Runescape

Why can't I quit?

Attached: DnymgJlW0AIxsUd.jpg (780x1200, 144K)

Also screenshots from old album. 2008-2011 memories. Where did the time go

Attached: brPr1.jpg (1440x900, 153K)

Attached: Ghast_transform.gif (197x172, 218K)

Attached: Ghast_transform2.gif (195x293, 258K)

Jihading rats...good times.

Attached: wrath.gif (300x240, 413K)

Attached: Draynor_Robbery.jpg (1280x720, 158K)

Attached: 09-09-08095507.png (765x502, 211K)

Attached: Dominion_Tower_boss_defeat.gif (329x226, 1.37M)

Attached: Chathead_sleeping.gif (96x106, 87K)

Attached: 00IceStrykeworm.jpg (450x386, 143K)

I miss dungeoneering so much bros

You aren't alone

Attached: Guardian's_ward_equipped.png (130x215, 40K)

Attached: Primallong.jpg (2339x1670, 1.16M)

dungeoneering was actual trash, like probably the absolute worst shit ever created. Horrid, truly horrid trash.

>OSRS is fully becoming RS3 lite
>Prif is finally being added but the quest is featuring a bunch of redesigns for the elves and forest instead of trying to preserve the old ones
>Menaphos still incomplete
>Zeah still incomplete
>thanks to hidden poll results Warding will be rigged to pass
>more focus on bossing than ever before
>tons of easy-mode changes disguised as QoL
>not a single private server is true vanilla and always includes dumb shit like 2x exp rates or infinite stamina

Attached: rangerjak.png (1248x1504, 37K)

Come wildy

BRAAAAAAAAP

I quit playing somewhere around when they just pulled an entire continent from the fucking ether, with fucked up scale and detail. What you say is true, it's literally just going to become rs3 again.

>OSRS is fully becoming RS3 lite
How user? I don't see EoC coming. It's becoming RS2 lite which isn't a bad thing.

>Prif is finally being added but the quest is featuring a bunch of redesigns for the elves and forest instead of trying to preserve the old ones

Old elves look like playdough. Prif also is looking great in OSRS why is it bad?

>Menaphos still incomplete
>Zeah still incomplete
>more focus on bossing than ever before
FUCK

>thanks to hidden poll results Warding will be rigged to pass

I really hope they don't pull some shit like this.

Attached: 1507937733265.png (508x452, 48K)

also adding the ge again was the beginning of the end, all of rs' problems stem from the ge.

You're trash

Attached: Thok_cleave.gif (273x235, 292K)

trash at playing not diablo for 1 billion hours per level maybe

>Old elves look like playdough
and I wouldn't have it any other way, fuck the new designs

Attached: prif gate.png (951x979, 1.09M)

just play Ironman lol or don’t use the ge

WHAT THE FUCK DID THEY DO
EW

Attached: 1553616051952.gif (200x293, 1.75M)

>lmao just pay a subscription to an mmo with no social aspects dude

>Comparing RS to Diablo
New designs look clean and fitting for OSRS though

Attached: Gargoyle_attack.gif (196x240, 468K)

you're dumb as a fuckin' pet rock my man

>da GE rooen da gaem!
don’t use it then lol

I agree with this, it was shown to be something more than it actually ever came to be.

You're dumber than a braindead ogre bruv

Attached: Ogre_happy.gif (105x105, 211K)

Attached: 11193.png (900x543, 724K)

You're genuinely stupid. When OSRS dropped when you had to trade for shit you have to sit somewhere for anywhere between 10-20 minutes just to be spammed with auto typers. There's nothing social about it.

they shouldn't replace old models with redesigns, especially unpolled, regardless of how they look
fuck the pub they added to lumby a few months ago too

Attached: think before speaking.png (440x193, 134K)

it has nothing to do with me using it or not, it has to do with it existing, it gives into conveniences and snowballs to where the game is now.
Yes I too love standing at the ge doing nothing

how about don't use your lungs man

Isn't this all just an opinion though and not fact? Since when did you become the decider?

Attached: Duel_arena.gif (338x290, 1.02M)

>unpolled

Polls were a mistake

it's a fact that OSRS polls content
it's a fact that Song of the Elves' redesigns were unpolled but are being included regardless
it's not a fact but a likely certainty that the OSRS playerbase won't give a shit because the majority aren't playing for nostalgia and simply want to click on mobs and look at big numbers

Attached: christmas-in-runescape-2009.jpg (1280x768, 324K)

unironically based, fuck these nostalgiatards

not an argument

The last one is an opinion. I also remember those game integrity changes last year not being polled.

