5 mins in and I've got 2 questions:

5 mins in and I've got 2 questions:

1 - Will the whole game be Doom 3 flashlight style?

2 - Is it normal for Zombies to take 5 head-shots?

Attached: resident-evil-2-box-art-01-ps4-us-12dec18.jpg (1200x1600, 482K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/qpNDasmU
nexusmods.com/residentevil22019/mods/82
strawpoll.me/17808605
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

yes and just 5? some of them took shitton and never died for me.

5 headshots was intended to male the game less about mad no scope skillz

>Is it normal for Zombies to take 5 head-shots?
it's randomized in a sort of complex way. just focus on stunning and only killing if you have to. this is a traditional zombie game where you're supposed to kill everything

Steady your aim before you shoot, if your reticle is open don't even bother.

It can take over 15 headshots.

OP here. So basically you're supposed to 'stun'-shoot them only once to run past them? What a shitload of fuck. This is not what I expected.

Attached: 1543434910316.jpg (640x480, 73K)

There is no law saying headshots have to kill zombies. Look at the evidence before your eyes. If it takes many shots to kill zombies when you aim at the head, the correct conclusion is that they are ineffective and new strategies should be attempted. The wrong conclusion is saying "the game is wrong".

Can I install a mod to kill zombies with one head-shot? I get scared easily and don't want to get surrounded by ten niggers who can't die.

Resident evil 4 baby zoom zoom detected.

Doom 3 flashlight style is holding either the flashlight or the gun, not both. Go play Doom 3, you stupid shit.

what would possibly be the threat if you could kill them in 1-hit? kek

Imagine being this pussy
Just go back to RE4, faggot

>shooting an enemy five times in the head to kill them is good game design

>zoom zoom detected
I'm 34 and only played the original RE when it came out, and it definitely didn't take a fucking barrel full of bullets to kill a zombie.

Your mother is a whore.

Attached: Screen Shot 2016-08-21 at 14.51.55.png (734x553, 386K)

Aim until your crosshair gets smaller, you'll do more damage that way.

Play the original RE2, if you tried to kill everything you would run out of ammo and get rekt
Fuck off

isn't the RE2 original a bad example here? I always heard it threw way too much ammo at you and that you could kill everything. unlike the 1st game

Headshots do the same damage as bodyshots in this game.

However, headshots have a random chance of being an insta-kill. If you wait for your reticle to shrink the chance for a headshot kill is higher.

Attached: piss pepe.jpg (303x566, 40K)

Here is a fancy pastebin that would help you out damage values.

From a RE2 speedrunner

pastebin.com/qpNDasmU

Attached: F5F4475B-977C-44B7-8E67-2CF524FEC1D9.jpg (600x600, 51K)

>that 34 year old zoomer who still sucks at video games

Yikes!

>dynamic difficulty
Objectively garbage game design.

pre flashlight patch doom 3 was horror. post FS patch doom 3 was a random fps. really activates your almonds

Doesnt it take 7-12 bullets to kill a zombie in the original?

stop playing games on journalist mode you tard

>game challenges you at any skill level
I don't see the problem. Git Gud, shitter

You have no clue what you're talking about. Just like this user says the original RE2 has some of the worst resource balance of any game that has guns. You can murder everything you see with the most inefficient strategy possible and you'll still be left with plenty of ammo to spare. The last time I played Leon B I ended the game with two magnum mags, 75 shotgun shells and over 200 handgun rounds left.
The remake doesn't give you nearly as much ammo.

Nice bait, go play the game again you fucking retards

No, you're just wrong. Take your own advice.

shoot there legs idiot, then stab them with a knife

Get good

Attached: claire_face_pale1.jpg (790x722, 93K)

If you play relatively smart you can body every zambino on "standard". It's much harder than the original where you are a walking arsenal but you can do it. But again it's not necessary.

- Will the whole game be Doom 3 flashlight style?
Yes.
>2 - Is it normal for Zombies to take 5 head-shots
Five?
Try FIVETEEN or more.

>Doesnt it take 7-12 bullets to kill a zombie in the original?
Sometimes, but those were all body shots.
Head shots were established to be insta-kills, and decapitation was easy.

Stop listening to zoomer's memes. They try anything in order to shitstain the classics and try to use that as a way to rise nu-RE above them.

Those feggits who said killing is unneccesary are faggots, kill everything, especially on tight corridor. Come mr.x and you see why you need to kill and barricade everything.

If you're only using the starter pistol, then yes. Magnum, shotgun, and grenade launcher can take zombies out in one, and so long as you don't miss half your shots and actually look for ammo you'll do fine with them. Stun 'n' run is more for speedrunning when you're going in with a plan rather than exploring.

nu-Crapcom literally dug their own grave by trying to remake a classic game while simultanously trying to appeal the casual zoomer-shooter fans. They tried to ""simulate"" the classic REs' slower, tactical style with the Doom3-darkness and bulletsponge enemies, but the end result was obviously a black&grey mess that's slog to play.

Ironically, the steel-skull enemies are the LEAST of this POS de-make's issues. They totally botched the replay value as well, by making the A & B routes have no real differences. Many areas were also downgraded or outright cut.

Nah, you cna kill every single zombie and enemy in game and still have ammo left over, just be smart, use the knife when you can, and shotgun blast to the face with leon, dont kill lickers if you dont have to
If you explore and dont miss half your shots you will be fine even on hardcore, on hardcore rout B you need to save up a bit ammo for the additional boss in the real ending

In standard mode you can kill every zombie and end up with lots of spare ammo, in hardcore mode you’re gonna struggle with resources in the beginning if you’re trying to neutralize them all immediately and boss fights will pretty much empty your saved ammo

It’s literally just like RE1 Chris and Jill routes now, are you implying RE1 is not replayable?

Yeah, zombies are much more durable now. It's better to kneecap them and run away.

Where mah Rebecca posters at?

>1 - Will the whole game be Doom 3 flashlight style?
Not really
>2 - Is it normal for Zombies to take 5 head-shots?
Yes.
The point is that since its easier to line up headshots, you will have greater difficulties actually killing zombies.
Effectively the game is telling you to think about your shots and whether or not you will be coming back to that specific area.
In general running past and just temporarily disabling is superior to actually killing. Because there are other better things to spend your bullets on.
Don't be stingy but don't waste time or ammo.

