It was salvageable Yea Forums?

It was salvageable? what you would have done differently?

Attached: MVCI Champ Select.jpg (1920x1080, 379K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=H78usyu1Y8w
youtube.com/watch?v=lGtgU5NGe74
youtube.com/watch?v=KBcMnW9QEao
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It ain't the same without Magneto, Storm or Wolverine.

Also: add more female characters, it looks like a bland sausage party.

I don't think completely fucking with the legacy gameplay, going back to that insufferable 4 button scheme, failing horribly to cash in on the mcu and ravaging the roster in the process sounds like "salvageable"

god that roster is so fucking trash

Reminder: Disney ruined this game

Attached: 1552088092114.jpg (480x479, 30K)

other than obviously adding X-men and unfucking the gameplay, they should have added some more obscure shit than just movie-shill characters for marvel and might as well have shoved shit people have been wanting like Gene, Asura and even Nero. i get that disney are petty cunts but they still have a shitload of marvel and capcom shit to pull from
also the fucking new music is godawful, how do you go from this youtube.com/watch?v=H78usyu1Y8w to shit like this? youtube.com/watch?v=lGtgU5NGe74 sounds like generic "epic moment" music rather than a upbeat classic-arcade style fight theme
theres also the Disney shenanigans with allegedly forcing all capcom characters to look visually worse than marvel and the fucking story mode is awful

>made during the height of Capcom's fall from grace
>core gameplay ideas are bad
>Capcom roster picks are reused shit with only two actually new characters, only one of which wasn't an existing fighting character
Whatever gets you through the night.

mvc2 was the best and most perfect fighting game of all time

going away from it in any way made the game suck

3d sucks
roster sucks
marvel roster double sucks
6 buttons
not enough characters at once

etc etc

>what would you have done differently

Made it an update to UMvC3 and just added all the new characters like Jedah and Ultron to that. Maybe added some new stages. That’s it. Holy fuck Infinite looks like trash and that roster is SHIT

youtube.com/watch?v=KBcMnW9QEao
Reminder

Attached: 1538971321539.jpg (554x678, 87K)

Some remotely decent presentation. Jesus fuck that select screen is soulless. Only real gameplay problem I had was the screen freeze every tag in.

>This was X's debut in a fighting game
Man that's depressing

>Bigger roster
>No stones

>non-MCU characters kept to a minimum
>no mutants
>no based Doom
>only 2 new Capcom fighters, and one is a Megaman
>tiny roster in general
>day 1 DLC/season pass
>gameplay is a direct downgrade from both 2 and 3
>too much focus on story for a fighting game, when resources should've gone towards fleshing out the mechanics and roster instead
>tries to take a serious, "epic" tone, in contrast to the upbeat and brighter tone of the previous games
What was there to salvage? They should have just scrapped it and started from scratch.

imagine a new mahvel with boomte and a sick subhuman remix

the mouse dipped his big white gloves too deep in MvCI which is why it turned out to be hot garbage. i hope they never try to make another MvC game again.

I would do better even with the need to shill the MCU.

Attached: 1550875689748.jpg (3266x2858, 3.6M)

>Made it an update to UMvC3
Haven't thought about that but this would of been nice

>take the UMvC3 roster
>keep the style instead of falling for the photorealism meme
>add more characters
>keep 3v3, lose stones
>maybe make a good story or just low-ish budget personal arcade mode stories with endings
There, saved
Though if I had total control, I'd go crazy with Capcom characters and draw Marvel characters from non-616 continuities

Honestly just make the graphics good and this would have sold a fuckton. The fact it looked like a mobile game (and how beautiful DBFZ looked) just made it a laughing stock and people didn't buy it.

I feel you, bro, but with ms. marvel.

I wished she got in UMvC3, It would have been the carol before her big reboot.

Attached: ZqNCPVU.jpg (1920x1080, 1.73M)

damn that captain marvel is a cutie. how are japs able to make western girls better than straight up western devs

all it really needed was better characters

nitusma directing and voila all problems solved

fuck disney

Attached: 1533663157350.jpg (1920x4480, 1.75M)

sounds like Yea Forums is singing it.

The thing that gets me is how unironically soulless it looks. It's like they took some Unity/Unreal template and filled in the squares with their characters. All the HUD/UI elements look stock and generic as fuck. Feels like nobody cared while making this, like there was no art director telling them what kind of feel they wanted for the game.

>all these people itt saying the gameplay was bad
The gameplay was great, the only redeeming part of the whole thing. It's weird seeing people praise 3 when that was lambasted here at release for it's magic series + launcher control scheme.

Hire a competent modelling team, redo all the menus so they're not so fucking bland, re-cast/re-record just about every voice actor. The game part was solid (some characters were kinda lame though) but everything else was gross.