Why was this so hated?

Why was this so hated?

Attached: 1554860319188.jpg (1280x720, 134K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WwCKPhlyU5M
youtube.com/watch?v=CkoIUhl8jKU
youtube.com/watch?v=47XW7jx9F9k
youtube.com/watch?v=2UIcy86Pbmg
youtube.com/watch?v=7wv7HcTjYlI
youtu.be/F-NoLS-4iSg
youtube.com/watch?v=G0EQ9goWZ0s
youtu.be/T0xoKiH8JJM
thedickshow.com/episode-144/
youtube.com/watch?v=du4ah36CrQ4
youtube.com/watch?v=Am-wMjclso0
youtu.be/sPX6B8ZKqkI
youtu.be/mZoHGtYN1T4
vimeo.com/239881901
miketendo64.com/2019/01/18/travis-strikes-again-t-shirt-guide/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

boomers written by zoomers?

Is the dev still embarrassing himself on Twitter because the game journos he pandered to didn't like his game?

It was a bad game that was very impressed with itself in its writing, which is very off-putting and invites derision

>Sewer section with three enemies that you fight over and over again
Yikes

finally someone who played it

There was one autist on Yea Forums spamming threads about this literal who game for YEARS.

When it actually came out it turned to have crap gameplay and mostly shit music.

I look identical to the guy on the right because I'm a ginger with glasses and a beard and every time I see an image of whatever this game is I hate myself a little because of how soi he looks but I don't know what I can change because I look way worse with no beard and I need glasses

Lemonade

Don't let retards on the internet dictate your life.

Because it had bad character designs, bad voice acting, lolsorandum humour, awful music, and most importantly, incredibly terrible and tedious gameplay.

>another "totally not earthbound" indie game

If we get to see the boy on the left's feet, I'll buy it.

That's every sewer section.

Because the developer is a Nazi.

have lemonade

I guess that's a hint that maybe devs should stop adding sewer sections then.

Contact lenses and trimmed beard. Also get fit.

it's indeed totally not, may have been at least remotely decent if it copied other games

because the game was bad

Attached: 15.png (617x1320, 149K)

The gameplay is just terrible, and the story is more interested in being like a book than it is anything else.
Visuals and Music are a mixed bag, You'll often get these beautiful looking areas like Windtown at night with really fitting music behind it, but then you have that first fight with an Entity and the most ill fitting song just starts playing.

please DO NOT enjoy this completely awful snippet of absolutely disgusting gameplay

youtube.com/watch?v=WwCKPhlyU5M

Seriously though this isn't even one of those "so bad it's funny" games, it's just bad period

Did anyone tell him that his game's story has failed because he had to explain this on Twitter since the game itself couldn't?

This game is a textbook example of what happens when you try and make a game that pays tribute to and evokes a good game but you have no talent or real inspiration. It is a haphhazard mishmash of poorly executed conflicting ideas in one mediocre package

It's almost fascinatingly bad, it's like what NOT to do when making a game

it's "so bad it's funny" if you don't play it and make fun of it on the sidelines

based and confidencepilled

I feel sorry for you for having played that trash

shave and use a monocle

>hate how my beard grows in so want to shave it
>but have a weak jawline so I grow it to hide that
JUST

>Yikes
it's in the title, what did you expect

Get Lasik. It's worth it.

lemonade

I will honestly give the game a try if they fix how slow the combat is. I can't imagine sitting through those slow QTE attacks and animations.

holy shit this looks awful

I'm almost willing to bet a lot of the problems are intentional, as some sort of attempt at making the game completely and utterly postmodern. There's already a lot of postmodern elements in the game, it wouldn't surprise me if it just went super hardcore with it.
That's not to excuse the game for being a pile of shit, just that it was the intent.

become a daddy
get swole
find a hot fat ass twink like me

Fights are like 10 - 15 minutes long and the music does not lend itself to battles at fucking all

This is what made me not even risk trying it. I saw the combat, and while I like the idea, it's way too slow. I expected it to only be slow early on but even by the end, shit's still a fucking crawl.

>check joke review
>guy used cheat engine to make the run at 5x speed or something and it still felt slow

I am fit but I hate faggots

More like a retard's idea of post-modern, ie. If I acknowledge that this is bad, then it automatically makes it good. Instead of, you know, actually making it good. Fucking hate this shit.

>really fucking over the top serious scene beforehand
>immediately followed by a joke fight
>that FPS
>those "minigames"
>that song
>that voice acting
>everything

Attached: 1406562763778.jpg (278x300, 31K)

terrible fucking combat
"quirky" writing
looks like a pseudo-hipster 3deep5u garbage

You have an option to speed up animations, but its almost a fucking detriment because it speeds up the attack and dodge minigames as well and makes them fucking impossible

Have you had it? I've been legitimately considering it for a long time. How bad is the recovery?

I don’t think he was trying to pander to them. I mean, the guy put Dick Masterson into the game.

Why do you suck so many dicks OP?

>creator defending his literal self insert character on the games official Twitter to convince people he’s not unlikable and he totally gets better
Good lord, it’s like a shitty Curb Your Enthusiasm episode.

so long as your not wearing the thick-framed hipster glasses you're fine

also beards don't automatically make you look better. i've known people who looked great to begin with grow one out just because they're insecure about their appearance and wound up looking like shit because of it

Yes, I would highly recommend it. I got it on a Friday and was back to work on Monday. It felt like I had some sand in my eyes for about a day, but that was the worst of it. Mild irritation at most

I doubt it. A lot of the problems seem to be either simple incompetence, like the art and music, or a lack of understanding of underlying mechanics and systems like with the gameplay. It's very obvious that the dude who made it is very strong willed and wanted to make his own quirky RPG like Mother or Undertale and brute-forced his way into making a game despite not actually having a vision

It's a hard truth that people have to accept in this industry: you have to have a strong design doc that outlines WHY your game is special or don't even bother trying. Even Undertale, derivative as it is, has some fundamentally interesting ideas in both the core gameplay as well as the story. This is one of the lesser discussed aspects of why Nintendo tends to have really creative games: the initial design documents are very brief and describe nearly nothing either than the core gameplay concepts, once they have that solid foundation they can build from there to make something special

I agree. If you haven't, you should find the interview the dev did on the Dick Show. Guy is really fucking pretentious and refuses to see any faults of his own. He even goes as far as to say general audiences didn't understand it by saying his "only mistake was thinking that games were art."

