For Elder Scrolls 6, do you think there's any chance they'll improve on the problems of the last few games...

For Elder Scrolls 6, do you think there's any chance they'll improve on the problems of the last few games? Will there be a really drawn-out opening sequence? Will the quests and dungeons be overly simplistic and straightforward? Will there be too much characterization given to your character off the bat (like having a spouse and son that they care about)? Will the dialogue system be even more simplified?

Attached: eh4UWhvd6WXwJhXHTCDoE7-1200-80.jpg (1070x602, 84K)

More importantly, what gimmick will their marketing team concoct?
Reminder: Skyrim had the whole dragon shit, which was cool for the first two times or so. Fallout 4 had base building (stolen from a famous FO3 mod, as usual.)

Building settlements AND dragons. Screencap this

I predict a voiced protagonist for each race

There will be bugs and they'll use the same engine. It'll be a shit game just like everything they ever released.

It will have some online mode built off of the groundwork they are doing with Fallout 76. They want what Rockstar has with GTA Online

You know this game is like a decade away right? Starfield is what will tell us the direction they're heading if anything.

Non-meme answer is that it will have many of the improvements of FO4
>improved and expanded crafting
Think maybe visually changing a sword, adding spikes, edges, color,.. not just adding X damage.
>layered armor with more variants
Not just one leather armor set, but also light heavy,shadowed version.
>more detailed companions with better interactions
>craftable companions
Think Automaton but for composite Dwemer creatures or maybe atronachs

Since they implemented FT from interiors in 76 the dungeons will be more freeform now that they don't have to account for mitigating the tedium of leaving.

I wonder if they'll bring back spellcrafting.

Maybe not in the exact form, it might be spell combination like in their 2012 Skyrim Game Jam.

>crafting
i am so done with this shit. busywork bullshit for people who don't have a life and nothing better to do with their time.
>more detailed companions with better interactions
meh. fine, but meh.

Probably not.
They got along fine without it.
The old timers who missed the exploits howled but they have mods to bring back easy mode so they were fine.
Now if there are no free mods and no spellmaking the risk averse amongst us will howl bloody murder.

I'm suspecting downhill spiral. They need es6 to hit the ground running, but due to recent track records with 76, theyll just get what they can get from hype then let the community fix any issues.
I just want a detailed character sheet for these newer games God damn it!

I wonder if they'll be micro-transactions.

Attached: horsearmoroblivion.0.0.jpg (1600x900, 222K)

I don't have high hopes for Bethesda after the 76 fiasco. It be more interesting for a new company to throw their own spin on the single player fantasy open world.

Personally I would like to see the return of spell crafting and meaningful dialog choices (based on karma or race, not just speech craft).

A stable engine and a stable modding platform is all they need. Too bad it's the one thing bethesda is completely incapable of doing

>Will there be a really drawn-out opening sequence?
Probably. They know people will mod it out anyways.
>Will the quests and dungeons be overly simplistic and straightforward?
Probably about the same as Skyrim and FO4.
>Will there be too much characterization given to your character off the bat?
Maybe. They got a lot of heat for it in FO4, and never did it for TES, but they might be tempted by the convenience of being able to railroad the player through their story points.
>Will the dialogue system be even more simplified?
Mostly no. They definitely know they fucked up with voiced dialogue. Everyone hated it and it probably costed a ton of money. They definitely won't do that again.
I think they'll backpedal on the summarized dialogue thing too. That also increases development time and people didn't like it.
But they might hold on to the idea of restricting everything to 4 dialogue options to appease the console plebs.
They might bring skill checks back, but probably not in the way we want because Todd is a hack.

Attached: todd.jpg (508x580, 207K)

Of course it'll be there. They'll find an excuse. Probably be multiplayer or some bull just have micro.

Why can't you just show up on a boat with no backstory in these games? Why do we need some big spectacle in the beginning?

Attached: alternate start.jpg (525x295, 28K)

I am willing to bet that it will be more watered-down, handholded, shallow, consolized normie garbage. I really disliked Oblivion and Skyrim, and I'm not going to even bother buying this one. Bethesda is dead.

To be fair I think they learned their lesson from 76 and survival mode and item degradation are going the way of Morrowinds combat.
So at least something good came out of 76.

I think that's a better way to go and not have a single main storyline but several larger scale political quest lines that have effects on the game world
other than that they *should* return to proper RPG gameplay and have the overall game more open world
that's the exact opposite of how they've been going so I doubt it will be the case

90% of players don't roleplay and need a STORY spoonfed to them

Lol no they'll dumb it down more.

God I hope, just all the debacle happening with 76 has me worried. They can't even appologize for fucking up.

>Will there be a really drawn-out opening sequence
Skyrim's opening felt shorter to me than Oblivion's

although neither are particularly memorable outside of memes

Just fuck my shit up.

im really scared that they will fuck this up. bethesda always had flaws but recently theyre really fucking up everything

Well as a general rule in life you never apologize.
It is a sign of weakness.

I don't roleplay, but I don't want to be spoonfed a story. I just want to explore and do my own thing. I want as little time as possible between creating a new character and being able to just run into the woods and punch wolves. Quests can happen later after I stop being enthralled by just exploring the mechanics and powering up.

>Other than the parts that were memorable they weren't that memorable.
I suppose it made more sense in your head.

>expecting anything but a disaster
>after Fallout 4 and Fallout 76
It's like expecting something from Bioware after Andromeda and Anthem.

Part of me is tired of the crafting and leveling grinds. The bigger part is excited to be able to enjoy every morsel of es6.

60 bucks for a house, but its hold up by wires.

If it turns out to be Fallout 4 with swords and magic I can only hope it doesn't get glowing reviews and that bugs don't get shrugged of as "bethesda charm."

It's probably going to get really good reviews and it will still be buggy, outdated, simplistic and running on an ancient engine.

>Trusting Bethesda after the trash heap that was Fallout 4 and the pile of ass Fallout 76 was.

Attached: 1431990870772.gif (420x300, 3.23M)

fallout 4 was skyrim with guns though

cities will be even smaller, so settlements with about 5-7 people, no ladders and loading screens for going into closet (because they cant update the engine), only thing different from skyrim Will be more sjw (blacks everywhere) and muh photogammetry (but this will also make game lag as shit as they cant optimize anything. also expect some bugs from morrrwing in it.

i laso forgot that it will be even more watered down in the non-rpg direction for more normalfags buyings

It'll be nothing but Stealth Archers, all the way down

They will be shit, they will use the same old engine.
THEY WILL SPEND MOST THE TIME PREVENTING YOU FROM MODDING THE GAME SO YOU CAN BUY THERE "MODS"