Fuck this game

>5 runs in
>every time get to oubliette, terrible items, so I die
>1 run with good items
>not given enough keys to get to oubliette

I like this game but at the same time, fuck this game. What a fucking waste of time.

Attached: 03c31b8f54e724d60b90e77d9244f114d3e8cb39.jpg (616x353, 52K)

Other urls found in this thread:

enterthegungeon.gamepedia.com/Synergies
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

So it's like Binding of Issac?

get good enough so you can do complete runs getting mediocre weapons or worse

So stop going to the oubliette, you only unlock like two items from it and the abbey

>Not given enough keys
Why are you not playing pilot?

You're just supposed to skip the first two items in exchange for going to the oubliette and getting better items there.

What the fuck is an oublitte

Just rng

OP here, once I unlock the abbey I'm never going back to oubliette
this run gave me no keys for some reason, I was playing Hunter.

You start with 1 key and you can buy one.

gungeon is a shit game
any rogue lite is better

I just bought it 2 hours ago. :(

>Figured out the secret art of neglecting dodge rolls infavor of simply running around and between bullets
>mfw I got gud

Attached: The Hunter.png (480x270, 217K)

Don't worry, it's not a bad game, it just has a lot of bullshit to contend with. RNG can fuck a run, there's a DPS cap on bosses so even with top tier weapons you can only do so much DPS. Once you unlock the shortcuts and get some of the NPCs back to the Breach, it gets a lot better.

What's your reasoning?

As you progress you will unlock more shit items. ;)
Only handful of guns/items are actually shit (especially after introduction of synergies). Git gud.

For a game thats entirely about guns, the guns that you get are mostly dull as fuck to use.

Nuclear Throne weapons have a much better feel when shooting them. And Binding of Isaac is a better game overall than Gungeon if you dont count Afterbirth+. One of my biggest buyers remorse.

>Need 4 keys AND 180 shells to make a shortcut to black powder mine
>5 keys and 240 shells for Hollow
>6 keys and 300 shells for Forge
The other steps are manageable, but keys and shells are fidgety as fuck to obtain.

>playing co-op with friends every week on switch
>got good through mastery of sexy dodging
>game still gives us crap RNG 75% of the game, every game
>buggy as fuck, crashes every time we get a good load-out
>slowly unlock most of the unlockables on three seperate accounts
>seriously, fuck this game crashes CoNsTaNtLy
>buy pc version from steam because we've been playing on friends account
>"huh, no controller lag"
>mod the gungeon for gibbs from command line
>oh THIS is how the game is meant to be played
>god mode items when the game shits all over me and I just want to pew pew

Yeah, don't bother with this fucking game. I just like the top-down shooters, and it brings me back to co-op ZAMN on cartridge.

This game has so much potential but falls flat on it's face when you realize that half of the guns aren't really worth picking up because they're so bad/boring and that you run out of ammo so quickly that you're basically forced to use your starting pistol for the first three floors. Seriously for a game all about guns and bullets they really don't fucking want you to use any of your guns.

>There are still shitters that can't kill every boss flawless with their starter gun

Sad!

Attached: 1370331947342.png (344x315, 216K)

I never used elevator once after fully unlocking it

>pick game back up after dropping it for awhile
>amazing run where I can kill a boss in a minute
>still die on floor five because I have no ability to clear rooms

Attached: 1554773072346.jpg (1024x942, 194K)

Never claimed to want to use the lift. I just want the items behind the shortcuts.

Two questions, Where can I consistently get big keys and what are the rules for sekrit room spawns?

>being this big of a faggot over a bad game

Attached: DwsLi2rW0AI0oun.jpg (640x466, 28K)

1st floor shop is guaranteed to have a key and I think even the 2nd floor shop is supposed to. Also, you can game the system somewhat by not opening chests right away.