True but I unironically have great beard genetics. It's not just because I think my jaw and chin are weak but I legitimately think it would be a waste of genetics to not have one

hipsters have always been anathema to Yea Forums, that sort of posturing just does not mesh with people who actively seek anonymity

Looks like WarioWare the RPG. I thought people liked that series.

>make music for a game
>advertise game on your twitter
>realize how bad the game is
>delete your post

no one wants to play as a hipster loser from san francisco.

Those kind of people make my blood boil. I've had to deal with them before and I have no idea how I've always managed to keep my posture around them.

Attached: 1457419433779.png (680x501, 673K)

When making a video game, if you HAVE to add gimmicks to gameplay like minigames during turnbased battles, please stick with one and make it far and between

you just don't get it, it's shit on purpose!

>every attack is a minigame
It sounds fun in concept, but that would become tedious really fast.

Can someone explain the plot of this fucking game? I am trying to learn without watching any videos but there is no wiki for this piece of shit and I really don't want to die from watching the videos.

Attached: annoyed.png (600x465, 462K)

Sad thing is the very basic gameplay idea of an RPG that mixes minigames, in the same way Undertale mixes bullet hell, can work. But like you said, this guy likely wanted to make his own little game, clearly had the motivation, but no actual understanding of how to make a game.

I played it until I got to that hipster chick's mind and then I got stuck on a puzzle and dropped it
The game isn't too bad, the worst part are the load times though, shit gets tedious

Tell internet retards to Fuck off and kill themselves

He wants a black bull for his tranny girlfriend(male)

This game looks like a faggot gamedev would make in a TV show unrelated to games.
Fuck me the game showed in the GO HOME GAMER GIRL looks more like a game

People liked WarioWare cause it's a good and fun game. This has the similar idea put into an RPG but the devs were just terrible at it.

I know it involves that one chick who committed suicide(?) by crawling into a hotel water tank, its a mysterious death but the way they treat it in the game is pretty bad

Have you seen footage of the fucking combat system?
How could you play Paper Mario and not grasp that the combat system worked because it was interesting while still being easy, fun, and fast?
All the minigames I saw in Yiik are totally different and slow as molasses.

Because it was utter fucking slow, the shittiest writing I've ever seen, the dumbest plot, worst main character since 2005, SLOW AS SHIT, boring, predictable, retarded and slow.
Did I mention how slow it fucking was? Just look at any gameplay video if you want to suffer.

Which puzzle are you stuck at? If its the 3 buttons you're supposed to use the panda on one and throw the cat at the third one.
Really fucking stupid puzzle. Not only were you never told the cat can press buttons but the motherfucker floats a meter off the ground as well

k kill urself then or stop being homophobic

It was anti-Trump.

Yiik? more like YIKES!

Yeah, Elisa Lam. For some reason it was about her and then they change it or drop it into a fucking crazy reality bullshit. I remember seeing some part before the golden alpaca that it some nonsense where they can leave their body behind and use their souls to find a new reality. I don't get it.

A post-mortem RPG

Wait, is the game offensive to players with no names?

>asking for a player name is insensitive
Am i missing something?

Attached: 1554733991578.gif (261x253, 1.44M)

the game has offensive things in it period

Anybody find out anything about this guy yet? I don't actually want to play the game to find out because it looks tedious.

Attached: D0wIgg3XQAYw0DH.png (657x1142, 19K)

cause the main character looks like a 2007-era hipster and people still think theyre unique for hating on that scene

It's fun when done competently, the problem here is that it's stupidly slow.

They asked it in a way that would offend trannies.
"What name did your parents give you" or something like that.

Personally I was offended by the naming sequence in the beginning since it asks you for the names of your friends and assumes you have friends

The game does explain it though. Let’s be real 99% of you guys didn’t even play the game in earnest, you went into it wanting to hate it because the protagonist looks like a fag

I think it asked something like "what name did your parents give you" which triggered any trans people because that's deadnaming you shitlords.

>you went into it
I wouldn't play your shitty game if you paid me to

I found out he has a really small face

If multiple reviews point out that the MC is a piece of shit, his redemption should be a big deal. But that isn't how it came out, apparently.
Scott Pilgrim is a selfish asshole, but most idiots just think he's cool. You can make a piece of shit likeable, and when he gets better that's better for everyone. Yiik failed at that.

Attached: Ramona Beach.jpg (552x556, 36K)

>Yea Forums hated this game before it came out for being "SJW trash"
>game comes out and the twitter mob doesn't like the game either because it's fuckin bad
>Yea Forums now LOVES this game and it was UNDERRATED

uh huh

Attached: yikes no thanks.png (338x484, 111K)

Apparently people still haven't figured out what to do with him to get the 3rd ending.

They sped up the combat in a patch a few weeks after launch, I haven't seen any videos of it though.

Why the fuck do people actually use their real name for this shit? In 20+ years of playing games, not once have I actually thought "Well, I wouldn't lie to a video game"
>What did you parent's name you?
>CuntMongler

Text too close to the border of the box.

You're making a real big assumption that people who review games actually finish them.

Are we reading the same thread?

what are you talking about? did you even read this thread at all? Or did you take op's obvious bait?

Ya think that alpaca was bad? Well yer in for a treat!

youtube.com/watch?v=CkoIUhl8jKU
youtube.com/watch?v=47XW7jx9F9k
youtube.com/watch?v=7wv7HcTjYlI

>unironically being a fucking furry
yikes no thanks

when i was 6 or 7 i named barrett after myself in FF7. i'm white, i just thought the gun hand was cool

It's like in Earthbound, it asks you to name the character you play as, and then asks for your real life name specifically, so that later in the game it can suddenly say your real name and surprise you if you forgot that you input it all those hours ago.

>>CuntMongler
>Not CockMongler

Only when I play as a female.

>i named barrett after myself in FF7
If, as a kid, you didn't name Barrett "Mr. T" at least once, you had a shitty childhood.

Attached: 12809144003927.png (500x500, 10K)

No, nobody has found anything. Andrew promised to tweet another hint on Monday. We've found some stuff that's completely unrelated to the 3rd ending and some cool glitches. What we've been told is:

>Dax is invisible in South Town in Chapter 4 around the time you go to the mall
>You need a special item to see him supposedly on the west side of the map
>He'll ask you to meet him at Sammy's factory in Chapter 5 after the Essentia Dungeon with another item
>You don't need to clip out of bounds or anything weird like that
>There's also a 4th ending (probably branches off the 3rd)
>The method of acquiring the 3rd ending varies slightly between platforms

>Asking someone's name is insensitive
....what?
Are we now afraid of discriminating against nameless people?

