Is NieR really deserving of all this praise?

> Universally considered the best RPG of the decade
> Journalists don't even cry about the "Blanatant Sexualization"

Attached: 9S, A2, 2B.jpg (1000x707, 139K)

Other urls found in this thread:

newgrounds.com/portal/view/541967
youtube.com/watch?v=DLAvHLQGOco
youtube.com/watch?v=HRg_6Oy435A
platinumgames.com/games/nier-automata
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

niegr

>asks about NieR
>posts pic of NieR: Automata
>RPG
you must be very confused
NieR and NieR: Automata are 2 different games, set in the same universe as Drakengard, but perfectly playable on their own(having played all the Drakengard games and having watched more stuff will give you some more details and understanding of what happens in both these games though), and neither of them is an RPG.
They're both Action hack'n'slash games with RPG elements.
In this sense, KH series is more of an RPG than NieR and NieR Automata

It's overrated as all hell but it's still good

based

>Universally considered the best RPG of the decade
No one says this.

I just played it recently and it was very good but

>NieR
>RPG

Attached: 1505091734283.png (198x247, 15K)

sorry, as much as I like it, the only really exceptional thing is how dynamic and well thought out the music is

Attached: 1501368699924.jpg (604x597, 32K)

Why can't I save them anons? I just want to hug all the YoRHa.

It’s a really overhyped game and people bought it with their dicks.

If you actually take the game apart the combat is absolute ass except for the few kino moments where it suddenly becomes another type of game. I think it’s a great game to turn your brain off.

I don't think so pal

Attached: Capture.png (640x313, 38K)

You play most of the time with 9S, and he is not attractive (imo). Combat is not spectacular, has some clunky moments. The world makes sure your joggin's noggin and the characters and story means that your heart should be as well.
If you like emotions, you probably like Nier, especially after you figure out they're all children taking stuff way too seriously and suffering as a result.

Bloodborne didn't even make the top 100

Attached: 27765f14e4a072a95360f4c3f14a5ace85d47bc4_s2_n1.jpg (1920x1550, 244K)

The story of Automata is weaker than OG Nier and the gameplay is pretty shit in both.

Despite that, I think Nier Gestalt’s status as a cult classic is deserved. Automata is a good game, but it’s still rife with far too many problems for it to be a GOAT. People were just wowed by the fact that it had marginally better gameplay than the original.

>7th place in a list of greatest games of all time
so...yeah, no one said is the greatest RPG of the decade

Plenty of women who didn't play the game were crying about the destructable skirt

COPE, not another RPG from this decade made the top 20 except NieR: Automata

That is a wack ass ranking

Automata was pretty damn fun, but also really short. I beat it in 3 days, and platinumed it in 5.
It was pretty nice to see Emil again, and Kaine's home

Attached: 1499980853073.png (500x1428, 695K)

NieR: Automata is not an RPG, though.
I don't know why you think im going against the game, i like it, and even if it's overrated, i think is one of the best games i've ever played and many of the flaws that other anons have pointed out in this very thread are small nitpicks to me that don't really degrade it's quality as a game.
I love NieR Automata, but its not an RPG.

nah.
It's a good game, don't get me wrong, but a lot of people hailed it as the second coming of Christ.

Do you think hyperbole ever helps you bring points across? It doesn't, it makes you sound like a desperate shithead begging for attention.

When did you realize 2B was voiced by Rina-Chan?
newgrounds.com/portal/view/541967

I don't really give a fuck

The music and it's use in this and OG Nier is above and beyond anything else in vidya, that´s for sure.

Saying it´s the only exceptional thing about it is kinda harsh though.

>that fucking credit sequence
>the "fight" against that little girl
>fighting that robot while switching between A2 and 9S

The PC port is literally unplayable. Can't even get to the first save point without crashes so I'm permanently stuck in the tutorial. Fuck japan and their shitty ports.

If you played it using the english dub, you deserve the Runkster
Get FAR, it sucks having to resort to a fanmade patch, but the game is worth it

Where are the Adameve sfms already god damn it it's been YEARS!