That's not the point, you jackass.
ORIGINAL RE2 had tons of variation between the A & B routes, plus the whole zapping system to further tie them together. Different routes also could have differing story segments.

Nu-RE2 has NONE of that. Even on B route, you face the exact same bosses as on A, and whether you play as one character on A or B route does not matter - you see the exact same plot points and events, period.

Or you can just knock them down and go to town on them with the knife till they die that would be the best approach
Shoot them in the leg to down them quicker or headshots will work just as well except blasting off a leg keeps them down

>So basically you're supposed to 'stun'-shoot them only once to run past them?
That's only if you care about Ranks. The rating system of this game is all fucked up. The game doesn't care how proficient you are at using every resource to maximize your survival. All that matters is that you rush through as quickly and recklessly as possible. When you play smart you have enough ammo. When you play for score you don't have time to spend any ammo.

stage 4 birkin is Claire only, Alligator and Super Tyrant are Leon only, Sherry orphanage segment, Ada extended segment etc. Remake is much better.

You can install a mod that takes all the enemies out of the game and you just have a leisurely stroll to the credits.

>knife destroyed after two zombies

yeah, no

>"demake"
Hi, Michael.

Attached: JUST.png (916x509, 601K)

I don't remember which achievement it was but you get an indestructible knife with one of them. It wasn't even difficult.

>using bonus weapons in arguments

:/

Might as well tell them to just 360 no scope with samurai edge albert wesker version

Well since you can use infinite bonus weapons to achieve S+ rank I'd say that either the challenges are a joke or the bonus weapons are supposed to be used.

Both Re1 and RE2 threw a lot of ammo st you. It only felt scarce the first time through. After testing it a few times you would up with a good surplus each playthrough.

The unbreakable knife is the only infinite bonus weapon you can use to get an S+ rank. Any other ones will lock it to a max of S

1 - yes

2 - you're not meant to kill them all, one shot to the head or leg and run past

why does the game become so boring after the police station? I'm at the sewers and I don;t feel like picking up the game again

I think the remake did a much better job making the sewer sections actually less boring than they were in the original game. G embryos being an actual enemy with mechanics of their own was a massive improvement over them being a shitty snail pace boss that spits annoyance and sewers being filled with spiders with such awful AI that it's impossible to be challenged by them.

So mad lol

Attached: 1552640648080.gif (256x274, 3.26M)

I shitposted against the game like mad but I still bought it since Yea Forums said it was "soooooo good". And the only RE game's I played were 4, for 5 minutes, and 5, for 20 min.

I think it's because your choices in engagements matter in the RPD but that's greatly reduced in Sewers/Lab.
You don't have to backtrack much at all, you don't have Mr.X evaluating your clearing ability and you totally throw out boarding up windows etc.

The pacing would be fucked and the big nostalgia fags would be upset but making the Lab be just as complex as the RPD and reducing the Sewers to a small traversal segment would probably work better.

No, kill selectively. Clear out high traffic areas, open rooms with island obstructions in the middle are made for kiting the enemies.

Sewers are fine as-is, but a longer factory/NEST segment would have been a big improvement.

knife lasts fine unless you're a retard who uses them for defense

>it definitely didn't take a fucking barrel full of bullets to kill a zombie.
Then you didn't actually play any of the old games. No, really, go look up a video or something.

Attached: becca_face_concerned_3.jpg (500x568, 33K)

>are you implying RE1 is not replayable?
RE1 has multiple endings, and multiple different variations of many scenarios that can play out depending on you play.
RE2 2019 has nothing of the sort, and compared to RE2's two actually differently playing Leon and Claire campaigns, it's an utter downgrad.e

>Remake is much better.
No, it really is not.
You've clearly never even played RE2 and don't thus know what you are missing.

>Zapping system
>That 1 locker with a weapon

Attached: becca_face_unimpressed3.jpg (354x390, 25K)

You're not supposed to do anything except play the fucking game. I kill zombies all the fucking time, in hardcore.

Just wait for your reticle to shrink and you have increased damage and headsplat chance. Kill what you want/can. Run from the rest. Save ammo. Be efficient. It's not rocket science.

It is NOT a zombie game where you kill everything. I killed with pretty good efficiency and got quite far. But ran out short of ammo around the kennels and completely out by the next lurkers. Don't kill unless you have to.

>1 - Will the whole game be Doom 3 flashlight style?
No

>2 - Is it normal for Zombies to take 5 head-shots?
Yes

Attached: 1DB9DE70-44C2-4CBE-9C4A-F582E3F37219.jpg (588x600, 119K)

Only if you’re going for S+.

It’s easy to kill everything even on hardcore, but unlike the original you do have to be somewhat careful with ammo expenditure during some points rather than just shoot everything immediately

REmake 2 is a much better game overall, you're only specifically looking at the stuff it's lacking instead of all the improvements and things it excels at. You couldn't have a more biased opinion about this. OG RE2 is a fantastic game but overrated as fuck.

Attached: RE2 First Play - Score comparison.jpg (1136x944, 329K)

1. No, some areas are well lit. You will be seeing that flashlight come up from time to time throughout the game, though.
2. No, the zombie in the gas station goes down a little easier than most because you don't have a choice but to fight him with your pistol.

Did you buy the game new or used?

What I hate about NEST is how it's such a missed opportunity. For example when Black Mesa remaked the facility from Half-Life 1, it kept most of the playable layout intact but added areas outside the player's accessible space to expand the scope of the facility. So that a huge theoretical physics laboratory complex wasn't just one office and two computer rooms. NEST didn't do any of that. There's only one door in the entire complex that the player can't enter and that's the only place that could possibly have more of the lab in it. Otherwise what do you have? A cafeteria, a garden, a tiny chemical and cryogenic lab and a tiny empty main lab room? It's pathetic and it looks and feels even more like just another vidya level than the original did. Not a real place.

And a side bag.
And the Culture Room -lock system.
And the BOW gas feature.

But sure, do make it more apparent that you've never even touched the original game, and love to play an apologist for a shitty, lazy game design, enabling THE most anticipated "remake" to not actually expand and improve jack shit, like the first REmake did.

>REmake 2 is a much better game overall,
The hell it is. It's generic as fuck, streamlined and casual 8th gen third person shooter, made for folks who despise classic, adventure game-ish RE games.

>you're only specifically looking at the stuff it's lacking instead of all the improvements and things it excels at.
I do not need to "look" for them, as the flaws are so fucking obvious and glow in your face.
There's not a jack shit that the de-make would improve, unless polycount is everything that matters to you.