The game couldn't get a chance to explain it because the SJWs who played it got five minutes in and decided it was too problematic.
It's funny that he managed to put both sides off of his game.

If I streamed this blind, would anyone want to come watch to mock it with me?

I agree but I think you're going at this from the wrong angle. A lot of media has dickish characters, and they're consistently some of the most adored ones because they make sure to make them entertaining in their dickishness. They become really colorful and take center stage because of it.
It's easy as hell to simply make a character unlikeable, and then rectify that. It's the same principle as just making something shit on purpose, and then pointing the barrel away from your foot. That's not a good thing, that after some time it becomes serviceable. Character development unto itself is just a meme, it doesn't hold any value. It's always all in the execution. If the best thing that can be said for a game is that after X amount of hours, I'll stop trying to learn to play the bongo on my testicles to distract from having to listen to this grating fucking cocksmear, then it's not a very good game. Like if the best thing you've got to say about a particular friend of yours is that "at least he doesn't regularly waterboard me anymore", he's probably not very good company.

Why did they set this in 1999 and then write it like it was set in the modern day?

Attached: 008.jpg (1200x675, 149K)

because it didn't ask for your name normally, it specifically asked for the name you had at birth

What a fucking fag

There were hipsters in 1999?

Because it is set in the modern day, the anachronisms are intentional.

Vella is pretty hot though. Nice legs.

To be fair, Michael is like 17 or 18, so he'd be around 11 or 12 when Secret of Mana came out

>game is set in 1999
>Chrono trigger came out in 1995
>holy grail of my youth
kind of makes sense assuming they're extremely young adults

Because its such a shitty game even completionist autists dont feel bothered to find it

Hipsters tried to emulate what people looked like unironically in the 90s. Minus the hipster glasses frames that's what people actually dressed like

Michael is 19 and Alex is 25, it's told at the very end of the game during a very long winded monologue.

this might be the worst video game music I've ever heard.

Are you seriously invested in this game?

>Random encounters take 4 to 5 minutes to finish

Attached: 1446000951052.jpg (2000x2256, 389K)

I legitimately enjoyed it sue me.

Attached: Good idea.jpg (1920x1080, 165K)

He's probably a fan of "Dax". That's the reason I asked in the first place. I think the game itself looks pretty boring and I can't get over the music.

If you understand how the game works you can 1 or 2 round every fight after the gold alpaca which takes a retarded amount of time no matter what.

One copy of YIIK: A Post-Modern RPG please.

Attached: 1551830770143.jpg (1080x1331, 97K)

Nah, THIS is what people in the 90s though was cool

Attached: b44a1f150f6aae15d3bc4c63e7e5037b.jpg (613x800, 106K)

People back then were really into weird seams on pants apparently

Attached: ef14492965069e8a2edc827663f4482a.jpg (600x982, 101K)

those pants are spot on but flannel button ups like the MC have were absolutely everywhere late 90s in my country

Last one

I'm pretty sure I had one of these shirts growing up

Attached: ekFU6Gz.jpg (1280x1742, 474K)

Friendly reminder this shit got a shirt in Travis Strikes Again

Attached: YIIKES.jpg (848x1200, 169K)

Honestly the biggest crime in the game is nobody wears a Jean Jacket, I remember them being really common when I was a little kid

Attached: jean jacket.jpg (426x568, 35K)

me on the left

only reason you'd even play to the end is to just see her legs in a leotard

>hipsters, hipsters everywhere

I have no idea how they got that.

sex

How about try growing a dick instead of a beard FAAAAG haha

You think that's bad?
youtu.be/F-NoLS-4iSg

this is all sick and wearable besides the hoodie, I want that shirt
I have a huge collection of anime tshirts

Suda's obsessed with indies so he put literally anybody who wanted one in

It really is the big ones that this game misses. People didn't really wear beards (not like they do now at least), thick horn rimmed glasses like MC has weren't cool, and people didnt part their hair like that

Would unironically wear that Japanimation shirt

I miss the trend of wearing shirts over sweatshirts/hoodies, it was comfy AND you could still display whatever graphic your tee had

thinner frames, no plaid. done. you're normal now

Well Alex is explicitly a hipster in the game so how he dresses isn't really meant to be representative of how a normal person in that time period dresses.

Attached: deepest lore.jpg (1920x1080, 254K)

an interesting quirp from the uploader:

"the main reason you go into the sewers is because rory thinks the entity is his sister because he's trying to cope with her suicide and isn't making rational decisions. then alex blows up at him and tells him nobody cares about his dead sister. then the next time you confront rory you can force him to apologize to alex for lying while alex doesnt even acknowledge him or show a hint of empathy

now thats writing"

Literally every white person in the 90's had at least one Bugle Boy shirt.

You can do that but Rory will eventually kill himself if you keep being a dick to him.

Thick-framed glasses are literally the only socially acceptable glasses these days, though, unless you're over 40. If you wear thin frames people think you're a pedophile or something. Plaid is also normal as fuck.

One serious fuckup the character in OP is making, though, is wearing a plaid shirt unbuttoned and with a graphic tee under it. That's like running around waving a flag with "look at me, I'm autistic!" on it.

perhaps

thick frames are for fags, these are the best hands down. light and unobtrusive too

Attached: non-prescription-round-circle-frame-clear-lens-glasses-silver-c612edvi6j5[1].jpg (600x727, 27K)

Only if you're a hipster Asian girl.

the regular-sized small ones look great on guys.
and I look like my ancestors too

lol

>Thick-framed glasses are literally the only socially acceptable glasses these days
literally no one actually gives a fuck what kind of glasses you're wearing, but if you don't want to look like a try hard hipster stereotype, then don't where hipster stereotype garbage.

Attached: 8872fc3b2a29427f5eee2d98543154b2.jpg (561x806, 56K)

I didn't know john lemon had kids

YOOOOOOOO

Attached: th (2).jpg (474x662, 56K)

>dramatic moment
>shitty and totally non fitting music

what the fuck

Mao the dong! goddamn, how've you been?

