The Last of Us

I have completely changed my mine about the Last of Us, user.
I realized that stealth was the reason I couldn't enjoy the game, so I switched to the easy difficulty and played it like a TPS. This way I was able to enjoy exploring, story, characters, dialogues etc. instead of getting frustrated by something I don't enjoy in vidya (stealth).
>he's too dumb to stealth
I didn't have trouble getting through the game on Hard, it was just not fun for me.

Also, the DLC is 10/10.

Attached: the-last-of-us-dlc.jpg (1920x1200, 1.02M)

does easy mode also cut out half of the walking sim part, and adds more depth to the story?

Nah, on expert mode the clickers are fucking miserable. Play once through on normal then get ready to become a masochist for your next playthrough.

Good for you, faggot.

Haha, he sucks at stealth!

Attached: 1336426746636.jpg (442x330, 30K)

I enjoy walking sims personally.
The story wasn't anything special (although I can see why people liked it so much back when zombies were popular), but the dialogues, cutscenes, and the characters are actually good.

You're the faggot who was posting about it the other day? Thanks for the blog update, I'm glad you stopped shitting on the game after barely even playing it.

there were two threads about it recently, mine was the first one where I mentioned I played it for 10 hours (it probably wasn't 10 hours though) before gave up.

is this even possible? are there games where stealth is actually hard and requires some actual tactics instead of just hide, throw an object to distract someone and knife them in the back

oh well, its still shit even once you played it through.

no, it's not, it's clearly not a 10/10 game by 2019 standards, but it's still a solid game, user.

TLoU is really good but yeah the stealth just isn't my bag either. Playing it on easy as a tps is the patrician way, user, you did well.

no, its not. its just the same mediocre 3rd personshooter like every other current 3rd personshooter.
i get it. if it was your first 3rd person shooter then it might have been an actual really good game. but once you played of these, you played them all.
there is absolutely nothing new

it's good that I'm smart enough to figure out that changing the difficulty might make the experience better sometimes, because anons in my previous threads just told me to give up on the game if I didn't like it

I have no life, I've played A LOT OF GAMES. The TPS aspect of the game isn't what makes it good.

what makes it goo then?
the combat is just 3 different enemy times in wave style you gonna kill with eh same mechanics like every other 3rd personshooter
the story is just uncreative forced drama (for the half of the game), "hey we gonna let a character we didnt even really introduce die, so deep" that comes between the rest of the game
which is just walking around, climbing like every other 3rd person shooter.
i honestly cant see whats special about the game

>because anons in my previous threads just told me to give up on the game if I didn't like it
>able to enjoy exploring, story, characters, dialogues etc
Half of the anons in your first thread were telling you that these were the things that people enjoyed about the game, but I guess you chose to ignore them for some reason because you were angry at the game and just wanted to rant about it.

the only reason I liked the gameplay sections were because of the use of resource management, and it really on shines through on the harder difficulties. it also makes some of the forced combat sections a pain, but not too terrible.
if they focused less on making a cinematic heartfelt story and more on a survival horror setting, then this game could have been fucking brilliant.
and no the LDC sucked, constant flashbacks that are annoying walking sim sections and they finally allow for infected+human enemy interactions to play them off of each other, but hardly anything to actually tinker and mess around with, and it should have been in the main game.

true, my fault

>i honestly cant see whats special about the game
I couldn't at first either, but then I started to care about the characters, also I got new, bigger areas to explore, and the story finally started to progress.

well, I didn't enjoy the gameplay much, so that's why I liked the DLC much better as it was more focused on the story and characters.

Easy mode is a lot of fun. The stealth encourages too much cheesing kinda shit; Grounded is all bricks and bottles and punching.
You can do nearly the same thing as easy mode on any difficulty if you get all the chapters saved so you have lots of ammo at the start of all of them, then you can just load chapter select with autosave disabled on at any selected difficulty and play like an angry psycho with no regard for your ammo or your own life or anything. Once you know what to do on a specific encounter you can even make it work on Grounded

Attached: The Last of Us™ Remastered_20161004195816.webm (640x360, 2.99M)

the webm is basically how I played the game on easy;
it was so much more fun (((for me))) than hiding all the time

Looks like shit.

You're a fucking retard. The game is actually really fucking fun and it destroy this shitholes narrative that it's a hallway simulator when played on Grounded. In fact the game is only fun on Grounded. Anything else and it's just like every other 3rd person shooter and too easy.

Attached: 1555006016944.jpg (400x400, 39K)

god christ almighty this game was based
so hyped for the last of us 2

What's fun about one shotting everything?

You can play it like that on the harder difficulties if you do it like I said with the chapter select and loading a save with lots of ammo. Just be sure to say "restart encounter" before the game makes a checkpoint. Then when you wanna go to the next encounter you can beat it normally w/ stealth and carry that ammo over to the next encounter to do the same crazy shit there.
I like to replay the encounters on survivor difficulty because grounded makes enemies die too fast, like one revolver bullet to the thigh will kill a man. Pittsburgh is the most fun for fighting humans, Bill's town is the best for infected

Attached: nice fire escape nerds.webm (1280x720, 2.99M)

>You can play it like that
but why? I started playing on Hard at first and then switched to Easy, and the only difference I actually noticed was the amount of ammo. It probably takes more time to get noticed too but I didn't really care about that as you can see

>why
Because it's much more fun and intense when you are as fragile as your enemies, yet you kill them all anyway. Actual easy mode makes it so you can take 12 bullets directly to the chest and still keep rushing at a guy with your 2x4

Attached: 1553301066402.webm (1280x720, 2.28M)

I don't think easy mode gives the enemies less HP, it just makes them do way less damage to you and gives you way more ammo to use on them

I can't wait for TLOU2 to BTFO everyone on Yea Forums.
People actually claim this gameplay is "fake" when its just basic TLOU combat but with dodging

Attached: TLOU2 gameplay.webm (800x450, 2.98M)

I haven't seen the TLOU2 trailers yet, but this looks amazing.

I punch clickers to death on grounded all the time. All you have to do is stun them w/ a brick or a NPC ally or something so you can get that first hit in without them biting you and you're good to keep pounding on their skulls until they die

this one? no, but the AI is probably misleading just like the presentations with 1 were.
the convenience store gameplay segment was definitely made to play out exactly the same way every time though, that one was really obvious.

all they have to do is not fuck up the AI this time

TLOU's became a lot less fun for me on higher difficulties since they severely limit resources. It removes the variety from combat so all you're left with is barebones stealth mechanics.

my playthrough on the second highest difficulty (survivor?) was more fun than my first playthrough because I had to think more about how to use my materials. resource management should be handled like that more often.