Why did Dragon Ball Fighterz die competitively? Was it really just the dumbass tournament issue that killed it?

Why did Dragon Ball Fighterz die competitively? Was it really just the dumbass tournament issue that killed it?

Attached: 1555043951749.jpg (425x535, 67K)

That one Furry
You know who

No Janemba

Attached: 1554313783704.jpg (600x338, 161K)

Dragon Ball really doesn't work as a fighting game, because of the power level shit and all

Every DLC was Goku
Every character plays the same
Games were too long

No.

The game is simply not as good as people make it out to be and no one likes sonic fox as the face of fighterZ and MK.

It wasn't made by Capcom

It's not a very good game, unironically. It only lasted as long as it did because Marvel shit itself and Dragon Ball is enormous.

It was already getting kind of stale and the numbers slowly slipping. But yeah, the whole Toei meddling torpedoed it hard. It could have coasted on for a few more years. Now it'll probably die after this Evo.

Most the DLCs being *blank* Goku isn't helping either.

Namco shut tournys down. That's the primary source of it.

the fact we will never get a bunch fo fan favorites is already reason enough.

Gameplay was trash. It only lasted as long as it did because dragonball.

>It only lasted as long as it did because Marvel shit itself
This. If Infinite wasn't a total disaster, or was never made in the first place, DBZF would have been forgotten after 3 months.

It would only hold the interest of hardcore DB fans for so long.

A number of factors, really:
>Shueisha ninja-ing tournaments out of US major events and EVO Japan in order to control the Dragon Ball IP more strictly & earn more money
>stagnation in new strategies, literally every other match involved Cell, Vegeta, Bardock, or some jobber with a good assist
>everyone in the game felt too similar to each other compared to other fighting games on the market, got real boring to play & even more to watch
>”imgayimgayimgayimgayimgayimgayimgayimgay”
Frankly, I’m glad the game’s finally dying, because all the talk about it & surplus of video content just reminded me I blew $65 on some disappointing piece of crap with a terrible story mode, even worse arcade mode, lootboxes, and everyone felt the goddamn same; it was the antithesis of everything that Budokai & Xenoverse made me expect from Dragon Ball vidya, and the antithesis of everything Marvel & KoF made me expect from tag fighters.
It’s double-great because not only did the “very different” 2.0 patch fail to breathe any more life into the game, but now based Under-Night, Tekken, and Samsho are kicking the shit out of it at EVO in tournament entrant numbers. If Blazblue can somehow rise above DBF, or even Soul Calibur, I swear, I’ll cry.

Attached: 5DDDC80C-67F3-4E74-9902-A55C331D97D6.jpg (848x480, 30K)

Same user he can rek my boi pussy

nobody wants to play a furry game

>they actually added a halloween costume referencing sonic fox.

What fur?

/thread

Pretty much everything you could shit on SFV for you could shit on DBFZ for as well if not harder.
For example:
>hurr durr SFV is too rushdown focused
Guile/Menat >>>>> non rushdown characters in DBFZ

It's funny that everyone has these well thought-out and researched answers, but the only one you even need is that it only sold in the first place because it was DBZ, and it was always going to peter out and die because no one bought it to play it hardcore. I knew that it was going to be all but dead by next EVO, and it sure as fuck is. Lord knows why it's even still main stage, but it sure as fuck won't be next year.

Does Beerus have a foreskin?

Cats have sheaths, not foreskins.

Beeus has an uncut cock

Play UMvC3.

You don't even need to own the game to play it online on PC with superior netcode using Parsec.

This game deserves a second life.

Dragon Ball is dead. Embrace Marvel. Revive Marvel. Play Marvel.

2zE6xH

I have it on ps3. how?

PC is where it's at nowadays. If you wanna install Parsec you can ask for hosts in the server and play it 'offline' with them using their copy and computer.

leave umvc3 alone. Game has served for 6 fucking years. Just let it rest in peace.

Boys who got into the genre with SFV and DBFZ are realizing there's something better out there. There's simply no replacement for Marvel 3 just as there's no replacement for Melee.

It's coming back. Accept it or don't.

No neutral
Shitty lobby system
Obnoxious furry as top player
No neutral
Nobody really cares about super characters
Far too many gokus, none of them are kid goku
Some stupidly long maximized combos that you can wipe your glasses clean through its duration and it will still be true
50/50

Marvel 3 faggot here, I played the game for 8 years like a rabid fanatic and still consider it one of my best & favorite fighters, but is right, by now, the magic is gone with the standard Chris G Moridoom team or F Champ Dormammu/Magneto/Phoenix team dominating the game, I mean Dark Phoenix won EVO in Marvel 3’s last year for fuck’s sake. I bought the game in the other day to campus to play with the boys, and while we had a good time doing silly reset setups & dumbass long combos, the magic’s just petered out, we have a lot more of a fulfilling time playing Under-Night & Tekken for fighters, and Boober Tag is actually a fairly exciting tag fighter, despite everything that would suggest otherwise. Marvel 3 was excellent, but its time has passed.
Also:
>Melee
Hit the showers, stinky.

Attached: 632FC486-75F3-4962-828A-048A626A9FC1.gif (350x210, 1.99M)

Just played Infinite on Xbone, I actually think the gameplay was better than MvC3. Infinite just got fucked by its presentation and roster.

>Nemesis was refined from his Marvel 3 incarnation and actually became a threat with a shitload of super armor and rockets that combo’d into each other
>Combofraud’s PR completely fucks the game’s chances over
>he’ll never come back in another fighting game again

Attached: D913B871-CEB0-4A37-9E03-F1B0AF34BB59.png (1280x1063, 507K)

He's not even the face. He got 5th at THE DBFZ Finals.

Every character had the same BnB so there was so reason to play any characters but the top tier. Tournament play got really fucking boring after watching the same Bardock mirror match for the 500th time.

>no fucking Uncanny edition

Unreal engine a shit for fighting games. There’s a one frame input lag that no amount of programmers will be able to fix because it exists rooted deep in the engine code. At 60 FPS there’s 16 ms of input lag. At 30 FPS there’s 32 (THIRTY TWO) ms of input lag. Only at 100+ FPS this becomes unnoticeable (although it still exists)
And this is not counting screen input lag, internet lag, etc. It’s just bad for fighting games

>mostly just had the numbers due to being DB and not being a DB game with arenashit
>other reasons with mechanics or simplificiation
I still enjoy it but it wasn't really going to last. Probably not buying any more DLC for it anyway. Plus the 2nd season being 6 says a lot.
If there are people who enjoyed it and got into fighting games again, then they should at least also branch out into other new/relevant games while they have the flame.
And I hope someone also makes another 2D dragonball game in the future and learns from this one's mistakes while still being a blast.

Everything dragon ball is meant to be shit, even the card game is a joke