Always google "game pc patch" when playing a japanese PC port.

> Journalists don't even cry about the "Blanatant Sexualization"
They did thouh, Giant Bomb basically wouldn't even consider it for GotY because Abby was butthurt about it.

The one big stinker about is the insufferable fanbase, Tarofags are on the same level as Kojimafags, but then again you'd be dumb to let that affect your opinion of a product.

Its almost impossible for everyone to like a game at once, theres a lot of variables that can make each person like it or hate it. I got pretty bored after doing the first few main endings but a few of my friends loved it.

Good damnit user

>first few main endings
There's exactly 5 main endings, 3 and 4 happen at the same time and lead into 5 after a single gameplay sequence. Are you saying you got bored of the game when you were 10 minutes from completing it?

It's not

Tarofags used to be better, pre-Automata. Tarofags were more than happy to admit that Taro's games were janky messes in terms of gameplay, but he still knew how to tell a bonkers story that was still relatable. And he does tell his stories in a way that take advantage of the video game medium, so it's not like he's one of those "muh walking simulator cinematic masterpieces" types.

>NieR: Automata is not an RPG
Are you fucking retarded?

Attached: bSwSZWNH_400x400.jpg (400x400, 15K)

It's a decent game that people like even more because of the blatant sexualization but that no one wants to admit openly so they just say it's excellent for other reasons.

How does a game have 5 main endings?

By playing credits and ejecting you back to the main menu multiple times throughout a playthrough. They aren't really endings because you just load your game and continue, that's just how that gets perceived.

A2 > 2B

Attached: 5e1e84bb56243be8b472751e9904158c.jpg (1050x1400, 203K)

>RPG

That's fucking stupid

Attached: YokoTaro_Picture.jpg (480x480, 39K)

1. 2B's ending
2. 9S's first ending, which is just 2B's ending from his perspective
3. 9S's second ending
4. A2's ending
5. True ending

>3 and 4 happen
1 and 2 obviously happen at the same time, 3 and 4 are alternate versions depending on the character you choose.

more like
1. 2B's ending
2. same ending but from a different camera
3. what happens next
4. A2's ending
5. actual ending since the previous 4 aren't endings at all

Same time for you the player. 1 and 2 are hours apart, as soon as you see 3 you can immediately go see 4.

They happen at the same exact time, retard, you're just going from 9S's perspective in B. What are you fucking talking about

Attached: 1499465010550.png (719x771, 395K)

FOR YOU THE PLAYER. You get ending 1, then you play the game for a couple more hours and get ending 2.

This.
This sums up a lot of mainstream "Best Of's"

Fuck you user I laughed in public

2B is sexualized but her dress is fashionable which makes it cultured

belts, zippers, and bikini 'armor' are what people consider degenerate

or any PC game honestly

I heard localization changed 2B's tone. Is that true or not?

The RPG part drags it down, it would be better without you and the enemies having levels.

It's a good game game, good combat, soundtrack, environments are decent considering the setting, some characters are reasonably memorable (story vise not design)

However the story is absolute ass, it panders towards weebs who think it's deep and meaningful when in reality it's poorly written baby's first dip into posthumanism. SOMA and Talos Principle Had basically the same story yet was 1000x deeper and better written than Nier.

>he thinks it's an rpg

Yeah, she comes off as more sarcastic and bitchy.

Drakengard worth playing?
Heard they had some pretty shit gameplay.

Nier Automata is an extremely good game, certainly should have been the best Japanese game of the year when it came out.

Yes. Makes her more cold and dismissive versus the Japanese's curt and professional. Adds a sardonicness that simply wasn't there.
My first playthrough was Japanese text + audio. English playthrough I'm only partially through.
When 6O calls in upset, asking what to do after getting spurned? In English she responds: "Don't know. Don't care".
In Japanese she just flounders a little and says she can't really advise on that.

It's noticable. The nuance changes. But I'm not convinced it's critical.
I really need to get to the last conversation with Engels in English. That was the delivery that stuck with me most in Japanese - it felt like an irreconcilability breaking out, something buried finding a temporary outlet.

