Why do zoomers hate this game?

Why do zoomers hate this game?

Attached: 49b71bcbe7093f14360db3473d74b0f978735cb8.jpg (616x353, 27K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=i4RanjlL7sg
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cult_video_games
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

it's not prey

It's the boomers that hate it because muh system shock

It's legitimately the best shock game ever made

Too hard and it has branching paths, zoomers can't handle those

Zoomers are the ones who love it.

zoomer here
I liked it

Attached: 1538425844650.jpg (1200x1541, 338K)

Zoomers don't have the patience for immersive sims.

The enemy variety is fucking ass

>Best shock
lolno
it's easily better than ther Bioshock series, but it doesn't even get close to System Shock 1 and 2, but it is a great fucking game and i love it to death.

What is the name of this genre? Something-sim?

Immersive sim I think

It has more enemy variety than a lot of games, like System Shock or Bioshock for instance :^)

shit game with stolen name

fps

zoomers hate it because it's too smart for them
boomers hate it because it's muh system shock is better reee
But the reality of the matter is: Prey (2016) is a solid 8.5-9\10

This

Leeching off of good franchise-sim

Nobody gives a shit about the game from 2006. You're one of the dozen people who played it. Fuck off.

I can't think of anyone who realy hates this game except for old-prey fags (all 5 of them). Most people simply ignored it.

Attached: prey__good_evening_morgan_by_coupleofkooks-dbbm1i9.png (800x862, 570K)

Prey has cool easter eggs

Attached: 20170625213127_1.jpg (1920x1080, 318K)

A lot of cool shit. Accidentally shooting into the fountain in the garden area and see it breaking as a screen glass was a great videogame moment

Zoomer here the game was boring, easy and the crosshair wasnt centered also the clean aesthetic is really nice at the start but slowly just drains you the generic space ship halls just go on and on also the enemy variety is shit and the the fact they can mimic objects is cool at first but it becomes really obvious which is the mimic and what is real

i'm a boomer and i like it because it's a nice spiritual SS3 by people who obviously like 0451 games and venerate LG games in particular

boomers might hate it because the tutorial seems like it's aping portal and the art deco setting opens up the old bioshock wounds, it's not a good first impression

zoomers probably hate it because not enough cinematics and enemies can actually kill you

I glossed over it but that un centered crosshair seriously pissed me off its so unintuitive and made me miss shots because I naturally aim my screen at the enemy not a few inches down

goomer here, I liked it.

>Literally nobody gave a fuck about Prey
>It was a derivative PC title/360 release game that everybody quickly forgot
>Prey 2 is announced
>Lukewarm "okay" and nothing more
>Prey 2 gets canned
>Prey 2017 is announced
>HOW COULD THEY DO THIS TO MY CULT CLASSIC?!
>Everybody proceed to forget about Prey 2006 again

Attached: 1554231390050.jpg (563x503, 21K)

Fucking this. Nobody gave a fuck about the og prey, nobody gave a fuck about the sequel, but suddenly when the bethesda took the name for another project it's a national tragedy. Fucking retards

doomer here. desu prey was a cult classic. and the sequel doesn't do the original justice its as simple as that.

I've been in countless Cult Classic/"Games only you played" threads and Prey 2006 has never once been mentioned - ever.

>doesn't do a derivative and middle of the road shooter justice
>gives us a solid immersive sim instead
...good?

>prey was a cult classic
Please off yourself

1991 here
It's boring as fuck and the combat is ass.

You mean the game that sold better? Yeah sure, nobody played it.

>prey 2006
>cult classic
Mcfucking kill yourself

The problem is the game title was taken from a different IP and its actual IP is from system shock / bioshock.
The original Prey wasn't that amazing but it had interesting gameplay compared to other games in 2006, but the radio broadcast were a nice touch.

Prey 2 looked cool asf though

Thiiisssss.

Step above Bioshock but not SS2 level.

>nuPrey comes out
>is forgotten about after the first week
>people still remember Prey after 13 years

Not zoomers but boomers hate it. It's because the game is a shitty ripoff of HL2

If it wasn't for a small group whining on Yea Forums, I'd have forgotten that game alongside Quake 4.

People pretending to have played/liked the original prey, which was a good looking but not very fun game

I'd kill for a randomizer/rebalance mod
Kinda disappointed with the speedrunny roguelite direction they went for the DLC

Still a great game though

Probably for the same reasons everyone else hates it.

>Literally nobody gave a fuck about Prey
Your zoomer discord isn't the whole world.

Need glasses grandpa? It clearly says Prey

I genuinely gave it a chance and it the gameplay mechanics are really fun
The music overall is great
Just the story and that ending was gay
That's all
6.5/10

Nobody bought a fucking 360 for Prey, nor did anybody on PC care either. We were all playing Oblivion Just Cause, Battlefield 2142, Dead Rising, Dark Messiah, Rainbow Six Vegas 2, Black, Scarface and a myriad of way better games.

This holy fuck
>Bro lets make the enemies shapeshifting aliens
>But they only ever appear as black blobs
>But what about muh enemy variety?
>Idk add elemental variants or some shit

Attached: patrick-thinking-gif-10.gif (498x346, 731K)

best OST!
youtube.com/watch?v=i4RanjlL7sg

you people are stupid

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cult_video_games

literally click this and scroll to 2006 its a cult classic by definition according to wiki dumb asses

boomer here
first playthrough wasn't hard enough but it was fun. I did go back and play with a nohud mod and the game was far more enjoyable for me.

Attached: Screenshot_20190413-090959_Chrome.jpg (1425x277, 99K)

Sorry, I don't trust a retarded list that calls ZOE1 a cult classic and then doesn't even list ZOE2 in 2004 which was a vastly superior game that also still didn't succeed.

Didn't they add a survival mode with weapon degradation and status effects?

if the enemies were more than just black blobs, it would have been my goty

Don't know, did two playthroughs and quit before all the new updates came out. I need to go back and play the dlc

To this day I think it was an employee of whatever shit studio was making Prey 2 that was spamming the board trying to make people actually care.
Then Prey comes out, and it's a really good game but it mostly gets ignored because it's not AAA, and people resumed not giving an iota of a fuck about the original Prey or the canned sequel.

And if it wasn't for a small group whining on Yea Forums, I'd have forgotten about nuPrey.

Doubt it. The ten or so people that actually played and liked Prey 2006 never let us forget about it in any and all Prey threads.