>instead of all the improvements and things it excels at
Go on?

>s.t.a.r.s gang goes out for regular drinks.
>hey, lets bring the new recruit guys! (We will have to buy her drinks...)
>at work, rebecca is a cute teenager, helpful, caring and honest. And boy oh boy smart (maybe as smart as the captain...)
>when Rebecca is out of work though, she kinda dressess like... A hoe (as jill likes keeps pointing out to all of us)
>wearing red leather crop top and studs
>everytime rebecca drinks too much
>is way to loud
>snorts like a pig when she laughs at forrests rude jokes (hes gonna try it man i swear)
>cries when she drops her deli food at the end of the night.
>dissapears with two nerdy guys about her age, after thry buy her new food.
>the two lads now have an annoyingly drunk naked tomboy in their flat
>she lets them both cum all over her hair face and tits at the same time (obviously) moaning to herself about some guy called (alfie? Albert? Her... boss?)
>next day
>rebecca back at work being super cute and helpful like nothing happened.
>this is every month

Attached: BB8AA27F-EB5C-4F3C-B42E-EC2359A43274.jpg (199x148, 18K)

>It's generic as fuck, streamlined and casual 8th gen third person shooter, made for folks who despise classic, adventure game-ish RE games.
If you play on Hardcore it's as RE as anything. They just gave the normies an easier mode so that they wouldnt alienate half of the customers they so desperately need. Pretty good compromise, imo. I get to have a kino RE experience, but noobs get a taste as well and maybe become real RE fans from it.

Consider the zombie's head its base damage zone. On initial standard, you deal about 150 damage per shot. Hardcore's closer to 95. And the damage scales down as the zombie takes damage. Zombies tend to have between 700 and 1100 health, although some are notably weaker. So yeah, outside of critical headshots, expect to spend at least 5 bullets on a kill.

>kill everything in the game on hardcore
>beat it with well over 100 rounds of pistol and several dozen shotgun rounds left
dont listen to these retards saying to floor zombies, theres more than enough ammo to kill everything

>REmake 2 is a much better game overall,
Suuure, if you wanna ignore things like:

>A and B scenarios are literally the same
>no Zapping
>numerous areas missing, many remaining sections' importance diminished
>barely any street sections
>half of enemy types missing, technically no new types
>missing weapons
>Tyrant's now just a time-wasting road block
>graphics are "grey + black", environments all just "dark corridor"
>mission objective reminders and button prompts added just so that people would not have to explore and think for themselves
>literal fucking crosshair + no wobbly aim
>Ink Ribbons and manual saving is HC-only, because casual nu-target audiences hate tension in horror vidya
>Can't examine environments and get flavor text, making the surroundings even more flat and static backdrops
>All enemies (besides dogs) are huge bullet sponges for no reason
>Ada's fooling around with some blatant BatHam -tier gadgets that don't fit the game
>neither does Sherry's wannabe Outlast -segment
>Croco-boss diminished into a Crash Bandicoot setpiece instead of a proper boss
>Crane bossfight is gimmicky as fuck, and has too small fighting area
>new OST and sound effects are lame / totally nonexistent
>Kendo and Bren triviliazed out of existence
>Claire was turned into a Goblina-tier uggo.
>paid DLC wave, none which even fix anything in the game
I could go on.

>If you play on Hardcore it's as RE as anything. They
t. zoomer who's never even played RE1-3
And no, it's not a "fine compromise" on any level. The game is not balanced in any way for HC, but it is the only difficulty anyone older than 5yo would not feel embarrassed playing on.

Delete this

Attached: becca_face_smug1.jpg (400x400, 34K)

>Ok Sherry, here he comes. Now remember what I told you to say

Attached: clairexsherry1b.jpg (1924x1432, 551K)

Attached: DB97057B-4EF3-480F-8127-A8A60B975874.jpg (2397x3509, 1.62M)

We're all forgetting that RE7 is the best survival horror game of all time.

RE2 is one of the worst balanced games ever made with its gigantic amounts of ammo it keeps shoving into your every orifice. And RE3 is deliberately unbalanced because instead of having levels that were crafted to hold specific resources for the player's convenience, it has a dynamic resource system that spawns stuff in set item locations regardless of whether the actual threats in the level were designed around those resources or not. If you want to compare the balance in these games, then RE2 Remake is a close second to REmake

>and who is this?
>this is Sherry Leon
>*snarks*.... ok?

what the FUCK was his problem

lmao what a tryhard fag this is. he makes like 3/10 good points and thinks he's a PhD for it.

yes yes

you have a limit on how many health items you use in the original's ranking system. that said the remake does some things better but not having the true B play-throughs is a huge downgrade

>RE7 is the best survival horror game of all time.

Attached: jillvoth_laugh_10.jpg (589x553, 53K)

>>graphics are "grey + black", environments all just "dark corridor"

the concept art is so much better than the in game visuals, is it possible to crank your brightness up enough that it looks decent?

Not him, but do you really want people respond to you point by point?
Because your whole argument is
>things are not the same, therefore its worse
making the fallacy that its not a better game in its own regard.
Also many of your points are retarded and grasping at straws.

Some of the most flawed:
>half of enemy types missing, technically no new types
Irrelevant when many of those enemy types were jsut reskins with exactly the same stats. A regular licker in this game is more varied in behavior and threat than the types in the original put together.
This doesn't even make any sense when in the original you just had to point on a flat surface to shoot.
What is balancing. if they weren't your complaint would be the same one. The amount of ammo it takes to down an enemy is pretty much perfect in regards to progression and tension/ammo conservation.
As opposed to a time-wasting road block that could be cheesed even harder in the original and only showed up occasionally?
Literally not true.

Grasping at straws or obvious bullshit that needs to getting into:
>everything else
Its fine being the minority. Its fine saying you dont like somehing as much as others. But its retarded to try to convince everyone that its you who's right and everyone else who's wrong.

what do you want from RE:8? Personally I'd like them to take inspiration from 1 and give you a bunch of new characters, different playthroughs, etc. Don't mind if it's dark to make up for the lack of tank controls. Some Code: Veronica style creepiness would be welcomed as well, and in fact I think that's where they're going with The Connections and Eveline plotline.

100% agreed.

