Is this game worth playing? What did it bomb so hard?

Is this game worth playing? What did it bomb so hard?

Attached: Lost-Odyssey.jpg (800x600, 213K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pJWZlqLxiLg
youtu.be/HQIPLfLmUuE
youtube.com/watch?v=FZ44nOI07YA&list=PLp_nLDzWK5NVySU8f04YibyteCOKKH3zX&index=2
youtube.com/watch?v=aTBqAkHL9aE&list=PLp_nLDzWK5NVySU8f04YibyteCOKKH3zX&index=24
youtube.com/watch?v=6STeWC9hw18
youtube.com/watch?v=wUNNGv5oELM&list=PLp_nLDzWK5NVySU8f04YibyteCOKKH3zX&index=47
youtube.com/watch?v=jluPwqFRrPY&list=PLp_nLDzWK5NVySU8f04YibyteCOKKH3zX&index=11
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

xbox players weren't ready to embrace one of the best jrpgs ever made

It's easily worth playing. You know full well why it wasn't a success.

This one was good the other one they made was trash though. They make mobile shit now and are probably bankrupt these days.

Ming is best girl. Dem veiny tits

the short stories are nice, everything else is mediocre/average. Even Uematsu's songwriting isn't very strong here

It's fun and the story can have some genuinely touching shit with the whole long life premise. The combat can be a bit of a slog though so prepare for that.

Blue Dragon is good too.

I'm still waiting for Switch port

I know it's coming

It's very damn worth it.

I still remember the short flavor stories from time to time. Especially the story of the wind valley wanderers was for me pure magic eleven years ago.

I was so fucking hype when this game first debuted

I hate the character designs I'm not gonna lie.

I dont know, I really dont.

>What did it bomb so hard?

>JRPG
>Xbox

Attached: 1554495151761.png (508x673, 564K)

XBox 360 was the highest selling system of it's gen.

why are xbots still living in 2009?

Good story, very good characters, mediocre OST and probably the most boring, sleep inducing turn based combat in the last 20 years.

It did terribly in Europe and Asia.

Released on the wrong platform.

Xdrumpf exclusive. This MS funded and published game should have been a Sony PS3 exclusive.

It was this for me.
>ps1 and 2 rock my teenage world
>buy a ps3 to retain access to the japanese games I love
>bill gates beats companies into submission with his giant wallet
>did not get blue dragon or lost odyssey until a used 360 was dirt cheap
>no cave until the pc ports either

Turn Based RPGs are dead becuase of this game.

it was terrible when it came out

>What did it bomb so hard?

Many say it was responsible for 9/11

One thing to note is the game was nearly unplayable at launch due to the 360's abysmal hardware. It would crash constantly while reading from the disc, and the firmware update that added installing to the hard drive only came out later that year. Bad initial impressions because of this probably hurt sales

Good. Feels good to know the Sony cultists envy this game.

It's on sale on the Xbox One right now. Only 6 euros. I would buy it but I still have my Japanese release of this game with me.

It didn't bomb, and the main complaint were hardware related. You couldn't install games on the 360 at the time, giving the game 10 - 20 sec loading times before each and every battle and over 1 minute to move on the world map. Reviews were not edited to reflect the 360 software updates that cut that shit in more than half.

It was a JRPG exclusive to Xbox, you don't fuck it up harder than that

>hey! let's change japanese fighting game to MOBA and release exclusive for western console
Man, many Xbox360 exclusive is weird

Attached: GG2 cover.jpg (321x458, 39K)

It's not like they had a choice considering Microsoft Studios funded it and was the publisher.

Does it run on Xenia yet???

Early 360 was peek we want the Japanese audience

When over 3/4 of your target audience does not own the platform, it's a problem. That said it's not a typical weeb JRPG full of anime tropes. It's more tailored towards 360 audience. Still, not many of them were willing to give it a go.

he's getting our sequel bros

Attached: philjap.png (611x123, 13K)

>exclusive jrpgs
>obscure shumps up the ass
>fucking idolmaster
What the fuck qere they thinking

>Why did it bomb so hard?
most xbros were impatient teenager, or even 9 year old kids back when it first came out, i'm pretty sure they'd much rather play the new CoD or Gears than a JRPG, and japs outright reject gaijin products

Anyone who owns an Xbone is legitimately a cultist, especially with the way you revere Phil Spencer

Can't blame them for at least -trying- to get the damn thing into jap hands.
Still find it hilarious that this shmup wears the ONLY ON XBOX 360 stamp of honor while mentioning the word "lolis" on the back cover. Like MS was proud to approve of it lmao.

Attached: deathsmiles.png (1281x894, 2.17M)

Jansen is the best.

>Best loli thighs
>Cute Tummy

Attached: 12.jpg (1024x576, 56K)

combat is lackluster, not as much as Blue Dragon though.

