SOUL VS SOULLESS

Attached: 289bzfd[1].png (543x233, 297K)

This is pretty much generally agreed upon. There's no real point in bringing this up as a topic for a thread when there's not much of a discussion to be garnered.

Some people actually believe SR is better, for some reason.

why do metroid fans like cannibalizing each other and the games so often?

Attached: 1529325029932.png (1762x2015, 184K)

Isn't that a common thing around here? see smash and souls

being starved for games in a series when all the good ones came out 10+ years ago will do that to a fanbase

anyway people who think SR is better dont actually realize what makes metroid good

Kind of happened with smash and roster fags, for some reason

I agree with this as much as I want for the Nintendo produced game to be better, although I do think they’re at least heading in a decent direction giving a 2D Metroid a release at all

bump

It happens with every series with 3 or more games

I prefer the gameplay of M:SR since Classicvania > Metroidvania

Halofags do the same thing though. Just look at how much shit flinging there is about what game marked the death of the series

I cant beleive faggots here actually like SR. It was genuinly almost as bad as Other M
>NO NO NO OTHER M BAD
shit they are both fucking terrible. Except Other M tanked and SR sold like crazy, permanently ruining the franshise

>SR sold like crazy
user...

Do you even know the numbers. Yea, it sold like nuts.

I've tried SR multiple times and I've never been able to stick with it, just something about the level design (as in the artwork / atmosphere) is distractedly bad when you compare it to pretty much any other metroid where you can pretty much tell what area you are in by color palette alone.

>left: shamelessly rips off Zero Mission
>right: actually becomes a unique Metroid title while staying true to the aesthetics of the original

Both are good. AM2R has a lot more work put into it and it's overall a better game (perhaps the greatest metroid game ever created) but Samus Returns has a lot of innovations which will bring the series forward.
To be completely honest I would very much enjoy a remake of Super Metroid, if done very well. Have the movement of AM2R, the polished controls, good mechanics, and music of Samus Returns, and add on some new cool stuff and maybe an optional ice area or something. Ideally would use some unique pixel graphics but I'd be fine with samus returns graphics if they put it on switch and did it well

It is literally the opposite. AM2R is just a Zero Mission and Super ripoff and looks it, SR is unique and fresh as possible even being a remake of 2.

>left, zero mission
>right, remain true to aesthetic of original
Holy shit, you probably shouldnt talk about stuff when you have no clue what your talking about.

Halo threads are even worse with that though?

Sr is terrible. It had zero atmosphere, bright neon colors everywhere and decided to be action heavy in the combat. pretty much as bad a Metroid game as could be made

More like soulless vs. soulless husk
Original is the only one with soul

Zero Mission and Super are literally the best 2D games in the entire series so whats the problem?

left: a graphics upgrade with minimal updates to gameplay based on modern games in the series

right: a total re-imagining that tells the same story of the game its based on but offers a completely unique experience with new gameplay

Attached: laughingjoshis.jpg (500x485, 69K)

Anyone got a link for AM2R?

>"I get my opinions from youtubers" the post.

Not an argument

>romhack
>soul ever

Because there are flaws in the franchise and people can recognize it.

In all fairness all we really know is is made top ten on the UK charts which is generally a poor market for nintendo games, let alone something niche like Metroid, and we know that according to Nintendo SR also sold better than Fire Emblem Fates which was itself a successful game, so if these two facts are held to be true yes SR absolutely sold well. Metroidfags should be more grateful that their series is selling with renewed confidence but instead they sperg out over some faggot's asset flip game.

Agreed.

3DS one is shitty and 30fps made it even worse.

But hurr durr you can p4rRy!!1

What rom is AM2R built off of user?

>search AM2R
>download mirror in the second link
I bet you instantly seek clerk for a help in a library even though you know the alphabet. Learn to do your own research, for fuck sake.

>Metroidfags should be more grateful that their series is selling with renewed confidence
We would be, if the game that sold well and renewed confidence, wasn't one of the worst entries in the entire franchise ever made. Giving Nintendo the idea that the SR abomination is the way to keep the series.

imagine having an opinion this wrong

>am2r
>romhack
yikes