No you didn't

pls post vids

Not bad, just making sure everyone is being chinked from beyond the grave

Attached: 13770365_733179913505290_9066308132034889063_n[1].jpg (480x323, 20K)

>Dick masterson
Funny name. Who?

This is WAY more hipster than thick-framed glasses. It would've been the other way around five years ago, but now thick frames are mainstream and actual hipsters are wearing thin round wire frame shit, and you have to be really good looking and perfectly dressed to pull them off or you'll just look like a creepy weirdo. The only way this might not be true is if you live in some backwater that's half a decade behind the curve. People here just meme about thick frames because they don't leave their basements enough to realize that it isn't 2012 anymore or that mainstream trends inevitably are just watered down versions of 5-10 year old hipster trends.

>Thick-framed glasses are literally the only socially acceptable glasses these days
You know, the only time I even acknowledge that someone is wearing glasses is either someone I know who doesn't wear glasses shows up one day wearing them, or it its huge novelty 2004 New Year's Eve glasses.
Just go to a store and see what looks good on you.

And doing a damn fine job of it! I'll see you at the game on Saturday, gotta run.

Attached: 1547979761348.jpg (728x1035, 102K)

A key reason people liked Undertale is that it actually had different variants of the minigame for every encounter.

lol, sure
you're just ahead of the curve, it's gonna catch on any minute now, it wasn't just a silly fad

Ok so get this: Toby Fox was actually involved with Yiikes as the composer of the one almost competent tracks.
He tweeted pic related and DELETED IT after having presumebly played the game.

Attached: MomentsBeforeDisaster.jpg (750x1047, 143K)

>you have to be really good looking and perfectly dressed to pull them off
Sounds like a good motivator right there.

We called them yuppies back then before it became a fashion trend

That always cracks me up

this is a dumb argument to make to begin with because the shape of your face largely determines how shitty or decent a pair of glasses are going to look on you, not the style itself

this and BUM equipment or body glove

Mostly because of grunge but yeah

Well fuck them can't they just imagine their parents knew they were trans and named them Lactacia?

youtube.com/watch?v=G0EQ9goWZ0s
not a bad song

>and you have to be really good looking and perfectly dressed to pull them off
Be fit and dress well no matter who you are. Just fucking do it.

>the mc is supposed to be an unlikable cunt
>surprised when people dont like him
>literally "I-i-i-it gets g-g-good 40 h-hours in" argument

LEMONADE
E
M
O
N
A
D
E

>trans person decides they need a female name because their male name doesn't suit them
>instead they give themselves some weird ass made up name that's so stupid not even a stripper would use as a stage name
What's the deal? if they want a female name why don't they pick a female name like Susan or Mary?

thanks shia

I can't believe they didn't playtest it with 1 to 5 people outside of their friend circle.

Good question. I fucking weirdo I used to work with just changed her name from Brian to Alyss. It's Alice but spelled weird so that it will look cool.
Jesus.

I hope to god this game comes with a seizure warning because it really fucking needs one.

I can.

Plus how many times did this game get delayed again?

The gameplay is some of the worst RPG mechanics to grace a published marketed title and it makes a ton of purposely bad to make a symbolic point design choices like a low rent Suda51 or SWERY without having any of the charm or synergy to carry you through those bad design decisions.

On the surface, Michael gets a whopping 3 or 2 (can't remember) special attacks in the game one being a useless debuff and the other a enemy party wide attack that if you use the cheat option in the menu to maximize the max amount of clicks will maybe do 20 damage to each unit out of their 600 or so health. Rory is another example, a character that does no fighting but tanks and has some gimmick moves to support the team which on paper sounds cool, but when you initially get Rory the difficulty is trivial but tedious and from that point there's only a couple of dungeons and still no reason to lower your damage output by using Rory since enemies do little damage but have a ton of health. Then the most difficult dungeon in the game is a Alex/Android two teamer meaning Rory let alone the rest of the cast and their skills you've unlocked are unused. The end game past that is just a series of scripted bosses you're forced to lose and a few mini bosses that are pushovers, of which comes after 30 loading triple loading screen days of having the option to grind, listen to 7 different group chats or go back and forth into your room to initial the loading screens so you're party can get prepared for a scripted boss in some kind of elaborate Persona reference.

There's just so many terrible design decisions in the game, and the fact the dev blames the bad press from SJWs initial hostility to Yea Forums thinking the game is pro SJW for its bad critical response is telling they are unable to step back and look at their own work objectively when it needed it.

Attached: 1273644001561.jpg (550x682, 268K)

if they were able to look at their work subjectively they wouldn't have made it like that in the first place

rightoids thought it was s*y, leftoids thought it was sexist

He deleted it like the day of release, as soon as trannies and Yea Forumsirgins alike started shitting on it everywhere.

The "we tried to copy games we like but couldn't understand what made them work" vibes are so strong its depressing. It's trying so hard to be like Paper Mario meets Persona and falls flat on its face. Instead of fun, fast, fresh combat its boring and slow. Instead of surprising asthetics that clash with rpg norms but are charming in their own way, it's shockingly ugly and dissonant.
What a disaster.

Exactly. That's subconscious stuff.

Rory has some use in being able to one shot mimics which normally take an eternity to kill as well as an optional miniboss that gives a lot of xp. Michael is totally useless outside the first couple dungeons though because his skills don't really scale but he at least has good damage at the start of the game.

Also the people saying the game combat takes too long have to be cheap whores about using consumables in RPGs because Vella's Feedback and Alex's skills basically wipe any encounter in the game.

Bruh, don't listen to morons on Yea Forums. Hell, if you wear plaid, keep the plaid while you're at it. Women like guys with a sense of style, even if it's played out.

Woah... d-did an alpaca just come out of nowhere? A GOLDEN alpaca?! How random XD

Attached: holds up spork.jpg (425x425, 5K)

A guy who got on Dr. Phil to troll women. One of the better YouTube vids I’ve seen.

youtu.be/T0xoKiH8JJM

I dont know why, but the thought of someone forced to praise kusoge like these in public for one reason or another, only to let it all loose in anonymous forum like Yea Forums is always fun to me. Its okay bud, Milly from PR wont find you here. Like anyone else had said, this game literally dont know what makes game fun.

>discover this video as a kid and laugh thinking he is serious
>find out about the man years later and laugh about how well he trolled everyone
>listen to his podcast for 2 years and realize he WAS serious
Wild ride

what fucking planet do you hail from?

