This is your new library. Say something nice about it

This is your new library. Say something nice about it.

Attached: steam-ui-update.png (650x535, 494K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/Theo47/depressurizer
steamcommunity.com/groups/depressurizer
steamcommunity.com/id/LightrianChaos/
steamdb.info/calculator/76561198070332389/?cc=us
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>we want the Epic audience

Attached: 1554752826123.png (666x636, 829K)

It's fine

>mirrors edge catalyst
>halo 4
lol

Grid View is not dogshit anymore

>halo is actually happening
nice

I dont want twitch as my steam library

Idk what you double niggers are complaining about. They're finally adding the ability to sort your library via genre, and they kept the sidebar library the same as current steam. Only difference is they added a flashy grid view so you can see all your games cover art.

Stop being contrarian faggots
>OLD GOOD
>NEW BAD

Attached: 1555044696722.png (433x493, 113K)

Attached: take.png (975x803, 940K)

I like the cover boxes. Reminds me of the good 'ol GOG library.

Valve is so fucking terrible when it comes to making a good ui

If you have more than 10 games on your steam library, then there is a problem with you, friend.

When is this shit going live? It leaked months ago.

I'll take it if you let me customize fucking everything and outright remove sections I don't need.
As if that's ever going to happen. They'll just bloat the shit out of it.

At least they finally got rid of the "news"feed, probably because all the websites featured there are too busy sucking Sweeney's cock.

>Mirror's Edge Catalyst is in there even though it's an Origin exclusive

Attached: 1542314093512.jpg (303x264, 8K)

if you don't want to have a list of many games on your steam account, then there is a problem with you, friend

Big images like that don't really work when you have hundreds of games.

There's still the same old game list on the left side of the screen.

Its why the list on the left is the same, and has built in shit instead of needing to get a third party thing to auto sort and categorize shit into subfolders for you

I'm so glad the news feed is gone. It was filled with garbage that had nothing to do with the game anyway.

New Vegas and Fallout 4 are pretty good. I'll give Rust a shot, I wouldn't mind replaying Dishonored sometime. Obra Dinn could be fun for a while. As for the rest, yikes, I hope none of it is past refund.

I wish they would keep it but only for community announcements from the devs
Having patch changelogs easily viewable was nice

That seems to be pretty much exactly what they have done.

Attached: 1537237202475.jpg (650x1172, 106K)

Oh, cool. For once Valve made a good UI decision.

Can't wait to see how many more fucking web helpers they can add in the background. Also the death of skins. Nice.

Hope it's not forced

>fancy new grid view to see game cover art
???????
it looks cluttered and like shit

Attached: be55bf528a0d164e8cb6ae71f9e720c0.jpg (1477x868, 709K)

Wait wasn't there a way to revert steam back to the old days?

Attached: 1501368699924.jpg (604x597, 32K)

>those narrow image dimensions
Why is Valve so hellbent on making grid view customization difficult?

left: a regular poster/cover art you could use in your grid, in case the publisher gives you a worse one
right: cropped to Valve's fucking bullshit aspect ratio

Attached: Untitled-6.jpg (700x530, 349K)

I'll be using Metro skin anyway, as I did so before

WILL IT HAVE PROPER FILTERING OPTIONS AND A TAG SYSTEM THAT DOESN'T FREQUENTLY DELETE YOUR SETTINGS?!?!?!?!?!

There's skins for Steam?

Attached: bladerunner2049_ryangosling_bloody_driving.jpg (1121x587, 41K)

45 mail man I must be very popular and got a lot of new items

That will likely all break once the update rolls out.

Who cares about this shit, I only have 3-10 games installed at a time, hide the rest and use search before installing.

Attached: 1523407882440.jpg (596x800, 52K)

>"THIS GAME MAY CONTAIN CONTENT NOT APPROPRIATE FOR ALL AGES,
OR MAY NOT BE APPROPRIATE FOR VIEWING AT WORK." Edit your preferences so you no longer get this warning for future products, promise :^)

Attached: 1554362040063.png (342x461, 139K)

Did you come from 2009 bro? Of course there are

Metro has always been fixed shortly after every update thankfully

Attached: metro.png (1457x937, 395K)

Normies who unironically use big screen mode on their 60 inch TVs

Library filtering, not store filtering.
I would even be okay with the regular old tags that we have now if they'd finally fix it so they don't get deleted every once in a while.
Having ~800 games is a fucking pain I tell you.

current steam UI is SO FUCKING BAD and aged that I would take literally anything barely functional over it.

they should hire the metro guy

Air classic is where it's at.