>no Zapping
Meme shit that's barely relevant. "muh ingram locker"

>areas missing, importance diminished
Hardly matters when the overall original game is shorter anyway.

>barely any street sections
Pretty much the same amount as the original, just in different order.

>half of enemy types missing
Spiders and moths were always shit anyway. CV is the only game that made them remotely thratening, but still annoying as fuck.

>missing weapons
RE2 - 14 weapons
RE2make - 21 weapons
Cut the shit weapons, improved most of them and added more.

Same as always.

>graphics are "grey + black"
Art style preferance is subjective, i'm not even gonna try to argue with you about this.

>mission objective reminders and button prompts added just so that people would not have to explore and think for themselves
Yeah because "Rescue Ada", "And Find the medallion" are very descriptive.

Oh yeah because the big-ass cone auto aim shooting from the original was such a hard mechanic for hardcore gamers as ourselves right?

>Ink Ribbons and manual saving is HC-only, because casual nu-target audiences hate tension in horror vidya
Then play on HC-only you absolute retard, why do you care about anyone else? Fuck, i could play og RE2 on easy and get an infinite SMG, does that trigger you?

>Can't examine environments and get flavor text
Yeah because those generic "Nothing interesting here" and "It's a bookcase, with books", are sooo neccesary and dearly missed things. You don't need that shit when you have a closer and more camera freedom to inspect things yourself.

Are we talking OG or Remake?

>Ada's fooling around with some blatant BatHam -tier gadgets that don't fit the game
Fair enough.

>neither does Sherry's wannabe Outlast -segment
Better than box pushing simulator.

Attached: RESIDENT EVIL 2® PC.jpg (960x720, 201K)

>Croco-boss diminished into a Crash Bandicoot setpiece instead of a proper boss
The original felt like a proper boss to you? No wonder you have such a shit taste.

>Crane bossfight is gimmicky as fuck, and has too small fighting area
Literally git gud.

>new OST and sound effects are lame / totally nonexistent
That's your opinion man, OG tries a creepy sountrack approach and Remake tries a creepy sounds and atmophere. Neither is objectively better than the other.

>Kendo and Bren triviliazed out of existence
>implying they were even relevant before

>Claire was turned into a Goblina-tier uggo.
Another opinion.

>paid DLC wave, none which even fix anything in the game
Fix what? The game isn't

>The game is not balanced in any way for HC, but it is the only difficulty anyone older than 5yo would not feel embarrassed playing on.
Post your scores, i'm genuinely curious.

Attached: Resident Evil 3_15.jpg (955x714, 117K)

REmake 1 is a repetive slog with obtuse puzzles that are more annoying than fun and filled with tedious backtracking through doors that take five seconds to open. I've been replaying REmake trying to like it, but it's just not fun to play. There's very little actual challenge as aiming is done automatically. The game has good atmosphere, but unfortunately overall the game lacks replay value.

Strangly, it's considered the best RE title by Yea Forums.

>it's a blue herb

Attached: Kornheiser_Why1.jpg (288x499, 33K)

I like RE7 but I can't argue against the fact that the puzzles in that game are atrocious, with the singular exception of a literal puzzle level that the protagonist needs to learn to cheat in to stand a chance at winning.

>Hardly matters when the overall original game is shorter anyway.

how does that matter? I'd rather 30 minutes with pic related over an hour with Roseanne

Attached: Christina-Hendricks.jpg (980x1471, 143K)

>Yeah because "Rescue Ada", "And Find the medallion" are very descriptive.

still takes away from the suspense, small things like that are huge in survival horror

>Head shots were established to be insta-kills
You couldn't do that with a pistol outside of RNG luck though iirc?

>still takes away from the suspense
You can't be serious, you're told on both games what to do to progress, how is that suspenseful to you? The only difference is that in the remake the text is permanent in the pause menu.

it just feels like hand-holding is my point

Which one is it? Are you offended that the game would condescend to you thinking that you're an idiot who can't figure out something like that by themselves, or are you actually a retard who is mad about the game spoiling something that you should have had to figure out and you would have enjoyed the single braincell challenge of discovering the obvious?

What are you talking about exactly?

>Are you offended that the game would condescend to you thinking that you're an idiot who can't figure out something like that by themselves

yes, that is a small but annoying thing. it doesn't ruin the game but it'd be better without it.

Oh nvm. I know what you're talking about. RE7 is the best of the big four RE games: REmake, REmake 2, RE4, and RE7. RE7 stands alone as a thoroughly unique experience with a pacing that makes negligible all the objectively weak points. It's the best RE.

herro wourd you rike some DEHC

I disagree with you on a few issues. Firstly I don't think RE4 bing bing wahoo belongs on that list. Secondly RE7's biggest problem is that it's first person exclusive even in cutscenes, and Capcom are not skilled enough to properly develop characters in a story when their cinematic production is artificially limited like that. Resident Evil games need at least some parts of them to be freely directed. A lesson that RE7 learned after the main game which is why Not A Hero ended up having traditional cutscenes.

should I play 5 or 6? the huge flaws they supposedly have kept me from playing

Maybe just watch the cutscenes from the menu with nude mods installed

Blah blah blah. RE7 is the best RE title.

wut? 7 has you caring more for your family than any nu-male TPS where you have to escort some kid around.

>Will the whole game be Doom 3 flashlight style
adjust your brightness
>Is it normal for Zombies to take 5 head-shots?
yes, that's why you run, use different weapons if you don't have a lot of ammo and/or time, or go for the legs instead.

5 is fun with friends

you're lying about something or you only played on easy.
>Your mother is a whore.
I'm guessing both the age and playing on release.

>nu-male TPS where you have to escort some kid around.
That's a really long way of saying RE4

you're the dude that made that strawpoll thread a week or so back aren't you?

You don't have to do that. My brother didn't and managed pretty well. I left most zombies in the police station alive though, and just stun-shot a knee or head occasionally.

I'm not gonna spend my time waiting for my friends with jobs to show up, can I beat it SP?

RE4 is a good game in its own right but in terms of the best pure survival horror game, REmake 1 is just antiquated poopoo. I prefer REmake 2. It doesn't have the annoying doors that each take five seconds to open. It doesn't have vast amounts of ridiculously obtuse puzzles. REmake 2 is just a more solid experience.

Someone explain to me what makes REmake 1 so good.

Yep. I'm still trying to understand what makes REmake 1 the favorite RE title here. I've been playing it and talking about it here ever since. Explain.