Is there one of Pato Box?

thedickshow.com/episode-144/

For those who haven't seen it, he comes on at like 1 hour 46 minutes or so talking about his game coming under attack by trannies.

just find a better character that looks like you

Attached: Untitled-6.png (350x350, 43K)

Are you playing post "beta patch"? Alex's skills did similar damage to Michael's pre patch along with Vella's. Post patch Alex actually one shots even the end game bosses in one hit.

There's honestly no defending the RPG system in it, it went from broken on one end to broken on the other which is hilarious.

>literally not reading the thread before being contrarian

Attached: StraightToShadman.jpg (582x626, 75K)

>Ripping off Ideon
Bravo Western indies

I like how scott cawthon made a good game using the same idea (minigames during battle) with pilgrim's progress and these people did not learn a thing from it

I played the game when it first released, I remember slaughtering things in one or two hits with Alex's "EP strike" skill and just put all his points in PP so he could use that more.

I'm not saying the RPG battling is good by the way, the entire game just gives up on being remotely challenging after the Alpaca. But I wouldn't call it slow unless you're just skipping every single side quest and refusing to use skills in battle.

>I sighed as the elevator began to shake, vibrating with motion.

Attached: I sighed as the elevator began to shake, vibrating with motion.jpg (1600x900, 145K)

He deleted it because people found out the creator is a right winger that's appeared on alt-right podcasts. The main character is a parody of a onions boy hipster and not a self insert as a lot of people here seem to think.

Post yfw you will never be in Chicago

Attached: lel2.gif (600x580, 436K)

HE'S IN

Attached: Smash.jpg (1920x1080, 317K)

Isn't he an SJW himself?

Wow what a great looking game, what's it called? I recommend this to everyone young and old.

No

Shit gameplay, annoying characters, entire plot was shit.

No, people missed the point of the game hard on all sides. Everyone thought the game was going to be about an sjw and his diversity buddies saving the world in an earthbound esque type adventure, it's actually about a manchild refusing to grow up by engaging in a hopeless hunt for a missing girl.

YIIKes: a post mortem game made by Ahck!

Attached: 1452415945734.gif (120x220, 385K)

The zoomer boomer bloomer doomer is a psyop.

I find it funny that a lot of the backlash against this game on here is solely because a hoax image of a random beta male that looks like the main character(who intentionally is supposed to look like an insufferable asshole) so people claimed he was the developer and that the MC was a self-insert.

The fuck is this? 12fps?

What the fuck is this music

Shitty recording software, the game doesn't actually run like that. Everything else is unedited though.

youtube.com/watch?v=du4ah36CrQ4

I don't know why this stupidass song has grown on me, it's bad to the point it loops to being funny.

>the left hates this game because it's "alt-right" and "transphobic"
>the right hates this game because it's "SJW" and "progressive"

Has there ever been a game this hated by all sides for completely different political reasons before? Which side is even correct here?

>mfw this looks like me and my ex right down to the name and twink with retro camera

I want to die

The left is closer to being correct than the right, the game is "problematic" sometimes.

Attached: ethnic.jpg (1920x1080, 285K)

I guarantee neither "side" actually played the game

Wait what? It wasn't a joke?

Everyone should hate this game.
See

>shitty art style that looks clearly made by a weeb trying to draw anime
>shitty low-poly "style" that misses the point of limited graphics
>shit gameplay
>shit story
>hipsters

Are the tree leaves made of vomit or diarrhea?

>story manages to confuse and piss off everybody
>gameplay and sound design suck complete dick

How do you do it, Yea Forums?

Attached: 1433189207826.jpg (768x512, 116K)

A lot of the shit you think is a joke isn't a joke. That's why I hate this place. But it's also why I love it. If I ever get hatecrimed I know it's gonna be one of you fags.

He's playing up a character for the Dr Phil show but he really does believe those things deep down.

Were you overleveled or at level with the content? I matched the level of my enemies and made Alex a glass cannon and he'd take about 3 EP strikes assuming I used the cheat option. The problem was to get to Alex again who is one of the only ones who deals damage you gotta have three other party members go, and 4 enemies go, and if those 4 enemies do a party attack each party member has to dodge minigame, and if all 4 of those enemies do it that's 16 damage minigames in a row which I specifically had happen in certain areas. It became an issue of not thinking of how to win battles or enjoying the game but how to most brutal efficiently make fights go as fast as possible with the least amount of animations.

Why would cheat option matter for EP strike? It's one attack. I admit it has been a long time since I played it pre-patch though, maybe I just don't remember that well. There's not even that many encounters per area though, like 3-4 in a room max. Not like other RPGs where you fight 40+ encounters and they take 10 seconds each, more like 10 and they take 3 min.

THERE'S ANY PORN OF THE GIRLS! COME ON! AT LEAST GIVE ME PORN OF THEM! THE GAME SUCKS!

This guy is absolutely hilarious
youtube.com/watch?v=Am-wMjclso0

Well, me having played games for two decades can just look at and find three fundamentally broken aspects that render the gameplay unfun.

Dev's just making excuses. I don't know if they didn't have play testers or just didn't find some that were harsh enough, but it's not a good game just looking at it. If it had a fantastic story it would be worth it to one or two fuckers to stomach it, but from what I heard it's a story that seems to be missing sections at the end and doesn't have character development.

>hipsters think they're charming
>so much so that they think they're likable enough to be PCs
They should be burnt

What's with the fucking framing, I feel like i'm getting dizzy as hell

This

The game pulls from at least two different series and never marries them in any real way so the game fails in at least two fundamental ways, it's actually kind of sad

How has no one posted what the devs look like already?

Attached: d89.png (2119x782, 1.71M)

because those aren't the devs, dummy

>Cardboard cutout of the girl is looking like a psycho bitch

Attached: 1355522312673.jpg (493x352, 35K)

>youtube.com/watch?v=Am-wMjclso0
>desTINY

Mini-games killed the game to me

I don't even know what this is but I hate it just looking at the characters in the screenshot.

the combat minigame mechanics are just terrible and ridiculously slow/repetitive and the JRPG mechanics are very shallow
but the real reason it was hate is because it's not progressive/political enough for the retarded left, and "anti-sjws" hated it because they thought it was gonna be political woke garbage but it's not
it's just a game about hipsters made by an "oldschool" late 00's hipster who just wanted to make a pretentious weird game

>There was one autist on Yea Forums spamming threads about this literal who game for YEARS.
nice historical revisionism

people are saying they tried playing it, not that they liked it

I saw a screenshot with guy in some club (ingame) retweeted by Dick

obnoxious Basedlord main character written by a pretensions weeb.

