Videogames can't be ar-

>videogames can't be ar-

Attached: H2x1_NSwitchDS_RainWorld_image1600w.jpg (1600x800, 228K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=G9jZ8Spe86M
youtube.com/watch?v=q9qXQK6sU4U
youtube.com/watch?v=R1E6ZjhviPQ
youtube.com/watch?v=QInQsYgZDf8
youtube.com/watch?v=FpXAGG7RaXY
youtube.com/watch?v=A5Ez1cQR1DY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Rain World isn't a movie, it's a game retard.
Now put the actual title in your thread next time so we don't have to witness another thread die at the hands of shitposting

Attached: jesus christ.png (500x500, 45K)

It's a hard and demanding game so it's not as artistic as masterpieces like Gone Home or Firewatch, sorry to say

Attached: my karma is not important, what is important is what I'm about to do.webm (364x278, 243K)

>retard thinking i'm the one who's retarded
When did i say that rain world is a movie?

what are some other great indie games

the moment you implied it was art

Attached: the jailbait cronicals.jpg (1062x1500, 396K)

Attached: cover.png (1400x1400, 1.76M)

t

my favorites are:
>rain world
>hotline miami
>super meat boy
>hollow knight
>furi
>enter the gungeon
>starbound
>mark of the ninja
>bastion
>soma

The Exterior + Five Pebbles is amazing. You have this incredibly hard climb upwards and then you find this area full of technology and weird stuff

Darkest dungeon
Cave story
Into the breach
Gunpoint
Iconoclasts
Gris

tificially difficult.

>movies were the first form of art and video games can only attempt to be art by trying to be a movie

Attached: 1554770532723.jpg (720x817, 58K)

The thing is , you kind of expected to get to him through the superstructure (The Journey achivement , his dialog) , but because RWs world design is "completley open" , you can go to him in reverse through the wall.
Also , this design philosophy is the cause why new rw players wondert to farm arrays and get stuck there with low karma,and eventually drop the game , since it's not clear at the beginning that it's a late game location.

let the void worm carry your troubles away
youtube.com/watch?v=q9qXQK6sU4U

>>movies were the first form of art

Attached: 951.png (474x711, 90K)

Posting the best unused track
youtube.com/watch?v=R1E6ZjhviPQ

That's not what I'm saying you fucking mongol

-t
And they don't need to be. When video games try too hard to be art, what you get is TLoU. I would never call DMC3 art but it's a fuck ton of fun to play.

>implying movies are the only form of art

Attached: Brain Damage.jpg (600x604, 52K)

Rain World doesn't try too hard, it's not a pretentious game, it has the right amount of beauty. I recommend you play it.

WHY DOES EVERYONE HAVE SUCH AN AUTISTIC HYPERBOLIC VIEW WHEN IT COMES TO VIDEO GAMES BEING ART!?

VIDEO GAMES ARE ART! YOU AREN'T LESS OF A MAN OR A FUCKING MANCHILD JUST BECAUSE YOU AGREE WITH THIS! THEY HAVE JUST AS MUCH EMOTIONAL MERIT AS A GOOD MOVIE OR BOOK!

Attached: 1553445412682.jpg (253x322, 17K)

>too stupid to comprehend greentext
>that pic
it's like pottery

youtube.com/watch?v=QInQsYgZDf8
youtube.com/watch?v=FpXAGG7RaXY
youtube.com/watch?v=A5Ez1cQR1DY

What he meant is that rain world isn't one of those "movie games", so it's not considered art by people who like those.

The Journey through Five Pebbles, getting to the center as the music ramps up, getting "gifted", then seeing the ghost on top of the wall was the most kino segment in video games ever

Wow , it's awesome.
Saw the alpha ost playlist , but didn't check on the most of the songs, now i kinda regret it.

this
Rainworld's leagues fucking better than the likes of the Last of Us. It isn't a Movie game rather than a game that requires you to actually have skill.
Sides, Ascension is much better than whatever amounts to TLoU2's shit

>THEY HAVE JUST AS MUCH EMOTIONAL MERIT AS A GOOD MOVIE OR BOOK!

They really don't. There exists no single video game that has as much emotional weight as a powerful film. Even the best of video game stories are shallow and childish. I sincerely mean this; you are most likely a manchild if you ever cried at a game.

t. has never experienced Random Gods or Ascension

The whole section of 5P interior and this track getting louder as you enter the main chamber is probably the closest a videogame can get to being a spiritual experience.

>if something doesn't have a good story it can't be art
Oh I'm sorry I guess paintings and music aren't art anymore.

I haven't yet found a single person that wasn't hit right in the feels during this whole segment.
Not a word is spoken, not a single emotion is shown, and yet you get some kind of deep existential crisis for the slugcat, or was it 5P, or the people who were left behind?
It feels like the game isn't even trying to convey anything and still manages to do so.