Why do the Japanese hate Western video games?

Why do the Japanese hate Western video games?
Is it xenophobia?

Attached: 1454751269122.gif (350x201, 340K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=p14NZKy_BvM
youtube.com/watch?v=_BVX4o2WhPQ
youtube.com/watch?v=VfiCnl0MjJE
rpgsite.net/news/5825-read-what-japanese-gamers-wrote-on-the-top-20-of-famitsu-s-best-rpg-poll
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

And Westerners (who don't have shit taste) hate Western games too. No mater where you're from, western games are just garbage. It's not xenophobia, it's logical

>hate Western video games?
Who doesn't?

Nope. The Japanese love westerners. It's just that western video games are not actually very good, generally speaking.

They see video games as their own thing even though they didn't create them.

Western games are shit.

There was a /vr/ thread looking back at the initial reveal of Mario 64, but I guess it's gone now. The jap literally lost his fucking mind talking to an American.
>doki doki shita!
They love us, and they hate jews.

Japs love good western shit though.

Attached: 1518400978_kenshi02-復元.jpg (1980x1114, 1.23M)

Western games used to be alright until they decided to stop putting cute girls in them all to appease fat feminists who are threatened by fucking pixels

Because is shit.

Attached: 1424887912983.jpg (248x252, 33K)

They don't though. Some games like Doom and Elder Scrolls have dedicated modding communities over there and Witcher 3 was quite popular with Japs too although that's more Eastern than anything.

Not really. It just doesn't match their culture. Same reason Japanese games typically aren't mainstream here.

cope harder, you're ugly and your games suck

Maybe they're just bad, ever thought about that honey? hm?

such as?

Resident Evil, you unimaginably stupid pile of shit.

I just posted one, you buffoon.

Attached: DeX4hPvU0AA7eew.jpg large.jpg (2000x2000, 715K)

They don't. I've been teaching Japanese highschoolers for 5 years and the same multiplayer shooters popular in the west are popular among them. Over the years they've talked about CoD, Rainbow Six, and now Fortnite.

Attached: _20181206_121808.jpg (4504x2254, 2.2M)

but do they Minecraft?

Yes, absolutely. I'm not sure it's as popular now as it once was, but it's certainly a game that gets played.
Knives Out is also really popular now, though I don't know if that's Western or maybe Korean.

After the PS2/Xbox/Cube era all western games turned into absolute crap with SJW influence and the fucking same RE4 OTS camera. It's just a big waste of time with feminazi propaganda.

Japan is filled with westaboos who like the media.

Attached: Lum and Ataru dancing.webm (468x360, 2.88M)

I LOVE LUM

Attached: lumsleep.gif (500x333, 1.38M)

Who says they do?

The jews.

soul
also soul

WHY THE FUCK CANT LUM BE REAL BROS AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Attached: megane1.jpg (1280x956, 177K)

Nips are dumb and stupid

LISA

Attached: 3cbb1a23b22f57dab37a6af0cd0e9540.jpg (600x1000, 133K)

Jews are dumb and stupid.

do they ever talk negatively about Western games or they just don't care

Western AAA console games are 90% shit and have been for at least a decade. Western indie games are great, but also PC centric and PC isn't very popular in Japan and many of them probably don't have Japanese translations.

whyd ou remind me bro fUCK i JUST MANAGED TO REPRESS IT AAAAAA

They don't really focus on the negative. They talk about what they enjoy. This is all school assignments or casual chat, I don't see what they post on 2channel or anything.
Usually if I ask "what are your vacation plans" they'll include something about playing smartphone games, online multiplayer, or arcade stuff.

That looks like shit though

They love to suck western dick but western games are fucking bad. You can't even pretend to like them.

I like when Japs make artwork about Western stuff

Attached: 1552614957934.jpg (1200x900, 839K)

Attached: Lum Dance.webm (1072x714, 778K)

Attached: Rumic World.webm (1280x720, 2.89M)

Attached: Chio-chan western games.png (1125x1600, 684K)

Western devs want me to keep buying mtx shit, jap devs want me to have fun with just the base game.

Attached: Chio-chan jrpgs.png (1125x1600, 797K)

Hate is a strong word, it's more like uninterested within the mass gamer populace. I'm sure otaku give them a solid chance.