You are stuck in a haunted zombie Mansion with this cute tomboy.... How do you survive?

Attached: becca_runtowards.webm (1920x1080, 246K)

>Rebecca
>tomboy
Not compared to almost any other RE female

>REmake 1 is just antiquated poopoo. I prefer REmake 2

Attached: 2BF02A51-E012-4509-AD03-BE3CBBB43322.png (360x360, 21K)

New

Yeah you can. Just don't go in expecting more than a RE4-style shooter with an AI partner though.

>Explain
remake1 encapsulates the origins of the series in the best way, has a shitload of replayability on top of already switching up the og game a decent amount, has really memorable developments that can fuck you up big time, has great atmosphere with the graphics and not sacrificing the FCA and tank controls.
it really expertly makes use of the inventory as well as enemy placement and spawns. if you play the game a few times and pay attention then you should notice it pretty easily.
the game is what modern survival horror should be trying to emulate, at least on a core design level.

Who you calling antiquated?

Attached: jillremake_walkie2.jpg (707x512, 52K)

Woah its almost like they're actually undead and not just a blood balloon that you can pop with one shot

I actually plan on playing RE4 first, I for whatever reason didn't play it at the time and still haven't. It's obviously #1 on my backlog but i figure it can't be that good.

there's a reason everyone laughed at your list of the big 4 RE games.

Well there's a big lift, maybe there are more floors.

Shields are amazing though

Only nostalgiafags. No one votes in polls with all the games listed.

Just get close

Do you have any proofs? I only recall doing it with the shotgun

Attached: 1543638405146.png (600x600, 41K)

yeah but they're the reason you shouldn't use anything but spray to heal yourself. there's literally no poison other than one easy section. Maybe it's some FROM style of griefing but I think adding some more poison enemies would help. Maybe Tyrant doing something to poison you would work.

>not enjoying the free poison immunity
>not enjoying the free damage resistance buff
>not keeping a red herb on you so if you run into a blue herb you can combine it even if your inventory is already full

Attached: 1377063745099.png (522x513, 39K)

>Only nostalgiafags
I only played through the series in the past 5 years or so. your poll was a joke.

The plant fuckers used to poison you in the original didn't they? Maybe they're tough enough as is.
Poison doggies maybe.
I don't even really know what poison does in game, I never died from it.

I killed almost everything except When I was being chased and running for my life and had no time and got a high grade blind on first playthrough. People who tell you to conserve ammo and shit are just bad, because you have never had to do that this entire series.

Biggest tip

The game has dynamic difficulty adjustment. If you shoot a lot of bullets but don't kill things, you will get bullets, but if you kill a lot of things, you will get less bullets, so if you want to rambo you have to git really good.

You're better off with this
nexusmods.com/residentevil22019/mods/82

Attached: kisspng-backstreet-boys-musician-boy-band-dont-go-breakin-ampquot-5ba3fda371d918.3815240315374739554 (1024x576, 370K)

kys

Start caring about Claire

Attached: claire_grenade1.jpg (1204x903, 242K)

>knifes should broke from 2 enemies

you can definitely kill everything, but I think conserving ammo is still good advice for a first playthrough, and definitely for people not used to the series. more so because using the right gun/ammo for the situation is incredibly more useful than just pumping it full of lead till it dies, just to be put in a bad spot later.
u first scrub

just pull the pin and be done with it

Oh I care

Attached: 146-1554538095-2081479390.png (1920x1080, 2.72M)

>nu-Crapcom literally dug their own grave
>sold millions of copies
>reviews were stellar
>received universal praise
What glass dick are you smoking on Frankenstein? The re2make was a massive success by every metric short of "what do whiny faggots on Yea Forums think".

I already do though. Claire is wonderful.

Attached: 1552958714048.jpg (1000x1080, 244K)

Cute and nu-canon

Attached: 1113.png (846x1024, 1.09M)

yeah it works for mixing but you don't actually need it outside of going to get the chess pieces

The origins of the series is they didn't even initially want to make fixed camera angles, but came up with it due to technology limitations. That's fine, but it just feels dated. Not to mention the combat is unsatisfying and for me personally after growing up I never felt tension in the world because the camera angles always give me this impersonal feel like I'm watching a movie and not playing a game. Also box usage essentially is just nothing more than a chore.

the girl in Irons office is hotter tbqh

Attached: claire redfield.jpg (354x470, 25K)

I'm baffled how bad some of you zoomers are. My first playthrough I did essentially a kill everything run. 1 shotgun shell = 1 headless zombie. 25 shells and you've killed like every zombie in the police station. Unless you waste ammo like a retard you'll be literally swimming in it.

Nobody said that before you replied.

You came here with an opinion wanting to complain. Play it your way you fucking loser.

Claire doesn't even have a shotgun you fucking retard

it's literally 8 hours later from when he posted that you fucking idiot, probably an Aussie shitposter on top of it

Attached: 1414280001168.jpg (444x444, 54K)

Good, all i care about really, i want as many people to support this game as possible, thanks for the contribution, you can uninstall it now or whatever.

I don't care? The thread is still up you brainlet.

I can reply whenever I want. What a stupid hill to die on.

Attached: clairexleon_201.jpg (737x1024, 236K)

you don't actually need it period, if you're good enough, but you know when mixed with red it gives a flat out regular damage reduction buff. so if a zombie grabs you with it active you take less damage.

I didn't think it felt dated. I liked it, because it added to the suspense and the devs let the player focus exactly where they wanted to.
the licker in the 1-way mirror room in 2 was so much better in the original game than in the remake because of FCA.

Updated this one. Ada leveled up.

Attached: new.png (1152x1152, 1.56M)

I care about her daughter more.

>implying you wouldn't a lisa

1. No

2. Yes. Dont be a retard

Salty boomer

God this game is such a filter for zoomers who only play the same games the same way everytime.

1. Yes
2. They took like 10 for me
Overall I was disappointed by the RE2 remake, prefer most RE games over it.

This is how the game creates a rough facsimile of the original's challenge. In the original, you can aim to a small degree at a lethal zone but it's mostly up to chance. In the new game, if they relied solely on player skill which is something more inherent to third-person shooters, which the game is, you'd blast through zombies ala RE4-6 and the tension of having 3 or 4 zombombulons closing in on you (like the original) would be replaced with a goofy, anxiety-free power fantasu (like RE4-6). It's introducing an element of the original's RNG, while still providing incentive to slow down and aim carefully. IMO it's a very smart way to remake the game in this style, better than the alternative which would be to starve you of supplies.

