Remember Tomb Raider?

Remember Tomb Raider?

Attached: 1511345777418.png (1500x1000, 1.74M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HArDU3UMJc8
youtube.com/watch?v=lVaIubv6uDs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

youtube.com/watch?v=HArDU3UMJc8

Attached: 1537935257655.png (418x418, 108K)

More like womb raider.

Remember them making 5 games of decreasing quality in the same dated engine then wondering why it sold like shit? Remember them following up with an unfinished rushed buggy mess sequel on Playstation 2?

>decreasing quality
But that's wrong. 3 was better than 2 and TLR was better than 3.
1>TLR>3>2>Chronicles

Attached: in-game-lara-croft-reference-photo.jpg (550x317, 66K)

I love my wife Rise Lara!

Attached: 1549294656630.jpg (1620x2880, 690K)

I never actually played it.

Attached: underwrold.jpg (792x326, 61K)

I would raid her tomb, if you catch my drift.

Attached: images (3).jpg (300x168, 6K)

3 out of 5 of those games were prime, and 3 out of 4 of the next gen games were decent. So calm down
all the 'reboots' since 2013 are trash so don't even mention them

Attached: Lara Comparison.jpg (4875x1300, 915K)

2 > everything

Attached: brap raider 1.webm (432x240, 2.36M)

'MEMBER BOBA FETT?

They're trash TR games but otherwise fun shooters.

Post more thighgap

If you are referring to the nu reboots, they are piss-poor Uncharted imitations.
Tomb Raider was one of my favorite franchises and they took a giant SHIT on the whole series starting with the 2013 reboot.

>thighgap
Give me a minute to sift through my folders.
For now, enjoy the doppleganger

Attached: Doppleganger.jpg (2818x2648, 1.04M)

imagine the smell

Attached: lara-croft-tomb-raider-boobs.jpg (1920x1200, 998K)

3 is in now way better than 2

I love TR as well, my favourite is last revelation.
But the reboots are fine as well. And no, they're nothing like Uncharted outside of having cutscenes and shooting elements. You'd know that if you actually played them.

Theres obviously DNA from the uncharted games that went into the development process but outside of scripted set pieces it doesn't have much in common, they're semi open world, Metroidvania's unlike Uncharted's linear design.

>DNA
journocucks get out

Half of TR2 is pure garbage and there's too much action.
TR3 had better, more sprawling levels and much more exploration. It's infinitely better than 2.

>And no, they're nothing like Uncharted

Attached: doubt_.jpg (200x303, 16K)

3 has just as much action as 2,
3 also has a bunch of really shitty levels mainly London

London is 3 levels vs 9 levels of garbage in TR2. Fuck off retard.

This, never seemed at all interesting.

>both have guns so dey same gaem

Attached: 1548878685014.jpg (635x542, 15K)

Which levels are garbage?

You're blind if you can't see that TR 2013 ripped Uncharted off

Venice levels
Oil Rig, Maria Doria etc.
The game basically gets good when you get to nepal

What does /k/ think about her guns?

You should play games before you shitpost about them and act like you onow what you're talking about

they'll deny that akimbo point shooting is a thing

Oh god

Attached: 9o2oYb2.jpg (437x404, 49K)

>Venice levels
You're retarded and we're done here.

Nigger I've played TR 2013 around 3 times, and I've lost count of how many times I've played through the Uncharted trilogy.
I think you're being purposefully ignorant, but If you honestly can't see the similarities then idk what to tell you other then get some fuckin glasses retard

>Me like shooty shooty levels with bad mechanics and terrible AI
Kill yourself and leave, reddit

2 and 3 were still fucking fantastic though

That theme is forever etched into my soul.
That and Prontera Theme from Ragnarok Online.

Remember Night Rider? Remember the Goonies? Remember when Eddie Murphy used to be in good movies?

Remember the Simpsons seasons 1 through 9? Remember logging into American online?

Nobody even noticed
rolling

Can you stop pretending like 3 doesn't have a fuck ton of shooting? London and Nevada are full of it.

Yeah but the shooting is better in 3

it's exactly the same

What

>my father, myself, my mother all used to have our own TR saves
>we used to race each other to the end of the game

We had fucking folders of paper where my dad had literally just printed off the entire PRIMA guide for each game

Also the flesh pyramid and enemies are fucking unnerving

(you)

>tfw no gaming family or friends

Attached: 2k.png (640x768, 434K)

All of PS1/2 still hurts just a little to look at for me.

