I know that Yea Forums hates "movie games", but what is the best one?

I know that Yea Forums hates "movie games", but what is the best one?
I've always loved Uncharted 2 but Yea Forums shits on the whole series relentlessly so it's impossible to talk about on here.

Attached: uncharted-2-wallpaper.jpg (1920x1080, 395K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/zUH-0mpopNs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Metal Gear Solid Trilogy, Silent Hill 2, The Last of Us, Bioshock

It's weird to me that Yea Forums has this perception of Uncharted as "movie games" in that they play themselves. Uncharted's gameplay does a pretty good job of leaving you in full control while letting setpieces play out around you. The convoy chase in Uncharted 4 is genuinely impressive in how open-ended it is and how the level design allows you to drive and jump and shoot where you want, but still funnel you down into the beats the game wants you to see. I think what Yea Forums really means when they complain about Uncharted is that it's linear and that it's a Sony game and Yea Forums has a massive Nintendo boner.

have you literally only played 4
4 was advertising the ability to do that as it's selling point

every other game in the series is incredibly linear

I agree with you 110% mate. Most people calling them "movie games" are people who've never played them before and just regurgitate shit they see on here.

Attached: uncharted 2 Nathan.jpg (340x658, 49K)

>every other game in the series is incredibly linear
Not him but he wasn't disputing that, brush up on your reading comprehension dumbass

Not really. There's a convoy chase in 2, 3, and 4, and each one gets more interactive and open, but I wouldn't call any of them movies. I don't remember which one it was but there was also a sequence in which you're in control of your character and in gunfights as the building you're in collapses. Uncharted 3 was a disappointment overall with a bad story, but there was the portion in which the ship you're on is capsizing and flooding. Yes, they're set pieces, but they really don't railroad you into anything aside from "progress through the level as the shit happens"

I disagree with this pretty strongly. Uncharted is like riding s train, it's do on rails. For platforming you go in o e direction and one only. It's so significantly on rails that if you jump slightly off it autoaims and floats you back to the target mid flight, which is the most disgusting feeling. The game constantly takes away control for milliseconds but it feels horrid because of it.

On top of that there's zero feeling behind the combat, physics in general are floaty and horrid and it's absolutely jam packed with QTEs.

> For platforming you go in o e direction and one only
Yes, it's a linear game. We were discussing the combat sections though, not the platforming to get you from one place to another.
>It's so significantly on rails that if you jump slightly off it autoaims and floats you back to the target mid flight
It's surprisingly easy to fuck up a jump in these games, especially the first 3.
>it's absolutely jam packed with QTEs
Uncharted's combat has zero QTEs involved retard. You're thinking of the shit they use to disguise loading screens, there are mash triangle segments where you boost ai partners or move shit outta the way to progress through the levels, but there are no QTEs during gameplay

>I've always loved Uncharted 2

Attached: 1547878308544.png (792x691, 299K)

No, I'm not complaining that it's linear, platforming isn't interactive in the slightest. Climbing is the most asinine shit.

I'm not interested if you like it really, I think it's s fucking horrid series of games. There's definitely QTEs during gameplay too. The final boss in 3 is a goddamned QTE. All melee combat is basically a QTE.

I don't get the rabid hate either. It's just another genre of video game like FPS, RPG, Action etc.

>I'm not interested if you like it really
Then why are you here?
>The final boss in 3 is a goddamned QTE
youtu.be/zUH-0mpopNs
stop being a nigger, the melee is straight forward in all the Uncharted games. Hitting the triangle button to counter doesn't mean it's a QTE retard.

There is absolutely nothing about Uncharted 2 that is political/sjw so calm your man-tits, fat boy.

It's pretty disingenuous to imply that hitting the face buttons at all makes it a QTE. Are fighting games QTEs because you have to hit buttons in the proper sequence to make combos come out?

Reminder that button prompts don't show up on harder difficulties

I honestly don't know what your argument is given that you can skip to any point in that video and there's a QTE happening.

But yeah you're right, just enjoy your shit games.

Refer to this guy's post, retard

>just enjoy your shit games
Not that guy but what bideo games do you like?

Melee is simple and easy because it's risky; this is a shooter game first and you can easily get shot while you attempt it. The struggling you do in melee isn't to straight up kill you, it's more just to hold you down in place so the 6 goons who are chasing you can all have time to line up their shots start firing on you. You have to isolate your targets.
Climbing is easy to support the ease of movement in multiplayer and in single player combat. In single player it is more padding to space out the firefights and allow dialogue between the characters as you try to find the path

Attached: melee fail.webm (1280x720, 3M)

Woah user, hold up. You're making too much rational sense to be allowed on this board.