Are the old ps2 Yakuza games still playable nowadays?

I'm going to play Kiwami btw, but I wanted to know if I should try the old games as well.

Attached: yakuza.jpg (968x681, 190K)

I would play the remakes. You won't miss anything, unless you want a shitty English dub.

Theres no need to put yourself through that

Alright, so I won't try them and I'm fine with just playing the remakes then. Thanks guys.

/zg/ - zoomer general

Yakuza 1 is shit but 2 is still a legit great game

Yakuza 2 is fine but the remake is better. I'd go with og 1 for Mark Hamill Majima and because Kiwami 1 sucks

2 is still the best game in the series.

Finally, an opinion that isn't trash.
Drunk Michael Madsen as Shimano is also priceless.

they're fine, 1 is a bit stiff and the dub sucks but it's fun otherwise.
2 still holds up really well.

Ok since this is a newfag questions general.
Does Goro ever get serious again? I found him to be pretty cringe in Kiwami 2. I imagine that's just shitty fan service writing though. I'd hope he's much more interesting in 4 and 5. Also can I skip y3 and go straight into 4 and 5? I hear those games are kino and that y3 cut a shit ton of content. Plus Akiyama looks based as fuck.

Attached: 1505039065819.jpg (750x752, 88K)

Yakuza 2 still holds and does some things better than the remake. I would say play og Yakuza 2 and then after playing all games until 6 play K2 because both 6 and K2 are on the Dragon Engine

Dont skip 3 ffs. 3 makes a lot of sense after the events of 2 and how chill the early part of the game is.

What about Majima in K2? Are you talking about his own side story and the cabaret? Because that was made up due to Zero's plot and was never in the original PS2 version. If you are talking about the clan creator, that is like a joke and not to take seriously. Majima does get serious whenever is necessary in next games despite not appearing that much

2 is fine in it's own right but 1's kiwami version definitely helped it out A LOT

>Does Goro ever get serious again?
Starting from 3 onward. Hell, the very first chapter of 3 has Majima go from fighting Kiryu for enjoyment to honoring his request even though it puts Majima in a rough position that he doesn't like. 4 is all about Saejima, 5 is about him working with Daigo, 6 he's only in like two scenes total.
>I imagine that's just shitty fan service writing though.
The only new Majima lines were tied to Majima Construction (Not the bit where you recruit him), Four Shine, and the Majima Saga stuff. Everything else was in normal Y2.
>Also can I skip y3 and go straight into 4 and 5?
3 is the beach episode and introduces the orphans, the orphanage, what's been going on with Kiryu, and a bunch of other things here and there. Plus it's fun in general for Wesker and Mine. It also gets you prepared for the future games' plot twists because 3 has tons of them that are ridiculous. It also has one of the best final boss fights in the series just because of Fly.
It's got its share of problems but every single game in this series has a bunch of problems. You just overlook them because you enjoy the games.

3 is the game where they started making him a bit more serious, but he also has a lot less presence in the 3, 4, 5 and 6 compared to some other games in the series.

Have you played any of the other games yet? I'm not sure if this is a common opinion or not but I find all the games past 3 baby easy even on the highest difficulty and as a beat 'em up I want the game to challenge me at least a little, If you feel similarly i would strongly urge you to play the originals first, I wouldn't consider either of them "dated" and 2 is a genuinely great game.

they look hideous and play like shit. You can't even move the camera.

yes, they own
2 is still my favorite for what a huge improvement it is over 1

Idk if I was just tired of the series by the time Kiwami came out but I didn't really like Kiwami but enjoyed Yakuza 1 enough to finish it. Yakuza 2 on the other hand is genuinely pretty good. Though I haven't tried Kiwami 2 yet.

Theyre good. Dont but the "Soul Souless" memes.

I recently played Y3 on the PS3 after playing Kiwami 2.....we are blessed to have the kiwami games.