>Mistwalker doing anything other than mobile
lol

I don't have a folder full of anal vore on my PC. I bet you probably have.

Still got my collectors edition with the faceplate. Bought it for 10 euros on playasia, shit was cash.

You dont know how old dudes were. Those kids have taste though cuz id surely plays gears over any faggoty jrpg.

only good thing are the stories which are on youtube. Main story is typical jrpg trash.

If they'd gotten the same guy who wrote the shorts to write the plot for the game it might have been something amazing though.

This was one of the very few JRPGs to not be "faggoty". Christ, Xtards didn't deserve this. Put it on PC already Microdick.
youtube.com/watch?v=pJWZlqLxiLg

Demonic Imperator Tyrannosatan is the best name of a final boss ever.

god that opening and the stories sucked me in

then the game ended up still being boring as shit

Her voice, though.

This is my story too except I didn't play them even after I bought the Xbox cheap and the games cheaper... My backlog is enormous.

it ain't his best but compared to blue dragon, shieet. what was he thinking?

I bet a fat chick voiced her

Jansen was probably the best ad libbed JPN to NA character i've ever seen. Fucking amazing job. The memories were nice and overall the game was fine. The combat was kinda dull, the game had constant party splits and the cast was pretty bland. Except for Jansen.

>never use either kid
>kids become separate from the main party
>getting murdered cause they were way under leveled

Attached: 1547777028781.jpg (470x470, 70K)

Fuck that.

The scene of him singing along to the soundtrack is kino in every sense of the word.

about the point I stopped playing the game

I don't miss that part of old jrpg games

As far as I understood the battle system, the non immortal characters seemed pointless beyond teaching their skills to the immortals. Is that actually how it is with enough grinding or did I miss something?

I don't even remember what I did at that point. I guess I just grinded cause I did beat the game.

That's actually how it is.
You have to use one of them though, because you don't get enough immortals for a full party

i have my 2006 three shitty and lost odyssey sitting right there in the corner. might actually reinstall this and give it the 80 hour spin.

i beat it in about 45 hours and i did most of the sidequests and found every short story.

It was what took the game from ok to great for me

huh. mustve been the load times then. back when I played installing games wasnt even a thing and you'd be at the mercy of dvd read speeds.

oh shit that didn't even occur to me. yeah i played the game on Xbone and i didn't even find any problem with load times.

>Finding out that Guilty Gear 2 was on steam
Its not that bad actually
youtu.be/HQIPLfLmUuE

Attached: 437000_20171006044924_1.jpg (2560x1440, 1.39M)

I have it, I need to play it.

Nobody cares about those shotholes.

I do.

And you are a nobody, thus my point still stands.

yes because of all the dudebros and normies and guess what they don't play jrpgs.

One of my favourite jrpgs of all time.

It needs a Steam port or maybe a Switch port since MS and The Big N are buddy buddy now.

To say its ambitious is an understatement. >Lets make a moba but every character fights like a fighting game character and you also have to pay attention when to summon out and navigate your units like an RTS. Also lets take elements of of musou games with the map and have you run around at sonic speeds chopping down enemy units out of your way.
It felt like I was a brainlet playing a high IQ game. Its ambitious but it was also pretty fun to play.

Attached: 437000_20171006034832_1.jpg (2560x1440, 907K)

I hope you like reading.

It's classic Daisuke. The most IQ game he made was Isuka I'd say. The number of mechanics and techs there is in the game is incredible. But since nobody play it it's lost.

Essentially, It's a weeb version of Planescape: Torment and unfortunately, vastly inferior.

The issue with Lost Odyssey is that it doesn't use its premise in any meaningful way. Planescape: Torment leveraged the premise of 'amnesiac immortal searching for his identity' to depart from typical RPG conventions and explore interesting territory. Lost Odyssey does nothing of the sort, it's a bogstandard jrpg that's terrified to take any risks and ends up playing it extremely safe, to the point that the immortal amnesiac thing ends up being just shallow window dressing.

Attached: 1959393232.jpg (2000x796, 215K)

Game is worth playing despite its flaws, especially if you miss Squaresoft FF games. It has some really good dialogues and in-game stories. Mechanics are slightly tedious but interesting.
Why did it bomb? For me the worst part of the game is absolutely fucking boring visual design. It's extremally boring visual-wise. Also, many deemed it too orthodox jRPG. Its competition was FF13 which is its exact opposite.
> FF13 has incredible art direction and design. Characters and areas breathe soul.
> FF13 had too modern combat system but at least it tried to progress the genre.
> FF13 had shitty story.

it was released on wrong console

Im too brainlet for this game. I'm on the second real boss and I just die instantly. Grinding is out of the question I get 1 point per fight.

Planescape Torment is soooooooooo boring though.