There is always 2 main chests on each floor (this does not count chests that spawn as room rewards). One containing a gun and one containing an item. You're guaranteed to be given at least 1 gun per floor. If you don't open any chests, or the chests you opened only had items, then you're guaranteed to get a gun from the floor boss. As soon as you pick up a gun before the boss, it adds items to the pool of rewards for the boss so if you're trying to prioritize on getting more guns, you can game the system by waiting until after you've beaten the boss to start opening chests. It can make things a bit harder/take longer early on but the extra guns you'll get could mean the difference between a great one and a shitty one.

This. It's easier to play it as a bullet hell game, you even get blanks as bombs. It's amazing how rarely you are forced to dodge.

Nuclear Throne is worse.

>For a game thats entirely about guns, the guns that you get are mostly dull as fuck to use.
This is what I've been experiencing. So far, I've gotten "weapons" like a pillow, a camera, and a balloon gun. It's pretty fucking lame, honestly.

Look, a faggot who played when the game first released and parrots the same opinion even though there have been patches that fixed the issue with low ammo drop rates and multiple content updates with new guns and synergies.

>those are the bad weapons

I have yet to find a roguelike nearly as good as Isaac. Just play this instead. Cant wait for the final DLC.

Attached: 20714585-9c4c-46d7-95e3-d0fc968e2a5d.jpg (1280x1280, 454K)

Bros, do you restart a run if you don't get a decent gun in the first gun-chest?

Will you restart if you can't get the first master round?

And is it even worth using the elevator to get to the lower levels? It seems like you want to start from level 1 to get enough items, so whats even the point of the elevator?

And when the fuck are you supposd to go into the oubliette? I only do if I get very lucky with keys and have two to spare after opening the chests

but you already have the final DLC for free

>not given enough keys to get to oubliette
Yes, you were
A key always drops on the first floor or is always buyable from the shop.

Stop getting hit.

I didn't say they were bad. I'm just saying, for a game about a gun dungeon, they're boring.

They also have good synergies with other common dropped guns.

No
No
No except for some hunter quests
No; you unlock done nice weapons from doing it
Play as pilot for lockpick and open the trapdoor before opening chests

Speaking of roguelite games, I bought Mana Spark on Switch on day 1. Now, fuck THAT game. I don't know if I'm just so bad at it, or maybe it's the "camera dance" that drives me crazy.

>get to Bullet Hell/past with the Gunslinger for first time
>game crashes at loading screen

Attached: 1416001567568.jpg (500x738, 72K)

>get relodestone from boss
>open a black chest
>get a second relodestone

Thanks

>Isaac
>no synergies
>only metagame is managing keys and ammo
>15 minutes of floors where you'd have to be retarded to die on
Yeah, this game sucks

>no synergies
topkek

t.sucks at gungeon

>no synergies
user...

Attached: 1463994383683.png (514x352, 30K)

what do you mean by metagame here? in what way do single player rougelites have a metagame?

every synergy in the game was intentionally designed, in Isaac most of them emerge naturally

>no synergies

As in the decision making process that occurs outside of combat

How dare they handcraft something in a procedurally generated game.

You're a complete moron
Gungeon does the exact same shit with plenty of bullet modifiers, just like what you call "natural" synergies

man, Gunslinger makes the game trivially easy, glad I didn't bother with a bunch of the other garbage like the optional modes until now because I can just breeze through the game no problem even with all that bullshit active

You can LITERALLY complete whole game with basic items, retard. Get good or just fucking stop playing videogames. People like you belong in game journalism.

If he belonged in games journalism he would have cheated and said the game was piss easy.

After spending hundreds of hours to %1001 Issac, I am appreciating this game more. Didn’t really like it at first, but it has some neat features. Unlike Issac, it has an encyclopedia with unique descriptions of every weapon and item. The rooms seem more interesting than Issac. The lore is actually good. You can interact with NPCs etc.

So I got the game earlier today and did some runs. Furthest I have gotten was the dragon.
Any beginner tips? Like what's up those big empty rooms you can't cross? There seems to be one on every floor.