If you're so unhappy with the direction of the game, quit my man. Sunken cost fallacy is a flawed argument.

Attached: zMjsCcb.png (485x597, 143K)

Attached: PS1KQcx.jpg (1050x756, 161K)

Give me a solid reason why OSRS is better than RS3. No, nostalgia doesn’t count.

I don't play long-term enough for it to be considered quitting when I stop, I only ever resub for major content changes that seem interesting like Kebos. Playing RS full-time for months on end sounds braindead as fuck

>Yes I too love standing at the ge doing nothing
Who the fuck stands at GE? You place an offer and if it didn't buy right away you continued playing the game. Are you fucking insane? Do you know how placing an offer works? You don't have to sit there. You could go quest, skill, talk to people. How is that killing the social aspect of the game? You're unironically retarded.

>Spent 1 1/2 months so far runecrafting
>Only 1.2m more exp to go

I WANT THIS TO BE OVER ALREADY AAAHHHH

>clans wars are dead in both versions
It's not fair.

>no blessing

Denial is a powerful drug. Just quit entirely man you don't sound happy

Attached: Prince_Vargas_VS_Gnoeal.gif (388x288, 867K)

Dw blessed the grave

Attached: 09-08-27213958.png (765x502, 169K)

Comparing apples with oranges, they're two games that play completely differently with their own positives and negatives.

Nearly all updates are decided by the community
Reverted a combat system that was changed because of what a few journalists said
Only form of MTX is used for buying membership with in game money, does not inject any money into the game

>I miss dungeoneering
>was
It's not gone. Just play the real Runescape it's still there just as ever.

I assume you play full-time

NEW CONTENT BAD

Attached: 1540131511372.png (327x355, 43K)

>real Runescape
ended once the Gowers left

Attached: tKFjhbN.png (511x255, 231K)

2 completely separate games at this point. Seems really dumb to compare them. Even if you had too, RS2>All else

Attached: ranged.gif (261x195, 323K)

The Runescape community is the worst pack of crybaby whiner boomer faggots I’ve ever come across, having them decide updates is hardly a good thing

not all new content is bad, Dragon Slayer 2 in particular was a great addition, but recent updates are casual garbage, and while the mods have said Prifddinas won't be as ezscape as RS3's I'm not inclined to fully believe them

Attached: 0jpZyeC.jpg (1944x1693, 385K)

>your brain on /pol/

Attached: Prif_map.png (492x492, 95K)

Deflecting my point does it make it any less true man. I haven't played much since beating inferno last year but I like how the game is looking.

Denial is a powerful drug. Just quit entirely man you don't sound happy

Attached: bhworldpk1.jpg (1024x768, 148K)

>can beat the inferno
>tries to play the sunk cost fallacy card
consider the time invested and how that might affect the outlook of the game

>tfw hitting 60(0)+ with prom2h, zerker ring and 99 str
>tfw zerker was changed to some faggy +X% to hit with 2h weapons bullshit in Eruption of Cocks
why did it have to be like this bros

Attached: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.jpg (806x1024, 172K)

Attached: Spear_Wall.gif (301x255, 278K)

Sunk cost fallacy is a very flawed argument though that's just an excuse to mask addiction

Attached: modash.jpg (709x248, 39K)

Only maxed UIM should be allowed to vote in polls
UIM btw, not maxed yet

>body stretches and distorts, looks extremely painful
>ghast is spooky-ass motherfucker that is wearing the mutilated face of the man it once was, mouth gaping and ready to consume your soul after it spoils your food
>body limply wobbles around, does a little jig
>ghast looks like yet another generic wow mob, might scare a child

Remember getting your prom binds smithed for the first time?

Remember finally getting that ssh?

Attached: use-key-on-rock1.jpg (1366x768, 510K)

OSRS is trash, the only good thing about it is redberry pie.

I hope you've been doing your random events, user!

Attached: cutie.jpg (418x428, 24K)

I miss pre eoc
I played alot of oldschool but its too sweat y and not the same
Meh
And the devs are literal retards

Nice
HCIM btw

There was some blog relatively recently about how they were going to try and unfuck one of the five parts of that place. They plan on fixing the scale a bit, adding a new town and reducing the size of some fuckhuge fields. The guy writing it actually sounded like he knew what he was doing, so Jagex has probably already fired him or put him on janitor duty.