>> FF13 had too modern combat system but at least it tried to progress the genre.

>Party members act by themselves, the only input you have is selecting paradigms
>At the same time, you can't even play it as an action-RPG because it still uses a menu system while not providing any control over party members (thus defeating the whole point of using menus)
>It's almost impossible to actually lose, since there are no resources to manage or hard decision to make (e.g. medic never runs out of healing spells, you can spam them infinitely)
In what universe did FFXIII's combat system 'progress the genre'? It's basically a Simon says minigame.

Attached: 2bg8a5.jpg (1024x576, 121K)

>Good story
>mediocre OST
>sleep inducing turn based combat
It's one of the only JRPG scores I've actually liked, and the combat is just as bad if not slightly better than most JRPGs. You have fuckin horrible taste. Or you've never actually played it.

Is that the blue worm thing?

This MS funded and published game should have been a Sony PS3 exclusive.
I'm genuinely glad I got at least one game you didn't, you faggot weeb.

>It's almost impossible to actually lose
I wish.
>rocket barrage takes you to critical
>oh fuck, switch to heals
>team poses in xxxxtra long shift
>battle continues as party struts their stuff
>fucking die instantly
k

So you guys missed one Jap game out of the literal hundreds you get that xbox owners don't, cry us a river, holy hell.

Yeah and his fucking respawning spider squad.

i just remember getting to a fetch quest for some gay as shit funeral then doing some dumbshit minigame holding branches out to the ocean and i just lost all will to play it after that

the whole fucking point was for it to be a classic jrpg in 3d brainlet, unlike what actual ff games were doing at the time.

the game goes full speed after that though literally, that is the last time you have to do something like that too.

If I remember correctly you need to have a taught your members the skill immunity from paralysis but I haven't played in a long time.

>thinking this game would do better on the Switch
The Last Story says hi

I'll get back into it and try it thanks.

No it wasn't. Weebs have a hard time buying something that isn't 100% Jap. YOu could have just bought an xbox, they were never very expensive. I am forced to buy a Playstation to play weeb games and PS4 fucking sucks. There are no wrong consoles, just retarded racist customers.

I always get this confused with another RPG that was only released on Xbone at the time. It was lost ark or something like that, anyone know the name?

You can teach them skills using the rings like that one Kaim has that teaches paralysis immunity, you have to go back and fight some regular battles to get them taught though.

I was a weeb and bought an Xbox for this game and shmups last gen. The reason o bought an Xbox One this gen was the backward compatibility.

This came out around the same time, is this what you mean? Not played it though.

Attached: 5911a8995bafe343b07cf566.jpg (323x433, 28K)

>mediocre OST
get the fuck out of here
youtube.com/watch?v=FZ44nOI07YA&list=PLp_nLDzWK5NVySU8f04YibyteCOKKH3zX&index=2

Yeah that was it. Anyone played this?

wrong. it was number one in uk, germany and austria.

youtube.com/watch?v=aTBqAkHL9aE&list=PLp_nLDzWK5NVySU8f04YibyteCOKKH3zX&index=24

Attached: 1480830036946.jpg (238x207, 9K)

they released a remaster not long ago, the game is decent, nothing espectacular

Remember to get the PC/remaster versions, not the original. The game got rushed so it was broken and unbalanced on the original 360 release.

Yes, and it's absolutely fantastic. It's also ridiculously complex and cryptic and you need the wiki open at all times to play through it, but it's great. Somewhat similar to FFXII with its large connected maps and rare monster hunts.

Also that music
youtube.com/watch?v=6STeWC9hw18

Alright. I'll try when I get home.

>the_dwarf_fortress_of_jrpgs.jpg

then they get weird with it
youtube.com/watch?v=wUNNGv5oELM&list=PLp_nLDzWK5NVySU8f04YibyteCOKKH3zX&index=47

Attached: bradsexcited.png (1920x1080, 2.5M)

Never played it but this sounds great.

youtube.com/watch?v=jluPwqFRrPY&list=PLp_nLDzWK5NVySU8f04YibyteCOKKH3zX&index=11

Attached: MarvintheMartian.png (1653x932, 878K)

>they make mobile shit
>are bankrupt
????

Mobile is dying

this game was so fucking fun

if your mobile attempt doesn't hit the mainstream or even upper-midstream, you're fucked

They've been making mobile games ever since The Last Story came out, so I guess they're not doing that bad.
I wish they'd make another console JRPG though. Sakaguchi's wasted on fucking ios

That game wasn't bad either, just very bland looking.

Absolutely. First boss is a casual filter, though anons seem to have more trouble with the eels.

I also had 4 discs. I remember getting read errors after a long fight with cutscenes and transition to the new disc after. I tried cleaning the disc and re-fighting the boss so many times I ended up going back to the store and getting them to swap the disc for me.