Attached: 1526035994412.jpg (750x738, 52K)

>get yari launcher
>perfect all bosses
>get to forge
>game crashes

the best beginner tip is to learn how to dodge bullets by simply moving rather than dodge rolling. moving gives you more control overall than dodge rolling does. the big empty rooms you can't cross are related to the bullet that can kill the past, you have to complete a puzzle in that room to complete the bullet that can kill the past.

Next on my to-do:
>Paradox run

>every time get to oubliette, terrible items, so I die
oh so you're shit. consider acquiring proficiency.

>Bros, do you restart a run if you don't get a decent gun in the first gun-chest?
literally never
>Will you restart if you can't get the first master round?
no
>And is it even worth using the elevator to get to the lower levels?
absolutely not

t. won my last 50 runs while playing as every char

I wish more of these games had an in-game encyclopedia for items.

If you can't do at LEAST the first 2 floors (and Oubliette) with just your base gun, Gungeon is not the game for you. You're clearly a shitter.

Do I need specific items to complete the puzzles or could I do it without?

Yeah but it's not compatible with AB+. And its not balanced/synergized properly

i don't even use the base gun past the oubliette desu

That would count as 'game'

you can do it without

you need a gun without infinite ammo to complete the puzzle in the hollow i think. the puzzle in the hollow, with the giant chasm, in fact has an invisible path to the other side. you need to shoot your non infinite ammo gun in such a way that its casings land on the invisible path and make your way to the other side patiently by doing this for a few minutes.

Doesn't he need something for the fourth floor one?

maybe he meant resource management or something, which Isaac isn't really any better with considering it's just keys and bombs

>no synergies
???

if you mean the pit, there is an invisible pathway. you don't need flight

Or shoot the Super Soaker to leave water, revealing the path.
Any creep generating item or gun can reveal the path.

Well, what did you expect? Not only indie but also western, retard

Gungeon is one of the biggest fucking sinners in recent memory of locking random elements behind successive playthroughs, specific achievements, and actual RNG opportunities for unlocking. It's a bunch of unnecessary padding and actually makes initial playthroughs a fucking bore because you don't have access to much of the really cool stuff.

ok, thanks
one last thing, are there any ways to guess the secret rooms like in isaac through looking at the room configuration or something of the sorts?
anything I'm missing by just rushing through the room after the battle is over?

meta progression in general for roguelikes/lites is ass, but devs pretty much have to put it in their shit because otherwise normalfags will complain about a lack of progression

>mfw never knew this and kept skipping it until I had a flying item

Attached: 1lybss.gif (360x202, 2.38M)

secret rooms are generally connected to chest rooms, exit elevator rooms, and dead ends, but can really be anywhere, don't go obsessively searching because to find a breakable wall you need to shoot at it with a gun that doesn't have infinite ammo

secret rooms tend to spawn in chest rooms first. they can spawn in shop rooms as well as the post-boss elevator room. to check for secret rooms you use a non infinite ammo gun to check the walls- if the wall visibly cracks you use a blank and the path opens up.

it's one of the chest rooms 80% of the time. because abbey has guaranteed 2 secret rooms and a bonus synergy chest it's worth going once you git gud.

Tell me about it, jobbed my rainbow-blessing-challenge run because apparently there's a blessing that drops your health to half a heart after taking damage or something like that, so instead of blanking i thought i could absorb the hit.

Attached: GUN.webm (1920x1080, 2.43M)

>DPS cap
This alone makes Gungeon the worst roguelite in existence. Gungeon fags must be genuinely retarded if they think this is fine.