Attached: 25atao6.png (767x505, 202K)

pic related is the rework, he plans on redoing every house individually but the current plans are Hosidius, Lovakengj, and Arceeus

Attached: hosidius rework.png (1026x1025, 311K)

Easy, wait for classic wow.

I dropped RuneScape so fast back in 05’ when I found out my world of Warcraft.

>dismissed a Genie today
DAMAGED

>Remember finally getting that ssh?
>first time seeing it was with randoms on the week of release, nobody knew what it was so some fag picked it up
>second was a year later, some other fag with a hood already picked it up to "hold it" for me, then he binds and destroys it once I ran halfway across the dungeon to him
>third was with a friend that didn't like DG too much and I finally had one of my own
>decided to DG in f2p later
>destroyed all my binds for some fractite shit
>EoC happens, no hood in a couple solid weeks of soloing but at least combat is narcolepsy inducing
At least the prom 2h wasn't too painful

Attached: [burps in Japanese].jpg (480x360, 8K)

I wish they had put a few more quests together before releasing Zeah to make it not feel so dead and/or mostly unrelated to the main game. Even if it's stuff like Cook's Assistant that teaches you basic skills and gets you to go to places that are otherwise dead content.

What possessed a man to create this image

You're probably not at the boring as fuck endgame of farming the same few bosses for hundreds of hours to get money to fund skilling/BiS purchases. I started with a fresh account last year and dropped it in like 6 months.

>Angry that they replaced a single house that nobody lived in and served zero purpose at all with a small pub that has a newb quest

Jesus Christ you people are just seething redditors who whine about everything. Heresa your upvote sir. $11. lmao!

Attached: 83234_v9_ba.jpg (1080x1440, 247K)

This is why I quit when the GE vote passed. It was the beginning of the end.

>changing the layout of an iconic town
>making an unpolled change to the layout of an iconic town
>making an unpolled change to the layout of an iconic town solely to attract mobile players to a quest
>a low effort quest that exists solely to advertise a membership feature and ends with a "BUY MEMBERSHIP" notification
at least they reverted Draynor

Your opinions are less valid than shitp

Because trading was probably the most social aspect of it. Using the forums to find bulk orders was actually fun.

>>changing the layout of an iconic town
How did they do that when the pub is the exact same size as the house and uses the same assets and textures from 2004? It fits the style just fine.

>Muh polls
Polls never meant anything. If something doesn't pass it just gets periodically repolled until it does. There are so many shit things that made it through polls yet reddit seethes over this one little thing that actually adds content to Lumbridge and steers new players in the right direction. Piss off.

>second was a year later, some other fag with a hood already picked it up to "hold it" for me, then he binds and destroys it once I ran halfway across the dungeon to him

You're telling me something that happened years ago and yet it makes me unfathomly angry. Fuck that guy he already had a hood and just wanted to spite you.

Not to mention Night spiders were stupidly rare back then. Thankfully I never went through the pain of having a hex sniped by some fag without 99 slay who camped under the Soulgazer. I've heard the horror stories.

Attached: rand_seeker.jpg (3308x2362, 2.62M)

the pub is larger
>steers new players in the right direction
>in a sandbox MMO
retard

Runescape isn't a sandbox MMO.

you're right, RS3 isn't, but we're talking about OSRS here

oh SHIT is that a WOJACK EDIT??

That is HILARIOUS!

Attached: revenant.jpg (667x540, 68K)

You don't know what a Sandbox MMO is. Runescape isn't one. The endgame is the same for all players. There aren't any ways for players to make names for themselves or leave an impact in the game world. Everyone does the same quests and skills and there are no restrictions for making one choice over another. The endgame content requires you to level all of your skills, leading to a completely homogenized experience much like WoW is. You don't need to interact with anyone to do any of the content, there's even a mode dedicated to playing the game in a single player fashion.

Just because the game has no classes it doesn't mean it's a sandbox.

Attached: The_power_of_Zaros.gif (567x477, 2.81M)

>There aren't any ways for players to make names for themselves or leave an impact in the game world
depends on what you consider an impact
>You don't need to interact with anyone to do any of the content
incorrect

Attached: dex.png (232x194, 120K)