Garoad's songs in YIIKES are the best songs in the game

this

Beard is one of the coolest characters in HM, just say you're cosplaying him and no one will question you

In game every character mentions how she has resting bitch face.
It's very intentional.

>"Wow I am a gamer, I enjoy all the classics"
>"By the way, did you also play the other game the devs of this game played?"

That line actually got me angry because I did and it was fucking trash.

Attached: 1555018098520.gif (500x341, 1.63M)

This reminds of the sam hyde pony game in that it feels like a deliberate psychic assault on me.

>the fucking maze shit

Why did he do this?

Quit being a pussy, I met plenty of beard gingers who are more alpha than you because they don't worry about Yea Forums memes.

on the surface maybe, just like every other basic bitch lib who enables the retardation that is happening on the left
but he's also not entirely a woke blumpf hating commie faggot
at least that's the impression I got, could be wrong

The creator said the MC was written intentionally to come off as rude so he could grow as a character. There's no way a game this soi looking could be problematic

>nu/v/ thinks this is a good game
Please give me one reason why I should keep supporting the Western Video Game Industry

I'm not watching that video but if I it's what I think it is then that wasn't a "debate", Dick just joined the stream to call out Density on what a massive disingenous faggot he is with his petty and underhanded debating tactics.

every so often they rub their chromosomes together hard enough they manage to make a good game

Attached: header.jpg (460x215, 51K)

Because it is shit.

there is no western industry as a whole dumb nigger

Don't. Unironically don't.

>Bitch screams about running away
>Everyone stand still because LEL RPG
>Alpaca out of nowhere
>Trying to be funny with this sort of shitty social interaction and behavior
The gameplay has some potential but everything else is dogshit. You can't have a character scream for their life when they don't even do anything on screen about it. Fuck that

Attached: 1340808209469.png (407x478, 97K)

>Yea Forums likes anonymous agony but hates YIIK even though they suffer from most of the same problems

Attached: 1446919342349.jpg (545x416, 45K)

>Hey look we're in Chicago
>Desert in the background

What the fuck

AA isn't much of a slog though since it's literally just a VN and the dialogue is so bad that it becomes amazingly hilarious while YIIK's is just bad.

Also the voice acting is much more enjoyable and Haze's VA is actually fucking great.

YE

Attached: aa craig.png (193x244, 76K)

isn't the bearded dude wayyy fatter irl?

that picture you guys keep posting is a random dude from twitter, not the dev.

AA doesn't look like AASS
Can't say the same for Yikes

Attached: 1505185769781.png (2634x3072, 1.24M)

>He thinks Yea Forums likes Anonymous agony
It was hilariously bad, user. Also Ye Ye, Ye. There is nothing hilarious about Yiikes

Attached: 1549414566460.png (500x326, 214K)

>The gameplay has some potential
what fucking video were you watching, the gameplay is easily the worst part of the video beyond the mindbendingly bad sound design

Found the Dick worshiper

It was a joke. He shits on men as well, he defends both men and women, he just doesn't worship either. His current persona which is essentially just his real self but pushed to absurdity for the sake of comedy is completely different from his old menarebetterthanwomen persona which was completely satire. The only way you could claim both are the same is if you think everyone who critiques general behavior in their culture is a misogynist. You clearly didn't listen to much of his podcast or you're so autistic you can't tell when he's blatantly being hyperbolic. Listen to it enough and you'll notice how night and day it is when he's joking around, and when he's being serious. When he's serious, he's a really bright and reasonable guy.

Honestly I would have played it if the writing wasn't demonstrated to be shit and the main character wasn't so unlikeable. It's especially frustrating because with more thought and care put through it looks like it might have actually been a great game.

Didn't the devs flip the fuck out on people calling it "YIIKES" because the "II" was meant to be "2" and the title is Y2K, as in the millennium data crash scare?

"You can't even meme it as being called YIIKES you morons, that would make it "Y2KES" and that's meaningless!"

Attached: uhh.jpg (479x344, 33K)

Putting Dick in the game won't convince me to buy your dumpster fire of a game

They shouldn't have made it look like two I's then.

Are you a fellow 90s bro in his 30s as well?

you know those sweatshirts with a whole bunch of unrelated video game logos, mascots and characters on them? this is that but a video game

I love how these aren't even the devs but it somehow went viral to be perceived as that anyway.

Wait, is it actually supposed to be Y2K and not Yiik?
That's like the Oneders gag from That Thing You Do. Tom Hanks made them change it for a reason.

Attached: the wonders.jpg (781x393, 50K)

How can anyone possibly take women serious when they scream, bitch and whine about "female sexualization in video games" when the ugly bitches always design their own characters as a million times hotter than they actually are?

That's not proper representation. That's a warped, idealized standard of femininity that they can't live up to.

Attached: hmhm.jpg (604x403, 39K)

LEMONADE

Attached: Dream_Lemonade_Sprite.png (66x90, 4K)

Not interested in PerSoyna

To be honest I think this song's fucking deflated sound actually fits the character very well.

It's supposed to be based off a real event where the internet almost got destroyed in the late 90's because of a millennium bug or something.

Here's a game for you user: you have to watch the entirity of this video without rolling your eyes, x'ing out of it, or skipping ahead. Watch it from start to finish.

Attached: 1554315561823.png (600x600, 657K)

Test

This is literally the worst story direction I've seen in a game.The dialog feels like a an unfunny 90s nerd/liberal mix from the 90s making fun of 2010s liberals well at the same time is a 2010s hipster trying to emulate what they think are 90s
hipsters.
All the characters have the same load mouth over the top panicking personality .The pop culture references almost feels like satire that's defensively projecting, mocking nerd culture well being on the lower end of it.

>Because it is set in the modern day
The title is literally a reference to Y2k.It's satire/throwback to 90s nerd culture from a millennial who never experienced that era.

You could do essays on that how bad this game is.

I am a shadow... the true self....

Its just shit

youtu.be/sPX6B8ZKqkI

The gameplay from 2015 resembles 2019's release exactly. They just slapped together a turn based battle system and ignored it while making the rest of the game. The result is a sloppy game with arbitrary mechanics that end up detracting the quality than enhancing. Those stupid minigames for every attack slows combat to a crawl.

