>sequel could've been god tier
>it never happened

Attached: mgr.jpg (1920x1200, 938K)

>idiot running around cutting things
>epic meme villain
>brainless plot
Jeez I wonder why it didn’t have a sequel

Did you even play the game?

Standards are too high nowadays. It would be really hard to make a Revengeance sequel without people feeling ripped off.

Try to remember that Revengeance is all about gameplay, sound design, and cinematic moments. The environments themselves are barren and linear, and the game recycles the same mobs of enemies over and over.

I like Revengeance, but I just don't know how people would've felt about rehashed sequel.

Worst shit than MGR got sequels, user, don’t be a faggot.

>Caring about plot
>In a Platinum Game
You're there for the gameplay anyway.

sequels suck

if anything, this game didn't have enough enemies to shred to pieces.

how do i play this game?

Exactly why MGR2 with a full dev cycle would've been a 10/10 game

Forward+attack.

bruh

post yfw it's announce at this E3
>Konami actually did some good changes
>writer still at konami but didn't worked on survive
>producer is now the general MG producer
>director at platinum is working on a project not announced yet, said he use the MGRR OST to motivate himself
>One of the artist (the other was recruited at Capcom) have very good relations with both Konami and Platinum.
It's probably happening, or at least something MG related will probably be announced.

I finally got around to playing this game a few days ago and I absolutely loved it. I mean, I absolutely sucked at it though and only got a C rank at the end(and I was only on normal), but this is the first time in a while where I felt compelled to replay a game to see if I would do better.
I guess to keep this post relevant, I would love to see a sequel to this, even if it was only about the same quality and length.

Ending is literally a sequel bait so it will happen one day.
Could be next year, could be in 2023, who knows.

STANDING

HERE
I REALIZE

>was a solid 8/10
Maybe if you're a spaztic retard. It was a 5/10 at best

>You're there for the gameplay anyway.
people LIKE dial-a-combo button mashers? DMC lets you access 99% of your moveset instantly, no PPPPK killgore bullshit to do your strongest move.

>It's probably happening
doubt
>or at least something MG related
Metal Gear Royale
They jumped on the zombie bandwagon long after everyone stopped caring, they'll do the same with BR.

Please be true, Rising is the best MG game since Snake Eater, we really need a sequel

...i don't think you've played any of these games.

>8/10
more like 6/10

YOU ARE JUST LIKE ME
TRYING TO MAKE HISTORY

It won't happen, the good news is that Platinum is shameless about reusing their old ideas so we'll likely get a spiritual successor that's not in the MG universe.

Yea Forums only ever quoted song lyrics just like how Yea Forums Neptunia threads are just image posting and never about the gameplay.

It's a shit game.

I literally referenced the Kilgore glitch from Bayo 1, you fucking scrub.

>t. played on easy

MG:R wasn't nearly as good as people wish it was, but it WAS better than everyone expected it to be.
>game gets announced, everyones excited. Tech demo is ballin
>no hype, comes out like a fart later on after having to be remade
>everyones expecting it to be shit
>turns out to be an incredibly basic, shallow game but full of 'hype' and most importantly of is is just plain fun
>iconic designs and hype music
That's why it's remembered fondly, it's not even close to an 8 out of 10.

I doubt they would, unless it's a bonus mode for a MGO4. Remember that MGO2 literally invented the BR genre.

Why wouldn't it? i mean, they have all the staff that worked on it still here, both at Konami and Plat.
Since Konami are actually trying to get a little better, making a MGR2 would be an "easy win" for them.

here is your reply

>Tech demo is ballin
you are talking about MGS:R, a completely different game that was cancelled because Kojima didn't wanted to send big guys to help the team, who was only made of secondary guys. (the director was literally just an artist and the producer was a absolute who.)
MGS:R was way too ambitious, especially since it was going to be the first fox engine game. Kojima should have sent some of the big guys on it before directly starting to work on V after PW.
According to MGRR Localizer, the whole script and story was done AND TRANSLATED, and it was one of the best MG story ever made according to him, with elements of Snatchers in the mix. The game was abandonned because the team had trouble with the "cut everything" feature.

It was alright. I wouldn't say it was made just in one year though, with how much of the tech and assets are holdovers from the original project.

In retrospect it's like a lot of modern Platinum games, a rollercoaster ride that's fun to ride on to begin with, but quickly gets stale on replays with how underdeveloped the encounters, mechanics, arcade scoring systems and level design is.

>made in one year

The fuck? Kojima rolled out trailers for it at like four E3s, cutting watermelons and shit. It wasn't until he was pressured that he offloaded it and the game was finally finished.

That early stuff got completely scrapped I heard. They had to start over from the beginning and work fast.

>THE HOT WINDS BLOWING
>JAGGED LINE ACROSS THE SAND

It isn't a perfect game by any means but when i play it i completely forget about its flaws. It also goes all out with the comedy which is one of my favorite things about MG.

I didn't expect it to have the GREATEST FINAL BOSS OF ALL TIME.

Attached: YOU KNOW WHAT, FUCK THIS WAR. I JUST WANT YOU DEAD.gif (333x250, 1.05M)

I AM FUCKING INVINCIBLE!

Every villain in this game is great and memorable, even Mistral and Monsoon who are on screen less than 10 minutes.