Attached: Untitled.png (1280x1440, 1.38M)

Siege. Live broadcast.
youtube.com/watch?v=p14NZKy_BvM

what the fuck is this bullshit

because weebs think japanese are collectively very intelligent and have opinions similar to theirs

Thanks, I'm gonna go watch Beautiful Dreamer now.

>weeabo that does not know any japanese person

TANKED

>This gun
>The Heroine's a Gorilla
Never gets old

Attached: 1549937419784.png (1500x1332, 442K)

a lot of Japanese let's players played through Cuphead
youtube.com/watch?v=_BVX4o2WhPQ

It's the other way around. Western media makes it a point to look down on the Japanese while the Japanese are too busy playing their games. Go on niconico and look at what games are being streamed. It's almost certainly some BR or a shooter.

Attached: 1534966150459.png (300x320, 201K)

you can't have her Mendou

Who murdered JFK? Who bombed the USS Liberty? Who bombed the Twin Towers?

Dark souls.

The jewz

>MUH 3D
Retarded gosling poster.

be quiet goy

Attached: IMG_9095.jpg (604x604, 37K)

The only good games made in the west (if you can call them that) are those from Warsaw pact countries and France.

Attached: 1554825003323.png (872x988, 691K)

>create a narrative where every aspect of your culture is terrible and guilty, made by the patriarchy and white people against the oppressed.
>wonder why the ostracized like japanese games made in a notorious xenophobic and insular country.

i hate western video games

They don't hate the good ones. That's why there's a lot of Halo fan art on pixiv, for example.

What did frogs make except Rayman and Wakfu/Dofus?

why tho

Wtf you can't say that, remember the 6 gorillions, goy.

>Why do the Japanese hate Western video games?
>Is it xenophobia?

It's because they're mostly shit. Mostly.

most of my favorite modern games are western made but none of them are AAA.

the amount of lumposting going on right now is disappointingly low

Attached: umad.png (960x720, 757K)

EYE

One of the best games ever made: E.Y.E. Divine Cybermancy.

cause western games suck

Attached: IMG_6440.jpg (1558x2398, 535K)

Attached: IMG_7275.jpg (1418x1200, 225K)

I hate them too and I’m brown

Attached: a reasonably fair comparison of western and japanese female characters.jpg (1558x3600, 2.4M)

I wonder if they liked the Spyro remaster over there, considering the originals were totally butchered when they got ported. They didn't even get Year of the Dragon iirc.

youtube.com/watch?v=VfiCnl0MjJE

Attached: brRRnce - Imgur.jpg (800x5195, 774K)

Jap characters look better, half the western characters look the same, and isn't one of those from a canceled game?

>playing Western games made after 2006

I wish Kenshi looked that good

people are shilling this game almost daily now in here. it's hilarious. and i thought that shilling was just a meme.

just so you know I tried your demo but delted it as soon as I couldn't make a female avatar. then I pirated it. I didn't play it yet but I hope I can make a curvy female waifu. cheers.

Japs literally invented the loot box you dumb nigger.

It's extremely hard to make a good looking female

in the demo you can only choose ugly-ass onions-looking male presets. or create your own. nevertheless, I didn't try the pirated game yet.

you sound like an entitled zoomer who lives with his grandparents wasting all this bandwidth with deleting and downloading. I hope your kind die in hellfire.

just mod it

I don't like the Gooselin meme but this made me chuckle

I'm not gonna mod a shitty game i''ve just pirated to try it out, faggot.

The Witcher 3

rpgsite.net/news/5825-read-what-japanese-gamers-wrote-on-the-top-20-of-famitsu-s-best-rpg-poll

Attached: 24e8cfbb50e87c805c027fc9fe7b11b41b461944_hq.jpg (174x193, 19K)

They liked Undertale and Mortal Kombat 2. That's something

Attached: 1550877600178.jpg (263x343, 29K)

Because western games
>are ugly
>usually play like shit with clunky controls
>are mostly fps or "RPGs"
Nips like stuff with colorful characters and stylized stuff, not ugly dusty realistic stuff with unappealing characters. That's why they like shit like cuphead, undertale, and even mincecraft.

This. I happily played both nip and western games until that point. Then the western stuff I played quickly thinned out over the years. I pretty much avoid most western games at this point because they're almost guaranteed to be ugly, soulless, pandering bullshit.

They don't. I know that Warframe has a fairly big following over there.