Attached: WITH THA NON STOP POP POP AND STAINLESS STEEL.webm (994x560, 2.9M)

Gameplay loop
>safe area
>need to go to x room for item / objective
>plot the route based on layout / other items / enemies en route
>resource (read: risk) management, more items = less risk but less free inv. space
>leave safe area, attempt route
>modify route if required (e.g. take too much damage, got lost, encountered mr x)
>die or reach safe area
>repeat process
With that in mind, killing zombies factors in as a risk/reward mechanic. Kill a zombie now and the current area is permanently safer, but you have less ammo for future encounters. Just hitstun a zombie and run, and you've expended far less ammo for temporary safety, but this area is still just as dangerous next time you have to traverse it.
How successfully the game pulls this off is up for debate, but the above is the core unique selling point of the gameplay.

Attached: Resident Evil 2 biohazard Re2 2019.02.02 - 22.21.01.35.DVR.webm (994x560, 2.71M)

For me it's Claire

Attached: 1555045850602m.jpg (1024x740, 57K)

I can't read Chinese. Why is she crying?

>Natalia is a rank "sexier" on the scale than Sherry

what the actual fuck

Attached: EF41BB2A-0973-42D8-B38F-11FD65A1C1B5.png (528x495, 61K)

Poor Sherry man. Look at the state of her. You could see how desperately sick she was.

Attached: EA9B1DA2-925E-469A-B398-E1539395A877.jpg (500x419, 46K)

if you remove an enemy's leg or an arm, the areas are also safer forever, just not as much as if the enemy was dead

1. yes, but you can use both at the same time like in BFG
2. Yes, even more, but rather than killing make your objective to get past them by shooting them in the kneecaps

THen kneecap them, nigger. THey won't be dead, but they sure as hell will be less a nuisance.

this, they'd have to keep you constantly walking around with just 2-3 bullets if a headshot was an insta-kill

>zombie
>dying
HEUhEHUHheUEH

What? Oh! OHHH NOOOOOOOOO!

Sorry.

Based

Attached: 1114.png (710x1024, 1.01M)

>check trophy percentages
>realize most people complaining about "infinite health zombies" didn't even play on Hardcore, which is this game's normal mode, since Standard showers you with resources and has most zombies die in 3-5 shots

Jesus, this is embarassing

This. Post 100% trophies or gtfo

Attached: 956F00EB-6D63-4B66-9D54-FB77930B1D78.jpg (640x626, 142K)

don't you have to do a no damage run?

No.

There's a no healing items run, which is a cakewalk if you've got the rocket launcher

For a trophy? Not really. You just can't heal, but it technically doesn't exclude easy mode which heals you up OR any extra infinite weapons.

just too lazy and distracted with other games to get all the files and the raccoons in the lost survivors.

Attached: RE2 cheevos.jpg (377x159, 10K)

Its super easy bro, doing the fucking Sherrif trophy was the real dick of the DLC shit.

The best Cleon artist of our generation

Attached: clairexleon_202.jpg (835x1024, 296K)

the sheriff one was actually playing the game though, so it was fun. trying to find two files I missed and a raccoon was just more tedious than it was worth the effort and like I said I would rather spend the time playing other games atm.

Attached: hurt face.jpg (1068x1080, 296K)

For me it's Sherry

Shoot the legs and run past them. You'll save ammo and take less risks trying to hit their heads as they erratically stagger around.

Natalia is the one who's an adult woman in a loli body

Claire is a cutie.

Attached: 1553965321451.png (492x430, 241K)

1 - You can shoot with your flashlight out

2 - don't worry about it

Is it okay to play on standard?

Attached: RESIDENT EVIL 2 3_10_2019 2_03_45 PM.jpg (3840x2160, 1.23M)

jesus fuckig christ, I was doing a chill RE2 remake standard 2nd run with Leon and thinking about the changes from the original. I went to the interrogation room and I thought "I wish Mr X would burst through certain walls like in the original", then the fucking guy ACTUALLY BURST THROUGH THE WALL that's between the press conference room and the stairs that lead to the interrogation room, it never happened in any of my four previous RE2 Remake runs, I almost died from the jump scare

only for fun runs, the first time through both scenarios should be on Hardcore if you're older than 13

Basically the REmakes made the originals not worth messing with. Is that the general consensus? I've messed around in the original RE1 and found the atmosphere lacking.

strawpoll.me/17808605

>Basically the REmakes made the originals not worth messing with
not true

>trying to find two files I missed

I got the trophy by complete accident. One playthrough of each of the 4 scenarios is enough.

>Basically the REmakes made the originals not worth messing with.

You would have to be an enormous faggot to think that

Attached: Sherry Birkin (Resident Evil 2 Remake).png (1013x2199, 706K)

>Strawpollfag

Attached: becca_face_wat.jpg (500x600, 44K)

I think there should have been a few more times where this happens but it was fucking great when it did. I also wish you were forced into an encounter with him when it did that one, or at least had an escape route you had navigate through.

basically at this point I'm just going to wait till I want to do another playthrough and then do a checklist of files and go down the list. it's lame, but if it's not a puzzle or something then I don't mind looking it up after multiple playthroughs.
I'm fairly certain that it's just a B scenario file that I skipped because I thought it was the same file from an A route.

>rebeccafag

Attached: die becca die.webm (800x460, 2.98M)

i'm talking about first time players, you don't need anything if you know what you're doing

>Standard showers you with resources and has most zombies die in 3-5 shots
Wrong. It took me 8-10 shots to kill Zimbabwes on normal.

not regularly

Very fucking regularly. They just kept getting up.

just push the zombies off you

Attached: Made in Heaven.webm (1280x720, 2.99M)

>Zimbabwes

Attached: E0322BA1-7269-4533-9812-37E06FEF3067.jpg (640x628, 405K)

RE7? Really?

The only spot where this happens for me is when I'm traveling to the chess puzzle room from Hell Room at full sprint and that one dormant sewer worker zombie has activated on the left. It always lunges and the player character always pushes it away because your momentum is the opposite of the zombie's lunge direction.

Is that the girl from Gun Survivor next to Sherry? Excellent taste.

Claire really was Made in Heaven wasn't she?