Turn based RPGs need game design too. I dont think they ever realised it.

Had it done last year.

You take a hit on night vision and your eyes might feel dry for a few months, but you can use eye drops. Depending on how bad your sight is, you might need to get a touch up or two.

Small price for not having to wear glasses until you're past 40.

Worth it.

Finally someone thats noticing the music. I saw everyone complaining about everything but the music and I thought I was going insane.

It's nobody else bothered Sonic Chronicles tier of random sounds on a constantly changing beat? I get they were going for the Earthbound-esque quirkiness, but this is just cxomplete shit

I'm aware of the Y2K issue, I was in high school. I meant that the name of the game is stupid because everyone thinks it's Yiik. They were trying to be cute and they fucked it up, which is true of every other aspect of the game so at least they're consistent.

>This is how all women feel, as I've gathered from my experience
>All feminism has to believe the same thing
>Schools of feminist thought can't disagree amongst themselves without it being called savage in-fighting
Where do TERFs belong in the standard of femininity, apart from self-evident transphobia?

Tries way too hard to be different and the creators missed the point of why some niche games are loved.

Also you can tell they thought this would be a hit, which is more laughable.

Wait they were serious about that? Hooooooooooooooooooly fuck. Is this entire game just the dev trying to be super smart and no one giving a shit and thus the devs literally explaining their intentions on twitter?
Man when I first saw this game I thought it was going to be pretentious garbage but it blew my expectations out of the stratosphere. I'll jack off to that main girl though.

Damn user, you've got to be as old as me. 33-37

Alex: VELLA WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON
>Vella takes time to explain everything in detail
Alex: VELLA CAN YOU EXPLAIN WHAT'S GOING ON HERE
>Vella repeats herself about 15 times
Alex: VELLA WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON WHAT IS ALL THIS ABOUT

Attached: YIKES-e1505778083559.jpg (678x562, 36K)

>baba is you
>western

It's terribly written, it feels like a kid's essay filled with empty words for the sole sake of meeting a quota. It says the same things over and over using several different adjectives that all mean the same shit, only for the sole sake of sounding cool and smart, like one of those teens discovering Thesaurus exists for the first time.
All of this while it emanates an annoying aura of self praising smug.
At this point I kinda pity the devs, they were truly convinced of their masterpiece and it must feel bad being mocked by everyone, but goddamn this game truly seems written by a 14yo kid. Even Yea Forums has a better writing style.

I think it was more about people calling it "yick" unironically. They have a character explain right after starting a new game so they were probably pissed about it.

I thought so too, until the devs began a big fucking twitter tirade about how utterly idiotic people who were mocking the game were when they couldn't even get the name right.

He even put up this passive-aggressive banner on steam afterwards thinking it would stop people from saying "Yiikes"

Attached: yiikes.png (616x110, 151K)

What do I get if I win?

>Shave ‘stache.
>It comes back after 3 days.
>When it’s gone, grey still remains.

IT'S PRONOUNCED WHY-TWO-KAY

Shame and also cunny

Attached: 1555134265801.jpg (800x600, 127K)

>game made for tumblr audience
>tumblr audience still hates it
Why? It's not like tumblrinas care about quality in video games as long as these games embrace their narrative or they're made by their allies/friends

Attached: 1554884830828.png (548x649, 271K)

Oh no, I actually kind of like this.

Wait hold on
Is that yuriofwind voicing the blonde guy
What the fuck

Okay, I did it. I sat through all of it. Now I want to die. Was that your goal, user?

So does anyone know how much the game sold?
What does the dev even do for money? All his games are shit and took forever

No one looks better with mustache

>All his games are shit
Wait. He made more game? Lol! Which ones?

Attached: selleck 2handsome.jpg (285x500, 75K)

Two Brothers
It is shit

Attached: Capture.png (337x450, 173K)

lemonade

Wait, Yiik was made by Ackk? That's pottery.

>defending destiny
yikes

I remember that. It looked promising but it mostly had negative reviews for being so glitchy and with crappy controls. Unless I confused it with another similar game.

youtu.be/mZoHGtYN1T4
It's called prog you fucking pleb, get some taste.

I hate this nu-male beta look so fucking much. It's the worst trend ever even worse than tumblr hair on women.

because it sucks, it's literally just a bad game with bad systems and even worse writing

Do you have a single fact to back that up?

Yeah the dev's Mom died around the time the game came out which crashed the quality of the game, they eventually pulled the game from the store and are apparently remaking it.

I feel like im going to have a seizure if I keep watching this, I made it 3 minutes.
The "mini games to do your turn" thing works but you have to actually stitch it together smoothly like paper mario did.
This is jittery and flashy and all over the place, the music doesn't help either and just adds that that "nauseous" feeling.

As far as I know, prog isn't made out of MIDI sounds in minor keys

What. Were the. Voiceactors. Thinking?

Why is the frame rate so bad?
Did this guy do some yanderedev shit with his code?

>the dev's Mom died around the time the game came out which crashed the quality of the game
Doubt it. Sounds like a poor excuse for this game's crappy quality.

This looks like a fake game made for a tv show. It's constantly changing which I almost like, but so much of it animates weirdly. Like it's always stuttering.

The image itself is fine, what makes (or doesn't make) it onions is your attitude, facial expression and the look in your eyes.

>you fucking pleb
>listening to random sounds with no real meaning nor value
this has been nowhere near real prog, kek

vimeo.com/239881901

So did anyone even try to get the new game plus ending?

What the fuck did I just watch?

Attached: 1555099781177.jpg (960x854, 99K)

It’s the same, if you mean 3rd/secret ending nobody has found it even people looking

I think there is
if not just pester them

this looks like the only video game in hell

I unironically like AS for the plot of "man hates his parents and pedophiles" going from revenge story to fighting an ex-con pedo Mastermind and learning that the LaLiLuLeLo are controlling the internet

>YIIK took at the attention from Jimmy and the Pulsating Mass
>Jimmy got shit sales despite a bunch of people liking it and even making videos about it months after launch
Must suck being an indie RPG dev. One hot topic can make or break you. I bet YIIK has put a bad taste in people's mouths for indies.

Attached: ss_884da3c6ab5a243dbdd2d0073015b00e74a495a3.1920x1080.jpg?t=1540053863.jpg (544x416, 70K)

Which ones?