But it's not 2B that bothers me in English compared to Japanese - it's Pod 042.
Doesn't sound robotic like the original... or at least not the right kind of robotic. Entirely different register of voice.

Attached: Pod_042.jpg (1072x1500, 196K)

>Automata was pretty damn fun, but also really short. I beat it in 3 days, and platinumed it in 5.
how many hours did it take you? it usually takes about 50-60 hours, are you even okay there playing this much?

wew

>dude what if robots have souls
WOAH..

Not that user but I platinumed it in around 35 - 40 from what I remember

did you play the game with the guide open at all times or what?

t. bought the trophies

>can dodge anytime as often as you like and its 100% effective 100% of the time

what's even the point of the game once you figure this out

i really loved my first playthrough though

Attached: 1450681295906.gif (182x249, 81K)

shhhhhh

Attached: 1554505687883.png (486x332, 62K)

The simplicity of it all

Attached: 1550059924221.jpg (602x602, 51K)

It only took me like 30 or so hours. 15 or so just doing the story, and the rest was cleanup

Attached: 1490624421055.jpg (1080x1080, 57K)

Thanks for the explanation. I think I'll get the costume dlc and playthrough in japanese.

Being forced to play the game again but as 9S to get the second half of the story was a pile of bullshit.
9S was really fucking boring gameplay wise too.

>first hacking
>only used the left analog
What the fuck is this shit i can't even aim properly
>get into end game where you choose either 9s or A2 to play
>discover you can use left analog to control where you shot

I'm super dumb for that but after i started using the right stick too hacking was like a super fun bullet hell

Attached: 1528821860588.gif (500x606, 2.92M)

how? did you skip all the optional content and just bought all the trophies?

Everyone in the damn world referred to it as a Twin Stick shooter segment, why did you never try it?

>Hot bitch = Good Game

Attached: 1553066338682.webm (460x398, 902K)

i really liked both games so i say it's deserving

This was early on, so I just hacked the Rabbit machine in the Park to wake it up and grinded that to 99, then steamrolled through everything, cleaning up if I had to through Chapter Select
I didn't even find out about the shop until way later

Attached: 1503078232468.jpg (640x1920, 187K)

i have no idea
maybe i'm retarded

Stop making threads about this game for fuck sake.

>stop discussing about videogames
>on Yea Forums

what the hell man

>STOP TALKING ABOUT VIDEO GAMES REEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>On Yea Forums
Kill yourself, my man

Attached: 1514819944967.png (1920x1080, 1.56M)

Did I say that?
This game is 2 years old and eveyrthing about it has been discussed.People that finished the game and want to bring the subject should keep their retarded inbred mouths closed and check old threads and other forums and not create threads.

>Stop talking about games that didn't come out this year
Are you being retarded on purpose? Fuck off if you don't like the thread

Attached: 1546360526755.jpg (680x680, 23K)

This will never be me..

Attached: 1554502321113.jpg (720x405, 27K)

dude...

Attached: 1553621784879.jpg (705x527, 247K)

>Don't talk about a 2 year old game
>But constant wanking of Overwatch, WoW, Warframe, Souls games, Smash games, Mortal Kombat is OK
Man, how do you function with a brain that smooth

Attached: 0abc15dce8513f97ce64e0048614ded666e6c9c7fdf57d4d349a30993d21bfb0.png (1280x1122, 189K)

Doesn't really concern itself with questions of the soul, more with the difference between true intelligence and the emulation of intelligence.
Which is a very interesting question best explored more deeply elsewhere.
All it does really is frame it. It's not interested so much in giving an answer.
If anything it's far more interested in being a game and seeing what it can do with that. From that perspective it's actually quite playful.
Despite "babby's first" being treated as a stigma, there is nothing wrong with something being a basic introduction to an advanced concept.
That does suck but I treated it like Jedi Knight. It's not about winning the battle - it's about winning the battle artfully.
My pet peeve is levelling and how scaling works with levels, especially with how ineptly enemy levels were assigned.
You either destroy things by breathing on them or you're whittling down enemies that can one-shot you. Not much middleground.
Don't really see the purpose. Just seems like it makes calibrating fights more difficult, from a design perspective.
But of course it's not fucking perfect, it's a Yoko Taro game.
If anything it's surprising there isn't more wrong with it.

