it super satisfying when you're parrying strikes at a million miles an hour. I generally just sprinted behind him or raven feathered though because I'm a scrub.

I don't have all the resources to create those, mainly lacking sen, whats a good way to farm money? Fountainhead is pretty nice but there is always the risk to get fucked by those dude who make you old

Outskirts Stairway end game, just backstap all 5 red troops over and over.

That flurry of parries happens automatically, you don't have to press anything, except for the first and last one.

The idol in endgame Outskirts on the way to DoH. Backstab the 5 ministry fuckers right next to it, starting from the one on the tower.

Farm your upgrade mats alongisde your gold.

Gunfort Idol - Powder
Flower Viewing (Fountainhead) - Wax and Metal. Just shuriken the other noble before he can succ you, then kill the Okami warrior there.

Once you get to late-game, some much better farming routes open up.

This boss is deceptively easy.

The core loop to beat this guy is: bait his long range slam attack (either 3 hit combo, or single slam) while just out of range, and then run up to him for a few free attacks. Then prepare to parry his stomps and/or headslam.

The important thing for me was to NEVER chase him. Chasing him will trigger his lava spew (which I couldn't guarantee avoiding) and his annoying combo. Instead, just run out of range and bait another slam attack and then repeat. (Obviously sprint away when he chargers for his AOE or use the shield prosthetic)

In phase 2 when he does his "explosion slam", sprint sideways and jump as its about to land to avoid damage, then get in close and do the same as before.

In phase 3, immediately run away out of his initial AOE and get far enough away so he doesn't catch you off guard. Rinse and repeat the first two phases, and if he casts flaming skulls - just sprint sideways and get be sure to be near him when the animation ends for ~5 free hits.

As I said, he is deceptively easy if you follow this pattern. After choosing to run away rather than chasing him when he jumps away, I finished him in 3 attempts.

>you don't have to press anything, except for the first and last one.
what

Me fighting doh.

Attached: geese.webm (852x480, 949K)

Look for the flash of his sword hilt, and then tap L1 twice.

Suddenly this boss is a massive joke.

The first time I got hit by that I didn't know what the fuck was going on so I didn't press anything, still got parries (and then I died to the last slash).