Truly the best era.

what, all 3 ps1 games were about the same in quality; 2 was definitely better than 1 as well
also, legend, anniversary and underworld were great and had the best gameplay and controls in the series

outside of having more cutscenes than the previous games, and still nowhere near uncharted games; i have no idea how nu-tomb raider are supposed to be ripping off uncharted

>i have no idea how nu-tomb raider are supposed to be ripping off uncharted
You're a fool then

at least fucking give an argument, otherwise you're just some 'hurr durr, because i say so!' retard

The platforming and gunplay are borderline the exact same as Uncharted, the entire game just feels like Uncharted. Idk how you're honestly trying to argue this, how is it different?

Absolutely. I think what they've done to the series is a monumental disservice to it.

>That theme is forever etched into my soul.

Same...
The original Tomb raider was one of the first games I played on the PS. It was a blind purchase and I had no idea what it was about. I was blown away after completing it.

Sorry about the edited repost

user, I'm not the guy you replied to, but even I can see the similarity between the current/new Tomb raider and Uncharted. The differences are minuscule.

in what ways are they similar?

all of them

Not that guy but the gameplay is fucking identical cover shooter shit right down to the jumping animations. You seriously have to be blind not to see it

As the other user already mentioned in his post , in terms of platforming and shooting mechanics, as well as cinematic narrative/drive, its practically the same game with a different coat of paint. The differences are shallow at best. If you put Nathan Drake into Tomb Raider and swapped the story to fit his role, you could've told it's another Uncharted game and I would believe you.

retards

Damn, you sure proved them wrong

Amazing argument, user. You have certainly convinced me.

>it's the same
>it's the same
>it's the same
>it's the same
still not getting any actual examples
>Amazing argument, user. You have certainly convinced me.
not like you are giving any better arguments, ya fuckin dunce; he gave you a reply on the same level that you deserved

COPE

>
kek, he removed the comment while i was replying to him, let's see if he's trying to figure out an even better comeback

how do you prove two things are the same? there are no differences. if you can't see it then it's impossible to communicate with you. likely you are not arguing in good faith.

What is so different about NuRaider compared to Uncharted?

>no argument yet again
I accept your concession.

I'm glad that I've been so persistent with my waifufaggotry that there's others now who say that in any Lara thread.

this

>how do you prove two things are the same?
by explaining?
that's what adults do
>>it's ripping off uncharted
>how so?
>>nuhuh, the burden of proof is on you

TR2 hurt the serie so much

>not posting the best music and game
youtube.com/watch?v=lVaIubv6uDs

>kek, he removed the comment while i was replying to him, let's see if he's trying to figure out an even better comeback

user, I'm not interested 'Yo momma'-like rebuttals. If you perceive that as some kind of hesitation, then that's fine. I just don't see any reason to continue this discussion.

I might delete this post too, if I decide to

>how so?
You've been given multiple examples that you refuse to respond to, retard. Let me repost an example that you have yet to acknowledge-
>"The platforming and gunplay are borderline the exact same as Uncharted"

i just find it funny when people remove an anonymous post on fucking Yea Forums of all places

>sonic and mario are exactly the same since they can both jump and run fast
i haven't gotten any arguments, only "it's the same" opinions

You are mentally deficient

Kill yourself, retard.

Change your diaper

>no u
thank you for being a typical Yea Forumsirgin
why dont you just post one of those
memes as well, while you're at it?

seething

Seethe harder.
Reply to this post only if you're gay.

Attached: Bo Bandy 2.png (500x500, 142K)

Underworld wasn't even that bad

What are you guys on about? ROTR was really fun to play.

Faggot

Attached: 998.png (200x200, 17K)

I just started playing underworld and i love it checkmate !!

based cuck

Yes the best series ever turned shit.

No they were all increasing better quality with arguably no real competition on the same levels, as well as that easily one of the better made games on the PS1.
AOD was the fault of Eidos and Sony together, they would have been better off delaying it for Xbox original actually and then it would have been fine.

Also only nostalgia fags will say with a serious face that TR1 is the best, its not bad but its not better than anything that came after.

I love Uncharted (hate TR2013+ though).
Its actually 100% obvious TR copied Uncharted. Not saying copying is bad, a certain degree is healthy and TR was also copied by Uncharted, but 2013 most certainly copied Uncharted. There's no doubt about it. Its the formula mostly, its trying to mimic how it plays out pretty heavily even with the pacing etc.

They are different but you'd be an idiot to not see 2013+ has been trying to mimic it.

there needs to be a spin of series with the doppleganger

hehehe don't worry, I won't anyone your secret, you sissyboi~

Attached: N8JQ3DAG69.jpg (650x650, 96K)

Dated engine, yes. But the truly bad game was 5, the game literally slapped together in less than a year with unused assets due to eidos faggotry.

Only truly bad game, I mean.