When

hell yeah brother

Soon™

this

switched to playnite, works better.

>launcher-launcher
yikes

They were working on this before EGS even became a store front.

Are you that retarded to think that the publisher wouldn't have properly sized and aligned covers of their games for this?

Did you not receive basic education or are you just really fucking stupid by nature?

>programs does something better
>"b-but I can't spare 200MB of ram to make my life easier!"
ramlets, when will they learn

>program does something better
But it doesn't. Lutris is the only third party launcher program that does anything useful and you would only need it if you wanted to play uplay, origin or epic crap on linux.

My life wouldn't have to be "easier" if the chinks would fuck off.

>Mirror's Edge Catalyst
>An origin exclusive somehow ended up in a showcase of a futute Steam library update preview
Is EA perhaps planning to ditch their own client in favor of Steam?

halo 4

Summer

>no rebuttal

Halo 4 is coming to Steam.

Attached: 198E9789-A2C6-4120-BF4C-4CBC28D6F740.jpg (750x1164, 219K)

nice

Attached: store.png (1904x978, 2.12M)

>4K Cortana titties
Praise Phil Spencer

ok, guys, give it to me straight. am i supposed to like this or not?

Who cares?
Everyone with a brain should have switched to Epic by now

Attached: 13b.gif (931x682, 426K)

How do i download it?

zoom zoom zoom, hey hey heeey

>customization
>poster/cover art YOU could use if you like it more than what the publisher gives
>HURRR U TINK DE PUBLIZHER WON'T RESIZE THEIR PICS??
Are you literally too much of a fucking animal to be able to read?

>inb4 pretending to be clinically retarded so you would call me a retard was my epic troll scheme all along xDD kek u mad

is there a launcher i can use for my pirated games?

>Your complete collection
>Mirror's Edge: Catalyst on Steam

What did GayBen mean by this?

Probably wouldn't have been so bad if they filtered out RPS

>wot i think about racism also [videogame name] so it shows up in the steam news feed

Halo 4 is hitting Steam with the Master Chief Collection, user.

That looks like utter shit kek

I give it a 5/10

It looks like whoever designed it never had a course on UI design and Human-Computer-Interfaces.

Attached: ShitUI.png (650x535, 507K)

this is why valve is incompetent, always missing the big picture.

Attached: big picture.jpg (902x507, 40K)

Wait is this a joke? It seems reversed to me

You don't have that customization now. Also from looking at your shit editing skills I'm 100% sure that the publisher would do a better job than you at it. Stop being a sperg.

looks like complete dog shit lol

wait, but mine doesn't look like that. it's still the old one

you motherfucker

This. Minimalist master race

But... The grid has been here for ages?

Attached: Capture.jpg (1909x978, 388K)

Yes, you do. You can use custom grid images. Stop being a mentally handicapped fucking animal who can't even read.

The grid is fucking useless for people with over 1000 games.

Yeah I've never used it, but why does he imply it's new or neat

This particular view is there to showcase what you can play based on suggestions. Newly picked up games, games you recently played, etc. and that's not your friends list, it's only the people that are playing something, so you can maybe decide if you want to go play something based on your friends. I'm 99% sure that it's going to be optional though. The complete collection is a cover view that you had to decide to either have that or the list on the left, now you have both, but with some extra features of ordering your games, instead of it just being alphabetically, like in the list. The library home button is the page that is shown right now. If you click on any game, you're taken to

A grid that replaces the left side list, and has no filters, no sorting, etc.

i'm not upgrading bros.
i've already turned disabled steam store, chat functions, i have backups of old versions of steam. If it comes down to it i'll just go offline mode forever and buy games from browser steam.
I'll be like one of those japanese soldiers who continues to hold out for 30 years in remote islands.

Attached: hiroo onoda.jpg (940x1209, 167K)

Attached: asdf.png (228x136, 13K)

How did you settle upon this arbitrary number of 1000, just out of curiosity?