We never thought it was fine. We all hated it.

it was nerfed so hard it barely exists desu

this, it makes every boss into a Hush/Super Greed tier slog where you can't ever feel powerful even if you have some crazy shit going on and can clear bullet hell rooms in a second, they lessened it a bit for the final update but it's still awful to have

cheers

>implying you can scrap enough damage dealing to reach a DSP cap seeing how much of a shitter you are

Attached: 025Pikachu_OS_anime_11.png (844x1254, 33K)

I can't even get past floor 3 9 times out of 10... I don't know if it's because I'm playing on Switch or because I just suck.

The few times I've beaten the floor 3 boss I've died trying to do the minecart puzzle to get the bullet piece. For some reason I can't figure out how to roll from cart to cart. Maybe I am just stupid.

>lose armor on Marine
>abandon entire run because he's a nigger

Attached: 1514913359567.jpg (736x656, 126K)

Shit was nerfed to near non-existence and there is plenty of shit that bypasses the cap, like the Glass Cannon

thankfully mods exist

>I beat gungeon with mods and I feel fine
god you're a bitch

>turn on turbo mode
>firing speed is barely increased and reload speed isn't changed at all
These devs are either incompetent as fuck or Steakmund-tier petty

Did you set it to performance?

>challenge mode is challenging
sorry they didn't add an easy mode in for you instead game journalist user

I've walked in on him praising the sun before, but not quite like this.

Attached: Untitled.png (471x416, 136K)

>people bitch about the game's pacing
>devs listen and add something to make the game faster
>they lock it behind a lategame NPC, forcing you to play through the default slow pace for countless runs
they're definitely a bunch of retards, they know what people want but deliver in a sloppy way

It's got a lot of the same flaws as BoI but at least is more interested and avoids some of the issues. BoI is mediocre at best but is stylistically nice and also a lot of peoples first/only experience with roguelites (plus the SMB rep) so it gets way more praise than it deserves.

This was my biggest issue with the game and got excited when they said they added a turbo mode.
I wish I refunded it while I could.

>players want the game to be faster paced
>developers add a mode that only increases movement speed and enemy speed
>but somehow wanting everything to be sped up means you want an easy mode, because the player having a faster firing rate will somehow negate faster enemies and bullet patterns
based retardanon

>Making everything faster, keeping the same ratios, makes it ez mode
It'd be the fuckin same thing just not as slow.

Balanced. I haven't noticed any lag or slowdown.

>Finally add a save-and-quit mode 2 years after the game comes out on steam
>Its locked behind finishing a whole floor
These guys really do get everything slightly wrong. Its pretty frustrating.

>gunslinger run
>get cactus gun
gg ez

>relying on rng
>not being good at the game to make every item useful in some way
the game isn't even that hard user, you're just terrible at the game.

Attached: 1554690025563.jpg (776x1000, 95K)

How the fuck do you find hidden rooms

it has fun gameplay its too bad rogue likes are fucking gay tho

Shoot walls with guns that use ammo.

Just the middle of the wall? In every room or are there hints like suspicious gaps? I read some guide which said to always shoot the walls in chest and elevator rooms

>5 runs in
>only 5

keep going and get better or perish

Attached: howradiant.jpg (960x939, 75K)

Obviously if the map shows the room is surrounded on all sides by others rooms, there is no room for for secret room.

hidden rooms are most likely found in chest rooms, shops, and the exit elevators. for shops it's a completely guess since you can't shoot in it, but for chest rooms just shoot the walls until you see a crack, it's pretty noticeable when you shoot at a lot, same goes for the exit elevator.
if it isn't in these three areas, unless you have a gun with a lot of ammo that you aren't going to use on enemies, it's not worth looking for it.

Decisions are hard.

Attached: Untitled.png (605x454, 108K)

Just google the wiki about secret rooms. Besides what the other guy said, room connections are always the same for regular rooms and secret rooms, so remember the doors placements and try to shoot when there isn't one visible as it could be the entrance for a secret room. Also remember that in a single room obviously a specific room won't necessarily use all the connections it could, as that depends on floor layout.

Nevermind. I made the right choice.

Attached: Untitled.png (323x222, 16K)