Start a match

> Start a match
> Make one mistake
> Get killed with a 100+ Hit Chain which kills your whole team without getting a change to get out

So where is the """""fun"""""?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 185K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pC5hw7i6Y4k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Doing it to the other guy when they fuck up is pretty fun desu

You already know what to do...

Now, you see, this is where you lost. You should've put at least 200 hours into playing (and losing) against other people before you started this fight, therefore you lost before it even began.

Welcome to fighting games, by the way.

> paying 60 bucks just to lose 200 hours against other

kek

In case you're dense that was tongue in cheek.

>where's the fun?
It's right there in your post. Overcome that challenge

That's not where the fun is at all. The real fun is pubstomping shitters after you get good, but there is no joy in getting there.
The sadistic pleasure watching them struggle and failing over and over and either ragequittting, starting to taunt or simply dropping the controller and walking away from screen is the best. Also hatemail, you just know you got under their skin and it feels so good it's like a drug.

Dont play fucking marvel then? There are plenty of fighting games that have small combos and more neutral

Its all perspective, my guy. I hate spending hours in aslyum room training mode every day while I'm doing it, but when I look back on it after getting better and learning the ways to wash fools in matches I look back on that frustration fondly and its made retroactively fun. Mostly because now when I have to do it again in the future, I have past experiences to put into perspective

I wasn't talking about MvC in particular, just fighting games overall
>Mostly because now when I have to do it again in the future
No way, the most I've put was ~800 hours into SFIV to get to the high point I was at and I would not want to repeat that path. Especially when I started late after people've been playing it for 2 years back then. I'm too old for this shit to pick up a new fighting game so I just play UFC games for dumb fun and not skill nowadays.

youtube.com/watch?v=pC5hw7i6Y4k

>you just know you got under their skin and it feels so good it's like a drug
So, fighting game babbies are just losers who have such an absolute lack of substance in their lives, that the only thing that brings them joy is to make other people hate playing video games with them?
Color me surprised.

The fighting game genre peaked at Bushido Blade.

Attached: 1549493671730.gif (460x258, 1.25M)

You're all wrong, the fun is getting good enough to pubstomp, then facing off against someone with your same power level, where one mistake equals death. The mindgames at this level are riveting.

>So, fighting game babbies are just losers
Uh, no, did you read the thread, they are winners

Relatively speaking, of course.

The fun is doing that with your opponent.

I used to have a blast getting my shit stomped in Marvel. Back when it was ported to the PS4, I once played a guy ~80 times in a row. I lost the vast majority of them, but it was still a fun time.

The end result is still one person feeling the rush of combat and connecting their attacks ad-infinitum, while the other sits there twiddling their thumbs waiting to be allowed to play again.

Simple dont play marvel lmao. Game got figured out half a decade ago more or less.

So don't play Marvel or anime fighters. They're designed for assholes and people who are in denial about wanting a single player game.

The bigger issue is how out of all these crazy characters only 4 or 5 are viable and if you don’t play them you actually can’t win.

Is this the thread for collecting "Yea Forums playing fighting games" quotes?

Attached: 1553710262446.webm (854x480, 2.48M)

Attached: 56809088_581486345664763_2305396341204844544_n.webm (400x224, 2.91M)

>make a single mistake
>die
justify ToDs without sounding retarded.

I want Makoto to choke me

You'll be better off when you accept choice is an illusion in video games.

Choice is an illusion in real life.

Unironically git gud
High level marvel is all about neutral and control the screen so you don't get hit. Why do you think ChrisG plays Morrigan?

They're Bushido Blade cool.

Attached: 1545995319400.webm (940x529, 2.71M)

Based Vergil dunking on nerds

Attached: 1553587922503.jpg (515x514, 60K)