Attached: 1550624052071.jpg (464x700, 105K)

Because all those games are either still going or have sequels releasing this year.

Stop being such a fucking discord tranny motherfucking nigger incel
This game has been discussed to death.
If you've missed the train then that's your problem

>Don't talk about video games I'm sick of seeing
You really seem upset, are you ok?
I'm going to talk about NieR in a thread about NieR and there is nothing you can do about it

Attached: 1505296720615.jpg (1000x1000, 105K)

>it's an "user thinks he gets to decide what games other people talk about on Yea Forums - videogames episode"
fucking filter it you incompetent fuck.

Attached: 921d9058b3dd99f776e3a1c620187c063ed2fc8c4fe45b72368e9c1c64f37208.png (1017x785, 230K)

Not that.
If robots had 100% human intelligence.
This is an impossible scenario

I just finished this game 3 days ago and literally haven't made any of these threads I've been seeing and posting in lately. Looks like you lose bitch, people will keep making threads and new players will keep appearing to post in them.

Kek

stupid fucking tranny

nier is way better than automata

That's how selective outrage works.

>Is NieR really deserving of all this praise?
Yes.

At least the dumbass is bumping the thread. I finished it a couple days ago, but alot of threads died sub 150 posts.

Attached: 1471951389928.gif (320x180, 3.12M)

You've lost all the interesting threads about it.Nobody cares anymore.
The game will slowly fade into irrelevancy.It will age badly.
It will never be a classic.
The most pretentious game ever.
The most boring gameplay ever
The most waifubating videogame ever.
No genuine substance.

>It's not about winning the battle - it's about winning the battle artfully.
I'm surprised it didn't have some sort of ranking system like other Platinum games. Would've made perfect sense for the androids to have a battle report that tells them how well they're performing.

I dunno man, I've never played it cos the combat looked autistic, and the areas were ugly and dull as fuck.
But that one sfm of futa 2b throat fucking the shota from above is God tier.

Except Nier put the story into a game instead of a walking simulator.

The reason Nier draws so much praise is for its genius use of diagetic game design that makes scenes that would otherwise be good extremely powerful and elevates the narrative and characters to unprecedented levels

Owned.

The gameplay is not the best part about the game my son.
It's the ''plot''

How does combat look autistic?

i like both though. why must everything be ranked?

Attached: eba1d418b66666f633ee4d27c7c8f5cbb878d66b5c24fabc8430f8fc76131283.png (700x762, 770K)

Never said it was. It's merely good/serviceable. Soma and talos principle have no gameplay which is the problem. You literally just walk and listen to people talk or read entries on a computer.

Honestly it was fun playing it however.
It had one of the most repetitive combat in a action rpg ever.
It had one of the most predictable plots in a video game I have ever player
The music started getting boring on the second playthrough and the setting aswell.
The moral of the story is something you can get from alot of media and it's not something out of this world.

Fuck you now my black coworker is asking why i laughed

where its good its really good but its core gameplay is only ok
it certainly isnt the best RPG of the decade and not even of the year, if you consider it an RPG at all

it's an action hack and slash, and leans way the fuck more towards that than a straight JRPG
this "oh it has levels and equippable weapons therefore it's an RPG" bull SHIT needs to fuck off

It depends on what you are trying to get from the game preemtively.If you start playing nier automata because of the combat you will be a little disappointed by the end of it,if you come for the plot it depends

>do you think games are silly little things?
why did this question made me cry?

Attached: 1547056684978.png (804x964, 270K)

Yeah,I think it was the only question that made me say no the hardest.