Attached: 1478900397591.gif (499x367, 488K)

github.com/Theo47/depressurizer
steamcommunity.com/groups/depressurizer

>They're finally adding the ability to sort your library via genre

already done ages ago

You won't believe it user but i have exactly 1488 games

Attached: 1488.png (161x72, 10K)

But will Valve secure the existence of your library and a future for your games?

based

>But will Valve secure the existence of your library and a future for your games?

you can download and copy all your games onto another storage device and apply a crack, Valve keeping your game hostage only affects retards and normies

They are funding wine development and integrating it into the client itself so I'd say so. I can already play most of my windows exclusives without windows.

Looks like shit.

That's not a Steam Skin you moron, its the UI for the program to sort all the games.

I like it a lot

Is it possible to NOT have that?
Because that looks like ass to navigate through

>all that wasted screen space

Attached: F0122F75653E49E8874B6CD9C27B6E05.jpg (262x325, 10K)

Feels surreal someone would reach that number. Considering genre preferences, limited free time and having a semblance of standards, I think someone would struggle to find 500 worthwile games on Steam, let alone 1500.

Would you mind doing a quick count on how many games do you have more than 10 hours of playtime in?

The left side looks like it works the same and you can ignore the right side, which didn't exist before, completely. So what's the big problem you have?

I hate how everyone who thinks that epic is needed to ""fight"" steam ignores this fact. MS has the real monopoly and no one cares.

not him, but I have nearly 400 games on steam. Lots of freebies, humblebundles, and almost everything was bought during sales.

But plenty of people have that many games? It's all shovelware shit they got from $1 bundles and will never touch, is all. I have 444 games and there's probably only 100 or so I actually played.

most things i need one one side
no need for game covers

Attached: 14445124532.jpg (1430x1037, 723K)

so they just collect dirt cheap shovelware they have no intention of ever playing? poor people are weird

I hate phones so fucking much

>dark souls PTD uninstalled
>dark souls remaster installed
Disgust.jpg

Flip phones > smartshitphones

Well sometimes you just want one game in a bundle and you get 10 others for free
But yeah the people with 1k+ games just buy every single bundle they find just to get a big number

Attached: potato of culture.jpg (1280x720, 132K)

where's list view

Attached: unknown.png (1322x831, 125K)

Flip phones were the best versions of a portable phone. But today I'm spoiled by a pocket computer with a phone feature.

>It's fine
It looks like dogshit.
Almost like people sometimes just want a list of their games exclusively, not fucking news and updates and blogposts and featured nonsense and friends list integrated into the same window.
It's fine as it is, it does not need changed.

Does anyone unironically use this?

I need it to check how much space shitty games take up. Ark and FFXV were the worst offenders

Attached: Ark.png (474x399, 20K)

i have 600+ games and i use grid. this grid is objectively worse than the current grid, it simply shows you far less of what you want to see and instead fills space with useless shit you don't

>It's fine as it is
it absolutely is not.
the client is so fucking sluggish and unresponsive no matter what system you run it on.
It needs to be rebuilt from the ground up, it's just a shame they're going with such a shitty new design.

jesus

Holy shit. Does the game accidentally install itself 4 times or something?

Grid is for toddlers that need muh big images, detail has a lot of worthless garbage (like articles from ""game journalists""). List has everything I want and I've been using it since forever.

see

This is the true patrician view.

No it's not, you simply organize your list by recently played. You realise that's how most people do things right? People tend to play a few things until they finish them and move on.
And if you're browsing your entire list to find something to play, grid is far better to use than sidebar because despite being slower, you'll actually pay attention and take all the options in rather than skimming like a retard and ignoring half of them

I don't even know maybe, but i do know that Ark devs are retarded and have been that way since the beginning.

>They're finally adding the ability to sort your library via genre
Are you a fucking retard or what user?

Attached: W9MXbHb.png (413x751, 434K)

you can't access the store or community in small mode

steamcommunity.com/id/LightrianChaos/
steamdb.info/calculator/76561198070332389/?cc=us

Attached: Barrel-of_Doom.gif (66x66, 4K)

We're talking about the layout here, not it's performance user. It's fine as is in that regard

>still using steam
>when Epic exists

soulless and tiresome to look at, I like to keep things clean

Attached: 32535235.jpg (1727x985, 223K)

Attached: nug.jpg (474x355, 21K)

Now THIS is what I call a game library.
*sip*

Attached: 1551839487234.jpg (756x1182, 173K)

Why the fuck would you buy the worst kiwami and not 0?