>Check calendar
>It's already been over 11 weeks since I fell in love with her

Attached: 1554238167247.jpg (1280x720, 45K)

If you played well it was actually a regular thing.

Fine faggots. My grandma is buying me RE2 original on PSN. I'll tell you whether or not it still holds up. REmake 1 completely crushes RE1 original - I know that much. And yeah I'm in my 20s and my super awesome grandma buys me games still. My grandma is awesome. Last thing she said was, "don't use my credit card for anything else unless you tell me." :) I love my gamma

Yup, her shirt doesn't lie

Attached: claire_face_all.jpg (3200x2248, 1.07M)

I always just kill that zombie, he always bites me if I leave him alive.
I think your ability to push off a zombie grab is just based on chance (and the chance goes up the lower your difficulty is). You still have to be grabbed from the side while running though, like this (only you don't get tackled)

Attached: zombie bite.webm (1280x720, 2.94M)

Is the fitgirl repack botnet or is it the proper full release with all dlc except for the ghost memeshit?

You kept her Alive, right? You wouldn't kill a cute zombie girl

Attached: zombiegirl2.jpg (1368x1611, 265K)

God I wish that were me.

I think you're right. The zombie is in the perfect position to grab you from the side while you're moving fast.
Actually I don't think I have killed her ever so far. She's a diligent guardian of that dumpster.

Yes, RE7. It's a camp masterpiece and perhaps as unique an experience as Metal Gear Solid. In fact, a few reviewers have compared the bosses to those seen in MGS, as well as the story's pacing being as tight and concise as MGS. It's the best in the series, I think. It did everything perfectly. Even the tanker part everyone seems to hate. There's something special about the camp in the game that can't quite be described.

She's already dead my good dude.

sheit

Here we go! About to play RE2! I hope it's at least as good as REmake 2. What difficulty should I play first?

My game has no difficulty selection screen at all and the only difficulty available is Too Easy.

Not the user sperging about it, but while I really enjoyed REmake 2, I still wish it took on and improved a lot of ideas that were already in the original RE2. I think what's a shame is that while it manages to improve a lot of things from the original RE2, I feel as if it didn't go far enough in actually taking and improving it on all fronts (just the bare essentials to make it a solid/competent modern horror game).

RE2 was considered a huge improvement over RE1 for many reasons, and it's a shame that the remake couldn't fully capitalize on those features. It's not that REmake 2 is terrible (it's really good) but considering how the original RE2 already makes for a great blueprint of a game, you'd think they would have kept the exact elements that made it stand out from other RE games in the first place.

While I love REmake 2 for creating a great new template for new RE games, it still doesn't replace RE2 for me as a whole. At the very least, this gives me better hope in how they'll handle an REmake 3 (since RE3 was more straightforward) and possibly even surpass REmake 2, something that I never thought would have been possible until now.
>inb4 they remove scenario choices entirely and dumb down Nemesis

I prefer the remakes but the originals still are a perfectly enjoyable experience on their own.

Fine Mr. Pedantic. You kept her undead right?

>inb4 they remove scenario choices entirely and dumb down Nemesis
My prediction is that instead of a stupid selection screen the level design will be made to accommondate multiple entirely dynamic approaches between which the player can choose in real time gameplay. And my opinion is that it's not possible to dumb down Nemesis. What exactly is dumber than a linearly homing stunlock dispenser?

It's a good remake but they should have put in more easter eggs and fan service and more effort into the second character campaign. Looks rushed in a lot of places.

Well, I heavily disagree. While I really enjoyed 7, on repeated playthroughs I noticed more than a few glaring flaws that, of course don’t ruin the game, could be handled better. But if it really is your favorite, more power to you I guess.

Rather than giving you the multiple choice screen like the original you'll probably have 5 seconds from when Nemesis makes his appearance to decide what to do before it forces the fight upon you. So similar to the original but if you choose to flee you have to do it quick.
Or they'll just copy paste the Mr. X AI onto him and call it a day.

I'm sure they will include hiding and distractions mechanics in RE3. Nemesis will behave like the Alien in Alien Isolation.

I also forgot but what made the original RE2 engaging on replays is the fact that playing the A/B scenarios in proper order actually created a cumulative experience both in item/enemy placement as well as the story constantly shifting to surprise the player. This was what made going through the 4 scenarios actually worth it since the game keeps shaking things up with awareness of your knowledge on previous playthroughs.

I still remember the high of finishing the first set of Leon/Claire scenarios on the remake, only to feel a bit disappointed that it's mostly the same in the next set.

>the level design will be made to accommondate multiple entirely dynamic approaches between which the player can choose in real time gameplay
This is exactly what I'm hoping for as a modern improvement of over the selection screen.

>And my opinion is that it's not possible to dumb down Nemesis. What exactly is dumber than a linearly homing stunlock dispenser?
They could accidentally turn him into a re-skinned Mr. X instead of being the escalation he should be. Still I'm optimistic that they'd handle him well.

See above and pretty much, yeah.

It did horror movies better than movies. Ethan's after taking down bosses were satisfying. Jack's lines were usually humorous, "get yo ass back to the house. I will deal with you later." The chainsaw showdown. The plot twist where you find out grandma was Evie the whole time. There's a lot of depth to the game that is not found in other RE titles.

Ethan's lines*

Original RE2 was pretty experimental in how it handled the A/B scenarios. Pretty much no similar big game has done it that way before or since. Too many people only play through one run of any given game and would just miss all that other content in the other scenarios.
RE2 remake handles all scenarios the same way as the Chris/Jill scenarios are handled in RE1: only one of them can be canon as it happened in the game

Main series? 6 and CV, haven't played 0.

The only major problem with RE0 was the lack of item boxes. The amount of backtracking you have to do for items is horrendous.

why does this beccafag always delete his posts

Stop playing resident evil 4-6

Attached: becca_scold.gif (340x231, 2.66M)

What's the best costume for Claire?

Attached: classic tank top.jpg (1920x1080, 311K)

I tried playing 6 and then stopped, then picked it up again at the fight with Deborah. It was the most average, mediocre game I've ever played. It's like Gears of War or Uncharted 1 in its mediocrity. It's not a bad game - it's a textbook 5.5/10. It's better in co-op I'm sure and I'll probably wait to play it when I can find a co-op partner

But so far, of the RE games I've played, it's the worst. Gonna boot up RE2 now for the first time. Toodles

no way fag

Attached: nwf.jpg (1920x1080, 151K)

Attached: Ada BTFO.webm (708x400, 2.93M)

Nude mod, and I'm the kind of person that installs those. I think the last nude mod I installed was like Tomb Raider. Okay I had one for Skyrim but that's a given.