>that entire minigame
really solidified N:A into my top 3 favorite games

Attached: 815e153bcac8f72638574321a032edbd6aa793349374cd1eaab428292725489a.jpg (599x1034, 53K)

Attached: 65e482e174b3c67d9235648a478e70df925be391694c9d0c06048c8ed4480d08.jpg (640x905, 93K)

>Song swells, and the entire development team starts to sing
Good lord, that was a fucking great bit

Attached: 1505947591121.jpg (650x885, 386K)

i still get chills thinking of it. I like to think I added my voice to theirs after I deleted my save.

Attached: 98b2b104e92d97a17702372721f07fa46766fe46b2e638132d2a98759e6abf5e.png (890x1200, 829K)

Say what you want about the game itself, but it's soundtrack and music is fucking on point
youtube.com/watch?v=DLAvHLQGOco

>Greatest Vidya of all time
>100 being Firewatch
Right up front you know it is a joke.

love the game itself, but i agree.
youtube.com/watch?v=HRg_6Oy435A
i know it's from the first game, but it hit hard when i saw it in N:A

Attached: e721192c4497bbc4ed5afd60921aa37bf09ea0f03c596487556f6765408fa21f.png (680x1106, 250K)

>Universally considered the best RPG of the decade
Is this a joke?

The reused songs from the first NieR were expertly placed, and when they played they actually made you feel something

Attached: 1518319841058.jpg (700x990, 294K)

Attached: 02210993fb794b79e5fc3adfa868c1634d75d42d2cb64c2174aa8420f13ea66b.jpg (1200x735, 124K)

RPG? This game doesn't feel like an RPG.

>Is NieR really deserving of all this praise?
Yes.

>Drakengard worth playing?
Yes.
>Heard they had some pretty shit gameplay.
You heard correct.

Why is human intelligence a golden standard?

>Journalists don't even cry about the "Blanatant Sexualization"

Oh, they tried. Believe me.

This. It's a character action with RPG elements.

>no talking about video games on Yea Forums!!!!!!!!!!

I'd like to think that all of the pretentious philosophical faffery distracted most people that would have argued about the apparent sexualization. A lot of 'video game journalists' eat that shit up.

For the record, I love the game and pretentiousness is all part of Yoko Taro games so it gets a pass, but you can't seriously argue against how pretentious it is.

No.
The original was better in almost every way

How did rpg come to mean "game with some customization options" and not "game where you make the character"?

The fact that Automata has waifus as a big selling point yet still manages to get mostly positive commentary about it on Yea Forums says a lot

9S was easily the worst part of the story in every aspect even after he went cray cray

A gaggle of sluts

There is literally no reason for you to get this butthurt over a vidya being talked about on a board specifically designed to talk about vidya

This.
That little hacking game got old super quick too

The problem is you can argue for most of anything that tries to explore themes as being pretentious.
Plus criticism of pretentiousness is usually pretentious.
Even when it's right.

I never got tired of it for some reason. Probably the music shift honestly.

Attached: C6uL2quVAAAP89D.jpg (611x800, 57K)

>RPG
You fucking wut mate?
Having npcs with filler side quests and some tiny open areas dosnt make you an rpg, fucking far cry 5 is closer to an rpg game by those standards.

And best rpg of decade people would still mostly go with witcher3 with no close contest, maybe Skyrim if you are breain dead but plenty of bethesda dick suckers around, pretty sure pure hack and slash stuff like diablo 3 or more oldschool stuff like divinity or pillars will be mentioned sooner than Nier.

That it did but 9S was either a whiny naive lil bitch or a crazed psychopath who was, for some reason, so in love with 2B that'd he didn't even realize that A2 is superior waifu

it's just the ass game
nobody remembers anything else about it

I remember everything about it. Especially the map for some reason. Probably because it was pretty small.

i remember loads of stuff about it. if you didn't play it of course you'd assume it's only about the robooty. as on point as that is, the rest of the game outshines it.

>9S was either a whiny naive lil bitch or a crazed psychopath
Was English 9S completely different delivery or something? Japanese 9S was a cheeky beggar in contrast to 2B's professionalism.