I liked it

Attached: yiik dream.png (1920x1080, 1.09M)

Not really, people don't lump all indie games together, just like nobody lumps AAA games together, except for memes on shitposting on Yea Forums.

Maybe his game would have a little better sales if it wasn't released at same time with other highly anticipated games with much bigger audience.

>just like nobody lumps AAA games together, except for memes on shitposting on Yea Forums.
youtube is lumping them together as well

the protagonist would look decent outside a video game. You are fine as long as you don't behave like him and say shit like this:

Attached: yiik.jpg (1280x720, 226K)

Why do they look so disgusting?

They are JRPG fans

but user I named him Ice Cube

Attached: 1473651961033.jpg (554x439, 43K)

>Philosophy is a skill, not just something losers with no direction study to feel smart
>Psych is anything except pseudoscience
Top kek

We've had indie cameos in worse games

Attached: mighty_no_9_ninja_gaiden_z.0.jpg (1200x800, 119K)

Everything else about this game aside, how the fuck did anyone in the dev team think that "YIIK: A Postmodern RPG" was a good idea for the game's title?

The first part "YIIK" is literally begging for critics to refer to it as "YIKES". The second part "A Postmodern RPG" sounds so goddamn pretentious. Did nobody at the dev team have ANY kind of self-awareness on how dumb the title sounds?

Finland is still in the West

Attached: DrjmGe3XQAE5NeM.jpg orig.jpg (2000x1257, 626K)

>unironic furry reaction image
>also incapable of reading

Attached: 1538285708405.jpg (750x744, 529K)

miketendo64.com/2019/01/18/travis-strikes-again-t-shirt-guide/
Yikes!

>Furi
absolutely, completely, and utterly based

>all that indie stuff
>and then Majora's fucking Mask
wh

Attached: what.gif (320x320, 1.71M)

Finns are mongols user

>this rpg maker looking UI
>that garbage minimalist artstyle
>that slow-ass battle system with minigames that takes ages to beat
>that completely unfitting mellow battle song for what is apparently a tense moment

Jesus Christ.

Looks like shit

Finland is North, you idiots

The only finish guy I know has blonde hair and blue eyes

>inspired by earthbound and persona
This is the issue right here, and it applies not just to this game, but tons of other indie games. They are essentially made by weaboos, trying to copy another country's culture. Unsurprisingly, the result ends feeling phony and uninspired.

Attached: 4cf4060b-da6a-41a6-8d72-c45608a4e7a0.png (598x480, 79K)

Indie games like Shovel Knight have also been inspired by retro classic Japanese games but at least they do it right. Too bad most Western indie games aren't that good and/or fresh.

That plot twist still baffles the shit out of me. What was it, STARIUM? STRAYUM? Amazing.

Arilou Lalee'lay?

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (480x360, 18K)

So? Look at his eyes, it very likely is slanted.

>all these indie devs ripping off earthbound
>nobody takes inspiration from an rpg that came out in the same year as earthbound with a much better and creative take on the 'zany americana' theme

Attached: Superhero League of Hoboken.gif (640x400, 60K)

>Obscure as hell DOS game
>Expecting from millennials to know its existence or have a liking to "problematic stuff from the past"

Nice argument

Attached: unit.jpg (460x320, 27K)

>wondering why a special snowflake faggot would want a special snowflake faggot name

Earthbound's pretty American as far as culture goes though. I think it's just devs don't know how to make things out of their own inspirations anymore

>that filename
Shit, son.

Christ, I wish Galak-Z had been an actually good game.

sounds like he should have foregone game dev and just written a book.

The guy on the right looks fucking weak and he's a posterboy for a movement which pussified men worldwide and acts like being weak is somehow a good thing, which means that the people who made this game also support men getting weak.

That wouldn't have happened if jimmy was even unique to begin with. At least Yiik as bad as it was had a unique presentation and identity, jimmy in the other hand...Explains why people would forget and overlook it easily

Hell, I even saw people shilling this game by yiik's failure like you are doing right now

This game is the prime example of the "Idea Guy" type of dev. The one who thinks his idea is groundbreaking, while in reality its just painfully average or plain bad. The worst part is these people are not matured in the head therefore they jerk off each other to mother games and think its the best shit ever. They completely lack self criticism and criticism from others and spend more time on social media than working on the game. These people need a grim reminder: they are not as much of a special snowflake they think they are, their ideas are shit and may have been done already in a better way.

Attached: yikes.jpg (764x713, 309K)

hipsters wet dream

Is there anyone that literally monologues that way in real life?

Ultradeep hipsters like the dev probably do

The thing I don't get is, why have the character tell us this when the game could just show it happening?

The dev wanted to show off his amazing writing skills, obviously.

Watching a gameplay video should help you understand

Did the Vita port ever come out or did "we're gonna miss the date by a few weeks" mean "we gave up on that and are just gonna string you along for months"?

>the vibration of the elevator reminded me of the dildo my wife had put in my ass last night. Just like this elevator, I was trapped with that thing inside me until she told me I could take it out. Only this time I was the dildo that was trapped inside. Her bull had made a special point to mock me after their love-making and made me leave it in even longer. I hope that wasn't a portent of things to come, I can't handle being trapped in tight spaces.

As opposed to vibrating with stillness, I guess?

Nah fags deserve to die faggot

Because hipster culture was 10 years ago.

I do it all the time. You should try it. It's a great way to make people uncomfortable around you, if they weren't already.
>go to the store
>user set his two items on the counter: a crumpled bag of cheetos and monster energy drink. "find everything ok?" the shopkeep glared
>with some shame user paid the bill with a EBT food stamp card. he whisked it into his pocket quickly, hoping no one would see.

Looks like my kind of stupid game apparently I have shit taste, sue me are the Switch, PC and PS4 versions the same?

this is nauseating, i had to turn the sound of after a couple of minutes

Attached: 1423779112927.jpg (593x439, 86K)

I remember seeing the trailer and assuming it was about a chick (daughter?) lost in crazy Escheresque dimensions with protag searching for her there.
Which I thought was a fun concept (especially if you channel some Lovecraft into it). But I assume it isn't really the plot or the focus from this thread? Never bothered to actually research further.

The ginger fuck wants to solve the mystery of a chick who disappeared from an elevator. That chick in game is very blatantly based on a real woman who killed herself.

Because the story is him telling a story to someone.