>electron shit
enjoy having 20% cpu usage just by having steam open in the background

Heres a (you) I just posted some retards profile that was from Yea Forums that kept begging like a bitch

Attached: YOUR WELCOME by Skyler.jpg (540x405, 65K)

I just keep the installed games on display, silly donut.

Attached: 4235777.jpg (1727x945, 279K)

Attached: and then i return to small mode when done.png (875x431, 51K)

I can't even imagine having a computer so shitty you cant even run steam.

linuxfags

I'm fine with it, I like having games in a shelf layout like how GOG does it. Is the beta out yet?

this kill rps

Attached: ec7a9f23ea0c16070eddded33a1e45ae.jpg (492x328, 30K)

Based on Steam Hardware Surveys, there are still a fuckton of people on 10+ year old hardware and parts that could barely play something more demanding than Half Life 1.

Glad to see steam cancer is finally dying. So desperate they try to change the UI to look like modern stores.

These redesigns rarely have make it run good, as a goal or consideration.
Looking forward to scrolling hitches, long page load times, and cpu fan spinning up as the store page starts running 500 scripts.

Who has Gaming God (2K+) Games here on Steam?
Post your game amount here if you are above 2K

Anyone below are nothing but small time

Attached: Small time.jpg (225x225, 10K)

+1 joke points

Attached: 1553712245645.png (400x400, 159K)

I don't know, it's still the same old UI for me

>all those old school Lara

Attached: 1517568634779.jpg (534x664, 62K)

I hope they keep small mode

Steam

I legit thought this was the gog galaxy store. It dosen't look bad though I guess.

baste

>8 core 16 thread CPU with 16GB of ram and an nvme SSD
>steam still waste time restoring because of the shitty fade effects and loading the web client behind the scenes
it's shit user.

The only people who think this is a good idea have less than 50 games, sorting through all my shit would be a fucking pain in the ass.

Attached: 1488236962960.png (112x56, 9K)

I see a lot of people here making fun of it for looking like other home pages. I understand that complaint to an extent but I think you need to loo harder at why things are where they are.

>All the games at the top are your recently played games
Meaning when you start up steam you can just hit the giant icon at the top to continue whatever game you were last playing. This beats have to scroll or search for it
>games with updates right below that
I get why this is here as it’s helpful for developers with games that are constantly updating. The steam forums is great to have but I’ve always heard about the updates for MHW from third party sites and then checked the forum out. For those who don’t play service games hopefully you can remove or move it
>games showcasing actual box art instead of the steam unique wide art that developers usually just make cropped box art
This is something I always missed about digital and general and why is sometimes use the imperfect grid view on steam’s library. I like seeing the art for the game I’m clicking on its like having a digital shelf.
>the small nav is still the same size on the left as it was previously except now all the empty space is being used by quicker ways to get to the game you want
Self explanatory
>better filter options
Self explanatory. Makes the entire bottom half completely customizable.

Over all I’d say it’s a huge improvement.

Attached: 16E939E8-17CA-46BA-BB59-42D531083C60.png (327x591, 241K)

Do you not realize how much wasted space is in the current one?

That's because MS's monopoly is 100% deserved. They developed DirectX, and Windows is the only OS that isn't too autistic for anyone but the most autistic of autists to use (linux) or a gimpy mess like OSX

No it isn't, I don't use that console wannabe client, I pirate and buy the rare DRM free physical release PC gets. No client best client. Steam was the consolization of PC. Anyone that uses Steam or pays for digital distribution is a casual, not a real PC gamer, and is the cancer killing gaming.

but Mirror's edge 2 tho

I have over 1000 games and I avoid like 95% of game bundles that I come across. For probably the first 300 or so games, I didn't care too much about game quality but since then I don't even redeem games I get from bundles unless I've confirmed that they actually might be good by watching gameplay and checking reviews. Just the other day I redeemed like 100 keys from game bundles I had bought over the course of a year or two and left like 300 or more unredeemed because they looked like shit.

I just have really broad tastes. About the only genre I don't like is fighting games that aren't Smash Bros. 500 is a really low number for anyone who actually likes vidya, I could find 500 more desu.

Yeah that shit has so much empty space
I dunno what Valve are thinking

>Its why the list on the left is the same
Except it looks like shit now

What have they done to ARK to require that space?