Attached: 1539271523586.png (1202x1585, 1.2M)

haha lol lmao

no, it was pretty stupid

Attached: cb89f65bd46558c5b6612095bc320eca987f20f52fc26cf019dfa3affa0303ed.png (540x764, 130K)

Are you going to go into a diatribe on the Chinese Room next?

>super fun bullet hell
Now let's not get crazy here. The bullet hell aspects are fun but the variety wears itself thin pretty quickly.

The best RPG of the last decade was Dynasty Warriors 9

Attached: 1533519582118.jpg (433x650, 48K)

yeah i mean for me it was cus i'm not really into bullet hells

cus for someone who's into it might be pretty boring

Why did the Western release feel the need to change Sartre's name to Jean-Paul? Obviously you get the same effect, but I fail to see why namedropping him would be an issue here, especially since they namedrop other famous intellectuals like Pascal and Engles for other Machines. Also his quest is probably the funniest thing in the game.

Takes advantage of the medium by taking crucial character development and plot points by putting it in side material

Yikes.

I don't think of NieR:Automata as a really good game. It's good overall, but I still think the original NieR outshadows it by far.
The cast in NieR was more fun and the Story overall deeper.
I think NieR Automata is the casualisation of NieR; as in "more streamlined".

I don't recommend Drakengard for its gameplay, but god damn, does the Story make up for it.

Attached: 1446093220785.png (1703x1080, 1.44M)

so i have nier 1 downloaded in 6 parts to emulate on PC. do i extract all 6 parts into one folder in order for my ps3 emulator to recognize it?

"Crucial plot points"? No. The only crucial plot point from a stage-play was A2's origins and you can access that entire story from Anemone's computer.
You know that the Halo novels tell you that Master Chief is actually Space Jesus right?
Just because side material exists doesn't make it mandatory, and in both Nier and Halo's cases you're better off not reading them.

If it's a RAR that's split into 6 pieces, opening just one of them and extracting it will automatically take the files from all 6 parts at once.
Where did you find the download? I wanna emulate it too.
Don't post the link cause that's banworthy, but just a site name would suffice.

>If it's a RAR that's split into 6 pieces, opening just one of them and extracting it will automatically take the files from all 6 parts at once.
shit, really? that's pretty fucking neato. you're a savoir.
it took me ages to find and i've had the files sitting on my computer for like 3 months. i'll look, but i don't think i'll be able to find it before the thread archives.

Attached: 39e56394cb1c2dfac19ecb87c05a704852bbcd8022714666a0ff925bb23c4aa2.jpg (500x557, 229K)

based

>> Universally considered the best RPG of the decade
No

found it:

>nblog . org

under ps3-iso

>Journalists don't even cry about the "Blanatant Sexualization"
rent free

>$300/mo for some nudes

should I pull the trigger

Attached: 5.jpg (570x855, 75K)

The first game is worth it.

>NieR is canon with Ending E from Drakengard 1
can we just have a moment to talk about that boss fight? 13 year old me had no fucking idea what to make of it, it came out of left field, but holy shit, what an accomplishment I felt when I finally beat it.

First check this out.
Then consider wasting money.

Attached: 2b maid.webm (1200x1200, 1.9M)

Nah there are hotter bitches in free porn plus you can probably just slap your pic in /r/ and get free nudes

I loved Nier: Automata but placing it that high is a bit wack.

>a full fledged horror game with enemy encounters and stealth is a walking simulator

That's pretty retarded senpai

who is that

are there nudes

>neither of them is an RPG
user both of them are action-RPGs
This can be corroborated by literally any source, including Platinum's own website
platinumgames.com/games/nier-automata

Attached: fb385c538ccdf00a20100a896eb00739d2c3788786bb50f9429f7d015ba068eb.png (920x1292, 559K)

still can't believe the game was made
what a fever dream

absolutely cried to every reference to past games

Attached: 1434476404863-0.png (1198x690, 1.04M)

Automata is actually pretty heavy on the character building options. To the point where you can either make the game significantly easier or harder based on the choices you make there. Which is a staple of the RPG genre. Which is also what people who go into the game expecting it to be a hack'n'slash complain about. It's more of an action RPG than souls games are.