Oops
>I'm not the kind of person*
important difference

>Too many people only play through one run of any given game and would just miss all that other content in the other scenarios.
I'll be honest, I never got the hype over RE2 for a long time until I finally properly played through it not too long ago. Just reading about it online didn't prepare me for the shifting story/items on each of the 4 playthroughs, and it's definitely made me respect the original RE2 for being what it was. Cheesy as it is, stuff like Leon's "Game over" line felt so satisfying especially for being my last run.

>Pretty much no similar big game has done it that way before or since.
Exactly this! I just don't get how no modern AAA game has ever attempted this again, at least to the degree that RE2 did both in cumulative gameplay and story. And just when it was the perfect time to do it with the remake, they just went for RE1's style of scenario routes.

I wish I was Leon.

Attached: 1551380700855.jpg (905x1280, 198K)

It's a video game. If you're having fun, it's okay.

Nudist Claire

Attached: claire_p_005c.jpg (1100x1060, 143K)

I don't. I just wanna see both Claire and Leon happy.

Attached: hach1.jpg (1280x960, 383K)

lmao get gud I remember taking 30 mins to kill a single fat fucker in re 6 impossible mode

Is Leon - dare I say it - based?

Attached: FUCK you.jpg (1912x9708, 3.4M)

Attached: clairexleonxsherry2.jpg (1020x1592, 168K)

The sewers were just supposed to be a small break before the big final laboratory, in the remake they turned the entire sewers into a huge boring level instead of creating an entirely new level for the game such as a factory from RE1.5 or some secret Umbrella facility or something. And the labs are now small, sterile and boring, also reception desk in a freaking sewer.

>I’m 34 and so fucking trash at a video game that I can’t even cope with zombies that rarely take more than 8 bullets to kill in a game that gives more than enough ammo to waste every zombie twice over on the hardest setting
Kek

Zombies are easier to deal with than in older RE games.

Claire would make me happy. I wish I could kiss Claire like that. Leon is lucky.

Attached: 1551419688230.jpg (1024x792, 120K)

>They could accidentally turn him into a re-skinned Mr. X instead of being the escalation he should be. Still I'm optimistic that they'd handle him well.
Well Jill is spec-ops and RE Rev 2 introduced a really intuitive dodging mechanic so there's really no excuse not to escalate the threat of Nemesis.

Last 2 missing files are almost always the one in STARS office (next to gun locker) and just outside Umbrella Tram on table. There's two different ones for Leon B and Claire B.

hi barry

Yeah Rev 2 had a pretty decent dodge mechanic. I hope they add it on top of the REmake 2 template if only because it seems the best way to keep Nemesis's threat level.

not him but that's a load of shit, they were so much easier and safer to bypass in the old games. Now if they get you one bite takes your health down to Danger level

Attached: leon juke.webm (1280x720, 2.99M)

Admit it, she saved the resident evil series

Attached: claire_face_stare3.jpg (531x569, 43K)

birthday suit

Attached: locked out.jpg (1920x1080, 227K)

The standard costume.

Attached: 1552268446981.jpg (527x528, 25K)

The gameplay is very disappointing.

Based and wholesome

Go, Nighthawk. Get out.

Attached: HUNK.jpg (1280x720, 69K)

Reminder that Claire's ass is canonically the most powerful force in all of resident evil

It even caused a gas leak in code Veronica

Attached: clairexsteve_gasleak.webm (1280x720, 897K)

Rebecca's ass is so powerful it has literally been used as a weapon.

Attached: 292050.jpg (900x1400, 273K)

How did she get such a thick ass with a skinny body and flat chest

Attached: becca_shootstyrant.webm (1280x720, 379K)

It's a horror game, not an action game. The gameplay is fine when compared with other good horror games like Dead Space

Attached: Ada.webm (870x720, 2.99M)

She isn't flat though.

Attached: beccy leather.jpg (1521x4000, 324K)

All the time sitting in a lab.

>A mysterious new enemy however, lurks the halls of the R.P.D, slithers beneath the sewage, and hides behind the vines infesting N.E.S.T.

???

Too lewd

I guess that makes sense

Attached: becca_cowgirl_end.webm (1920x1080, 689K)

Really, Jill is so ass flat in comparison.
Player hitboxes are horrendous. It's like they borrowed the idea of whaky grabs from soulsbourne games.

>sitting around makes you lose weight everywhere but your ass
the fuck are you talking about

>that costume
that's jill's ass

The grab hitboxes are not broken at all, if anything they are very forgiving. That zombie only missed in that webm because the player shot its left arm off and then the player ducked right to dodge

Attached: zombie juke.webm (1280x720, 2.28M)

Don't even get me started on Claire. Her run was even easier.

You played RE with 11?

The perfect specimen

Attached: becca_costumes178.jpg (1400x1200, 143K)

God I wish you ESLs would make your own chan so I don't have to read this horseshit.

Attached: 1547172948371.gif (240x266, 1.83M)

I like how if you do manage to get away, you are unstable while you are stumbling back to your feet and can get tackled instantly if you get grabbed again, no chance to use knife or grenade

>the concept art is so much better than the in game visuals
True. It actually has colors + proper 90s feel.

>is it possible to crank your brightness up enough that it looks decent?
No. That literally makes the game just look nothing BUT grey and washed out.

Becca's got back

Attached: becca_pianopractice.jpg (1441x909, 274K)

>b-but muh original game!
You do know that this is meant to be a REMAKE?
You are supposed to expand and improve upon old metrics and features, not cut them out.

Crocodile could be beaten in normal fashion using your own guns.
That's how I beat it the first handful of times actually back in late 90s. The 2019's version is just a silly, totally out-of place set piece.

>git gud.
Not an argument.

>Neither is objectively better than the other.
False. OG is galactic miles better, because it introduces ACTUAL sound-design to the otherwise SILENT game.

>Strangly, it's considered the best RE title by /v
More like the whole fucking rest of the world, ass hat.

Black women can achieve that just fine. Rebecca is a genetic freak herself, having the exact facial bone structure of a Japanese pop idol but with auburn hair and green eyes